The God pill

ginsu

Woodpecker
Brothers, how would you lead someone to Christ?

Out of nowhere, in the midst of the Web, this particular person appeared in my life not long after my conversion. I could sense from the beginning that she was the God-fearing kind. Long story short, after discussing many things such as the complexities of life and God, I brought up the topic of Jesus. She was surprisingly eager to learn more about Christ because as you may know, in the vaterland of Roosh, the true Bible is verboten.

And so I felt compelled to plant the seed and tell her to pray for Christ so He could reveal Himself, and she was very enthusiastic at the idea of inviting Our greatest guest in her life. Alas, after a few attempts, she didn't feel His presence, but she doesn't want to give up on Him, suspecting that her methods may have been wrong.

I had a strange feeling from the beginning of our exchanges that I would lead her to Christ, and I have no doubts that this is the Holy Spirit asking me to do God's work.

So what are your suggestions for someone that is wholeheartedly seeking the Truth?

After so many years of engaging with dumb broads, this is a welcoming breath of fresh air.

How do you know you have connected with god ?. Obviously i'm asking because i'm not sure i have. Just very vaguely.

FactusIRX

Woodpecker
I had a very heated argument about life after death, Jews, Israel and WW2 with my father. When the discussion veered into Christianity, I knew things would get heavy. I'm very bad at arguing and he's a hardcore atheist.

Long story short, after revealing my faith, I'm the black sheep of the family for believing in God, following a supposedly soft and limp-wristed imaginary figure and reading a supposedly corrupted book that was rewritten many times throughout history. As I made my points, he burst in prideful laughter and left the conversation. This instantly reminded me of Luke 12:53.

“The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father...”

We're on good terms though so this is not a jab at him, but I'm curious if any of you had similar encounters with family members in the past?
Is he a Boomer? There's something about the Boomer generation that is just so unique in its corruption and weakness. I recently spoke to a rather successful Boomer who was raised Catholic, but says he doesn't believe in "Fairy Tales" anymore. The same Boomer also has very liberal (read: godless) children who have completely rejected all his "conservative" ideas and don't talk to him much anymore. The Boomer generation was given every benefit of a white Christian society, and once they fully benefited from it, they cast it into the fire. You should ask your father what world he left his children and grandchildren.

My father isn't a practicing Christian, either, so I just pray for his soul every night, and hope that God shows His grace to my father.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
So what are your suggestions for someone that is wholeheartedly seeking the Truth?

After so many years of engaging with dumb broads, this is a welcoming breath of fresh air.

Prior to First Justification or in the early Purgative Way, she will only have a Sensible Perception of God, meaning, He will speak to her via the emotions and imagination. Women are naturally sensible creatures to begin with, so you will reach her, not with Facts and Reason, but concentrate on purely emotional and imaginative constructs of him. Much like Game, it's knowing how to Speak Girl, though even Men must pass through this stage. Note that St Ignatius of Loyola was initially fighting a battle between sensible constructs of Bold Knights serving the Honour of their Ladies and the tales of Heroic Virtue displayed by the Saints.

Any man tasked with leading a woman (or a man) to God needs to understand to speak to them this way during this period: God will correct this tendency later. The best way to reach them is by focusing on the language of love, which is easier for women to understand.

Obviously, the Gospels are the best place for them to start, because Jesus is speaking this language (the New Law), but you also have to explain to them that, although God is there for them, and they'll come to realise He has always been there for them, they're 'numbed' by the pleasures of the world to his active presence in their lives, and what will break down this barrier is by learning to reach out to him via Love itself. This means prayer won't always be productive - he won't always reveal His presence - but if you are constant and generous in your approach to prayer, day after day, the wall will start coming down.

Note that prayer is often Dry - meaning you feel nothing - but the act of praying in that state is far more beloved by Him than when he showers you with Love - which are known as Sensible Consolations - because He wants to be loved for His own sake. You'll also pass through periods of Spiritual Desolation - where you won't be able to feel God and everything seems hard and difficult. Stay constant. What you are learning to do in those dry and desolate times is learning to love sensibly - 'prayer makes me feel good' - but by the Force of the Will, which is a component of the Human Soul that exists not in the Animal / Sensible Soul (the Psyche), but the Spiritual Soul (the Pneuma).

For a woman, starting out, I'd recommend the Gospels, and using the Teresian Method of Meditation, which is known for its rapid advancement to the higher grades of prayer, by focusing the conversation between God and the Soul on love.

