The God pill

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Mayhem said:
I'm sorry,

Age old, It is about one unrequited love and I don't know what more to say. I'm trying hard to move on after letting her go but time is merciless.

Then I have a tendency to interconnect my prayers and make it more difficult on myself.

Thank you.

You must develop a sense of gratitude for all that you have. Unrequited love sucks. We have all been there. But if that is the biggest problem in your life, then you should be on your knees daily fervently praying to God for the bounty and abundance in your life -- and praying for forgiveness for your self-pity.

There are people with diseases, missing limbs, in extreme poverty, and with lost loved ones (just to name a few absolutely horrendous circumstances) who would love to be in your shoes. Gratitude is the ONLY correct mental attitude that can put everything else in perspective.

Especially in the midst of such trying times when the entire world is going through a horrible pandemic and terrible economic turmoil, you should ask: Am I evolving in compassion, patience, and generosity -- and thanking God daily for His many blessings on my behalf?

Tail Gunner said:
Mayhem said:
I'm sorry,

Age old, It is about one unrequited love and I don't know what more to say. I'm trying hard to move on after letting her go but time is merciless.

Then I have a tendency to interconnect my prayers and make it more difficult on myself.

Thank you.

You must develop a sense of gratitude for all that you have. Unrequited love sucks. We have all been there. But if that is the biggest problem in your life, then you should be on your knees daily fervently praying to God for the bounty and abundance in your life -- and praying for forgiveness for your self-pity.

There are people with diseases, missing limbs, in extreme poverty, and with lost loved ones (just to name a few absolutely horrendous circumstances) who would love to be in your shoes. Gratitude is the ONLY correct mental attitude that can put everything else in perspective.

Especially in the midst of such trying times when the entire world is going through a horrible pandemic and terrible economic turmoil, you should ask: Am I evolving in compassion, patience, and generosity -- and thanking God daily for His many blessings on my behalf?

Thanks for providing a different perspective. It helped a lot. I went ahead and acted carelessly again a few moments earlier. My first reaction is always tempered by shock.

Thank You.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Peter Helland is probably best known as EMJs' interviewer in so many videos from South Bend. They had been creating those for a long time.

He also has his own channel, and I find his deep dives on theology (Catholic) and the Bible to be unbelievable. He really pushes right down to the scripture very well and has some amazing insights, and really does a good job separating out our current societal mindset from what is taught in the Bible.

Here he does a meditation on St. Joseph, and the role of Fathers. The primary worldly role of any father (step father in this case) is to teach a boy to work and his craft. Here he discusses how women must be protected by men, their heads should be covered, and he points back to COVID-19 that we are not protecting women from their fear.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
We've been using this one over at Aurini's for a while, but we know we're a bunch of dorks.

((()))

Sparrow
I'm feeling so close to God lately. It's too wonderful.

It's like He's always been there, but I kept the door closed for so long. I was afraid of Him, even though I had no reason to be. Now with His power infused in my heart I'm not afraid to trust Him anymore.

My outlook on past events has radically shifted from regret to "I have no words to describe this feeling but it's mostly acceptance and realising that said event x happened because it was His plan for me". (Maaaan I should have hugged that half-Zimbabwean-Lesbo-Chinese 9 a few years ago... Hmmm no thank God I didnt!)

So many good things have happened lately to the people around me, and they can sense that something is up there.

I will keep all of you in my prayers for tonight, God bless Roosh and the RVF.

Roosh

Cardinal
The spiritual war is between those who want what Jesus offers; and those who reject it.

The battles in spiritual war are fought over the undecided souls, the waverers, the drifters, the sleepwalkers, those who Love but whose love is misdirected.

(The undecided souls' personal battles are to understand, to know, to decide, to commit.)

Those who are incapable of love are self-doomed, they are the demons and the servants of demons - they are the other side, but the battles are not 'about' them.

To try and evangelise demons is misplaced effort that might save others. We should be battling them, not arguing with them.

Dr. Charlton has some great insights during this madness. Although I’m uncomfortable with some of his ideas (acting as his own spiritual authority), he’s generally more in the “right” camp than “wrong” camp. God Bless him and his spiritual walk.

Roosh

Cardinal
Dr. Charlton has some great insights during this madness. Although I’m uncomfortable with some of his ideas (acting as his own spiritual authority), he’s generally more in the “right” camp than “wrong” camp. God Bless him and his spiritual walk.
He talked about using the Jesus Prayer today. :like:

open source

Sparrow
Gold Member
1590147980666.png
Rest in peace.

Apologist Ravi Zacharias died Tuesday, two months after he announced he had been diagnosed with cancer. He was 74.

Zacharias was born in India and raised in an Anglican family. He recounted that his conversion to Christianity came while reading the Bible in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt as a teen. He immigrated to Canada at the age of 20.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
new.jpg

Saw someone post the above image on social media and I thought it summed up the attitude of the typical non-Christian person today whether it be a New Ager, atheist, secularist, or "spiritual but not religious" person. The individual is the sole arbitrator of any value and goodness and other things must rise and fall in accordance to their will.

arcterex

Pigeon
View attachment 23044
Rest in peace.

Heard of his passing and am curious to check out his work. I caught his tagline "Getting the Believer to Think and the Thinker to Believe". But I also liked the fact that he emphasized Faith practice; theology (apologetics) is merely a 'seasoning' to the main course. Looking forward to reading his writings and watching his sermons.

I've begun praying recently and I'm unsure on how to do it best. There are many different prayers listed in different places, in different languages and so on.

