The God pill

I have little to add to this thread but for my support of Roosh embracing his faith. I sincerely hope you can find peace through your relationship with God. With things being as bleak as they are in the world I see little alternatives to maintaining tranquility in one's life.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Leonard D Neubache said:
I don't want to dwell on it because it's a very touchy subject for some people, suffice to say that I hope that wise Catholics find a parish which is to the maximum extent kept at arm's length from the Vatican.

Some will attack me as being a subversive but a temple like this and it's altars are not designed by accident.

My only motivation is to ensure that men seeking God do not blindly put their trust in the Church as an organisation. At some point, perhaps soon, all Catholics will be forced to choose between God and the Vatican.

We have to understand that the church is comprised of men. Similar to any powerful organization it will be infiltrated by evil. At this point it may be more infiltrated then it has been in a long time.

The design of these places does indeed appear evil and subversive, but we can balance this with the thousands of beautiful catholic churches throughout Europe. The most important thing right now is that younger people begin going back to Church to create a needed Christian counter culture, I think it is happening, this forum is proof. I also think that the fact that Christianity has been thrown so far out the window culturally, makes it much clearer all the benefits it brought. Sad that we want what we don't have , and often don't appreciate it when we have it ( a spiritual ethic and standard in our society).

While I am Roman Catholic, I am also aware of the Protestant view that the Catholic Church could indeed become the whore of Babylon. On the other hand, we can see that the Catholic Church has been very strong on birth control and abortion, although possibly slipping on some other items. I am not theologically strong enough to know the difference. But we know them by their fruits.

At this moment we can only hope for a new pope. A couple of guys are hoping for a less globalist pope such as the African Cardinal below:

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
Disco_Volante said:
lex the impaler said:
However, how will you reconcile the fact that your earlier books are leading men to sin?

Men have to learn how to attract a girl and keep her attracted to him. Talking about "sin" won't keep a Christian girl from dumping your ass because she's bored. Men can't be competent at managing a relationship without extensive experience. I was a nice catholic boy and girls shit all over me and I never understood why lol. Men have to build their value, women do not.

Meekness is absolutely repellent to women, even nice Christian girls.

Men have to compete in many ways, I always found irony in the Church accumulating billions tax-free, then scoffing at men for having strategies to get women & money.

The priest is living tax-free, then judging us for all the hoops we have to go through to attract a mate? fuck that

I have an uncle in Medellin who was preparing to be a pastor in a local church in the early 2000s. Great and intelligent man. He dated a local christian virgin girl for a couple of years and was getting ready to get married and put a ring on it. I can account for his commitment and knowledge of the Gospel.

haha, a couple of months before the marriage, his girl turned out to be pregnant from a local bad boy who was into hip hop and rap. He followed the whole 'no sex out of wedlock', and the 'nice religious guy' and this was how the girl payed to him. Not only the girl but life in general.

He was so disappointed not only with that but with so many shady things in the 'religious community' that he followed the self-improvement path and quit the church. He basically bought a motorbike, let his hair grow out, worked out like a beast in the gym and banged Medellin in the 2000s. He dated with some of the hottest bitches I've seen. 20 years later he is in his 50s, still works out in the gym three times a week, goes out with girls in their late 20s and has a great lifestyle. When I visit him and go out with him he gets eye-fucked while I'm fucking invisible in my late 20s haha, I've got to work out soon!.

He's always been a dad model for me way before this manosphere even existed and the very little game I've always had has come from him.

He still believes in God and is very spiritual in his own way. Doesn't do drugs or alcohol. He is a great human being. His only sin is he hasn't been able to settle down or have children, but always has a new beautiful girlfriend every year. Nobody's perfect I guess.

But this is key for me. DON'T THROW AWAY THE RED PILL. Don't take for granted what that mindset can do for your life. I was an atheist but now I believe in GOD a lot, I feel thankful to him everyday and I've improved my relationships with my family and I'm basically cured of depression. I know for sure though that I have to be a man and act in this world to get what I want. Cheers.

Gotti

Sparrow
How do Christians reconcile that the Bible is a book written by men yet is claimed to be the word of God? How do we know that this book is actually God's words? Further, how do we know God's true meaning in the passages when the language can be interpreted in so many different ways?

I grew up Christian but could never reconcile the above. I always found the interpretation of the Bible to be arbitrary in my studies. I've never "spoken to God". All I know about God is what the Church and Bible have told me.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Gotti said:
How do Christians reconcile that the Bible is a book written by men yet is claimed to be the word of God? How do we know that this book is actually God's words? Further, how do we know God's true meaning in the passages when the language can be interpreted in so many different ways?

I grew up Christian but could never reconcile the above. I always found the interpretation of the Bible to be arbitrary in my studies. I've never "spoken to God". All I know about God is what the Church and Bible have told me.

If you go see a play, you see actual men saying things onstage as if they were thinking them up on the spot.

How do you reconcile this with the concept of playwright?

Gotti

Sparrow
debeguiled said:
Gotti said:

If you go see a play, you see actual men saying things onstage as if they were thinking them up on the spot.

How do you reconcile this with the concept of playwright?

I don't get the analogy. The actors could be just improvising and coming up with their own lines. They may not be faithfully representing the writing of the playwright. If they don't represent the playwright, the playwright may indicate that to the audience after the fact. The same is not true of God (in my experience).

Jones

Woodpecker
I first caught this forum, not for game or chasing pussy, (although I did and am grateful for what that's taught me about women) but because they spoke the truth.

Return of Kings knew there was something wrong with the world, that the world wasn't right for creating healthy relationships between men and women.

Back in 2016 I caught a glimpse of the God Pill. Just before the US election I attended church twice.

I saw the traditions, the marriages, the families, and thought that was all good and nice, certainly better than the complete submission of Islam, or the hedonistic homosexual lifestyles.

It no doubt it brought meaning to their lives - but I hadn't put it all together. I was still lost and not ready to receive the love of Christ.

Many major experiences and lessons learned since 2016, of which a few stand out: having a child, committing to the carnivore diet, learning that we are still fighting the invasive Jews for thousands of years...all of this has not only changed my life and outlook on it, but also my perspective on religion: on all the teachings of my Christian upbringing that I had discarded.

My kid is going to be raised in a world being destroyed by (((evil))), and by Christians who have (been led?) strayed from the teachings of Christ. I've only added fuel to this fire because I made the wrong choice in who I had him with and the circumstances - a lesson from God? Him testing me?

I could not build the foundation for a healthy relationship, and feel as though I have failed my son - but in my failure, I must persevere for his sake: Keep building, become a man of Our Father, and teach my son to receive the love of Christ.

Almost 5 years later, I've sought many truths. The ultimate truth is the word of Christ.

I've committed to reading the Bible. I look forward to every Sunday to gather and worship Him.

The sun was shining today, I'd just finished chopping up some firewood in my long process of eliminating the trees on my property slowly to avoid the neighbors noticing and having to get a permit, I figured I'd amble on over to Starbucks and write up a nice long post on this thread to disprove the existence of God and settle all this nonsense.

Then I was served by a bearded transvestite and took it as a sign from above to pick my battles.

Zevs

Sparrow
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son.
That whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

That is it, nothing else needs to be done, Christianity is the only religion, that calls for faith, every other religion calls for good works.

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

Our good works will not earn us a place in Heaven, only Faith in Christ.

doc holliday

Pelican
Gold Member
lex the impaler said:
I don't understand why the atheists feel the urge to contribute, even though they've been asked politely not to. Interesting path for you Roosh. I wish you the best. However, how will you reconcile the fact that your earlier books are leading men to sin? I might be wrong, but I view your situation as similar to that of St. Augustine.

Because atheists think they're smarter than us rubes who believe in God and can't help but come in and proselytize their bleak,depressing, nihilistic world view. All I have to do is look around me at all of the cultural and moral rot to see what a dismal failure the religion of "woke" atheists has wrought upon us.

Gotti said:

The old standard was:

Deuteronomy 18:21-22
21You may ask in your heart, “How can we recognize a message that the LORD has not spoken?” 22When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD and the message does not come to pass or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

Biblical prophets also predicted events in the near-future and within their lifetimes and within their own generation. So as to be able to ensure their accountability during the time they are alive.

He must also at the time do miraculous signs and wonders like Moses. If he doesn't then he would get executed.

Deuteronomy 18:17-20
17The LORD said to me: “What they say is good. 18I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. 19I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. 20But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

I find many of those prophecies valid and definitely from God because they line up with historical events. As per the video on the book of Daniel.