It's important that She shed any imaginative understanding of what Meditation is, as constructed by the Secular World, which has programmed souls to think Meditation is some form of Eastern Meditation, usually sold to gullible Leftist women by Jewish Buddhists (JuBus) via an Aspirational image of a woman sitting in silhouette in the lotus position at sunset in front of the ocean, as if selling a product.

No, really.

meditation.jpg

A long time back I wrote that women are easily-programmed by the media to read certain visual cues as 'aspirational', and so to sell yourself on Tinder the same way. This is exactly what I meant. The Jubu's know how to psychologically-manipulate a soul into spiritual error so they never connect with the True God. If you read the Chabbad website - Jared Kushner's Religion - you'll soon discover they all believe in reincarnation and that when they say God, they mean a Universal, Non-Denominational Higher Power.

Any spiritual speaker who claims to be Christian but teaches the Jewish-Beloved Eastern Methods of Meditation, whilst showing an unhealthy concern for the State of Israel and its people - a known Freemasonic / Occult Curse - is leading you away from God, not towards Him, whether being paid handsomely to do so, being genuinely-clueless, or doing a very sly impersonation of selling himself as clueless.

1595725590309.jpg

I need to find that 'Silent Prayer' video and explain what Meditation and Contemplation both really are.

Of course, Yoga is as Basic Bitch Pinterest as it gets. So, you'd ask, if Eastern Meditation brings women or Jews some kind of spiritual peace, why are they all on anti-depressants, screeching about Trump?

There's some morbidly-obese Australian Buddhist unfunny media mouthpiece who is considered important enough in the Australian Buddhist community to have access to the Dalai Lama. Her 'spirituality' just means she does nothing but screech on Twitter for - sigh - Progressive Jewish causes, and is the best case of the absolute failure of Eastern Detachment and Meditation to grant one either physical or emotional change, stability or happiness that I've ever seen.

See the utter failure of detachment at play there?

Of course, she's beloved by the (((media))), but, being blunt, I think the Australian Buddhist Community and the Dalai Lama must be absolute idiots to associate her publicly with their movement, but I suspect their Faith was long ago converged by Judaism and will be a component part of the New World Order.

Anyway, this is a short book on the Teresian method via one of the 20th Centuries leading Carmelite Theologians in an easy to read question and answer format, that would be a good starting place for any woman curious about finding God, because she needs to unprogram these existing JuBu media constructs.

http://project451.com/wp-content/uploads/little_catechism.pdf

If a woman quite isn't up to reading scripture yet, I'd recommend this book by St Therese of Lisieux, a young French Carmelite Nun from the late 1800's, which should inspire her to *want* to love God. Particularly for a woman with any kind of 'Daddy Issues', for the book will help her understand her Physical Father isn't a reflection of her true *spiritual* Father.

I also recommend this because it's an Infused Work, written both in the Sensible language of the Early Purgative Way, but simultaneously is describing the Illuminative Way of Mystic Prayer that happens once you move from Meditation to Contemplation. She writes the history of her life but describes every event - good or bad - through the eyes of God's love for Her. It's French, she's precocious, has a loving family who undergoes many hardships, and I doubt any woman would fail to be emotionally-drawn into her journey. She also introduces an understanding of God that anyone can practice, no matter their state in life.

If that doesn't pique her interested, you could try this book:

It's the developing relationship between St Therese and Fr Maurice Belliere, but, rather than being a story of Sensible Love, it's about her sharing her Pnuematic Love of God with Him, strengthening him from a very weak, fearful man in the Seminary, to his journey into an African Mission, until their souls join as Brother and Sister. She promises him that she will call His soul to God from heaven via the 'elevator' she took to God, then, absolutely-unbelievably by the 'natural' standards of the world, that's exactly what happens. To the extent I had to keep rereading the last couple of chapters, not quite believing the 'coincidences' involved could be 'coincidences'.

The Journey to God is the greatest adventure any soul could hope for. Hope that helps.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
I just realized that title: "King of Kings" that applies to Jesus.

Also means that in our modern vocabulary.

That Jesus is the God Emperor of Mankind.

And we are ambassadors negotiating the surrender of his enemies while our God Emperor is still holding out mercy.

Soon the Cosmos will once again be the complete Imperium of God.

PainPositive

Kingfisher
Gold Member
If you are serious, you should check out the Bible Project on Youtube. They cover the Bible in bite size bits and make it entertaining.

I second Bible Project. They are great and on scripture that's debated they explain what the main interpretations are (Some people think this verse means "X" while others think it means "Y".)

They are very good I try to watch them as I read the Bible especially for OT reading.

