The Donald Trump thread

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Cool. Now do vaccine mandates.

From here on out I'm just going to go ahead and put doomers and gloomers on ignore. These kinds of snarky answers serve no purpose but to stroke the doomers and gloomers egos. They can't begin to fathom that someone could be wrong on a topic and still be worth supporting for other reasons. A class action lawsuit against big tech is huge, far more likely to stop this vaccination mandate nonsense as big tech (and the media which are nearly one and the same at this point) are the biggest threat to our freedoms at this point.

tXrheveV.jpeg

EndlessGravity

Pelican
Protestant

Don't let Hawley fool you. He's a fake and a war monger himself.

From 2005.

Taking these and other lessons to heart, Democrat Joe Biden has proposed a skeletal blueprint for moving forward in Iraq. Leaving aside self-defeating talk of an "exit strategy"--an easy, empty phrase that as commentator William Kristol pointed out, usually signals an absence of serious reflection--Biden wrote this past Saturday of a victory strategy. He urged the Administration to announce a timetable, complete with specific dates and goals, for training Iraqi forces.

Whatever one makes of these specific proposals, the time has come for the President to announce a clear, coherent and quantifiable strategy for moving forward in Iraq. The question should not be, When do we get to leave? But instead, How are we going to win? But unless the Administration does something quickly to answer that second question, they'll have no choice but to answer the first, sooner rather than later.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
We all wanted blood after 9/11, to hear guys now saying “I knew this would happen 20 years ago” is comedic.

Maybe Iraq because the whole WMD thing didn’t even make any sense and there were no terrorists from Iraq it was a stable country Saddam ran it well and hated the radicals so I could see that one. He was the only leader in the Middle East that didn’t mix crazy religion with politics.

But for all the people coming out now saying they knew what the deal was about Afghanistan for Internet clout….yea nice try.

Last edited:

BiggNastee

Kingfisher
We all wanted blood after 9/11, to hear guys now saying “I knew this would happen 20 years ago” is comedic.

Maybe Iraq because the whole WMD thing didn’t even make any sense and there were no terrorists from Iraq it was a stable country Saddam ran it well and hated the radicals I could see that. He was the only leader in the Middle East that didn’t mix crazy religion with politics.

But for all the people coming out now saying they knew what the deal was about Afghanistan for Internet clout….yea nice try.
I won't say I knew anything. I was 10 when 911 happened but I will always distinctly remember wondering why we were invading Afghanistan when the perpetrators were Saudis.

Caduceus

Pelican
Sorry, but i knew something stank to high heaven about the attacks on 11 September 2001 from the first week they happened.

The following was totally clear from the first 7 days after the attack if you were following the news and had a critical mind.

-The concept that 4 different seperate airplanes could all be successfully hijacked by terrorists armed with nothing but box cutters, and with no resistance from airline staff or passengers, was (and still is) ridiculous.

-The concept that all the foreign hijackers (who had never flown the types of planes they had hijacked) had flying skills on the same level (or better) than trained pilots with 20 years flying experience. (The plane that supposedly hit the side of the pentagon head on, flying at a height of something like 20 to 60 feet off the ground totally straight, instead of hitting it from above, and at an angle, being the most amazing)

-The fact that 2 towers with reinforced steel both collapsed in perfect pancake formation with nothing but burning jet fuel.

-The lack of any video evidence that an actual real airplane hit the pentagon. (To this day there is still no video where u can CLEARLY see an airplane hit the pentagon)

-The lack of any real debris of the 4th plane that supposedly crashed into the field in Pennsylvania. (One of the only plane crash sites ever where u see no seats, no wings, no engines, no fuselage, no wheels, no baggage and no bodies)

-The fact that osama bin laden (or the terrorist group "al qaeda") never publicly claimed credit for the attacks.

All the above was already crystal clear in the first 7 days after the attacks if you were paying attention.

Last edited:

EndlessGravity

Pelican
Protestant
It was a different world in 2005. I was a warmonger too that soon after 9/11 2001. I like to think alot of us learned some lessons since then.