I've personally been praying beginning with accepting Jesus Christ as god and asking for forgiveness. Then I usually ask for strength to deal with some problem of mine, to resist sin or to be courageous or to keep me focused and such things. I do not ask directly for anything, but try to think about what I would need to do in order to achieve what I would have asked for. I could ask to have the strength to not allow myself to feel threathened by current events because feeling so makes me angry and aggressive and that leads to hating, which isn't good.

I've seen quite good results so far of this method, but I also feel like I'm being tested. I will pray and it seem that good things happen, but then I might regress after seeing such rapid positive progress. For me personally, I struggle with pride and wrath. Success tends to breed these.

In any case, I've begun praying and I think I am on the right path.

Roosh

Cardinal
I've begun praying recently and I'm unsure on how to do it best. There are many different prayers listed in different places, in different languages and so on.

I've personally been praying beginning with accepting Jesus Christ as god and asking for forgiveness. Then I usually ask for strength to deal with some problem of mine, to resist sin or to be courageous or to keep me focused and such things. I do not ask directly for anything, but try to think about what I would need to do in order to achieve what I would have asked for. I could ask to have the strength to not allow myself to feel threathened by current events because feeling so makes me angry and aggressive and that leads to hating, which isn't good.

I've seen quite good results so far of this method, but I also feel like I'm being tested. I will pray and it seem that good things happen, but then I might regress after seeing such rapid positive progress. For me personally, I struggle with pride and wrath. Success tends to breed these.

I've shared this helpful resource in the past: https://orthodoxprayer.org

Start small then work your way up.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member

I also classify my spiritual gains as tidal in nature but as long as the low tide marker keeps getting higher then progress is progress and I'm grateful for it.

Eventually my sin-glaciers will have melted and all my demonic polar bears will have drowned.

Take that, Greta.

hyh88

I'm a long time casual lurker, but not ever a rooshv forum participant (although I did book a PUA session nearly 10+ years ago with Roosh). I started reading the forums intensely just a few days ago. I couldn't stop reading, especially a few posters like scorpion, which has led me to start reading more of the Bible etc. I've spent the last few days reading tons of Christian material on this forum and online.

I prayed for the first time today and just felt motivated to post something here. Literally just days ago as well I've been drinking a lot, drove long distance to meet a girl for a crack at fornication.

This feeling/spirit has surprised me because I am a vain person who has always believed in my own intelligence. I always saw Christianity and religion as a 'useful illusion' and a font of tremendous wisdom but I did not see it as something that describes the cosmological truth about the world. Part of this viewpoint came from reading about religious philosophy and the effects its had on society/various theories on its impact like Kierkegaard's 'leap of faith'. I had a lot of intellectual arrogance (I majored in philosophy at an Ivy League university) and its only troubles about my life in the last years that have led me to drink/questioning things. Also growing up and living in NYC (I am 32) has also surrounded me with a very secular and world-focused culture.

However, I am starting to believe (and particularly in reading through Roosh's story, Scorpion's posts about intelligent design/evolution/the nature of truth).If I had to say now (although I wonder if its a honeymoon period), I do believe. Something is stirring in me that I haven't felt in a long time. I feel guilt and regret for many of my sins from the past and even the sins I am likely committing now and soon. Reading some passages of the Bible has moved me to tears at points in the last few days. Reading through these forums has reduced a lot of desire to drink and a lot of other bad/negative feelings about my life. However, I'm afraid of the next steps and whether I will regress or if I will just be a dilettante since it has not been long.

If anyone had advice on what to do to either set the ball rolling or not to backslide on this at such an early stage, I would greatly appreciate it.

I also want to add that I've started reading the Bible (downloaded the KJV - which is written in a prose I'm not used to so its taking some time), www.ichthys.com, and John MacArthur at www.gty.org). What I suppose I'm looking for is some kind of insight into what I can expect at this early stage, things to avoid, what change looks like, what kind of church to look for (esp in NYC), etc. Or any insight that anyone wants to chime in with could help too.

Last edited:

Errol

Pigeon
Seek out faith groups, especially male focused faith groups, where you can share your experience.
Find a house of worship that makes sense to you, starting with the faith you were raised in if you don't have another point of reference.
If that doesn't seem like the right fit, move on from there and seek other avenues, but learn to submit humbly before God.
NYC, despite being a secular vulgar place, offers every avenue under the sun, so I know for a fact its a place you can find what you seek.
Beyond faith, seek out of other men's groups that draw mostly red-pilled minded or inclined men, and allow for socializing that isn't predominately focused on drinking.

Scripture quote of the last couple of weeks for me that keeps coming up in various contexts:
2 Timothy 1:7: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear: but of power, and of love, and of sobriety

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
This feeling/spirit has surprised me because I am a vain person who has always believed in my own intelligence...

Your on your way. There is no need to feel bad for your failures. You will likely fall backwards as you try to move forwards. Just take it one step at a time and you will grow into it.

The guilt you feel for your past sins is holding you back. The only purpose they serve is to act as a weight on your spirit.

One thing you can try is think of everyone you have anger against - and forgive them; and think of all the things you have done you regret - and forgive yourself. He doesn't want you to hold on to all that.

hyh88

Thanks Errol and gework. I also want to add that I've been reading the Bible and these posts on the forum stone cold sober these past few days (My last drink was on Saturday). I couldn't relax very well without having a drink nearly every day before. So feeling uplifted/having emotional resonance while being sober has given me a great feeling of comfort and a renewed purpose.

Something Roosh said about his mind being a "buzz" of activity when he first started on his journey jumps out at me now. So I just want to try to start on this journey right. Many things are coming to mind which involve modifying aspects of my life.