The God pill

NoMoreTO said:
I tried to search out the denomination 'Advent Catholic' , but I just received results for the season of Advent. Anyone know about this group?

They're one of many vagante, faux-Catholic or faux-Orthodox churches run by somebody who got a supposedly valid ordination from some bishop who got kicked out of whichever Church he previously belonged to.

The problem with these churches is that when there's only five or ten members worldwide and four of them are bishops, there's no one to keep them from going completely off the rails. Sadly, a large portion the liturgical materials used by English speaking Orthodox are produced by one of these groups, known as HOCNA.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
What are people's thoughts here about some of the celebrity conversion experiences we've seen recently?

https://www.faithwire.com/2019/10/0...rappers-radical-salvation-several-months-ago/

“[West] would say he knew about the things of God. … He said he was running from God,” Tyson explained. “[T]he first time I talked to him the first Sunday in June, he told me, ‘I got radically saved five weeks ago.’ I said, ‘Kanye, what happened five weeks ago?’ He said, ‘I was just under the weight of my sin and I was being convicted that I was running from God, and I knew I needed to make things right, so I came to Christ. I came out of darkness into the light.’”

https://www.christianpost.com/news/demi-lovato-baptized-jordan-river.html

"I am an American singer. I was raised Christian and have Jewish ancestors. When I was offered an amazing opportunity to visit the places I’d read about in the Bible growing up, I said yes," the multi-platinum singer wrote in the caption.

“There is something absolutely magical about Israel. I’ve never felt such a sense of spirituality or connection to God … something I’ve been missing for a few years now,” Lovato revealed. “To be baptized in the Jordan river — the same place Jesus was baptized — I’ve never felt more renewed in my life,” the former Disney star added.

Maybe 69 will be next, with all the things going on in his life right now

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
Fascinating possible way certain Psalms were originally played:

113 Praise ye the Lord. Praise, O ye servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord.

2 Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore.

3 From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised.

4 The Lord is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.

5 Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high,

6 Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!

7 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;

8 That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.

9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
worldwidetraveler said:
debeguiled said:
The trippiest thing about forgiveness is people can often forgive the big stuff and then remain raging maniacs about trivial little moments in their lives. I am still mad at a singing teacher who wouldn't let me sing with my eyes closed. I will never forgive him, and have no idea why.

I suspect your fellow students can't forgive your teacher for allowing you to sing either. I only say this because I am sucking up to Kona and want his likes.

When it comes to forgiveness and judging others, I try to make myself come up with different scenarios for why a person was acting like they did. Say a person cuts me off while driving and then flips me the bird. I could get angry and say what a jerk. Or I could think of some scenarios that could lead me to be doing the same behavior. Maybe I lost my job. Maybe I was trying to get to the hospital for a sick family member. Things like that and most times I am able to stop myself from automatically judging someone and not let that person's behavior affect me in a negative way.

Nope, still mad at the singing teacher.

Do forgive you for sucking up to Kona.

That is its own punishment.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
e92l2rsv1dr31.jpg

Matsufubu

Pelican
Protestant
^^^

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast
ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them
under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Matthew 7:6

Change my mind.

Deusleveult

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
gework said:

I never understood that mentality in atheists of "prove me wrong" when talking to Christians.
Why must I be the one to prove that God exists? Why don't they prove me that God doesn't exist instead?
Anyway what do you guys tell them when they start to debate about God and religion and want you to prove them that He exists?

VNvet

Kingfisher
Deusleveult said:
Anyway what do you guys tell them when they start to debate about God and religion and want you to prove them that He exists?

"Bless you guys. Have a nice day"

"Are you jewish?" > only if they look jewish.

N°6

Hummingbird
Atheists seem to be more obsessed with the Almighty than many theists are. It’s like a man going MGTOW and creating you tube content completely about women.

wwtl

Banned
N°6 said:
Atheists seem to be more obsessed with the Almighty than many theists are. It’s like a man going MGTOW and creating you tube content completely about women.

The signs contain a clear demand for evangelization.

Dr. Howard

Banned
Gold Member
gework said:

They are sitting there expecting a philosophical argument from another equally anemic looking Christian on a university campus.

If they set that table up outside of a children's hospital, homeless shelter or old folks home where people with heavy duty testimony would stop by their minds would be in for a real confrontation.

Setting this table up on a university campus is like setting up a table that says "bears suck, change my mind" at Lambeau Field.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Hmm. Solution time.

Find the biggest, blackest kween you can locate. Tell her that you saw these idiots and tried to explain to them that god is a black woman but these white kids laughed in your face and told you that she doesn't exist.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
The importance of good works after salvation:

This is why to do well in this life with God is important. We should get the best rewards that we can potentially get.

Our works have to be worthy of consideration and not bad works lest it gets burnt up.

Rather than losing such due to missed opportunities and bad workmanship in regards to the works that please God.