The Documentaries Thread

Diocletian

Woodpecker
Going Clear - A documentary about the cult of Scientology. Pretty interesting case study on how easily manipulated these people were and how bad it got.

4:36: You are missing the signpost up ahead, the one that reads "next stop, infinity."

Dang that sounds familiar.........

"That's the signpost up ahead-your next stop, the Twilight Zone!" :alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

Last edited:
Can recommend this series, 5 parts: . After this you'll have a great background in theory about who runs the world. I had a lot of practical, nowadays insight, this really helped me in order to understand where the plan to control the world came from and where essentially in practicality the circumstances we're living under now come from.

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
Can recommend this series, 5 parts: . After this you'll have a great background in theory about who runs the world. I had a lot of practical, nowadays insight, this really helped me in order to understand where the plan to control the world came from and where essentially in practicality the circumstances we're living under now come from.
Can you post a url?

J.E.

Robin
About Warlords in Liberia in general and General Butt-Naked in particular
If you wondered how Grand Theft Auto on crack looks like in an entire country, this is the documentary for you. General Butt-Naked actually became Christian after killing tens of thounsands with his army and cannibalizing his enemies and children. A highly dubious conversion if you ask me, but truly one of the most interesting men I heard about.

German Sterligov, former Russian oligarch shows his estate, way of life and shares his views on religion, modernity and what the future holds for us

Interesting documentary from Adam Curtis to understand the origine of Conspiracy Theories with Operation Mindfuck and our future in a collective dystopian world governed by AI.

fortyfive

Woodpecker
Truly incredible Finnish carpentry skills from yesteryear. No power tools and all jointing done with an axe. I wonder if they still have carpenters capable of such work. The video notes say it was filmed in 1990 but the production and highbrow voice-over are more like 50's/60's.
After watching this I have to set up my time machine in the basement to place: Finland forest, time: 1950
Thanks for tip

MrFreezy

Sparrow
Documentary on the San Fran Golden Gate Bridge. Basically its about the suiciders. Good movie on the subject. Got some blood chilling scenes. If you ever seen somebody taking his own life just in front of you like I did you will understand the certain atmosphere in the air, the tension. And this movie captures it pretty well. English with Spanish subtitles:

Obviously Michael Moore is pretty popular but I especially liked his documentary on the health care system in America. In the end they go to Cuba where they receive free medical care. Definitely a really good movie.

Thomas More

Hummingbird

Obviously Michael Moore is pretty popular but I especially liked his documentary on the health care system in America. In the end they go to Cuba where they receive free medical care. Definitely a really good movie.
I'm not sure Cuban state provided medical care is really superior to what's available in the US. I think Moore was presenting a worst case scenario in the US, and the Cuban government was taking advantage of the opportunity to present a falsely positive impression of their system.

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
Documentary on the San Fran Golden Gate Bridge. Basically its about the suiciders. Good movie on the subject. Got some blood chilling scenes. If you ever seen somebody taking his own life just in front of you like I did you will understand the certain atmosphere in the air, the tension. And this movie captures it pretty well. English with Spanish subtitles:
Saw the documentary quite some years ago now. I remember it being very moving. Recommended.