The "wisdom literature" is my favorite series.

((()))

Sparrow
Yes, though the issue was politics and the Virus, not religion as such. We're Catholic, but I'm a Trad Resistance type and they're mainstream.

This is a delicate subject because you have to walk the between the chasms of 1.) submission and 2.) hatred. Enemies will prefer to use soft means of oppression to goad you into silence. If you overreact, you become the bad guy. On a similar note, forcibly extricating yourself from a situation can create mutual hatred; he may see you as a good-for-nothing religious nut, and you may see him as "swine" not to cast your pearls before.

At this point, it becomes clear why Jesus used terms like narrow road and eye of a needle. Although in Internetland we veer towards overcompensating extremism, we must remember that Christianity is a religion of Love, the distortions of the homosexualists notwithstanding. It is hard to be rejected by our fathers, who stand as a physical proxy of God the Father. Nevertheless, you must oppose him when he asks you to violate your faith. However, out of love of him and The Father, in all other things obey and respect him as though you were serving the Father himself.

Conversion is ultimately a matter of the interior and not exact argumentation. It is only when he realizes that there are certain needs only God can fulfill that his heart may open. Until then, bear patiently with all these blows, as this is the eight Beatitude.

Thank you for writing out what I couldn't express with words.

How do you know you have connected with god ?. Obviously i'm asking because i'm not sure i have. Just very vaguely.

Due to a physical injury that greatly impacted my career, I had to do some soul-searching and rethink my whole worldview. I always brushed off the Bible, thinking that I'll read it later in life when I'll be ready. Truth is, you're never ready for anything, and I truly wasn't ready for what I would be experiencing later on.

So as I was reading through the Gospels for the first time in my life, I began to pray, mostly for others, and I can say with confidence that most of my prayers have been answered.

But there's one recent event that has troubled my life, in a positive way. Laying on the hospital bed after surgery, as I was about to wake up, I saw Jesus blessing people around him. My first thought was "Oh it was dream! I dreamed of Jesus!". But then it dawned on me that this was a million times more realistic than a dream, where everything is often blurry and doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

After experiencing this vision, I remember feeling some kind of peace like never before.

This is the best answer I can give you.

Is he a Boomer? There's something about the Boomer generation that is just so unique in its corruption and weakness. I recently spoke to a rather successful Boomer who was raised Catholic, but says he doesn't believe in "Fairy Tales" anymore. The same Boomer also has very liberal (read: godless) children who have completely rejected all his "conservative" ideas and don't talk to him much anymore. The Boomer generation was given every benefit of a white Christian society, and once they fully benefited from it, they cast it into the fire. You should ask your father what world he left his children and grandchildren.

My father isn't a practicing Christian, either, so I just pray for his soul every night, and hope that God shows His grace to my father.

I guess he's something between Boomer and Gen X, but what you've described fits perfectly. He often claims that we (we as in our generation) have it so much easier than his generation. Sure we have smartphones, GPS, high-speed internet, but spiritually we are dead and that seems to be the least of his concerns. He doesn't realize the extent of the societal rot, because he doesn't partake in society anymore.

"As long as it doesn't hurt me, let them do whatever they want" is his everyday motto.

I can only pray for him to receive God's grace, so he may be healed from the curse of godlessness that is prevalent in my family.

----------

@AnonymousBosch Many thanks for this long and thought-out reply. There's a lot to digest here! I will guide her with your advice and I hope to be successful in this God-given endeavor.

I recommended her to read the Gospels, but they're illegal in her country, and I'm kind of paranoid as to send anything that would potentially put her in danger. She's a smart cookie so she'll surely find a way to read it eventually.

You had me with the JuBus though.

People say that when you pray you should act like you're going to get what you asked for. Apparently God likes that. So I've just had an idea. What if you acted with smugness like you're the son a a king and you know you can have anything you want, because the king is wonderful. Is that the kind of thing they mean when they talk about boasting in the Lord? Is this the right attitude to have? If it is, I have no problem acting smug knowing that I'm going to be blessed. I'll just take my usual smugness and tweak it so that it's directed at Him.

Last edited:

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I find that alarming. When I pray, I try to focus on humility above everything else, given how subtly the tendrils of pride tend to grow around one's soul (not to say that I necessarily succeed in being humble all, or even most of the time.) But approaching in humility doesn't mean that you shouldn't be confident in God. It's more a matter of trusting in His judgment, whether He chooses to grant your request or not.

Lazuli Waves

Woodpecker
How do Christians reconcile that the Bible is a book written by men yet is claimed to be the word of God? How do we know that this book is actually God's words? Further, how do we know God's true meaning in the passages when the language can be interpreted in so many different ways?

I grew up Christian but could never reconcile the above. I always found the interpretation of the Bible to be arbitrary in my studies. I've never "spoken to God". All I know about God is what the Church and Bible have told me.

I wondered about this, too. When there is something in the Bible that confuses me or just plain seems weird, and I study it, I sometimes feel more confused and frustrated. Alcohol is one of these subjects. People say that the Bible says alcohol is OK in moderation, but you should not get intoxicated. It seems like the effects that alcohol has had on people's lives, their families, and society are so terrible, it makes sense to me to not normalize it in any capacity. Even if some people are fine with small amounts, should we have it present at celebratory events, restaurants, or mass where they may be recovering alcoholics, or those from alcoholic families, present? Is that disrespectful to our brothers and sisters who are struggling? I think it would be better for us to have alcohol normalized in society. Maybe it was OK at one time, but does that mean it always has to be? They didn't have drunk driving accidents during biblical times.

I don't understand why Jesus turned large amounts of water into wine at a wedding. This seems like a weird miracle compared to healing the blind and a leper. Is it some kind of metaphor? Were women drinking at the wedding? I don't think any women who are sexually active and not on birth control should drink any of amount of alcohol because they may be pregnant and not know it, and hurt their unborn child.

When I think about things like this, I feel very distanced from religion. I feel like I don't understand other religious people. I still believe in God but even then I feel some distance from Him.

I've tried expressing this to other Christians and they have gotten angry.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I wondered about this, too. When there is something in the Bible that confuses me or just plain seems weird, and I study it, I sometimes feel more confused and frustrated. Alcohol is one of these subjects. People say that the Bible says alcohol is OK in moderation, but you should not get intoxicated. It seems like the effects that alcohol has had on people's lives, their families, and society are so terrible, it makes sense to me to not normalize it in any capacity. Even if some people are fine with small amounts, should we have it present at celebratory events, restaurants, or mass where they may be recovering alcoholics, or those from alcoholic families, present? Is that disrespectful to our brothers and sisters who are struggling? I think it would be better for us to have alcohol normalized in society. Maybe it was OK at one time, but does that mean it always has to be? They didn't have drunk driving accidents during biblical times.

Speaking as somebody whose alcohol intake is limited to about one glass of wine or apple cider per month...

The Bible doesn't prohibit alcohol but encourages moderation in this (as in all appetites.) I would suggest you read the book of Proverbs, which has a lot to say about this subject that offers helpful guidelines for handling your appetites.

Alcoholic beverages are much stronger in modern times than in the ancient world, so it took some intentional effort to get drunk, especially in the Jewish world, where drunkenness was frowned upon. A total prohibition on alcohol is a very Puritan sort of approach that didn't exist before a few hundred years ago, and can often cause more harm than good as it sets up alcohol as a "forbidden fruit" that, say, teenagers will be drawn toward. There's definitely a middle ground between prohibition and drunkenness.

I suggest you read 1 Corinthians 8; though it specifically discusses meat offered to idols, substitute that with alcohol and you'll get a handle on the Bible's teaching in regards to helping others not stumble in areas of weakness. Sure, Christians don't always do a great job of this, but I don't think you should dismiss the entire faith just because sometimes Christians get drunk.

I don't understand why Jesus turned large amounts of water into wine at a wedding. This seems like a weird miracle compared to healing the blind and a leper. Is it some kind of metaphor? Were women drinking at the wedding? I don't think any women who are sexually active and not on birth control should drink any of amount of alcohol because they may be pregnant and not know it, and hurt their unborn child.

When I think about things like this, I feel very distanced from religion. I feel like I don't understand other religious people. I still believe in God but even then I feel some distance from Him.

I've tried expressing this to other Christians and they have gotten angry.

I have to say, of all the things in the Bible to get mad about, the wedding at Cana is a new one for me.

The wedding miracle is meant to evoke the creation of Man and Woman in Genesis, as Jesus' miracle blesses the wedding and marriage in general. It also illustrates (from an Orthodox or Catholic perspective) Mary's ability to intercede to Jesus on behalf of others. By making wine, Jesus is showing grace in a significant way; not having wine would have been a major faux pas and source of shame for the host whose responsibility was to provide for his guests, even at a celebration continuing several days. On top of that, wine was usually watered down with 2-3 parts water, one part wine, so it was a good deal less potent that what we drink today.

I take a lot of the Bible allegorically. I know it might not be a popular stance. I believe praying, talking to God and remaining in good spirits are the essentials. Even if you only take the golden rule from the Bible that's good enough when combined with those daily practises.

I had a very heated argument about life after death, Jews, Israel and WW2 with my father. When the discussion veered into Christianity, I knew things would get heavy. I'm very bad at arguing and he's a hardcore atheist.

Long story short, after revealing my faith, I'm the black sheep of the family for believing in God, following a supposedly soft and limp-wristed imaginary figure and reading a supposedly corrupted book that was rewritten many times throughout history. As I made my points, he burst in prideful laughter and left the conversation. This instantly reminded me of Luke 12:53.

“The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father...”

We're on good terms though so this is not a jab at him, but I'm curious if any of you had similar encounters with family members in the past?

My entire extended family are still Jewish atheists. The pushback means you’re on the right track. Stay true and seek God ☦️

I gave into temptation and lost. Even as interiorly, my conscience and perhaps my guardian angel + the Holy Ghost is screaming at me to get back on the right path, the evil one is battering me with the opposite errors of presumption and despair and even greater temptations still. It really feels like being under a black magic spell. I am in danger.

Elipe

Woodpecker
I gave into temptation and lost. Even as interiorly, my conscience and perhaps my guardian angel + the Holy Ghost is screaming at me to get back on the right path, the evil one is battering me with the opposite errors of presumption and despair and even greater temptations still. It really feels like being under a black magic spell. I am in danger.
I will pray for you.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
People say that when you pray you should act like you're going to get what you asked for. Apparently God likes that. So I've just had an idea. What if you acted with smugness like you're the son a a king and you know you can have anything you want, because the king is wonderful. Is that the kind of thing they mean when they talk about boasting in the Lord? Is this the right attitude to have? If it is, I have no problem acting smug knowing that I'm going to be blessed. I'll just take my usual smugness and tweak it so that it's directed at Him.

Your instinct is a natural truth of the spiritual progression: that Our Father loves us and wants to make us happy. St Teresa of Avila paints him as a King so eager to give us gifts that he's perched right on the edge of His throne.

I'd caution to think of it less as smugness, and more as the confidence a toddler has that everything it needs will be provided by their parents, because not much is expected of them. You have to have learnt your complete incapacity to do anything good of your volition to truly gain the rewards of this abandonment to God.

You hear this attitude a lot in the religious. They've gone far enough with God to have a deep assurance that they're loved by Him, despite their flaws and sinful nature. I listen to some Franciscan Friars regularly, and they have a recurring affirmation they joke about in a 'talk to the hand' fashion: "I'm a redeemed child of God, a beloved son of the Father." One of them recently mentioned an older Priest they all adored, whose answering machine message has a whispered "The Father thinks I'm a pretty big deal" at the end. These aren't prideful expressions, but the voices of those in a deepening relationship of love.

However, this attitude is best practiced once you've made a strong effort in the prayer life, have been practicing humility and obedience, and have been detaching from sin and from the world to the best of your current ability. St Teresa of Avila would say this change in the relationship of trust kicks in around what she labels as 'the third mansion'. Here's the description of these men and women..

"They avoid committing even venial sins; they love doing penance; they spend hours in recollection they use their time well; they practice works of charity towards their neighbors; and they are very careful in their speech and dress and in the government of their house if they have one."

This is generally a stage before Infused Contemplation is granted because You are doing your best to change under your own power, but God has yet to reach down and truly take over and call you to silence and stillness. If this sounds like you now, Vlad, then cultivate the attitude you described but temper it with an attitude of charity and humility towards others. If you don't think you're there yet, but you like the idea of this kind of relationship, then, just keep purging away the behaviours of the Old Man and the relationship will eventually-deepen into this and you'll be given back what you feel you're losing one hundred fold.

If you ever stumble across my pre-first justification posts, you'll note I swear like a sailor, and now it never occurs for me to do so. Whilst I still have my irascible outbursts, I'm also far less prone to them. I'm always temper any desire to speak with the danger of causing scandal to others, and often spend weeks questioning if something I know should be shared. Suffering is welcomed, and largely ignored: I can't even begin to tell you how sick I've been this week due to new Medication, but, I also see the sickness as an unexpected blessing. Generally, if I'm not praying, I'm trying to focus my conversation on spiritual matters, or listening to religious podcasts, or reading theology or the writings of the Saints. I'm in the fourth mansion, but, on occasion, I'm invited into the fifth. Those glimpses of the fifth make me deeply-ashamed that I thought there was any value in even the highest pleasures the world have to offer.