Josh Hawley's tweet from today was right on though.
People forget, everyone drank the GWOT coolaid under Bush. Nearly everyone at least.

With all due respect, no, they didn't and if you supported it you should be especially skeptical of yourself. You may today see you've been proven wrong about your earlier opinions but that's the easiest thing in the world now... nearly EVERYONE says that because it's become a tragic mess. It's socially acceptable.

It's likely after such a short time that anyone who has truly seen the error of their ways remains gullible and/or not fully informed. See the topic were taking about as evidence: if you think Hawley is a real person...the gullibility is off the charts. He's a complete fake. He is totally synthetic.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
With all due respect, no, they didn't and if you supported it you should be especially skeptical of yourself. You may today see you've been proven wrong about your earlier opinions but that's the easiest thing in the world now... nearly EVERYONE says that because it's become a tragic mess. It's socially acceptable.

It's likely after such a short time that anyone who has truly seen the error of their ways remains gullible and/or not fully informed. See the topic were taking about as evidence: if you think Hawley is a real person...the gullibility is off the charts. He's a complete fake. He is totally synthetic.
I can't help but be reminded of Trevor Moore's political ad skit from at least 11 years ago where he essentially plays Josh Hawley.

Everything is spot on, from the family to only recently moving to the state he represents, minus the military service. (I cannot speak to whether Mr. Hawley is a sociopathic narcissist.)

C-Note

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
I have mainly teleworked over the past year or so. But, the last couple of months I've had to go into my office in the downtown area of my pozzed liberal city a couple of times. As you're aware, Big Brother Biden has mandated masks on all municipal public transportation systems across the US, and I use public transportation.

I've ignored the mask mandate on occasion, but for the most part I've put on a mask, because I enjoy wearing my "Trump 2024: Get America Back" mask in the downtown area of my city and seeing how the NPCs react to it. The TDS is not as strong as it was when Trump was president, but it still gets a fairly noticeable reaction when I wear it.

The other day I was on the subway wearing the mask when a young, black, dreadlocked man in revolutionary clothes got on the train. He did a double-take when he saw my mask, then studied it carefully. He tried to make eye contact, but I kept my focus into the distance, intending not to cause a confrontation unless he really wanted it. He chose not to, and went and sat nearby and without saying anything. I knew he wouldn't do anything unless I initiated an interaction, because those guys never start something unless they're with a group.

The interesting thing is that I've worn the mask into some situations in which I'm completely surrounded by liberal-looking white and black people, and they don't say anything. Their eyes open wide when they see the mask, and they stare, but that's it. It helps to be somewhat jacked and confident, but I think that's not the whole story.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Orthodox

Seeing the twin towers fall live on tv did indeed solidify support among a majority of the nations populous. Including me watching it live in the 6th grade on my social studies class when the class teacher put the news live on tv.
Being the son of a small business owner in rural TX, we all bought into it. later going to college then joining the Marines at the height of The Surge i can say I didn't see through the BS then...and it took me living through it to see it for it's totality.

So yeah there was a lot of planned exploitation of people's emotions. I agree. Never thought that we shoudl be in afg/irq for any length of time. Just saying that i can give a certain leeway to folks who in 2001-2008 who might have been drawn in to the GWOT justification.

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
-The concept that all the foreign hijackers (who had never flown the types of planes they had hijacked) had flying skills on the same level (or better) than trained pilots with 20 years flying experience. (The plane that supposedly hit the side of the pentagon head on, flying at a height of something like 20 to 60 feet off the ground totally straight, instead of hitting it from above, and at an angle, being the most amazing)

Don’t forget the perfect 270 degree spiraling descent from 30,000+ feet over the pentagon that the 757 did before doing the tree top height flight path. Also the shoddy security camera footage (only 3-4 frames) that was only released after many people raised questions.

