The Donald Trump thread

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

@realchrisrufo thread continue
=========================
To begin, the president explains that our nation was founded on the ideal that "all men are created equal" and denounces critical race theory's "pernicious and false belief that America is an irredeemably racist and sexist country."

The President writes that the "malign ideology" of critical race theory "is now migrating from the fringes of American society and threatens to infect core institutions of country." He cites my original reporting on the Treasury Department, Argonne National Labs, and Sandia Labs.

The ambition of the executive order is breathtaking: the President will prohibit federal funds from supporting critical race theory trainings in the federal government, in the military, and by all federal contractors.

The point on federal contractors is a major escalation: if a private company wants to work with the US government, they can no longer teach critical race theory anywhere in their offices. This could potentially disrupt CRT programs in half of the Fortune 500.

The executive order will also disrupt the flow of money to academia's critical race theory programs. The order stops all federal grants that support CRT—with the potential to cripple hundreds of academic projects moving forward.

Finally, the executive order has a strong enforcement component: all federal diversity programs must be approved directly by OMB and OPM, and agencies are directed to initiate adverse action proceedings against managers who continue to hold CRT trainings.

The executive order also opens the legal floodgates: the President instructs the Attorney General to assess whether critical race theory trainings create a "hostile work environment" and constitute a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
The President's executive order is nothing short of astonishing: he has used all of the mechanisms of power to disrupt the "ideological poison" of critical race theory—and immediately takes the fight to the bureaucracy, universities, and woke corporations. He is playing to win.
When I began my reporting, I visualized a single goal: persuading the President of the United States to abolish critical race theory in the federal government.

With this executive order, he has gone much further—and taken a dramatic step towards saving the country. Swords up!
=========================

Last edited:

dicknixon72

Pelican
Anyone else notice the scaling of Trump's body to the vehicle? If not a shop that vehicle is huge.

Cadillac One is not a limousine in the traditional sense of a stretched/modified fullsize luxury sedan, rather it rides its own GMC Kodiak-derived 4500-Series chassis with bespoke coachwork carrying contemporary Cadillac car line design cues - vertical LED taillamps, stacked LED headlamp array with fender oversweap, Escala-concept grille, etc.

Being such, its a very beefy vehicle indeed.

Canopus

Kingfisher
Wow. That EO...

Quite frankly, it is one of the best things he's ever done. I can't add any more than that, other than a sense that the clouds of this long and troubled year are slowly parting, and you can see the rays of the sun piercing through.

The President has my deepest thanks for this, and I look forward to voting for him in November.

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member
I'm jealous of how great your president is;

The UK, has on paper, a "Conservative" goverment, but CRT is being pushed even inside parliament.

When Trump wins victories in the Culture War and bursts opens up the Overton Window, it really benefits non-far Leftists in other English speaking countries.

estraudi

Pelican
Gold Member
Wow. That EO...

Quite frankly, it is one of the best things he's ever done. I can't add any more than that, other than a sense that the clouds of this long and troubled year are slowly parting, and you can see the rays of the sun piercing through.

The President has my deepest thanks for this, and I look forward to voting for him in November.
Exactly.
This EO banning of CRT would make a most epic political tv commercial.
The nail in the coffin to those in government that are seditious liberal shitheads.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

^^
Big Tech-funded lobbyists and D.C. insiders are expressing alarm that President Donald Trump is set to nominate an FCC commissioner, Nathan Simington, who isn’t one of them.

“There’s this informal rule that the nominees come from someone on the Hill — or at least it’s someone that somebody on the Hill wants to see there. That certainly appears not to be the case here,” Scott Wallsten, president of the Technology Policy Institute, told Law360.

“It’s sort of not surprising to see that Trump wouldn’t follow the conventional approach because he doesn’t on anything.”

The Technology Policy Institute is funded by virtually every major Big Tech company — its list of donors includes Google, Facebook, Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft.

According to an insider who spoke to Law360, Simington is completely unknown to career bureaucrats, and that’s making D.C. swamp creatures nervous:

Simington is a little-known name within the NTIA, the U.S. Department of Commerce‘s spectrum regulatory body, and has only been in the role of senior adviser since June. Before moving to the government sector, he worked at mobile company Brightstar Corp. as senior counsel. A longtime industry observer told Law360 that when they received a text from a former colleague about Simington’s forthcoming nomination, they initially thought it was a joke. “I said, ‘We don’t know him, and we know everybody,'” the person told Law360.

John B. Morris Jr., a fellow at the Brooking Institute, said President Trump’s decision to withdraw the re-nomination of Michael O’Rielly, an Obama-appointed FCC commissioner, and nominate Simington instead, is “unusual.”

Brookings is funded by Amazon, Comcast, Facebook, and George Soros’ Open Society Foundations.

It now falls to Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS), Chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, to bring forward Trump’s FCC nomination.

Sen. John Thune (R-SD), a member of the Committee and Senate Majority Whip, said the Committee should move “as soon as possible” to confirm Simington.

However, if allies of Big Tech in the Senate wished to block the Simington confirmation, they could slow-walk the process until the November election.

If Biden wins the election, he would likely renominate O’Rielly, who has expressed skepticism about President Trump’s executive order on social media censorship, and is not seen as a threat to Big Tech.

If Simington isn’t confirmed by early January, a second-term Trump would need to renominate him.

From the comments section: