The Donald Trump thread

durangotang

Pelican
So we don't get to have elections and now we don't get to have access to legal representation. The left is really going all in on torching the remnants of the rule of law.
They would treat us the exact same way that they treated the Russians in their revolution, if they could. They would gladly starve you, place you in a reeducation camp, or line you up against the wall and shoot you.

Fortunately, we have the 2nd amendment here.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Castelnau

Woodpecker
He further described in a fresh interview with Defense One that when in December 2018 President Trump ordered a full and immediate Syria withdrawal, he and his team successfully stymied the efforts to get the US military out of Syria.

Here's what he told Defense One:

"We were always playing shell games to not make clear to our leadership how many troops we had there," Jeffrey said in an interview. The actual number of troops in northeast Syria is "a lot more than" the roughly two hundred troops Trump initially agreed to leave there in 2019.

And they're bragging about this openly.

paninaro

Kingfisher
So we don't get to have elections and now we don't get to have access to legal representation. The left is really going all in on torching the remnants of the rule of law.

In DC, 1 in every 12 (!) residents is a lawyer. No need for that crappy firm who quit -- plenty of other lawyers out there. Any firm that quits on their client half-way through the process is not a firm I'd want to represent me anyway.

Castelnau

Woodpecker

I watched about 3/4 of the movie. The problem I found was that its very inside-baseball. You have to be redpilled on Trump, know the basic story of the firing of Michael Flynn and it has such a laser focus on the Michael Flynn firing it can get boring if you wanted just a broad view of the deep state sabotage of Trump. It would be like a Michael Jordan documentary that focuses only on his gambling. The Deep State sabotaged Trump in a number of ways of which the most prominent might have been taking out Flynn.

Also there's no main narrator so it's even harder to follow. I can't imagine some neutral viewer who hasn't follow the Trump story for 4 years being able to understand any of this.

EndlessGravity

Kingfisher
What is Trump waiting for regarding Haspel and Wray?

Fire their asses.

This is the thing I can't figure out about Trump. He recently said he couldn't fire Fauci because the PR around it would be worse than if he just kept him, despite what has slowly begun to look like Fauci's outright sabotage.

Okay, fine. That's understandable. However, does this apply to...the entire swamp? Why doesn't he fire more people who actively work against him?

This is an earnest question.

Castelnau

Woodpecker

Why is he doing this? I don't mind pandering to different groups but what did Indians do to deserve this? Indians overwhelmingly voted Democrat, Modi and the country of India hasn't done jack for Trump or America. We know he has to do it for Jews and Israel but India? Why is he pandering? Or is he just going to acknowledge every single ethnic holiday in existence from now on?

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member

Why is he doing this? I don't mind pandering to different groups but what did Indians do to deserve this? Indians overwhelmingly voted Democrat, Modi and the country of India hasn't done jack for Trump or America. We know he has to do it for Jews and Israel but India? Why is he pandering? Or is he just going to acknowledge every single ethnic holiday in existence from now on?

Don't shoot the messenger, but for what it's worth Trump owns four large, luxury high rise residential properties in India (Mumbai, Delhi, Calcutta & Pune). Probably makes for a good photo-op for the elite in India to see.

rainy

Woodpecker

Did they?

I live in an area with a heavy Indian population and most I've spoken with love Trump.

They remind me of Asians. More conservative values and stress the importance of family and education. But unlike Asians they're also pretty religious. At least where I am. Lots of Indian orthodox churches.

Castelnau

Woodpecker
Did they?

I live in an area with a heavy Indian population and most I've spoken with love Trump.

They remind me of Asians. More conservative values and stress the importance of family and education. But unlike Asians they're also pretty religious. At least where I am. Lots of Indian orthodox churches.

72% of registered Indian American voters plan to vote for Biden: survey​

In 2016, more than 80 percent of Indian Americans voted for Trump’s 2016 opponent, Hillary Clinton, according to polling by the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund.

Indian Americans plan to overwhelmingly vote in favour of former Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Kamala Harris, according to a new survey published on Wednesday on the voting pattern of the community.

The survey, from polling and analytics firm YouGov, claimed that 72% of Indian-American voters who were polled are looking to vote for Biden,

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member

Who cares. It's a little softball no different then wishing Chinese happy new year. I see nothing wrong when leaders acknowledge these types of things. You also have to be mindful of strategic movements as well.

Indians are like playdough and you can mold them to your liking as they move in pacts and groups. The lion's share as economic focused business owners will naturally drift to the right with time. Indians love all the lefty policies until they have to pay for them.

rainy

Woodpecker

72% of registered Indian American voters plan to vote for Biden: survey​

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
You trust pre-election polls?

My guess is like so many others, they wouldn't admit to a pollster they would vote Trump.

lskdfjldsf

Kingfisher
Gold Member
He's not pandering to Indians, he's pandering to Whites. Same with the incessant salivating over every other shade of brown.

White Americans are the only group that wants a "president for all" rather than a "president for us". Think of the suburban soccer mom types who seek out lily-white neighborhoods to live in and send their kids to private schools to escape diversity, yet put BLM signs in their yards. They know the score subconsciously, but are conditioned to the point minority pandering resonates more strongly and positively with them than it does the actual minority group.

Don't blame Trump for needing to do this, blame the sad state of gullible, naive, hyper-moral Whites who view Trump more positively the more he panders ("he's not a racist, how brave!"). Trump isn't stupid, he knows the needle for Indians and Jews and Blacks will barely move.