Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
6dfcc439e8448194.png

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
Some activists have been choosing gettr instead of gab for their free speech tweeting needs. Gab seems to have done a good job, I suppose they are both 'centralised'.. Does anyone know anything more about the newer platform?

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Some activists have been choosing gettr instead of gab for their free speech tweeting needs. Gab seems to have done a good job, I suppose they are both 'centralised'.. Does anyone know anything more about the newer platform?
Gettr censors "conservatives" more now than Twitter prior to 2015 or so, which should tell you where they're headed. Gettr literally banned the use of the word "groyper" for a while. That's how fragile they are.

Using Gettr is a waste of time, and is a snub to Andrew Torba who's risked a lot to get his platform running and uses it to send Christian messages to hundreds of thousands if not millions of people.

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant
Basically what @DanielH said. Gettr is controlled opposition. Gab was a bit touch and go at first, but it has really been proven in the recent few years. It has been the center of the rallying cries for a parallel Christian economy as well, which is something you will never see controlled opposition and fake platforms do.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Re: Gettr.

1. It's founded by (((Jason Miller))). This means they will censor and/or remove any negative posts, memes, etc related to ((())) stuff.

2. It's developed by an obscure company (_Chainnov_Inc.). Supposedly it's a retooled version of Chinese billionaire Miles Guo's Getome app.

3. It's so laughable when reading Gettr's About page:
GETTR USA, Inc., is a privately-held, American social media company. Launched on July 4, 2021 by its Chief Executive Officer, former Senior Trump Advisor, Jason Miller. GETTR champions free speech, rejects cancel-culture, and promotes an uplifting, inspiring platform for all!

To date, GETTR is the fastest-growing social media platform in history with users from all around the world. In comparison to the “other guys”, GETTR achieved more than a million subscribed users in less than three days after launching.

GETTR recently achieved another milestone of over 3 million subscribed users making it the fastest growing platform in the history of social media.

GETTR was created to combat censorship and give back freedom of speech to online users. Offering a platform to share diverse ideas while being safe from the Silicon Valley Mafia’s tyrannical overreach.

Be a part of history by joining the millions of Americans who are standing up to Big Tech and fighting for their right to free speech, independent thought, and rejecting political censorship.

So, join GETTR today, and help us make social media FUN again!

People don't realize that Gettr is relying on Big Tech platform - i.e., they are using Amazon servers and they are dependent on Google & Apple app stores.

4. Last month, Gettr permanently banned Nick Fuentes. Gettr censors and/or bans anyone they don't like.

Edit.

5. Via Torba post:
6b34a283ccd6fc40.jpg

6. Via The Daily Veracity, "Gettr Global Communications Director, Ebony Bowden, Anti-Trump / Pro-Obama Past Revealed"

7. Torba: The degenerate class of operatives in DC better realize something real fast: we don't answer to them anymore and never will again.

Gettr is the quintessential reflection of the Washington DC political class: funded by the Chinese, ran by degenerates and leftists pretending to be conservatives, and astroturfed by phonies who lie their way to power.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Nick Fuentes created a new Gettr account last night during his show. He got banned within an hour. :laughter:
Props to Nick for showing his audience that Gettr isn't exactly who and what they claim to be (i.e., Free Speech supporter).

0ad089a4be021d13.jpg

Last edited:

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Hilarious, brethren! GETTR is on GAB with THIS message:

They LITERALLY suggest you leave gab for gettr if you want free speech :squintlol:

Show them some love https://gab.com/Gettr

But be Christian
Everyone needs to dunk on Gettr. Fence sitters will not be tolerated.

1641396761131.png
Edit: I literally forgot about Parler's existence - they were nuked by Amazon because they were hosted on Amazon servers... JUST LIKE GETTR
1641399141430.png

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
@ElijahSchaffer: After speaking directly to @GettrOfficial

Not only am I shadow banned on their platform

But they indirectly admitted they ban people based on behavior outside their platform, not by direct TOS violations

So as of now, this is not a free speech platform @JoeRogan

e2251e5b89dc1e7e.jpeg

Easy_C

Peacock
Andrew Torba was on TimCast IRL last night. Well worth watching the whole thing.

If you have time I recommend also watching the one with the GETTR CEO the day before. The difference is night and day in how they respond to questions, and is an excellent case study in the difference between how good faith and bad faith actors communicate. When pressed on whether they'd ban black nationalists Miller spluttered.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
^^^ Re: Jason Miller of Gettr on Timcast.

Meanwhile...

Torba: Wow! Leaked audio recordings show that like I have been saying for two weeks now, Chinese Billionaire Miles Gao is running the show at Gettr. Jason Miller is just a puppet. Yet another lie Jason was caught it on Timcast!

Leaked Messages Show Gettr in Crisis Mode Over Joe Rogan Criticism​

An attack from Rogan, the host of the biggest podcast in the country who is popular on the right, was a big problem for a social media firm that is only six months old and targets conservatives as its consumer base. As he dealt with the fallout, Jason Miller, the former Trump campaign spokesperson who is the company’s CEO, traded messages with Guo Wengui, the controversial fugitive Chinese billionaire and ally of Steve Bannon, whose company created an early version of Gettr. Miller and Gettr have repeatedly asserted that Guo does not play an active role in the company’s operations. But these messages—which were obtained by Mother Jones—show Guo dispensing advice (arguably instructions) to Miller and suggest he is more involved than the company has acknowledged.

“Yeah, it’s not good,” Miller said in a WhatsApp text message to Guo, noting that he had recently spoken to Rogan’s producer in an effort to smooth things over. “…[H]opefully we won’t have anymore outbursts.”

“We don’t want to do any bad things to this guy [Rogan],” Guo, who speaks slightly fractured English, responded in an audio message. “We need to respect him. Just…explain to him what happened.”

“Keep it gentleman-style,” Guo stressed. “No fight back. We are friends. We need to respect him.”

“Exactly,” Miller replied by text. “I was very humble when I spoke with his producer yesterday.”

“That’s why I love you. You’re a 100 percent gentlemen,” Guo responded in another audio message. Guo added, seemingly jokingly, that he himself was a “fake gentleman.”

Guo appears to have communicated one-on-one with Miller, then forwarded the exchange to a group of around 20 associates according to a person who shared the messages with Mother Jones. To this group, Guo provided a description of what he had discussed with Miller. “Regarding Joe Rogan, last night, we discussed with Jason to display the number of followers separately: GETTR followers and total followers,” Guo wrote in the WhatsApp chat that originally appeared in Chinese. “The web version has been launched, and the mobile version is also being submitted. After all the changes are made, Jason should respond to this issue. An announcement to explain.”

Link to Mother Jones article & audio:

77f025d668649b82.jpg