MikeS

Pelican
doc holliday said:
lex the impaler said:
I don't understand why the atheists feel the urge to contribute, even though they've been asked politely not to. Interesting path for you Roosh. I wish you the best. However, how will you reconcile the fact that your earlier books are leading men to sin? I might be wrong, but I view your situation as similar to that of St. Augustine.

Because atheists think they're smarter than us rubes who believe in God and can't help but come in and proselytize their bleak,depressing, nihilistic world view...

Is it any wonder some of us feel compelled to join the discussion when we're apparently described with such flattering terms by some of the Christians around here?
Hardly surprising that debates between very religious people and atheists never go anywhere positive - not much common ground can be found, there's obviously almost never any convincing of view points to realistically accomplish, and both sides think the other is a little... off.

I've been reading most of this thread and made a few posts myself, and I don't really remember any of us heathens heavily criticizing those who choose to believe in a god, most of us merely made a few counterpoints on specific areas or said a little about our own experiences and why we might have a very hard time turning to religion (I don't think you can will yourself to believe in a god, or God - that desire has to be genuine and be ignited by something, if you haven't grown up with it), despite its many historical societal and personal benefits.

In any case, I apologize for my posts here. I find the topic interesting, started reading and when I felt compelled to post a few opinions and experiences of my own, I forgot Roosh's original statement that he wanted the thread to be for believers.

Avoy

Robin
MikeS said:
In any case, I apologize for my posts here. I find the topic interesting, started reading and when I felt compelled to post a few opinions and experiences of my own, I forgot Roosh's original statement that he wanted the thread to be for believers.

You're right. He did open it up with exactly that: "This is for people who already believe in God and want to get closer to Him. (Atheists are free to create their own thread)."

The trouble here is that you can believe in God and not be fully aligned with a particular belief system or God Pill, as is being introduced. You can also "get closer to Him" by being honest with your intentions about seeking Truth.

The way of Inquiry
The Buddha warned strongly against blind faith and encouraged the way of truthful inquiry. In one of His best known sermons, the Kalama Sutta, the Buddha pointed out the danger in fashioning one's beliefs merely on the following grounds: on hearsay, on tradition, because many others say it is so, on the authority of ancient scriptures, on the word of a supernatural being, or out of trust in one's teachers, elders, or priests. Instead one maintains an open mind and thoroughly investigates one's own experience of life. When one sees for oneself that a particular view agrees with both experience and reason, and leads to the happiness of one and all, then one should accept that view and live up to it!

Maybe a better name for the God Pill is the Jesus Pill? Better to be clear than ambiguous. And if it's the Jesus Pill / Christianity... then what faction of Christianity is being encouraged and promoted? This way I and others can see if it's appropriate to contribute to the discussion or not. In any case, an Atheist who seeks Truth can also come to know God in time.

doc holliday

Pelican
Gold Member
Mike, my problem with non-believers is that they more often tend to be even more zealous in their views than religious people. Atheists really do think that they are smarter than everyone else and can answer all of life's questions with their pseudo science. Again, take a look around you at modern day Western society. It' s not a pretty sight is it. Degeneracy, self-centered behavior, moral relativism are all the fruits that have fallen from the tree of the atheist religion. On this forum, we have countless numbers of men who go to foreign countries outside of the realm of the Western world in search of places with more tradition, more spirituality, more community and stronger familial bonds. It is not an accident that the people who live in many of these places are far more religious than in the Western world where atheism is strong. These places have maintained their religious and spiritual traditions and Westerners are flocking to these places to try and find some meaning to their lives that their atheist societies back home have failed miserably in giving them. Feminism, LGBTQism, Climate Changism are all merely variants of Atheism in my opinion and these constructs have successfully poisoned the well in the West.

I respect your choice of non-belief but I find it difficult to see what good the arrogant dismal of God has done for our civilization. The Founding Fathers, upon creating the Constitution stated that it was meant only for a religious and moral people and that it is wholly unsuitable for any other kind of people. People in our society are broken, there can be no doubt about this and in my mind there is no doubt that it is the spiritual void promoted by the powers that be that is the primary cause. Atheists can worship such things as Hollywood celebrities and Barack Obama if they choose because, kid yourself not, the desire to believe in a greater power than themselves is innate to the human experience. Atheist can choose to worship these fake human constructs but I will choose to believe in God. With all due respect to you MikeS.

