The Donald Trump thread

bucky

Ostrich
I’m not that worried but we’ll see what happens. Remember, statistically the survivability is about 95% for his age bracket.

Unfortunately, the media’s “Project Fear” has been very successful.

I was thinking that if he survives with no major lasting effects, which he likely will, it might help all but the most fanatic true believers see that COVID-19 isn't that big a deal. Maybe more people will question the lockdowns and reactions to it and wonder why they really happened.

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I walk my dog around the neighborhood and there are some older women (75+) whose husbands passed away. Occasionally if I have time I will stop by their house and let them pet my dog and chat with them. They are good people.

Two of them have told me they voted Republican their entire lives and will probably vote for Biden. They feel Trump hasnt lived up any of his big promises and his personality has grated on them. One changed her mind after the debate.

Not data, just some things happening in a small town midwestern swing state.

Pendleton

Pelican
I walk my dog around the neighborhood and there are some older women (75+) whose husbands passed away. Occasionally if I have time I will stop by their house and let them pet my dog and chat with them. They are good people.

Two of them have told me they voted Republican their entire lives and will probably vote for Biden. They feel Trump hasnt lived up any of his big promises and his personality has grated on them. One changed her mind after the debate.

Well, at least it is anecdotal evidence that the Boomers are going to continue their record of stellar decisionmaking to the very end.

Salocin

Woodpecker

It'll never happen, but repealing the 19th amendment would go a long ways to righting this ship.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
The most beautiful way T could win this thing - probably won’t happen, but the most beautiful, the most poetic - would be if Biden is declared the clear winner on election night, but a week later after all the mail in votes are counted, T wins. Can you imagine the salt ? :laugh:

Last edited:

jonottawa

Chicken
I was a strong, early, fierce, devoted Trump supporter in 2015-2016. I have described election day 2016 as 'the best day of my life.'

I am completely on-board with the older ladies who feel Trump hasn't lived up to his most important promises and that his personality has grated on them. And that they can no longer support him. (And FWIW I agree about repealing the 19th amendment.)

He didn't build the wall. He didn't deport them all. He didn't insist on mandatory e-verify. He didn't drain the swamp. He didn't stand up to Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and DARE them to defy the will of the 60 million Republican voters who elected him. He appointed a bunch of Goldman Sachs globalists to his administration and ended up firing all of the patriots. He let Jared Kushner run his administration. He didn't lift a finger to protect his supporters from Antifa terrorists, from partisan prosecutors or from Bolshevik censorship in the modern public square. He blew it (or conversely was simply lying all along throughout his campaign.)

His condemnation of Ann Coulter, one of the great political minds of our age, was disgraceful. He wouldn't be president if not for Ann Coulter. His disavowal of the Proud Boys, a leftist milquetoast bunch of degenerate civnats, says all you need to know about what a 2nd Trump term will look like.

Now I am an accelerationist, not because I think it's probable that accelerationism will lead to a desirable outcome, but because I know that another 4 years of Trump won't. If you give me a 3% chance to survive if I take pill A and a 0% chance to survive if I take pill B, I will take pill A.

bucky

Ostrich
The most beautiful way T could win this thing - probably won’t happen, but the most beautiful, the most poetic - would be if Biden is declared the clear winner on election night, but a week later after all the mail in votes are counted, T wins. Can you imagine the salt ? :laugh:

That would indeed be beautiful, even nicer than the pleasant surprise in 2016.

bucky

Ostrich
At the same time, another poll claims that Trump is leading Biden in popular vote by 1%:

Hard to know what to trust anymore.

It would also be a nice consolation prize if Biden were to somehow win the electoral college but not the popular vote. Then we could bitch about it sarcastically for the next four years while watching the left turn on a dime and talk about the sanctity of the electoral college system and how they won fair and square.

We could even ironically invent a narrative where they only won because of help from some other country, the more ridiculous the better. I'm thinking maybe Albania.

Pendleton

Pelican
At the same time, another poll claims that Trump is leading Biden in popular vote by 1%:

Hard to know what to trust anymore.

I think I can say with certainty that John Harwood and NBC/WSJ do not fall into the trustworthy category. Harwood stands out as a crackpot even among his colleagues at CNN and CNBC.

Last edited:

DeusLuxMeaEst

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I think I can say with certainty that John Harwood and NBC/WSJ do not fall into the trustworthy category. Harwood stand out as a crackpot even among his colleagues at CNN and CNBC.

That poll had more self identified "Strong Democrats" over "Strong Republicans" by 6 points. Also more "Independent/Lean Democrat" over "Independent/Lean Republican" by 1 point. Also slightly more females respondents than male.