The E. Michael Jones thread

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Enjoyed this talk of E. Michael Jones at the Trad Forum.

Sitting Bull

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
E. Michael Jones' views on usury are interesting, however, whenever he opens his mouth on Protestants he sounds like an idiot.

Please elaborate (if you dare ...) Which claim by EMJ about Protestants made you angry ?
My guess would be "The English Reformation was nothing but a looting operation". It's an all-time favorite.
You'd have trouble finding a rational basis for your anger though.

rvco

Banned
Please elaborate (if you dare ...) Which claim by EMJ about Protestants made you angry ?
My guess would be "The English Reformation was nothing but a looting operation". It's an all-time favorite.
You'd have trouble finding a rational basis for your anger though.
The idea that the Protestant Reformation was a looting operation is a load of pure nonsense. The idea that Henry VIII choosing to break communion only to then seize wealth that was held jointly by the English RCC and the crown is not necessarily out of desire to plunder it for private profit, but rather to redistribute it to the newly established church, something well within his rights as monarch with an established religion. This isn't looting. Looting implies something like the Viking sack of Lindisfarne with the slaughter and the private enrichment involved.

Another claim he makes is this idea that the Protestant Reformation was orchestrated by Jews rather than by the overbearing attitude of the Catholic Church with regards to the sale of indulgences. That's so hilariously false given Luther's very vicious views on Jews. If he'd be a Jewish puppet, he'd never have expressed these views. It's almost as if Jones is butthurt his dear Church is an authoritarian, flawed institution that incites rage whenever it tries to assert its temporal dominance unbiblically.

I assume you're one of these characters that likes to lecture Protestants about how their theology is wrong with a bit of pretentious condescension. Kind of like your last sentence. Don't think I can't detect it.

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
The idea that the Protestant Reformation was a looting operation is a load of pure nonsense. The idea that Henry VIII choosing to break communion only to then seize wealth that was held jointly by the English RCC and the crown is not necessarily out of desire to plunder it for private profit, but rather to redistribute it to the newly established church, something well within his rights as monarch with an established religion. This isn't looting. Looting implies something like the Viking sack of Lindisfarne with the slaughter and the private enrichment involved.

Another claim he makes is this idea that the Protestant Reformation was orchestrated by Jews rather than by the overbearing attitude of the Catholic Church with regards to the sale of indulgences. That's so hilariously false given Luther's very vicious views on Jews. If he'd be a Jewish puppet, he'd never have expressed these views. It's almost as if Jones is butthurt his dear Church is an authoritarian, flawed institution that incites rage whenever it tries to assert its temporal dominance unbiblically.

I assume you're one of these characters that likes to lecture Protestants about how their theology is wrong with a bit of pretentious condescension. Kind of like your last sentence. Don't think I can't detect it.
Protestant theology is wrong, imo.

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
Why exactly? I am eager to address any criticisms you might have.
Too extensive to begin at this time.

Coles notes: essentially the main criticisms EMJ makes and articulates better than I am able to at present. The life and habits of Luther, the embracing of globo homo and female clergy, etc.

I will address in another thread.

Trewolla

Woodpecker
Protestant

Sitting Bull

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
seize wealth that was held jointly by the English RCC and the crown
Church property was not "jointly held" by the Church and the Crown (and even if it had been, Henry VIII would have had no right to unilaterally claim it for himself and his clique of friends).

something well within his rights as monarch with an established religion.

A new religion, established ... by him.

the slaughter and the private enrichment involved.
If you believe that the English Reformation did not involve "slaughter" or "private enrichment", then you are very unfamiliar not only with Reformation history, but also with the history of the expansion of globalism, which continues to this day.

This isn't looting. Looting implies something like the Viking sack of Lindisfarne

Well, at least the Vikings did not claim to hold sacred the things they destroyed or the people they enslaved, unlike the English Reformers, those nominal Christians who started enslaving their fellow countrymen and fellow Christians, and whose lust for gold made them loot Church property to extract precious metals, for exemple tearing books to extract the gold (the French revolutionaries did the same, but at least they had the frankness to call themselves enemies of the Christian religion).

darknavigator

Robin
Catholic
@ rvco

"That's so hilariously false given Luther's very vicious views on Jews. If he'd be a Jewish puppet, he'd never have expressed these views"

Luther believed that the Catholic Church was responsible for the Jews refusing to convert to Christianity en masse. After his 'Reformation' the Jews still wouldn't convert and this drove Luther nuts. This is why he wrote his book 'On the Jews and their Lies' and then spent the last years of his life railing against them from the pulpit.

OrangeCrusader

Pigeon
Protestant
Church property was not "jointly held" by the Church and the Crown (and even if it had been, Henry VIII would have had no right to unilaterally claim it for himself and his clique of friends).

If you believe that the English Reformation did not involve "slaughter" or "private enrichment", then you are very unfamiliar not only with Reformation history, but also with the history of the expansion of globalism, which continues to this day.

Well, at least the Vikings did not claim to hold sacred the things they destroyed or the people they enslaved, unlike the English Reformers, those nominal Christians who started enslaving their fellow countrymen and fellow Christians, and whose lust for gold made them loot Church property to extract precious metals, for exemple tearing books to extract the gold (the French revolutionaries did the same, but at least they had the frankness to call themselves enemies of the Christian religion).
Who cares really, the Catholic Church looted and extorted much of the wealth in the first place many times under false pretences. Wealth that should have been distributed to the poor had they been following Jesus's example. Protestantism worked relatively well for centuries, with a theology in closer accordance with the Bible. Catholicism's precedents and centralisation of authority have made it harder to subvert its theology, but as the current pope demonstrates it is now being subverted by the left and the globalists very rapidly and in 50 years will likely be much worse than many protestant churches. Eastern Orthodoxy will likely prove the most resistant, but ultimately all churches all flawed man made constructs. Not till Jesus returns will there be a perfect church.

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I don't believe that every Protestant wants to be his own Pope. I just think that most Protestants don't want to risk having a pope who equates the participants of the George Floyd riots with the Good Samaritan.

Become Orthodox and all your problems will be solved. And this is a Catholic speaking. I abhor Francis as much as you.

Cleotis

Banned
Orthodox Inquirer

Indeed. The traditional Protestant narrative of British Reformation was that it was beneficial and allowed the nation to throw of the shackles of the superstition that it had been held under by Roman Catholicism. The book A History of the Protestant Reformation in England and Ireland is essential reading for anyone wishing to find out about a different viewpoint of the Protestant “reformation” that swept through the British Isles nearly 500 years ago. Written in the 1830s by William Cobbett, an English Protestant, it demonstrates that rather than being something supported by the entire population it was in fact an event that caused great distress, tension and even bloodshed. It demolishes many preconceived notions of the reformation and thoroughly explains how rather than liberating the people this act “impoverished and degraded the main body of the people.”

Last edited:

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
Can somebody say - if you go into a regular book store in the USA, can you purchase books from E. Michael Jones or is he some kind of truly underground figure?

I'm interested in having a bit of a read not sure where I will start or if I will have the patience (may be too academic for me, I have my limits..)

Just working out how to get one in Europe without too much fuss so asking you readers of this thread how his literature is generally received in America.

Ember

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
Can somebody say - if you go into a regular book store in the USA, can you purchase books from E. Michael Jones or is he some kind of truly underground figure?

I'm interested in having a bit of a read not sure where I will start or if I will have the patience (may be too academic for me, I have my limits..)

Just working out how to get one in Europe without too much fuss so asking you readers of this thread how his literature is generally received in America.
The only way is to order direct from Culture Wars, and pay a huge postage fee, AFAIK. Unless you can find a second hand copy on a site like bookfinder.com

Mountaineer

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member

Look for a translated version of his book in the target country if you understand the language. I was able to pick up Libido Dominandi in Polish for 15 bucks. Barren Metal was expensive as hell to get hold of. The most expensive book I've ever bought. Still worth it.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
What if you’re 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Swedish, and 1/4 Swiss German? What then? According to EMJ, a sub-saharan African who moves to Poland and becomes Catholic is fully Polish. A full-blooded Somalian could move to Ireland and would then be a full-fledged “Irishman”, for example.

EMJ's point is correct, in small enough numbers, certain Africans can actually be integrated into Polish society.