The Gab thread

I have recently noticed that before exodus of normies from Twitter and Parler, Gab was much better. Most people were like-minded and had similar views on the topics of differences between ethnicities and races, role of grabblers and potential solutions worldwide.
Now though, the atmosphere is pretty different: you have a lot people cheerleading the greatest ally, and going mad and insulting other users because or racisms and such. Not to mention fans of Q, who for some reason are still waiting, even though it looks like there are fewer of them now.
My only hope is that over time new users will realize that the ideas they are criticizing are now, in fact, correct and will help them see the world without rose-colored glasses of diversity and allyphilia.

Pendleton

Pelican
I have recently noticed that before exodus of normies from Twitter and Parler, Gab was much better. Most people were like-minded and had similar views on the topics of differences between ethnicities and races, role of grabblers and potential solutions worldwide.
Now though, the atmosphere is pretty different: you have a lot people cheerleading the greatest ally, and going mad and insulting other users because or racisms and such. Not to mention fans of Q, who for some reason are still waiting, even though it looks like there are fewer of them now.
My only hope is that over time new users will realize that the ideas they are criticizing are now, in fact, correct and will help them see the world without rose-colored glasses of diversity and allyphilia.
Are there really that many? I have just seen a few cases where the True Conservative types say something stupid, get reposted by someone prominent and are promptly made the target of thousands of negative, mocking comments. I think it is great that Gab provides a place where these sorts of ideas can be held up for ridicule and the TrueCons learn their positions aren't even socially acceptable. They are only used to receiving criticism from the left.

They will learn to bite their tongues, just like they used to do on Twitter.

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Hey, I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I think a tipping system would work wonders for Gab.

Let people buy some 'Gab Tokens' & leave a tip on posts they like. Gab takes a small cut. This is great for everyone involved.

Steemit functions this way & I think streaming sites like twitch also let users do this. The Brave browser tries to do this via BAT as well.

Steemit (https://steemit.com/) is pretty active, but Gab has the potential to become way bigger. If Gab has trouble accepting credit cards, creating a crypto token & getting it traded on exchanges/decentralized exchanges could be an simple way to get around that, especially as more & more people are getting into crypto.

Hopefully people with clout can push for this if the Gab crew isn't working on this already.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
@Millwood16:
Gab Help & Info
If you have a web site, you can now create a link to gab.

HTML/CSS code to provide a link to Gab from your web site,
https://code.gab.com/gab/social/gab-social/-/blob/develop/docs/example-share-button.html

The Gab logo is available here:

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Cross post from the Parler thread.

@MarkDice:
Parler founder and (now former) CEO John Matze has just been fired from the company at the direction of the board of directors, controlled by investor Rebekah Mercer. He should have read "A Company of One" by Paul Jarvis, a book that Gab founder Andrew Torba recommended two years ago. I'll be posting an in-depth interview with Andrew Friday or Saturday about his reason for starting Gab and his plans to preserve free speech online.

dafd0ed3973405a2.jpeg

9780241380222.jpg

skullmask

Woodpecker
I've noticed a big uptick in Q-Tard and civ-nat activity on Gab recently as well. I usually ignore them but when I see someone post blatant lies I'll call them out on it hoping it will wake up others.

I imagine I'll be using the block functionality a lot for the forseeable future. I'm not going to argue with people who still believe in a psyop that told whoppers like "Sessions is going to activate" or that "no one can stop what's coming."

Cross post from the Parler thread.

@MarkDice:
Parler founder and (now former) CEO John Matze has just been fired from the company at the direction of the board of directors, controlled by investor Rebekah Mercer. He should have read "A Company of One" by Paul Jarvis, a book that Gab founder Andrew Torba recommended two years ago. I'll be posting an in-depth interview with Andrew Friday or Saturday about his reason for starting Gab and his plans to preserve free speech online.

dafd0ed3973405a2.jpeg

9780241380222.jpg

I don't know, the other side if the story makes a decent case. Until more information comes out I think I'll reserve my judgement.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
I've noticed a big uptick in Q-Tard and civ-nat activity on Gab recently as well. I usually ignore them but when I see someone post blatant lies I'll call them out on it hoping it will wake up others.

I imagine I'll be using the block functionality a lot for the forseeable future. I'm not going to argue with people who still believe in a psyop that told whoppers like "Sessions is going to activate" or that "no one can stop what's coming."
Good luck. Brace yourself when you see this.

They’re telling me today that a long list of politicians has already been executed in secret and the people running around the government are actually clones. I’m almost starting to feel bad for these people.

