The energy crunch is going to impact you and your family

Jive Turkey

Woodpecker
They are prepping us for another false flag. I saw an article about how "scientists" are predicting a "solar flare" any time now. And that the solar flare particles will be able to hit the internet cables on the ocean floor (calling BS on that one big time) and that it will destroy the internet infrastructure. So in order to prevent this, we may need to periodically shut down the internet while these "storms" are underway, so that they infrastructure doesn't get cooked. I guess the logic is similar to that you can drop your phone in water if it is turned off and you dry it out completely before turning it back on.

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
They are prepping us for another false flag. I saw an article about how "scientists" are predicting a "solar flare" any time now. And that the solar flare particles will be able to hit the internet cables on the ocean floor (calling BS on that one big time) and that it will destroy the internet infrastructure. So in order to prevent this, we may need to periodically shut down the internet while these "storms" are underway, so that they infrastructure doesn't get cooked. I guess the logic is similar to that you can drop your phone in water if it is turned off and you dry it out completely before turning it back on.
That's interesting considering water is one of the best possible materials to absorb/shield from radiation. :)

We know from the nuclear power industry that spent fuel storage pools are pretty safe places to be around, radiation-wise. They're actually safe to swim in, to a point, because they're serviced routinely by human divers. They just can't get too close to the spent fuel.

We use these pools for short-term storage because water is a really good radiation shield. How good? Well, according to a report on the topic prepared for the DoE back in 1977, a layer of water 7 centimeters thick reduces the ionizing radiation (rays and particles) transmitted through it by half (the remainder is captured or moderated to non-ionizing energy levels, mainly heat). Freshly discharged nuclear fuel puts out about 100,000 R/hour as measured from one foot away in air (at that rate, certain death is about 5 minutes' exposure and you'd fall into a coma in about 10).

Background ionizing radiation levels on Earth's surface are about .000001 R/hour (1 mSv/hr), while a "safe dose" to live with long-term is about .0004 R/hr. A halving represents about .3 of a power of 10, so in rough terms, to reduce a fresh fuel rod's radioactivity to safe levels, you would need about 2 meters (8/0.3 * 7 / 100), and through more than 2.5m the radioactivity of the fuel rods is indistinguishable from background radiation. In fact, according to the link from the comment, diving about 6 feet down would expose you to less radiation than at the surface of the pool.

Source: https://space.stackexchange.com/que...-be-required-to-provide-radiation-shielding-i

bubs

Sparrow
In the meantime, there continues to be a villainization of individuals to burn wood as a source of energy for their homes. Need profit control by corporations and control of people, having a wood burning stove empowers individuals to have independent control of their energy while at same time the experts claiming that it’s very unhealthy to be around fires and of course a detriment to the climate change. But also you see where many states (NY for one). have laws that disallow full 100% ownership of solar power for one’s homestead, you always have to be tied in to an energy company with your solar panels. Control and profit and take away from individual independence from either corporate or govt big brother. Additionally if they strip ability to be “off grid” it will give future ability of govt to do a cattle call to get all the serfs out of the rural dwellings and back into the overpriced 10x10 living space in a city apt. docked into the metaverse where you can dream of being out in the mountains.

Last edited:

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Total BS on their part. During the Carrington event of the 19th century, they turned off telegraphs and the flare was so powerful they kept operating on residual energy.

MartyMcFly

Woodpecker
Come to think of it, when the rest of the country, and world, turns to crap, the Amish will be fine.
I think the big issue is many people are not prepared. How many Americans could handle no electricity for one month? How many have necessary supplies for an emergency like 1-2 months of canned and dry goods, bottled water, sleeping bags, candles, portable stoves, etc.? It is funny that people lived hundreds of years just fine without electricity and now in many cities, they will loot and go wild if electricity is gone for a few hours. New Orleans, Miami, and NYC come to mind. I fail to see how stealing TV sets, raping women, and shooting at rescue workers will help your odds of surviving but I guess this is because I didn't experience this and I have non-disaster privilege.

The Amish will be fine because they don't rely on this and they trust and will help each other. You make a good point.