Additionally, something that a lot of people don’t realize - it is essentially impossible for an airplane like the 767 to be manually flown into the dead center of a building of wingtip width while flying over the airplanes maximum speed. Probability of success is not appreciably increased with flight experience, but the fact that this was successfully done TWICE in a row by cave dwellers should….raise questions.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

trump-homes-1.jpg
trump-home-maine.jpg

Why Trump signs are mushrooming across the US a year after 2020 election​

When Drew and Marlene Proctor left their Jersey Shore, Pa., home to take their three-week trip across the back roads of the country for their honeymoon, they relished different sightings all along their journey.

But one thing remained constant no matter what state, city, town or village they passed through, Drew said, “and that was the amount of Trump signs we saw everywhere.”

“And I mean everywhere,” he added for emphasis. “They were in wealthy suburban neighborhoods, blue-collar middle class towns. You would see them in farm fields and painted on the sides of businesses. Most of them were either large flags, although plenty of them were hand-painted homemade signs too.”

In total, the couple traveled through 12 states and logged more than 5,000 miles on their sojourn. I spoke with both Proctors last month as they sat outside a diner, enjoying a burger near Mt. Rushmore in Keystone, SD. As if on cue, a motorcyclist drove by with a Trump flag billowing out the back.

Drew, 47, said people who didn’t vote for Trump and regularly fly over these states might be surprised or even shocked by the show of support for the former president who lost to Joe Biden last fall.

Worse, he said, they might mistake the display as cultish.

“Those assumptions would be wrong,” said Drew, who is a service manager for a European industrial machining company.

“The 2016 presidential election was not about Donald Trump. If people took the time to listen, it was about the dissatisfaction with the establishments of both parties, and I will tell you that was brewing long before he stepped on that escalator in 2015.”

Marlene, a 43-year-old ER clinician supervisor, nodded.

“Trump was the consequence of people’s sentiments, he was not the cause.”

Strategists and reporters often dismiss political signs as an unreliable way to gauge enthusiasm for a candidate. Back in 2016, as Trump signs abounded across America, experts insisted that polls predicting a Hillary Clinton victory were a better indicator of the result. And yet the Democrat lost to the unconventional Republican in a massive upset.

“Putting those signs up was their way of saying this is the new resistance,” said Youngstown State University political scientist Paul Sracic. “We saw them in places that historically supported Democrats, like here in Trumbull and Mahoning counties, two of the bluest counties in Ohio, as well as blue counties in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.”

That the signs are popping up again in these same places today “shows the transition from blue to red is permanent,” Sracic said.

In 2020, Trump signs were even more dominant across that US than they were in 2016. And though he lost his bid for re-election, polls that predicted a drubbing were wrong again. Instead, Trump suffered a narrow defeat in a squeaker election.

One year later, voters are still showing their support with the only means they have at their disposal — Trump signs that declare they aren’t going anywhere and their passion remains intense.

“A Trump sign symbolizes a rejection of the status quo. It is also aspirational, a reminder that we were all part of something bigger than ourselves, bigger than one man, and we are still here,” said Drew, adding that both he and Marlene voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020.

The Proctors’ observations mirror my own. After traveling thousands of miles from my home in Western Pennsylvania to Montana and all parts in between this summer, I saw Trump signs everywhere.

Whether I was on a gravel road just outside of Hannibal, Miss., or a dirt track in West Yellowstone, Mont., or on a neatly paved tree-lined neighborhood in suburban St. Louis, there were an abundance of signs and flags supporting the ex-president.

When I asked people why they were still putting their pro-Trump feelings on display, they all echoed the Proctors’ sentiments: It wasn’t about him, it was about them. It wasn’t about being unable to let go of his loss or their refusal to accept Biden as their president. It wasn’t about being “left” or “right” either. Rather, it was about insiders versus outsiders — with Trump supporters most definitely feeling like the outsiders.

And, with the midterm elections coming up next year, the Democratic Party should be concerned.

Because, even after Trump’s shocking win in 2016, the insiders on the coasts, who dominate the nation’s culture and media, still don’t understand the people who voted for him.

“And that is OK I guess,” Drew said. “They will, I suppose, understand when the next election happens. There is a pretty good chance they may end up being surprised by the results.”