The God pill

Tex

Kingfisher
Gold Member
You have a dominion of control. There are things within your control right now.

If you waste time and energy on things outside of your control, you narrow the control you actually have. You lose any ability to influence anything.

If you stick to influencing the things God gave you influence over, your scope of influence increases, and then you can touch “bigger” things.

And be careful when you talk and think about God so that you aren’t just talking about an idiotic, schizophrenic, judgmental thing in your imagination.

You’ll know your conception of God is right if God as you know Him is bigger than you. You can’t think of God. You can only behold Him.

You can’t pray to your idea of what God would look like if you wrote the universe and controlled it. You can’t pray to your thoughts.

Like talking about fixing “the mess” the world is in. Do you think Christ worries about it? Do you think God worries about it? “Well of course not because God is beyond those things.”

That’s YOUR God, right? And you believe that YOUR God could simply fix everything just by speaking it, right?

Why are you worried about playing a role in fixing this mess for God then? Because you might fail a task God gave you and then end up in Hell? I hope not.

I hope you don’t think you can be a hero as God’s only hope for fixing this mess and win this fight and then go to God and demand the credit you rightly earned for doing Him a favor.

This mess was given to you by God for your benefit, not His. You test yourself, you serve yourself. You don’t get to make the judgement call for which direction God wills it to go.

You’ll know which way he wants things to turn out when they happen. You will never be ahead of the curve. You will never get closure. Faith is a requirement.

If you worry or have anxiety about anything, you’re feeding into a Satanic mindset that will only have you frustrated with your life, frustrated with the gift God gave you.

Have the discipline to have peace and grace about things. God is not a weapon for you to wield so you feel superiority in the world or justify your ideology or condemn other people. And this is no place to create a tailor-made religion either.

God doesn’t only appear when you acknowledge or invoke him. He was here the whole time. You can follow Him or not follow him. You can emulate Christ or you can not. But you can’t live a life God doesn’t intimately know about.

He is there whether you give Him credit or not. He is why this mess of a world exists. He is why there is hope it’ll change. He is why it’s destruction would bring the human race to its rightful place. He is why truth exists.

If you’re confused and conflicted, you are doing that, not Him. His commands are absolutely clear and obvious. He works in mysterious ways but communicates plainly.

I was reading through the marriage service in the BCP today and this prayer made me smile:

1662 Book of Common Prayer said:
Look mercifully upon these thy servants, that both this man may love his wife, according to thy Word, as Christ did love his spouse the Church, who gave himself for it, loving and cherishing it even as his own flesh; and also that this woman may be loving and amiable, faithful and obedient to her husband; and in all quietness, sobriety, and peace, be a follower of holy and godly matrons. O Lord, bless them both, and grant them to inherit thy everlasting kingdom, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Not likely to hear something like that at a modern wedding.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
Amusing how times change, technology advances.
Yet whether it is Socrates bemoaning the giving of democracy to the foolish, or otherwise basic human nature.
Thousands of years later, some things remain the same :

Proverbs 20:14 - 'The customer always complains that the price is too high, but then he goes off & boasts about the bargain he got.'

Proverbs 20:21 - 'The more easily you get your wealth, the less good it will do you.'

Proverbs 21: 9 - 'Better to live on the roof than share the house with a nagging wife.'

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
Documentary about Christianity:

At 36:24. Cherem or Ban(Which applied to Amalek and Canaan) was pronounced by Christians in Pompeii as a curse against the city of sin.

God answered their prayers.

Not long after City was wiped out by Volcano.

:s

redbeard

Hummingbird
Catholic
Gold Member
CynicalContrarian said:
Amusing how times change, technology advances.
Yet whether it is Socrates bemoaning the giving of democracy to the foolish, or otherwise basic human nature.
Thousands of years later, some things remain the same :

Proverbs 20:14 - 'The customer always complains that the price is too high, but then he goes off & boasts about the bargain he got.'

Proverbs 20:21 - 'The more easily you get your wealth, the less good it will do you.'

Proverbs 21: 9 - 'Better to live on the roof than share the house with a nagging wife.'

Google the "Lindy Effect"

Sosa

Kingfisher
The deeper you get into the faith, the better you understand the depths of hatred and contempt Satan and his fallen angels have for mankind. We're dealing with fallen angel, alien intelligence that is world encompassing who are at war with Christ and are trying to get back into the heavenly realms. This is a concept that is very hard for even long time Christians to understand.

John 3:12 "But if you don’t believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?"

"I hate this place. This zoo, this prison ........ this reality ....."

They hate mankind so much because they themselves have already been judged and are banished to hell for eternity for rebelling against God.

They hate mankind because we are granted this special gift of salvation from our creator by only repenting of our sins. God knows we've been tricked into sin by these fallen angels, so he offers a way into his bosom. "Forgive them father for they know not what they do."

They hate mankind and have been working for thousands of years to keep as many humans as possible in the darkness - away from the light that is Jesus Christ, who is one and only way into the Kingdom of Heaven. If they cannot get in, they want to bring as many souls as possible down with them.

These Fallen Angels hate human beings.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
@Sosa

Angels saw the face of the Father in heaven. Early humans didnt. Hence enabling redemption and mercy where it probably didnt exist for angels. Who remained unrepentant anyway.

In regards to your comment about Angels being banished from heaven. Why is Satan permitted to appear in the divine council as shown in the book of Job?

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Jakub Schikaneder (1855–1924), Kontemplace

contemplation.jpg

wwtl

Banned
Leonard D Neubache said:
My main inner conflict these days stems from not knowing whether it's God's will that this earth be a mess or whether any of us should take the time to attempt to "correct" it.

If the latter, then to what extent? I know I'm responsible for me and my family, and to an extent my community, but what about my peoples or my nation (a transient concept, but bear with it).

Should I be a vocal/physical resistor against the grabblers and their influence or should I simply relinquish this world to the devil?

Before my conversion I was pretty worried about the global scale mess as well and how powerless I am against it. Beside other things that lead to taking the God Pill.

Two years have passed since and I pretty much know my purpose now and how God is going to use me - living in the belly of the beast of Western degeneracy - to leave a mark and turn things around into good.

All this happens on very small scale, nothing really newsworthy, but still farther reaching than what I could have ever done without Him, especially not by "voting". I think it was no accident, that God called me right after an election.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Is anyone else undertaking a sense of denied pleasure from guilty vices that's not explicable by the standard explanation of conscious or subconscious guilt?

Lately I've been feeling like the endorphin receptors have been shut off for all the stuff I know I shouldn't be wasting my time on. I asked for help to change but the delivery mechanism was... unexpected.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
^ Very soon after my conversion, I succumbed to masturbation. But the orgasm had zero pleasure at all, totally unlike any other time I did it. After that, it was easy to make the choice to stop for good.

Christhugger

Kingfisher
Catholic
I barely even steal glances towards girls at the gym anymore. This morning the college girls volleyball team was doing kettlebell thrusts right next to the track... I just jogged on by without turning my head! That would have been impossible before.

This doesn't even make much sense to me, because my wife is pregnant and sick, so the good marital lovin' hasn't been good at all lately... my body is very worked up about that, but still I somehow manage to resist ogling the gym girls.