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
They’re telling me today that a long list of politicians has already been executed in secret and the people running around the government are actually clones. I’m almost starting to feel bad for these people.
I'm not on Gab but I kind of like the current Q stuff for comedy.

I forget the exact situation but Q made some bold predictions during the shutdown that obviously didn't come true. As such it's been an obvious hoax since 2017. (Trump ending the shutdown without concessions is when I knew something was amiss and he wasn't quite the "fighter" many have claimed.)

Bitter End

Woodpecker
I am following the alt-lite stuff, those banned from FB or Youtube. I have to say it is a lot of fun and often worth sharing with less red/god pill crowd. I love what Andrew Torba is doing but I had to unfollow him, because all I saw was his reposts. The site is working very well now. Just need to stick around until I have more friends/followers and generally more interaction.

The point of Gab and Telegram is deflating and eventually taking away mainstream culture from both Facecuck and Twatter, so I it's a good thing to attract normies

Since the Overton Window is made of both niche and mainstream circles, eventually the message has to spread to the masses just like Pepe and game terminology did back in 2016

Which is also the reason Facecuck keeps deleting groups with millions of conservatives planning peaceful demonstrations and banning other platforms such as Parler and Telegram
They can't control the narrative by shaming anymore, because it only makes the message more visible and stronger like it happened to the forum in the old days

The moment I will be very confident will be if BLM and Antifa starts joining Gab en masse, it will be the digital version of Antifa meeting a group testosterone fueled Patriotic Veterans, and by that point normies will probably be there to see it

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Andrew Torba:
Not one of these "journalists" reached out to us for comment before printing this fake news. They printed this for two days straight. What else are they printing that isn't true and is made up from thin air without being fact checked at all?

840ebdd80924d70a.png

@realdonaldtrump is and always has been a mirror archive of POTUS’ tweets and statements that we’ve run for years. We've always been transparent about this and would obviously let people know if the President starts using it. The only reason he’s not using it right now to contact his base is because dopey advisers like Jared Kushner, who lost him the election, are blocking him from using it.

A fake news story was started by random British newspapers that didn’t even bother calling us to fact check or for comment. We will be writing a blog post to expose this fake news shortly.

We will go on the record stating that we know 100% for a fact that Jared Kushner is actively trying to keep Trump off Gab and has been for weeks. Because Gab is the only safe place left for conservatives that means Kushner is trying to keep Trump off the Internet.

Why?

Pendleton

Pelican
Andrew Torba:
Not one of these "journalists" reached out to us for comment before printing this fake news. They printed this for two days straight. What else are they printing that isn't true and is made up from thin air without being fact checked at all?

840ebdd80924d70a.png

@realdonaldtrump is and always has been a mirror archive of POTUS’ tweets and statements that we’ve run for years. We've always been transparent about this and would obviously let people know if the President starts using it. The only reason he’s not using it right now to contact his base is because dopey advisers like Jared Kushner, who lost him the election, are blocking him from using it.

A fake news story was started by random British newspapers that didn’t even bother calling us to fact check or for comment. We will be writing a blog post to expose this fake news shortly.

We will go on the record stating that we know 100% for a fact that Jared Kushner is actively trying to keep Trump off Gab and has been for weeks. Because Gab is the only safe place left for conservatives that means Kushner is trying to keep Trump off the Internet.

Why?
How is Kushner not yet completely discredited in Trump's eyes? I understand he has almost no one he can trust and most of his advisers start working against him as soon as he brings them on board but Kushner has a 100% losing record.

skullmask

Woodpecker
How is Kushner not yet completely discredited in Trump's eyes?
He is the Zion Don. Remember all those jews he pardoned shortly before leaving office? Israel First!

Oh and he pardoned some rappers too. But not Snowden or Assange, or any of the ordinary people in prison or facing prison who stuck out their neck for him these past four years. Oh he pardoned Bannon and some other guys in his inner circle, but that's it.

By this point I don't understand how Trump himself isn't completely discredited in his supporter's eyes, let alone Kushner

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Torba: These headlines are misleading because it wasn't President Trump demanding 40% of Parler in order to post on their site. It was grifter Brad Parscale and Kushner's minions pushing for the deal. Parscale is on record saying Trump wasn't involved.

Jared sent some of his people a few weeks ago to try to scope us out on an equity offer.

YOU'RE NOT GETTING ONE SHARE, JARED.

NOT ONE SINGLE SHARE.

b49aabfe505f335e.png

d6bf6a88eddaaae3.png