The decline of functioning society - What's going on?

SeaEagle

Robin
Catholic
I recently attended a secular wedding this past weekend and thought I'd share.

The state officiator seemed to take it lightly, often joking and making little witty (in his mind) remarks. He emphasized the "equal partner" status the newlyweds would assume as well.

The outfits the young women and girls wore were really quite revealing, and they looked like prostitutes or club goers, some as young as 14 I imagine.

Then comes the music and dancing to female club music as all DJs cater to women it seems.. All the young women jumped to their feet and rushed to the dance floor when Baby Got Back came on, in a chorus of "WoOOoo"s. The music is waaay too loud to chat, and I found myself hanging out outside with the mosquitos before leaving. I realize I looked autistic but I really couldn't stand being in there.

I understand this is the format most (?) weddings follow in the west which is a shame. I wonder how weddings were before DJs and pop culture took over. It must have been something completely different. Or perhaps they were drunken parties just as often? Genuine question there.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
i just created an account here just to reply to this. i don't really come to this forum. i just wanted to say, i live in one of the most expensive states in the USA, which is also one of the most left wing. 2010-2020 i worked two jobs. i am not in a high paying field. since then i have only worked one due to covid and not wanting to work so much. my wife stays home to take care of the kids, of which we have five. she also homeschools them. we have a single family house that is over 2,000 sq ft.

we sure don't get ahead, but our material conditions don't really appear any different from any of my co-workers. i was shocked the other day to hear one of my co-workers that supports only herself say that she hasn't had steak for some time because she can't afford it. meanwhile, on the same paycheck or less my kids are having cuts of beef so much they complain about it. i can't imagine what that person must be spending her money on.

both my wife and i have post-graduate degrees with no school debt. i would like to encourage other people to kind of get creative and see what more they can get out of life.

so i just wanted to say, although it may -appear- that '2 college educated parents have to take on a lifetime of debt to afford to be able to “raise“ 2 kids in a white neighborhood', i don't think it is necessarily true. it is not easy, but i have been pulling it off for 14 years.

prior to this, i was single in a dead end job for about 9 years out of college. guys waking me up in the middle of the night knocking on the door trying to find out if their drug dealer was in my place. one day i was like, 'what the hell am i doing?' it was still a lot of work after i started asking myself that, but i was able to get it together eventually.
We might be about the same age. I am in my mid-40's. I was lucky to have parents who pushed me in the right direction. And due to working 7 days a week for now 22 years straight, I could afford a pretty good life for myself and my kids. But I never look a gift horse in the mouth, and these facts remain...

#1) My job, no job, is guaranteed. And with endless legal immigration, pushed by both parties and even "outsider" Donald Trump, jobs will continue to be harder to find and pay less per COL. So I am not out of the woods yet by any stretch of the imagination.

#2) The COL has simply skyrocketed in the last 14 years. I was able to buy my home, with no money down, nearly 20 years ago. My house has more than doubled in value and the amount needed down would be 20%. I could do it, but the next generation simply cannot do it. I know a lot of very hard working good young men and it takes nearly their entire paycheck to pay their living. I got around a 3.55 annual raise and we are looking at real inflation of 15%.

With all this said, even if I avoid the landmines and keep employed and can easily afford to raise children. What is there out there for them? If things are a already this bad for 22 year olds, how much worse will it be in another 22 years if my non-existent children become adults.

This isn't black pilling, this isn't giving up hope, this is reality of the situation we face in the USA. I don't see anyone, other than a few "extremists" in the GOP, even talking about these issues. So in other words, the powers that be want to make sure we keep heading down the same path.

May God bless you and your family. I certainly keep all of the good Christians suffering in the west in my nightly prayers. There will be a solution to all of this, but how long away and how violent it gets, I can't say.

homersheineken

Pelican
Protestant
We might be about the same age. I am in my mid-40's. I was lucky to have parents who pushed me in the right direction. And due to working 7 days a week for now 22 years straight, I could afford a pretty good life for myself and my kids. But I never look a gift horse in the mouth, and these facts remain...

#1) My job, no job, is guaranteed. And with endless legal immigration, pushed by both parties and even "outsider" Donald Trump, jobs will continue to be harder to find and pay less per COL. So I am not out of the woods yet by any stretch of the imagination.

#2) The COL has simply skyrocketed in the last 14 years. I was able to buy my home, with no money down, nearly 20 years ago. My house has more than doubled in value and the amount needed down would be 20%. I could do it, but the next generation simply cannot do it. I know a lot of very hard working good young men and it takes nearly their entire paycheck to pay their living. I got around a 3.55 annual raise and we are looking at real inflation of 15%.

With all this said, even if I avoid the landmines and keep employed and can easily afford to raise children. What is there out there for them? If things are a already this bad for 22 year olds, how much worse will it be in another 22 years if my non-existent children become adults.

This isn't black pilling, this isn't giving up hope, this is reality of the situation we face in the USA. I don't see anyone, other than a few "extremists" in the GOP, even talking about these issues. So in other words, the powers that be want to make sure we keep heading down the same path.

May God bless you and your family. I certainly keep all of the good Christians suffering in the west in my nightly prayers. There will be a solution to all of this, but how long away and how violent it gets, I can't say.
What do you do in IT that requires you to work 7 days a week for decades to barely make it?

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
What do you do in IT that requires you to work 7 days a week for decades to barely make it?
I don't "barely make it", I have done well for myself. I am extremely blessed and I always start my prayers thanking God for my blessings which humble me.

But if I were to lose my job and I had kids, it would be a real struggle. I don't know at my age if I would easily find another job in tech that wouldn't make me absolutely miserable. I don't know how long I will have my current job, the economy looks very bad and nothing is guaranteed.

It is just the reality of the situation. The other side is I could delve deep into tech and get all sorts of certs and have more security. But that would make me so miserable and one dimensional, that I would be very unhappy, unhealthy, and miserable.

My path has been the best for me. But I know that realistically my path is not available to someone 20 years younger than me. And it is very upsetting to see this unfold.

JuanChristophorus

Sparrow
Trad Catholic
The state officiator seemed to take it lightly, often joking and making little witty (in his mind) remarks. He emphasized the "equal partner" status the newlyweds would assume as well.
This is why a priest officiates the wedding and dictates the words for the bride "... to love, cherish and obey ...". We cannot have that anymore.
The outfits the young women and girls wore were really quite revealing, and they looked like prostitutes or club goers, some as young as 14 I imagine.
It goes as young as 11 when their bodies start to develop into adult ones. Many such cases. In addition, most clothing stores for girls offer whorish clothing. Be it in winter or in summer, sluts always find a reason to show off and lead men astray. Where I live the sheer shamelessness of showing boobs and butts in public made me indifferent, but I tell you, when I see a girl in a modest dress she piqued my interest.
Then comes the music and dancing to female club music as all DJs cater to women it seems.. All the young women jumped to their feet and rushed to the dance floor when Baby Got Back came on, in a chorus of "WoOOoo"s. The music is waaay too loud to chat, and I found myself hanging out outside with the mosquitos before leaving. I realize I looked autistic but I really couldn't stand being in there.
This is why more and more priests decline to officiate weddings. The irreverent behavior and immodesty is sickening. Weddings have become another juvenile occasion to get wasted.

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I recently attended a secular wedding this past weekend and thought I'd share.

[...]

I understand this is the format most (?) weddings follow in the west which is a shame. I wonder how weddings were before DJs and pop culture took over. It must have been something completely different. Or perhaps they were drunken parties just as often? Genuine question there.

This is something unthinkable in Romania. The only "drunken parties" are the bachelor/ bachelorette parties. Before covid, it was just a night in the club for both sexes. Now, most of these parties are a meal downtown with the future husband/ wife's best friends.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
This is an example of how capitalism leads to the collapse of society...

"Almost every House Democrat and 62 Republicans voted to reward H-1B visa workers by offering the huge prize of citizenship to their adult children in exchange for their parents taking Fortune 500 jobs from American graduates."

Samseau

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

I think you lack faith, brother. Once you've done reasonably well you find a good woman and start having children. Maybe things get worse, maybe they get better. It doesn't matter. God will provide as long as you put your faith and trust in Him. At some point, you have to take the leap of faith because there is no way to know what the future will bring.

Samseau

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
This is an aside, but somewhat relevant to the thread. I was thinking about death and realized what a gift death really is. It gives the ability for things to start new. Without death, entire generations would never move forward.

The current societal decline, it too will die, fade away, and be replaced.

Death is just a function of Time. Time cannot be stopped by any force, which means Time is actually from God. Time is therefore the will of God in action. Thus death is when God's will allotted to any given lifeform is exhausted; all life has a certain amount of time value put into it, and once it's consumed the life stops. Time is the absolute power of God made manifest, which proves that all of us witness God every single day.

I think it's crazy people deny God when the evidence of His existence is so overwhelming.

Pointy Elbows

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Edward Dowd reporting a near 3M increase in self-reported disability claims. Increase started in 2021, commensurate to vaxxes, and appears to continue accelerating. If this is accurate, it is a 10% increase from a relatively flat-line 5 year rate - from 29M to 31+M.

Dowd starts near 1:20, runs to 12:00 before some Q&A:

Imagine taking 3M "excess" people out of the workforce. Keep in mind that 0-18 is too young and most people are retired and considered out of workforce at mid-60s.

So, 3M "extra" out of work (on top of baseline 29M), plus retiring/dying/resigning baby boomers. Since baby boomers are the largest generation in US history, and they don't have replacement level kids (the ones they did have often have useless degrees and paper jobs), we have chosen to replace uncle Jeff (the licensed electrician and family mechanic) with a 3d world 25 year old immigrant. Well, it just won't work - even if nice uncle Jeff thinks it will, 'cuz "muh all people are equal."

Stoyan

Banned
Orthodox
I guess that one of the takeaways is that, if a societal collapse occurs at least in part due to immorality and cultural degradation, then what follows after that is a more conservative culture built on the ruins, to prevent such a disaster from happening again.

We saw this example of how the Roman Empire collapsed due to rot from the inside, and was replaced for some good amount of time by a Christian Catholic/Orthodox world, with very conservative social norms. Similarly, Babylon also collapsed due to rot and degradation, but now that region, and the entire Middle East in general is one of the most conservative places on Earth. Neither Medieval Christianity nor Islam came out of nothing, they fulfilled important functions in a "post-collapse" society.

What will be in the place of America 200 years from now? Most likely it will be a very conservative society. Maybe it will be based on Christianity, maybe Mormonism, maybe some other entirely new religion. It will contain all the common elements of a conservative religious society however. But it will be completely unrecognizeable, just as the Mediterranean and Mesopotamian regions were completely unrecognizeable just before the collapse vs some time after the collapse.

Easy_C

Peacock

Jive Turkey

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
People are trying to rip me off with greater and greater frequency in my business. Two years ago I can't think of a single instance. Now it is a seemingly monthly occurrence. It could just be God putting me through the paces, but it seems to go hand in hand with the decline of everything else. One thing that freaks me out is if it is this bad now, what is it going to be like in 5 or 10 years? These things tend to accelerate. There was a deterioration between 1940-1960, but slight. Compare that to the deterioration between 2002 and 2022 and you may as well be in an alien civilization. Even just two years ago things were not this wild.

Hopefully the wave crests soon! In times like these we must turn even more to God and repent even harder. I must also consider how I contribute to the chaos.

KingCorfu

Pigeon
Other Christian
I own a business in the skilled trades and could write a book about how the mechanical systems in this country are bound to start failing.

Young men now have next to zero mechanical skills, and no desire to learn. My MEP guys and carpenters are all 50+. My best people have already retired. Luckily for the average citizen, utility companies can poach the best guys so those will stay together the longest, but commercial/residential/industrial construction and other commercial activity that requires people with a mechanical background will get worse and slower.
I am just catching up with this thread but I work in a heavy industry and second this comment. It’s mad.

Enoch

Hummingbird
People are trying to rip me off with greater and greater frequency in my business. Two years ago I can't think of a single instance. Now it is a seemingly monthly occurrence. It could just be God putting me through the paces, but it seems to go hand in hand with the decline of everything else. One thing that freaks me out is if it is this bad now, what is it going to be like in 5 or 10 years? These things tend to accelerate. There was a deterioration between 1940-1960, but slight. Compare that to the deterioration between 2002 and 2022 and you may as well be in an alien civilization. Even just two years ago things were not this wild.

Hopefully the wave crests soon! In times like these we must turn even more to God and repent even harder. I must also consider how I contribute to the chaos.
Noticed this too. Past 3 or 4 months, spate of guys fudging hours or turning in totally fake timesheets. Collections slower but that could be macro factors.

John777

Banned
Protestant
The other side is I could delve deep into tech and get all sorts of certs and have more security. But that would make me so miserable and one dimensional, that I would be very unhappy, unhealthy, and miserable.

This is a real challenge. Not sure how similar your job is to mine, but for me it's the same. I love the underlying subject matter as much as I did when I entered university. But the day to day stupidity, corporate gayness, and in the end pointlessness of so much of the work has made it a soul-crushing endeavor for years now.

I realize work is not always enjoyable, it is a cross, and I should be thankful for it. The only way I've been able to keep going is by remembering the work is for God, in the end, and I am supposed to serve the authority He put in place over me. In the sense that all work done for human masters should be done in the spirit of serving Christ, for the sake of the work itself for His sake.

But the amount of time I have to devote to other activities, specifically to keep myself sane and healthy enough to crush my soul, twist my brain and slowly disfigure my eyes, wrist and spine by spending long periods in front of a screen, makes it impossible to get any extra certifications. The best I can manage is learning things on my own time, often totally unrelated to my job, just to keep my mind and soul alive. That, plus prayer, exercise, and all normal family and home obligations, does not leave much time left to spend more time studying to collect more pieces of paper that say I am a smart, good boy, so I can get an even more soul-crushing job higher up the food chain.

Edit: Strange I didn't notice until I wrote this, what an idol I have made of work. I noticed I listed prayer as one of a list of "obligations" while placing work as a higher priority. How transparently stupid that was. Obviously I should expect no satisfaction or happiness from anything in this current fallen world, other than prayer and worship of God. That may sound extreme but I need to remember it, because otherwise nothing makes sense.

Last edited: