The God pill

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
RCIA introductory meeting at the local parish is in two days. I haven't registered and am still being indecisive. Does the fact that I don't feel an overwhelming urgency imply that I'm not ready? I don't think it would be ideal to just keep reading Christian books indefinitely, but years of being a NEET pulls me in that direction and the memevirus precautions are offputting.
I'd 2nd redbeard. You go to learn, and discern your intent. It's a concrete action which is better in your case because you need to balance the knowledge with getting out there.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Also just be aware that he is completely unbiblical in regards to women:

Those are his sources:

He plays word games with the Greek when it comes to this subject. Beware.
I've actually never read any of his articles about women in the church, so I can't vouch for any of that. But in regards to dealing with general Biblical issues and common objections, his site's a good resource.

A lot of evangelical apologist types seem to have this weird weak point when it comes to feminism. I think it's because their natural reaction to skeptical objections about how "the Bible can't be true because it's sexist!" is to get overly defensive and try to explain how the Bible is really "super progressive about women!" or some such thing, instead of calling out the skeptic's base assumption that feminism is good.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
I've actually never read any of his articles about women in the church, so I can't vouch for any of that. But in regards to dealing with general Biblical issues and common objections, his site's a good resource.

A lot of evangelical apologist types seem to have this weird weak point when it comes to feminism. I think it's because their natural reaction to skeptical objections about how "the Bible can't be true because it's sexist!" is to get overly defensive and try to explain how the Bible is really "super progressive about women!" or some such thing, instead of calling out the skeptic's base assumption that feminism is good.
He really plays with the meaning of the Greek to rationalize away the headship of husband over wives to just mean "source" and also enables women to head the church as well as become priests.

Because "authentein" isn't "exousuia". So yes he completely goes into heresy in this one area. Type that into Google and you will find plenty of feminist publications doing the same thing to justify egalitarian sex roles.

If the spirit of God is in him he will be corrected. But if over his lifetime he doesn't change his position. He is definitely damned

RKS

If you have an hour this is a nice bible drama about King Hezekiah and the Assyrians who had surrounded Jerusalem. This is during the time of the Prophet Isaiah (700-800 B.C. ish)

Anomaly

Pigeon
I'd 2nd redbeard. You go to learn, and discern your intent. It's a concrete action which is better in your case because you need to balance the knowledge with getting out there.
I just went to my first RCIA class last night and I enjoyed every minute of it. It’s being run by a deacon, his wife, and two church members. There are only two students, another guy from my town and me. Everyone told their story and they allowed me ample time to explain myself.

It’s my first time in this thread. Roosh hit the nail on the head in the OP. I never had much of a blue pill phase though, but the black pill lead me to the god pill. I am still red pilled in a sense considering I look at the world as it is, no matter how bitter the truths about it are. Political correctness and liberalism are scourges on mankind and ungodly; they are cancers of the intellect, I believe.

We ended our class last night with St. Michael the Archangel’s prayer which truly hit home with me.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
I do wonder why the supernatural seems so rare in the west compared to other countries where Christianity has a presence?

Perhaps its just the simple fact that the Gospel is breaking new ground? In the same way it was doing so in the Book of Acts?

And then it becomes rare again because God has established his Gospel in that place.

I do wonder why the supernatural seems so rare in the west compared to other countries where Christianity has a presence?
I think because we talk the supernatural out of everything, and people in more traditional cultures talk the supernatural into everything. For example, at a remote location I used to work at, my coworkers would ironically offer sacrifices to local woodland spirits to keep them from meddling in our work. Leaving little candy bars or spare change on a makeshift altar.

One day we made a trip out there with a new guy, and he didn't know what the altar was for, so he pocketed several dollars worth of spare change and a Pez dispenser, then came and told us about it. Almost immediately, it stopped raining and the sun came out from behind the clouds. We were working in the middle of nowhere with no shelter so that was a big deal.

"God is rewarding us for putting a stop to this pagan nonsense," I explained to my coworkers. And that's how a medieval peasant would have explained it, too. But to most enlightened Westerners? Coincidence. And everything else is coincidence, too. Your uncle's cancer mysteriously went away? Coincidence. Your house is haunted? Paranoia. And on down the line.

Even our most important encounters with the supernatural, -experiencing God through baptism and the Lord's Supper- still happen, but Western society has largely decided that we know better than that.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
I think because we talk the supernatural out of everything, and people in more traditional cultures talk the supernatural into everything. For example, at a remote location I used to work at, my coworkers would ironically offer sacrifices to local woodland spirits to keep them from meddling in our work. Leaving little candy bars or spare change on a makeshift altar.

One day we made a trip out there with a new guy, and he didn't know what the altar was for, so he pocketed several dollars worth of spare change and a Pez dispenser, then came and told us about it. Almost immediately, it stopped raining and the sun came out from behind the clouds. We were working in the middle of nowhere with no shelter so that was a big deal.

"God is rewarding us for putting a stop to this pagan nonsense," I explained to my coworkers. And that's how a medieval peasant would have explained it, too. But to most enlightened Westerners? Coincidence. And everything else is coincidence, too. Your uncle's cancer mysteriously went away? Coincidence. Your house is haunted? Paranoia. And on down the line.

Even our most important encounters with the supernatural, -experiencing God through baptism and the Lord's Supper- still happen, but Western society has largely decided that we know better than that.
Philosophical Induced blindness. Of the dominant Materialist and Mechanist kind.

This is only reinforced by the many fraudsters who would claim whatever they think happened is supernatural. Which is disproved by James Randi:

If only......

Facebook Introduces New 'Heresy!' Reaction Button

article-476.jpg

redbeard

Hummingbird
RCIA introductory meeting at the local parish is in two days. I haven't registered and am still being indecisive. Does the fact that I don't feel an overwhelming urgency imply that I'm not ready? I don't think it would be ideal to just keep reading Christian books indefinitely, but years of being a NEET pulls me in that direction and the memevirus precautions are offputting.
Hey @bomp, did you end up attending? How is it going?

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
I'd more say the west is being completely destroyed by its inability to sense the supernatural. The level of comfort and constant distraction provided by the West means that the majority of people won't have any sense of the Supernatural, and so are incapable of sensing God, or His action in their lives. Unfortunately, even many people who profess to be Christians are just as distracted, which is why you'll often run into people in Christian Communities who just don't get it and won't ever get it. The Catholic term for this is 'Cafeteria Catholics.' There's also people early in the spiritual life who are still trying to judge spiritual realities via their senses, particularly, their emotions, which is an absolutely useless measure of judgement. I'll let the Dominicans explain how St Thomas breaks this down.

Intuitive1 - Copy.jpg

They're talking about the Will, which resides in the Pneuma, or Spiritual Soul, which is the Intellectual Part of your Soul, as opposed to the Psyche, or Animal Soul, which is the Sensitive Part of your soul, and where all your emotions and memories reside. It's called Sensitive because it's entirely-sensory in nature. It can be influenced by the Demonic, whilst the Pneuma can't be. It can only be influenced by presenting sensory images and memory to inflame emotions to move the Will to choose Evil rather than Good.

The Spiritual Soul is made up of the Intellect and the Will. The Intellect combined with the Will allows us to make Free Decisions. The intellect is broken down into Reason, (or Cognition) and Intuition. Here's the difference explained.

intuitive2 - Copy.jpg

Note the difference: Cognition is based on sensory data. Intuition isn't: it clearly says it's beyond ideas or images. This is information that is processed and understood on a pure spiritual level. I've been gradually operating in this manner for a good 20 months now: I haven't been able to visualize images since Jan 2019, once I was pulled into what is known as 'the Dark Night of the Senses.' God shuts down your understanding via imaginative and sensory data to force you to adapt into a spiritual mode of understanding. It's brutal to first experience, but if people understand that this process is God's Will and entirely normal, then the transition is eased somewhat.

What you gradually do is start processing everything you see through a spiritual lens, so people, events and circumstances are understood on a spiritual, rather than a sensitive level, and your emotions are activated less. You gain a deeper understanding of events with little effort on your part - because God is at teaching you directly - and, as such, the things that deeply-upset beginners on an emotional level, are understood simply and effortlessly. A good example is the reason hysteria over the Pope's last encyclical: there's nothing in it which isn't the Catholic Faith and didn't remotely upset me. Two years ago though?

As your Intuitive / Contemplative Intellect strengthens, your life becomes clearly supernatural. I have friends who, whilst not yet practicing, can see when God chooses to act through me enough to believe in Him. I have hundred of examples by now of where situations, people and events were moved into place around me to achieve God's Will.

Now, how do you strengthen the Intuitive Intellect enough to sense God clearly? The analogy I told some friends recently was simply to think of it as working out a muscle: if you do a few sets on one day, you're not going to see instant progress and will often feel like nothing is happening at all. But, if you work out that muscle regularly for two years, somewhere in that timeframe you're suddenly going to notice there has been a change and, often, a surprising one.

For beginners, your three Workouts are: The Rosary, Catholic Meditation and Eucharistic Adoration. You are setting aside time to give up 'your will' and focus on God. Do them consistently, even if you 'feel' nothing. God will initially reward you with Sensible Consolations - you might find yourself weeping gentle tears, or suddenly have a deep understanding of a piece of scripture, or you will be filled with joy, or you might start praising him in a complex manner that seems to come from somewhere beyond you. He wants to encourage you to continue. He'll alternate this with periods where nothing happens at all and the prayers seem 'dry'.

Being blunt, it's better if it is boring and you think nothing has happened. I remember how excruciating the 15 minutes of five mysteries of the Rosary was originally. It seemed to cause physical pain to sit there throughout it when there were so many other things I wanted to do. Now? I pray the full 15 mysteries each morning. On a good day, I can spend 5 hours in prayer, spaced throughout the day. I spend an hour in front of the Eucharist most mornings, engrossed in God.

Why was this initially so hard? Because, like most Westerners, I live in comfort, surrounded by thousands of distractions, all of which dull the intuitive intellect, since it's all sensory information. To find God, you need to be uncomfortable, and to be in stillness and silence. It's the only way. Most people are going to struggle to give up 'the world' to give God their full attention when a dopamine hit is just a mobile phone click away. Part of what helped me was learning to always choose the difficult and uncomfortable over the opposite.

The Left are like they are because they are completely sense driven, meaning, their emotions are easily inflamed and they're distracted by a constant input of sense information, easily moving their will to focus their attention on the sensitive information.

What you have to do as a Catholic to conquer your animal soul, is to mortify - 'put to death' - your worldly desires. This isn't easy - it's considered 'doing violence' to yourself. I put this into effect early after First Justification ('Conversion'). St Teresa of Avila maps it out in three areas to concentrate on, and all Catholic are encouraged to do this during what is known as the First Spiritual Age - the Purgative Way.

The first area is 'Mutual Love'. You make the effort to stop judging people by sensory information, to see everyone as a child of God - saint and sinner alike - and to put yourself in the last place in any situation, to not defend yourself when criticized, to not correct other people's low opinion of you, to always forgive others for the injuries they cause you, and to learn to love not selfishly, but to love with true love - willing the good of the other before your own.

The second area is Humility. You have to learn to be obedient, since pride causes disobedience and was the first sin. You accept you can't always have things your way, and shut up and listen to your Priest and trust in the Church. All else is the Devil. Any excuse you can find to turn a situation into a moment to force yourself to shut up and obey becomes a great boon.

The third area is 'Detachment'. Work out what you have an unhealthy attachment to, and crucify that desire. Deny yourself. Offer it your sacrifice for God. Even as far as I've gone, I still find I'm attached to the wrong things at times. I recently mailed Leonard a game called 'Days Gone' that I wasted a lot of time with, knowing I needed to give it up, and it seemed to be the last video game that had held any interest for me for a year. Giving it up was painful. I lasted about three days, then found it for sale on the Playstation Store very cheaply, and bought it. "Well it's cheap." God had the last laugh, being strong for me: when I eventually sat down to play it - cause Leonard and I had the unfortunate side effect of getting everyone else on the Discord into the game - I was bored out of my mind by it, and it held no more attraction.

The last point is key: God wants us to make a strong effort, but also understands our weakness, and wants us to understand we can do nothing without him. So, we try our best, then, all of a sudden, it all comes crashing down, and all your efforts suddenly seem for nought. This is your entry in the Illuminative Way. God has shown you how weak and feeble your own efforts are, and now he wants you to let Him take over for you. Your imagination will be shut down and your memory will start to be purified ('The Dark Night of the Senses' - Second Justification) and he will then detach you from worldly things Himself - a very painful process - but it won't happen unless you make a good effort and have remained faithful in prayer and meditation - which is why it never happens to a percentage of Catholics. They can no longer imagination or feel anything from God, so this is where the majority of people fall away, never to advance any further. God has weaned them off the sweet milk of consolation, put them down, and is know encouraging them to walk, and because it no longer 'feels good', they give up.

I went through the first Age in seven months. I know a guy who has been Catholic for over 10 years, and still is obsessed with What the Freemason Pope has done now. He has no intuitive sense of God at all.

Does the Western World make a little more sense now? A world that is constantly distracted by mobile phones and devices and twitter and forums cannot ever be still and silent enough to know God. A hypersensitive world that can't bear to mortify their will against even the slightest personal discomfort can also, never know God, because it won't go through the painful process of purification. God won't force anyone against their will, and it takes a level of deep heroism and ability to suffer pain to be able to endure what God will do to you.

I've recently crossed into 'The Dark Night of the Soul / Spirit' or Third Justification. This is where God pulls out sin from the very root. He completely withdraws Himself from you. All is darkness, fear, abandonment. He revealed more repressed memories from my childhood - it turns out being serially raped by an older neighbour was not the worst thing that ever happened to me. Everything about myself and my past is being burnt away, and it's very much like dying, because *I am*. All I can do is hunker down, and, no matter how dark things seem, tell him I trust in Him and His will be done, no matter how long it takes, knowing that I will no longer feel anything positive at prayer, contemplation or mass. Even if He does grant contemplation, I still doubt it means He loves me. St Teresa of Calcutta spend *fifty years* in this state. The writing of the Saints on this period for the soul are horrific. I'm trying to focus on understanding the Darkness - sometimes called 'Seeing through a Glass Darkly' or 'The Cloud of Unknowing', as, rather something that is opposed to Him, as being a component part of Him, and, therefore, to be embraced rather than feared.

At the other end of this, God gives me *everything* back that I gave up, all of it now correctly-ordered with him as the First Cause and Last End. With that, the soul now has constant knowledge of God, and goes through the three unitive stages of prayer until it possesses full union with God. Only then is God's work in the soul complete, in terms of purification.

It takes as long as it takes. It's horrible, but it's good and necessary, and I encourage all Catholics to do whatever it takes to awaken their intuitive intellect.

God is all that matters now. If anyone can spare me a prayer to God to help me through this purification, I'd appreciate it.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
I recently tried to explain Contemplation to a friend who was asking about it. I'll copy paste, because I'm short for time:

[8:22 AM]
OK, I was praying the Rosary as I walked, was called to sit on a rock there and looked out over the valley. So, this was Contemplation calling. And, remember I said it can't be described in human words, only via metaphor? So this is what I then saw:

[8:22 AM]
The hill overlooks a flat plain to the east, and there was a strong breeze today, which causes a warm updraft. There's a lot of hawks on the hill. Now, think of yourself as a Hawk, wanting to soar with God. You'd jump in the air and flap your wings, and gradually ascend. This is your usual early grades of prayer, rosary and meditation. But what do the Hawks do on a day like today?

[8:23 AM]
They are flying and find themselves swept up in an updraft. So they ride the updraft up with little effort, then reach a point where their bodyweight is carried enough by the updraft that they can just rest in it without falling. They no longer flap their wings, and just hang, suspended in the updraft. No physical exertion required on their part whatsoever

[8:24 AM]
That's contemplation
. You sense the updraft (God). It lifts you, and you hang, suspended, doing nothing in silence and stillness. No effort required. It's pointless to try and flap your wings (praying, making devotions, asking for things). You just let the updraft do all the work.

[8:24 AM]
Note that you can't do this unless you sense the updraft is there

[8:25 AM]
When God is done, He let's go, and you fall, much like the Hawks will suddenly dive bomb when the breeze stops.

[8:25 AM]
I jerked on the rock I was sitting on when God 'let go'.

[8:26 AM]
Now, if Contemplation is really strong, you wouldn't be able to flap your wings even if you wanted to.

[8:27 AM]
You just want to float on the updraft, trusting that you don't need to flap, and suspecting that flapping might interrupt the natural lift you're undergoing

[8:28 AM]
I hope that's a useful analogy. So, as boring as Meditation can seem at times, you're working towards God eventually sending the lifting winds your way, and he'll do it in His own time. Keep Meditating, and it will strengthen the Intuitive Intellect, and that will enable you to be still when the updraft finally comes

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
I'd more say the west is being completely destroyed by its inability to sense the supernatural. The level of comfort and constant distraction provided by the West means that the majority of people won't have any sense of the Supernatural, and so are incapable of sensing God, or His action in their lives. Unfortunately, even many people who profess to be Christians are just as distracted, which is why you'll often run into people in Christian Communities who just don't get it and won't ever get it. The Catholic term for this is 'Cafeteria Catholics.' There's also people early in the spiritual life who are still trying to judge spiritual realities via their senses, particularly, their emotions, which is an absolutely useless measure of judgement. I'll let the Dominicans explain how St Thomas breaks this down.

View attachment 26032

They're talking about the Will, which resides in the Pneuma, or Spiritual Soul, which is the Intellectual Part of your Soul, as opposed to the Psyche, or Animal Soul, which is the Sensitive Part of your soul, and where all your emotions and memories reside. It's called Sensitive because it's entirely-sensory in nature. It can be influenced by the Demonic, whilst the Pneuma can't be. It can only be influenced by presenting sensory images and memory to inflame emotions to move the Will to choose Evil rather than Good.

The Spiritual Soul is made up of the Intellect and the Will. The Intellect combined with the Will allows us to make Free Decisions. The intellect is broken down into Reason, (or Cognition) and Intuition. Here's the difference explained.

View attachment 26033

Note the difference: Cognition is based on sensory data. Intuition isn't: it clearly says it's beyond ideas or images. This is information that is processed and understood on a pure spiritual level. I've been gradually operating in this manner for a good 20 months now: I haven't been able to visualize images since Jan 2019, once I was pulled into what is known as 'the Dark Night of the Senses.' God shuts down your understanding via imaginative and sensory data to force you to adapt into a spiritual mode of understanding. It's brutal to first experience, but if people understand that this process is God's Will and entirely normal, then the transition is eased somewhat.

What you gradually do is start processing everything you see through a spiritual lens, so people, events and circumstances are understood on a spiritual, rather than a sensitive level, and your emotions are activated less. You gain a deeper understanding of events with little effort on your part - because God is at teaching you directly - and, as such, the things that deeply-upset beginners on an emotional level, are understood simply and effortlessly. A good example is the reason hysteria over the Pope's last encyclical: there's nothing in it which isn't the Catholic Faith and didn't remotely upset me. Two years ago though?

As your Intuitive / Contemplative Intellect strengthens, your life becomes clearly supernatural. I have friends who, whilst not yet practicing, can see when God chooses to act through me enough to believe in Him. I have hundred of examples by now of where situations, people and events were moved into place around me to achieve God's Will.

Now, how do you strengthen the Intuitive Intellect enough to sense God clearly? The analogy I told some friends recently was simply to think of it as working out a muscle: if you do a few sets on one day, you're not going to see instant progress and will often feel like nothing is happening at all. But, if you work out that muscle regularly for two years, somewhere in that timeframe you're suddenly going to notice there has been a change and, often, a surprising one.

For beginners, your three Workouts are: The Rosary, Catholic Meditation and Eucharistic Adoration. You are setting aside time to give up 'your will' and focus on God. Do them consistently, even if you 'feel' nothing. God will initially reward you with Sensible Consolations - you might find yourself weeping gentle tears, or suddenly have a deep understanding of a piece of scripture, or you will be filled with joy, or you might start praising him in a complex manner that seems to come from somewhere beyond you. He wants to encourage you to continue. He'll alternate this with periods where nothing happens at all and the prayers seem 'dry'.

Being blunt, it's better if it is boring and you think nothing has happened. I remember how excruciating the 15 minutes of five mysteries of the Rosary was originally. It seemed to cause physical pain to sit there throughout it when there were so many other things I wanted to do. Now? I pray the full 15 mysteries each morning. On a good day, I can spend 5 hours in prayer, spaced throughout the day. I spend an hour in front of the Eucharist most mornings, engrossed in God.

Why was this initially so hard? Because, like most Westerners, I live in comfort, surrounded by thousands of distractions, all of which dull the intuitive intellect, since it's all sensory information. To find God, you need to be uncomfortable, and to be in stillness and silence. It's the only way. Most people are going to struggle to give up 'the world' to give God their full attention when a dopamine hit is just a mobile phone click away. Part of what helped me was learning to always choose the difficult and uncomfortable over the opposite.

The Left are like they are because they are completely sense driven, meaning, their emotions are easily inflamed and they're distracted by a constant input of sense information, easily moving their will to focus their attention on the sensitive information.

What you have to do as a Catholic to conquer your animal soul, is to mortify - 'put to death' - your worldly desires. This isn't easy - it's considered 'doing violence' to yourself. I put this into effect early after First Justification ('Conversion'). St Teresa of Avila maps it out in three areas to concentrate on, and all Catholic are encouraged to do this during what is known as the First Spiritual Age - the Purgative Way.

The first area is 'Mutual Love'. You make the effort to stop judging people by sensory information, to see everyone as a child of God - saint and sinner alike - and to put yourself in the last place in any situation, to not defend yourself when criticized, to not correct other people's low opinion of you, to always forgive others for the injuries they cause you, and to learn to love not selfishly, but to love with true love - willing the good of the other before your own.

The second area is Humility. You have to learn to be obedient, since pride causes disobedience and was the first sin. You accept you can't always have things your way, and shut up and listen to your Priest and trust in the Church. All else is the Devil. Any excuse you can find to turn a situation into a moment to force yourself to shut up and obey becomes a great boon.

The third area is 'Detachment'. Work out what you have an unhealthy attachment to, and crucify that desire. Deny yourself. Offer it your sacrifice for God. Even as far as I've gone, I still find I'm attached to the wrong things at times. I recently mailed Leonard a game called 'Days Gone' that I wasted a lot of time with, knowing I needed to give it up, and it seemed to be the last video game that had held any interest for me for a year. Giving it up was painful. I lasted about three days, then found it for sale on the Playstation Store very cheaply, and bought it. "Well it's cheap." God had the last laugh, being strong for me: when I eventually sat down to play it - cause Leonard and I had the unfortunate side effect of getting everyone else on the Discord into the game - I was bored out of my mind by it, and it held no more attraction.

The last point is key: God wants us to make a strong effort, but also understands our weakness, and wants us to understand we can do nothing without him. So, we try our best, then, all of a sudden, it all comes crashing down, and all your efforts suddenly seem for nought. This is your entry in the Illuminative Way. God has shown you how weak and feeble your own efforts are, and now he wants you to let Him take over for you. Your imagination will be shut down and your memory will start to be purified ('The Dark Night of the Senses' - Second Justification) and he will then detach you from worldly things Himself - a very painful process - but it won't happen unless you make a good effort and have remained faithful in prayer and meditation - which is why it never happens to a percentage of Catholics. They can no longer imagination or feel anything from God, so this is where the majority of people fall away, never to advance any further. God has weaned them off the sweet milk of consolation, put them down, and is know encouraging them to walk, and because it no longer 'feels good', they give up.

I went through the first Age in seven months. I know a guy who has been Catholic for over 10 years, and still is obsessed with What the Freemason Pope has done now. He has no intuitive sense of God at all.

Does the Western World make a little more sense now? A world that is constantly distracted by mobile phones and devices and twitter and forums cannot ever be still and silent enough to know God. A hypersensitive world that can't bear to mortify their will against even the slightest personal discomfort can also, never know God, because it won't go through the painful process of purification. God won't force anyone against their will, and it takes a level of deep heroism and ability to suffer pain to be able to endure what God will do to you.

I've recently crossed into 'The Dark Night of the Soul / Spirit' or Third Justification. This is where God pulls out sin from the very root. He completely withdraws Himself from you. All is darkness, fear, abandonment. He revealed more repressed memories from my childhood - it turns out being serially raped by an older neighbour was not the worst thing that ever happened to me. Everything about myself and my past is being burnt away, and it's very much like dying, because *I am*. All I can do is hunker down, and, no matter how dark things seem, tell him I trust in Him and His will be done, no matter how long it takes, knowing that I will no longer feel anything positive at prayer, contemplation or mass. Even if He does grant contemplation, I still doubt it means He loves me. St Teresa of Calcutta spend *fifty years* in this state. The writing of the Saints on this period for the soul are horrific. I'm trying to focus on understanding the Darkness - sometimes called 'Seeing through a Glass Darkly' or 'The Cloud of Unknowing', as, rather something that is opposed to Him, as being a component part of Him, and, therefore, to be embraced rather than feared.

At the other end of this, God gives me *everything* back that I gave up, all of it now correctly-ordered with him as the First Cause and Last End. With that, the soul now has constant knowledge of God, and goes through the three unitive stages of prayer until it possesses full union with God. Only then is God's work in the soul complete, in terms of purification.

It takes as long as it takes. It's horrible, but it's good and necessary, and I encourage all Catholics to do whatever it takes to awaken their intuitive intellect.

God is all that matters now. If anyone can spare me a prayer to God to help me through this purification, I'd appreciate it.
I do notice that for a long time now ever since I knew Jesus Christ. Comforts are gradually being taken away. Many video game series got taken over by subversives forcing me to spend less time on those things.

Likewise every time I do end up failing temptation. And I pray for help. He takes the worst of it away. I thank God but my flesh doesn't. So it ends up being painful but far less painful than your experiences.

Being Christian is very uncomfortable. Confronting the evil within especially so. But being a babe my trials are relatively light.

While I am not Catholic .Thank you anyway. Your comment has been very informative.

Last edited: