The Donald Trump thread

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I voted in person in my state's local elections last weekend. They opened early voting at the county government center. My state is Democratic-controlled so they require masks in all government offices. I wore my "Trump 2024: Get America Back" mask. Most of the election workers in my county are Democrats so it was fun, as usual, seeing their reactions to the mask. Most of them would grimace and make a visible effort to project a neutral demeanor. I got some nervous side-eye from the Democratic voters in the room (you can tell who they are because the "voting guides" they hand out in front of the building are blue for Democrats and red for Republicans). As I was depositing my ballot, and older Vietnamese lady election officer leaned towards me and whispered, "Love your mask!"

LoveBug

Kingfisher
If he runs in 2024, it'll all only be for a cash grab... and yes, he'll lose again and bank on the sympathy of his cult.

To set the record - I voted for this man in 2016 and 2020, spent my hard earned cash on merchandise and plenty of my personal time defending his words and actions.

Boy do I feel like an idiot.

He couldn't be further to the right without leaving the mainstream, and the ability to actually win. Who is he running against?

Redcrosse

Woodpecker
I didn't even watch. Don't really care to, honestly.

Of course he's going to run. He won't win but he'll run alright and it'll just cause even more division and chaos than there already is in the social fabric for a meaningless election because they'll just rig it anyway. He had his chance and while he did a lot of good things when he was president, he ultimately didn't come through. Not all of that was his fault of course but he bears responsibility, that's what you do when you're in a position such as the leader of the (supposed) free world. You know you're going to have a big target on your back when you take on a position like that so you don't do things like involve your family in presidential affairs, because they will get threatened and very likely killed if you're not careful.

Don't put faith in men.. and don't hold out hope for narratives/psyops. Especially ones like QAnon. In my own ignorance and I guess youthful hopefulness I held out hope that rubicons would be crossed and arrests would be made.. Things didn't turn out so well in that regard but I learned from it. Even more so from being on here.
This might sound weird, but I honestly think Trump had no idea how awful the system was. I think he honestly thought he could Art of the Deal his way to success. He would make deals and change things. For that reason, he had no intention of becoming a martyr because he never thought he would ever be at that level of danger. He’s not a courageous man, and he never imagined that level of courage and testicular fortitude would be needed, because he thought the only true Mount Everest he’d have to climb would be winning the election. Then he discovered to his shock that his troubles were just beginning, and that the highest echelons of power are swarming with unredeemable psychopaths who will do anything, destroy anything, and kill anyone to hang on to power.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
This might sound weird, but I honestly think Trump had no idea how awful the system was. I think he honestly thought he could Art of the Deal his way to success. He would make deals and change things. For that reason, he had no intention of becoming a martyr because he never thought he would ever be at that level of danger. He’s not a courageous man, and he never imagined that level of courage and testicular fortitude would be needed, because he thought the only true Mount Everest he’d have to climb would be winning the election. Then he discovered to his shock that his troubles were just beginning, and that the highest echelons of power are swarming with unredeemable psychopaths who will do anything, destroy anything, and kill anyone to hang on to power.
Pretty much.

He thought, wrongly of course, that his business acumen would translate to governmental abilities. Sadly he forgot that if the US government were a business it'd be bankrupt and liquidated.

dicknixon72

Pelican

I've said it before that he approached this with a gilded 1950s view of politics, that if he rode this wave of populism into office he could use his negotiating skills and earnest love of an idea America to win over antagonists and triumph Mr. Trump Goes To Washington-style. He didn't realize how rotten this country really is.

He also listened to his (((son-in-law))) waaaay too much.

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
Pretty much.

He thought, wrongly of course, that his business acumen would translate to governmental abilities. Sadly he forgot that if the US government were a business it'd be bankrupt and liquidated.
Which is a shame because the economy was starting to pick up steam until the plandemic. He needed people who wanted to uproot the left, and he had them until he fired them in order to appease his ego and the people who really ran his admin.

For all his talk about being unpredictable to his enemies, his ego made him very predictable and easy to manipulate to the enemies within.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Which is a shame because the economy was starting to pick up steam until the plandemic. He needed people who wanted to uproot the left, and he had them until he fired them in order to appease his ego and the people who really ran his admin.

For all his talk about being unpredictable to his enemies, his ego made him very predictable and easy to manipulate to the enemies within.
Hence the ego pull for " operation warp speed"

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
We could have a 5,000 page thread on the problems with DJT.
But another huge one to add-- he didn't lead the entire country. He just repeatedly played to his "base." That isn't the action of a leader, but a narcicist.

Adolf Hitler would have had all the pink pussy hat women dressed in lederhosen and sig heiling his agenda furiously. A leader leads; a comedian delivers lines for a response.

My parents generation was part of the civil rights era. Those pictures of "racists" from the 60s and woke antiracists today are essentially the same people. Just the propaganda is different. Governing is, to quote W Bush, about "catapulting the propaganda."

The weird thing is the guy was never a Republican anyway, but chose to strongly identify as one for the last 4 years (while wrecking the traditional GOP in the process). Had he appointed some Ron Paul, Tulsi Gabbard, Thomas Massie types and created a new non-GOP non-Democrat type of populist government, he would ironically have all the popularity he could stand. Give people something to believe in, besides "we are gonna win huge" and vague platitudes. Base it on the church, morality, common sense, and you would be the most wildly popular politician in the world.

