The Donald Trump thread

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Trump appointed Wray in the first place, so I'm not sure what the big deal would be in him resigning. He obviously knew what a corrupt, deep-state disaster Wray was going to be, so if he resigns, he will just be replaced with yet another corrupt, deep-state disaster.

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
So... what do you guys make of the poll numbers?

I've been reading a lot about these polls lately and how close they were in 2016 but Trump won by slightly more votes. However, I think watching the polls without the context of the electoral college doesn't seem meaningful to me. I mean, there are literally 6 swing states (Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona). Trump just needs 3, am I right? Assume the rest will fall along party lines.

My point is that Biden may be showing a 10 to 15 point lead but how can we legitimately break this lead down in these battlegrounds? I just wonder if we looked at the polls wrong in 2016 and still are looking at them wrong in 2020. Meanwhile, the "election forecasters," otherwise known as media pundits, are extrapolating small margins in battlegrounds to large "chances of winning" for Biden. The whole thing doesn't make sense to me.

On another note, I see and talk to people frustrated with Trump but also frustrated with the whole "defund/f**k the police" narrative. Also, parents are livid regarding remote learning and seeing lots of issues with children that are not getting the social activity they normally would in a school year. In my state, Illinois, sports have been a huge issue, as the cuck governor has essentially banned them for children in school. This might all be anecdotal, but I don't think that many Americans are dumb enough to JUST vote against Trump's rhetoric.

Maybe someone else can explain it better.

jarlo

Robin

I've been reading a lot about these polls lately and how close they were in 2016 but Trump won by slightly more votes. However, I think watching the polls without the context of the electoral college doesn't seem meaningful to me. I mean, there are literally 6 swing states (Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona). Trump just needs 3, am I right? Assume the rest will fall along party lines.

Part of the problem is that there's a real risk of even losing traditionally non-swing states, like Texas. I think that many of Trumps supporters fail to recognize that upsets do happen, and his victory was just that - an upset. He won several swing states by a razor thin margin.

My point is that Biden may be showing a 10 to 15 point lead but how can we legitimately break this lead down in these battlegrounds? I just wonder if we looked at the polls wrong in 2016 and still are looking at them wrong in 2020. Meanwhile, the "election forecasters," otherwise known as media pundits, are extrapolating small margins in battlegrounds to large "chances of winning" for Biden. The whole thing doesn't make sense to me.

Five Thirty Eight is a liberal news source, but they gave Trump one of the highest chances of any news source of winning the 2016 election. So, I generally trust them in that I don't think they deliberately adjust their methodology to make it look like Trump has a lesser chance of winning than he does.

In 2020, they're giving him a lower chance of winning at this point than they gave Trump just prior to the 2016 election. It's possible that they unintentionally miscalculate the importance of things which they cannot know, e.g. the number of people claiming in polling to support Biden while actually supporting Trump.

On another note, I see and talk to people frustrated with Trump but also frustrated with the whole "defund/f**k the police" narrative. Also, parents are livid regarding remote learning and seeing lots of issues with children that are not getting the social activity they normally would in a school year. In my state, Illinois, sports have been a huge issue, as the cuck governor has essentially banned them for children in school. This might all be anecdotal, but I don't think that many Americans are dumb enough to JUST vote against Trump's rhetoric.

I think voting is for most people an emotional rather than a logical decision. The tweeting which gets young guys on the Internet excited turns off suburban moms who would otherwise agree with him almost entirely on policy. The last presidential debate was a good example of Trump's character flaws getting in his way - you beat Biden in a debate by letting him speak.

estraudi

Pelican
Gold Member
Never forget that the polls that ANY media bombards you with are "new national poll". National Poll.
They never take into account or do polls that are state by state metrics. Those are the polls that would actually tell you more of the story.
Media did this with shrillary in 2016.

estraudi

Pelican
Gold Member
If Commiefornians were fickle enough to flip democrat within 2 decades then they can just as well flip to Republican starting this year.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Was this a big nothing burger ?

I missed the press conference, but was expecting the thread to blow up.

It was a big nothing burger indeed. He talked about prosecuting some British ISIS terrorists with the cutesy name "The Beatles". How childish.

No reporter had the balls to ask him why his FBI was slow walking the declassified documents he's been ordered to produce. They should have asked him if he is hiding material that incriminates himself, and asked him how he can defy the lawful order of the POTUS.

homersheineken

Kingfisher

Didn't really want to get into the polls since I see them more as propaganda than anything useful (at least public polls) but just wanted to say:

Fuck Pritzker

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Didn't really want to get into the polls since I see them more as propaganda than anything useful (at least public polls) but just wanted to say:

Fuck Pritzker

Speaking of the Illinois governor, most of the restaurants around my hometown in Illinois are defying his non-mandatory ban on dining in. The sheriff's offices and the local town police departments have all stated they will not be enforcing any rules about restaurants allowing dining in, and they will not respond to any complaints about this.

There are a minority of posters on the local town Facebook pages carrying on about how these restaurants want everybody to die, but I'd say close to 3/4's of the posters are saying "Good. Enough's enough". They are posting lists of restaurants that allow dining in, and encouraging people to eat there in support of these local businesses. Many people are proudly posting of having done so at such and such restaurant.

The funny thing is that multiple people have started calling the governor "Prickster"! :laughter::p:nerd

Last edited: