The God pill

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Mayhem said:
I'm sorry,

Age old, It is about one unrequited love and I don't know what more to say. I'm trying hard to move on after letting her go but time is merciless.

Then I have a tendency to interconnect my prayers and make it more difficult on myself.

Thank you.
You must develop a sense of gratitude for all that you have. Unrequited love sucks. We have all been there. But if that is the biggest problem in your life, then you should be on your knees daily fervently praying to God for the bounty and abundance in your life -- and praying for forgiveness for your self-pity.

There are people with diseases, missing limbs, in extreme poverty, and with lost loved ones (just to name a few absolutely horrendous circumstances) who would love to be in your shoes. Gratitude is the ONLY correct mental attitude that can put everything else in perspective.

Especially in the midst of such trying times when the entire world is going through a horrible pandemic and terrible economic turmoil, you should ask: Am I evolving in compassion, patience, and generosity -- and thanking God daily for His many blessings on my behalf?

Tail Gunner said:
Mayhem said:
I'm sorry,

Age old, It is about one unrequited love and I don't know what more to say. I'm trying hard to move on after letting her go but time is merciless.

Then I have a tendency to interconnect my prayers and make it more difficult on myself.

Thank you.
You must develop a sense of gratitude for all that you have. Unrequited love sucks. We have all been there. But if that is the biggest problem in your life, then you should be on your knees daily fervently praying to God for the bounty and abundance in your life -- and praying for forgiveness for your self-pity.

There are people with diseases, missing limbs, in extreme poverty, and with lost loved ones (just to name a few absolutely horrendous circumstances) who would love to be in your shoes. Gratitude is the ONLY correct mental attitude that can put everything else in perspective.

Especially in the midst of such trying times when the entire world is going through a horrible pandemic and terrible economic turmoil, you should ask: Am I evolving in compassion, patience, and generosity -- and thanking God daily for His many blessings on my behalf?
Thanks for providing a different perspective. It helped a lot. I went ahead and acted carelessly again a few moments earlier. My first reaction is always tempered by shock.

Thank You.

NoMoreTO

Pelican
Peter Helland is probably best known as EMJs' interviewer in so many videos from South Bend. They had been creating those for a long time.

He also has his own channel, and I find his deep dives on theology (Catholic) and the Bible to be unbelievable. He really pushes right down to the scripture very well and has some amazing insights, and really does a good job separating out our current societal mindset from what is taught in the Bible.

Here he does a meditation on St. Joseph, and the role of Fathers. The primary worldly role of any father (step father in this case) is to teach a boy to work and his craft. Here he discusses how women must be protected by men, their heads should be covered, and he points back to COVID-19 that we are not protecting women from their fear.

((()))

Pigeon
I'm feeling so close to God lately. It's too wonderful.

It's like He's always been there, but I kept the door closed for so long. I was afraid of Him, even though I had no reason to be. Now with His power infused in my heart I'm not afraid to trust Him anymore.

My outlook on past events has radically shifted from regret to "I have no words to describe this feeling but it's mostly acceptance and realising that said event x happened because it was His plan for me". (Maaaan I should have hugged that half-Zimbabwean-Lesbo-Chinese 9 a few years ago... Hmmm no thank God I didnt!)

So many good things have happened lately to the people around me, and they can sense that something is up there.

I will keep all of you in my prayers for tonight, God bless Roosh and the RVF.

Roosh

Cardinal
The spiritual war is between those who want what Jesus offers; and those who reject it.

The battles in spiritual war are fought over the undecided souls, the waverers, the drifters, the sleepwalkers, those who Love but whose love is misdirected.

(The undecided souls' personal battles are to understand, to know, to decide, to commit.)

Those who are incapable of love are self-doomed, they are the demons and the servants of demons - they are the other side, but the battles are not 'about' them.

To try and evangelise demons is misplaced effort that might save others. We should be battling them, not arguing with them.

Dr. Charlton has some great insights during this madness. Although I’m uncomfortable with some of his ideas (acting as his own spiritual authority), he’s generally more in the “right” camp than “wrong” camp. God Bless him and his spiritual walk.

Roosh

Cardinal
Dr. Charlton has some great insights during this madness. Although I’m uncomfortable with some of his ideas (acting as his own spiritual authority), he’s generally more in the “right” camp than “wrong” camp. God Bless him and his spiritual walk.
He talked about using the Jesus Prayer today. :like:

open source

Sparrow
1590147980666.png
Rest in peace.

Apologist Ravi Zacharias died Tuesday, two months after he announced he had been diagnosed with cancer. He was 74.

Zacharias was born in India and raised in an Anglican family. He recounted that his conversion to Christianity came while reading the Bible in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt as a teen. He immigrated to Canada at the age of 20.

Wutang

Ostrich
Gold Member
new.jpg

Saw someone post the above image on social media and I thought it summed up the attitude of the typical non-Christian person today whether it be a New Ager, atheist, secularist, or "spiritual but not religious" person. The individual is the sole arbitrator of any value and goodness and other things must rise and fall in accordance to their will.

arcterex

Pigeon
View attachment 23044
Rest in peace.

Heard of his passing and am curious to check out his work. I caught his tagline "Getting the Believer to Think and the Thinker to Believe". But I also liked the fact that he emphasized Faith practice; theology (apologetics) is merely a 'seasoning' to the main course. Looking forward to reading his writings and watching his sermons.