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
^^^^^

Oh man, saying Trump should have been like Adolf Hitler. Now that's some peak clown world!

4UCWpSpB.jpeg

0IhqEveo.jpeg

HqQl99ua.jpeg

Garuda

Kingfisher
So Mike Pence went to the fourth Budapest Demographic Summit and gave a speech.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyl...urts-summits-f135330d4d7cd945ce90e279725f4d21

Former U.S. Vice President Mike Pence said Thursday that he is hopeful the new conservative majority on the Supreme Court created during his and President Donald Trump’s administration will soon overturn abortion rights in the United States.

Pence spoke at a forum devoted to demographics and family values in Budapest, Hungary, where conservative leaders from central Europe expressed their anxieties about falling birthrates in the Western world and discussed ways to reverse the trend.

“We see a crisis that brings us here today, a crisis that strikes at the very heart of civilization itself. The erosion of the nuclear family marked by declining marriage rates, rising divorce, widespread abortion and plummeting birth rates,” Pence said.

E_2ITEaUcAUyqRJ.jpg

FAJf9RTX0AE1fA4.jpg

Here is Pence with Milorad Dodik, who was sanctioned by the US Treasury in 2017 for obstruction of the Dayton Accords as he is leading the effort to breakup Bosnia.

FAL9NlLVQAEWbDb.jpg

Even though that happened, he did not blame Trump and called on all Serbian Americans to vote Republican in 2018.

https://balkaninsight.com/2018/11/0...erb-in-us-to-vote-for-republicans-11-06-2018/

The hardline leader of the Bosnian Serbs, Milorad Dodik, has called on Serbs who are living in the US to vote for candidates who are supported by President Donald Trump at the mid-term elections on Tuesday.

“As the US president told the UN General Assembly recently, the US rejects the ideology of globalism and supports the doctrine of patriotism all over the world. These are the values which we [Serbs] share as well,” Dodik told media on Monday.

Dodik has consistently backed Trump, hoping that the US president will rescind sanctions imposed on him by the US Treasury in early 2017. Dodik has said that the sanctions were the work of Barack Obama’s administration.

Sword and Board

Kingfisher
I strongly suspected Trump was going to fail us when he accosted one of his supporters in a maga cap on his campaign trail for suggesting to pull funding from Israel and stop fighting their wars.

When he didn’t drain the swamp and actually brought in more (((swamp creatures))) to his cabinet and kissed the Israeli mystical wall in submission like all the presidents before him all but confirmed it.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
A long time advisor/assistant/campaign employee of Trump's who we've discussed a number of times in this thread is being formally put at a distance because of sexual harassment allegations:

Normally I would suspect a Democratic hit operation, but he has been accused of harassment before. Joy Villa accused him of something similar in 2017:

The thing is, if you attend political events for donors and party insiders (not Trump rallies) you can observe (I have) that there's a moderately sexualized atmosphere to them, as there would be with most kinds of parties serving alcohol and with an even mix of men and women. Democratic events have more of this atmosphere than Republicans, but the latter does have some of it, and I wonder if he got into it a little too aggressively?

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I strongly suspected Trump was going to fail us when he accosted one of his supporters in a maga cap on his campaign trail for suggesting to pull funding from Israel and stop fighting their wars.

When he didn’t drain the swamp and actually brought in more (((swamp creatures))) to his cabinet and kissed the Israeli mystical wall in submission like all the presidents before him all but confirmed it.
That he was (is) a zionist puppet was obvious from the beginning. When he bombed Syria that was confirmed for me without any doubt. However I still held out hope. It was naive but it's not like there was another/better option. And it was fun to see the liberals lose their minds. In hindsight maybe that wasn't a good thing though because look where it's got us now. They are so far gone I don't think this country will ever recover.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
That he was (is) a zionist puppet was obvious from the beginning. When he bombed Syria that was confirmed for me without any doubt. However I still held out hope. It was naive but it's not like there was another/better option. And it was fun to see the liberals lose their minds. In hindsight maybe that wasn't a good thing though because look where it's got us now. They are so far gone I don't think this country will ever recover.
Its really quite simple... Trump is a boomer. He harbors ideas that boomers share.

But he moved the Overton Window toward populism.

For that he is good.

To pretend 1 election and 1 candidate would have stopped the rot that is our bureaucracy is naive though many of us wished it were so.

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Its really quite simple... Trump is a boomer. He harbors ideas that boomers share.

But he moved the Overton Window toward populism.

For that he is good.

To pretend 1 election and 1 candidate would have stopped the rot that is our bureaucracy is naive though many of us wished it were so.
It's funny though because in many ways he isn't even that conservative. Things have gone so far left that he appeared like some kind of radical (and the media helped to amplify this).

And it was fun to see the liberals lose their minds. In hindsight maybe that wasn't a good thing though because look where it's got us now.
No it was worth it.

If he does run in 2024 I wouldn't vote for him. If all he is is 95% democrat (conservatism is liberalism with brakes) no thanks.

SJWs lie, project, and double down. The real dictator is Biden with his vax mandates. Having Trump was great for morale and it did buy us time but he's not our saviour.

Last edited: