The Donald Trump thread

paninaro

Kingfisher
The Chinese also owe 1.6 Trillion dollars in bonds to the US people. We should force them to pay up. They need us a lot more than we need them.
The Chinese own US bonds = they paid up when they bought them. Now the US government has to eventually pay them back. That's the point of bonds -- the US government needs to issue money so they issue bonds.

I agree Chinese ownership is a problem. But they can't buy US bonds unless someone will sell them, and it's the US treasury that sells bonds. In fact, this year the US deficit hit $3.1 trillion, an all-time high. That means the US government spent $3.1 trillion more than they received.

It's the Treasury Department, under Mnuchin's leadership, that is selling bonds to the Chinese. Why is this being allowed?

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
The Chinese own US bonds = they paid up when they bought them. Now the US government has to eventually pay them back. That's the point of bonds -- the US government needs to issue money so they issue bonds.

I agree Chinese ownership is a problem. But they can't buy US bonds unless someone will sell them, and it's the US treasury that sells bonds. In fact, this year the US deficit hit $3.1 trillion, an all-time high. That means the US government spent $3.1 trillion more than they received.

It's the Treasury Department, under Mnuchin's leadership, that is selling bonds to the Chinese. Why is this being allowed?
We sell bonds to anyone with money to buy them.

Looking back at 2012 our choices were as bad as 2008 or 2004. Mitt or McCain or Barry are interchangeable
Trump is the only thing that saved the GOP from complete irrelevance. The voters overwhelmingly rejected the left wing Republicanism of McCain and Romney (and barely elected Dubya) but the cucks still act like they have some sort of moral authority or represent the will of the people rather than Trump.

Why would we want not want to have them give us money for nothing? They are the fools for thinking they will be paid back in anything other than new IOUs or an increasingly worthless dollar. And that assumes the US doesn't simply default.

Treasury is out of control. Agreed.

Margaret Thatcher negotiated an agreement during the Hong Kong deal to get a payback. We should be doing the same.

Why would we want not want to have them give us money for nothing? They are the fools for thinking they will be paid back in anything other than new IOUs or an increasingly worthless dollar. And that assumes the US doesn't simply default.
When it comes to this bond issue, the US and China are like two dogs copulating. Either one pulling out would go very bad for both of them.

Too bad we don't have forward thinking long term thoughtful leadership; I'm sure America could easily produce everything it needs without China if we had the will and leadership to do it. But that would require some of them taking 'less profit'.

Kekemet

Pigeon
Do folk in Europe see anything beyond controlled fake news?
It's the same here in Australia. A complicit & globalist media apparatus that only details neutral or negative content on Trump.
Nigh on the same Fake News talking points here in Aus., as you'll get out of the Fake News crowd in America.

The news here never show the big boat parades or the big Trump rallies.
They never detail the positives that the Trump admin. has brought.
More likely, the media here will focus on Trump's latest brash tweet.

As such, the NPC Clowns simply go along with their implied TDS.
Made all the easier by any & all folk who have underlying envy &/or jealousy of Trump due to his style, swagger & status.
People are calling for the consorship of Tucker Carlson over here. The situation is so bad, that Germans are offended by dissenting views in other countries. There is no mainstream person, noone on TV and since last year almost noone on YT that is conservative. For that reason they are searching for them in the US.

Funny thing is that I thought AUS was different, I even thought of moving to AUS. I thought you could still be a conservative there and don't have to bother with low IQ "diversity". Since Corona I am so blackpilled on AUS.

I was originally going to post this on the "Resisting Coronavirus Laws" thread, but this event I went to was more a Trump rally than a protest. There was a crowd of at least several hundred people in Beverly Hills and even marched through the streets on Rodeo and Beverly. Normies were BTFO!

(Yes, I am still critical of DJT and concerned he will use the military to force vaccines. But I sympathize with his supporters more than his haters any day of the week)

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Trump Says He Won't Force Americans To Take COVID-19 Vaccine
It's not every day that President Trump outflanks his progressive critics on the issue of 'consent'.

But according to some recent comments from the president, skeptics worried about the prospect of mandatory vaccination orders in the US and in the UK have rallied to voice their opposition.

But if President Trump is reelected, Americans who are concerned about what some 'experts' have characterized as a 'rushed' approval process for the COVID-19 vaccine won't need to worry about being forced to accept the vaccine and vaccinate their children. Because President Trump says he will not issue a mandate requiring that individuals receive the coronavirus vaccine once one becomes widely available.

While Trump claimed that "essential workers" and "older people" would take priority, the president made a brief detour detour during the interview with Fox's Stuart Varney that he won't require vaccinations because "some people feel very strongly" about the issue, Trump said.

Bill Gates, who insists that everyone - all 7+ billion humans on the planet - must be vaccinated to completely stamp out the virus and reduce its incidence to "zero".

"I don’t believe I’d ever do a mandated vaccine,” the president told Fox’s Stuart Varney. “I just don’t think I would do that, where you have to have it, because there are some people who feel very strong about that whole situation," Trump said.

Polls suggest roughly 50% of Americans would decline to take a COVID-19 vaccine, regardless of the developer, due to concerns about the approval process, which Bill Gates himself once denounced as potentially corrupt, blaming President Trump's insistence on approving a vaccine before election day.

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Trump Says He Won't Force Americans To Take COVID-19 Vaccine

Who has jurisdiction over employment in the USA?

If certain States (California) pass laws to mandate vaccines for all who are employed in the State, is that something a State can do?

Trump won't mandate it but I am making a guess that some States will attempt to do so.