Avoy

Robin
What is this? Enjoying a night out drinking, partying, and having a bit of fun is now Satanic? Are we seeing the Devil in everything? I'm not trying to make this personal. I'm just trying to understand. Will the God Pill recommend men and women avoid anything that's not godly as it takes you further away from God? Say it ain't so. Many pleasures in modern life would not be condoned through a strict interpretation of the bible. I'll give it a rest for a few days and see how things evolve on this topic.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
FrankR said:
It seems preferable to believe in gods for whom we are but mere play things than in a God who loves us as a father.

Read the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

1. is imperfect, and wounds your ability to love God. In time, you should be bought out of it. People who get stuck here often think their sins are unforgivable, sinning against Charity, because they're really experiencing a form of Pride: they still can't humble themselves before God.

2. is imperfect, and God eventually withholds consolations of us to wean us off loving his gifts. He wants us to love Him alone, not his 'sweets'.

3. is known as Holy Fear, but the danger here is still in thinking your sins can 'wound god', meaning you love him tentatively

The Second Conversion and the (often times ridiculously-coincidental) guidance of the Holy Spirit seems to be steering me towards a fourth option, and a possible way out of the dark night of the senses. Probably too early to explain it yet, but it's there all throughout the Gospels. You love the Father with the audacious, unconditional love of a child.

I noticed this at Holy Hour recently: the strong, tall, bearded Alpha Widow Father scolding his young daughter, 4 or so, who had been misbehaving. A small tantrum. A minute or two later, she moves closer and reaches for his hand. He, without looking down, lifts her up, she puts her arms around his neck and rests against him, sure of his love. All is forgiven and forgotten.

This took me into Contemplation. I remember how unconditionally I loved as a child. At how easy it was to say "I love you" with full abandon.

----

This morning I woke up thinking I probably needed to explain to a friend who is having trouble approaching God due to his past sins the beauty of the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

I was also thinking about this concept that is playing on my mind: Parrhesia.

As I waited for mass to begin, I'd brought a book with me: "The Third Spiritual Alphabet" by Francisco de Osuna. This is obscure Spanish Mysticism from the 1500's. I was guided to buy it by a series of coincidences-that-weren't, and, reading the back blurb today, I understand exactly why: it's about recollection vs abandonment, exactly when I need to be figuring out which path to take.

I flicked it open at a random page, Page 46. It was describing what I was thinking Parrhesia is using the story of the Prodigal Son. I only got to read two pages or so, when mass started.

Today's Gospel, Novus Ordo Liturgy, Year C: The Parable of the Prodigal Son.

Note that I'm so used to this kind of thing by now, that I can't really say I was surprised.

I flicked back to the Osuna book just now. He suggested to read the parable and understand that this joyous reaction is how God welcomes a hardened sinner begging for mercy, not someone who is sincerely searching for him.

Not bad for a bunch of Snake-worshippers, really.

EndsExpect

Kingfisher
Zevs said:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son.
That whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
That is it, nothing else needs to be done, Christianity is the only religion, that calls for faith, every other religion calls for good works.
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6
Our good works will not earn us a place in Heaven, only Faith in Christ.

I started as an atheist and nihilist. Once I determined that the universe and history had a pattern to it, I began to search for God. As I evaluated each major religion, I kept finding this... If you do X, God will give you Y, equation built into each of them. That seems to me as if it's designed to control human behavior and nothing more.

I want to point out that faith is itself a good work. It is my belief today that faith comes from God. If a man like Roosh is moving towards faith, it's because God is calling him as a leader of men. I think that may be one of the reasons why Atheists hate Christianity more than any other religion. The idea that God has granted them faith, but has rejected the Atheist is... I am sure infuriating. I'm sure that makes many want to feed those who are chosen to lions... or failing that persecute them in some other way.

Read this and think on it.

Romans 8:28-30 n (ESV)
28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

EndsExpect

Kingfisher
AnonymousBosch said:
This morning I woke up thinking I probably needed to explain to a friend who is having trouble approaching God due to his past sins the beauty of the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

This parable is great for your friend, but is often uncomfortable to those who continually do things right.

Becoming closer to God requires an abandonment of arrogance and discarding the human idea of fairness.