The Google thread

Malone

Pelican
Gold Member
Not really a perfect fit, but he's talking about Google here. I am liking El Rato a lot more now that he's got that beard and has embraced shitlordery.

Google admits that workers listen to recordings from its Home smart speakers

[img=322x215]https://i2.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-co...0&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644,429&ssl=1[/img]

Google has confessed that it gives workers access to some audio recordings from its Google Home smart speakers. The technology giant said it uses language experts around the world to study a small number of audio ‘snippets’ from users. Google said this work helps with developing voice recognition and other technology in its Google Assistant artificial intelligence system, which is used in its Google Home smart speakers and Android smartphones. The assistant understands and responds to voice commands given to it, answering queries about the news and weather as well as being able to control other internet-connected devices around the home. In a statement, the company said a small number of anonymous recordings were transcribed by its experts, and revealed that an investigation had been launched after some Dutch audio data had been leaked. ‘We partner with language experts around the world to improve speech technology by transcribing a small set of queries – this work is critical to developing technology that powers products like the Google Assistant, Google said. ‘Language experts only review around 0.2% of all audio snippets, and these snippets are not associated with user accounts as part of the review process. ‘We just learned that one of these reviewers has violated our data security policies by leaking confidential Dutch audio data.

[img=270x358]https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-co...0&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540,715&ssl=1[/img]

‘Our Security and Privacy Response teams have been activated on this issue, are investigating, and we will take action. ‘We are conducting a full review of our safeguards in this space to prevent misconduct like this from happening again.’ Earlier this year, a report from Bloomberg revealed fellow tech giant Amazon also listens to some recordings of customer interactions with its voice-based assistant Alexa. Amazon confirmed the process and said it did so with a small number of recordings in order to help train the artificial intelligence’s responses. The firm said users are also able to review and delete recordings linked to their account via the Alexa companion app. On Monday, the NHS announced a new partnership with Amazon that will see verified health information based on the NHS website provided via Alexa. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the NHS needed to embrace technology, but privacy campaigners claimed it was a ‘data protection disaster waiting to happen’.

pitbullowner

Pelican
Roosh said:
In a serious move, Google is signaling that it will begin scrubbing its search results based on adherence to leftist dogma. Considering that most of you found me, or a blog related to me, through a search on game or travel, this will make it harder for men to find us.

Google is trying to improve the quality of its search results by directing review teams to flag content that might come across as upsetting or offensive.

With the change, content with racial slurs could now get flagged under a new category called "upsetting-offensive." So could content that promotes hate or violence against a specific group of people based on gender, race or other criteria.
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/242045578-story

Odd, I found you from reddit in 2014 when browsing /theredpill/ when you were put on their sidebar of authors to read. No idea that you could find this place via Google still. I gave up on them a few years ago and switched almost entirely to Yandex.com and duckduckgo.com

Bienvenuto

Pelican
Gold Member
Malone said:
Not really a perfect fit, but he's talking about Google here. I am liking El Rato a lot more now that he's got that beard and has embraced shitlordery.

FAAAAaaaaRRrrrCK!

Watch this Google guy fall back and back to ..
"I don't know"
"I don't know"
"Its just one person's opinion.."
"That quote was recorded without her permission.."

These guys are just going to weasel out of it and play for time.

Belgrano

Ostrich
Gold Member
Trump Pledges to Look into Google After Peter Thiel Accuses Tech Giant of ‘Treason’

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that his administration will look into whether Google is working with the Chinese government after billionaire and Facebook board member Peter Thiel accused the Silicon Valley giant of doing so.

Speaking Sunday at the National Conservatism Conference in Washington, D.C., Thiel, one of the president’s biggest supporters in the technology space, raised three questions that the search engine giant should be asked, according to Axios.

“Number one, how many foreign intelligence agencies have infiltrated your Manhattan Project for AI (artificial intelligence)?” asked Thiel.

“Number two, does Google’s senior management consider itself to have been thoroughly infiltrated by Chinese intelligence?”

“Number three, is it because they consider themselves to be so thoroughly infiltrated that they have engaged in the seemingly treasonous decision to work with the Chinese military and not with the US military,” he said.

The billionaire said those questions “need to be asked by the FBI, by the CIA.

Breitbart News tech correspondent Lucas Nolan reported:

Google has come under fire previously for its relationship with China, particularly the development of a censored Chinese search engine codenamed Project Dragonfly. During a speech before the Hudson Institute in 2018, Vice President Mike Pence criticized what he believes is China’s theft of U.S. technology, urging Gooogle to take action on the issue. Pence said during the speech that other business leaders are hesitant to enter the Chinese market “if it means turning over their intellectual property or abetting Beijing’s oppression.”

Pence called on Google to listen to these other leaders and that “more must follow suit.” He also called on Google to end the development of its censored Chinese search engine project known as Dragonfly: “For example, Google should immediately end development of the ‘Dragonfly’ app that will strengthen Communist Party censorship and compromise the privacy of Chinese customers,” said Pence.

In response to Thiel’s remarks, a Google spokesperson told CNBC: “As we have said before, we do not work with the Chinese military.”
"Looking into it" won't be enough.

Bienvenuto

Pelican
Gold Member
Sure, sure.. he's a Senator so he's a Globalist Jewish Shill, blah blah blah..

However this was hilarious.

Watch the Google rep. squirm. :banana:

Cumlluminates

Woodpecker
"Google has no political bias" -Google...

I guess Google thought that their election meddling was going to give her the win.

Eric Schmidt is known for being the CEO of Google from 2001 to 2011, Executive Chairman of Google from 2011 to 2015 and executive chairman of Alphabet Inc. from 2015 to 2017.

balybary

Pelican
Sometimes Google displays the answer to a user’s query at the top of a Google search result.

If the user just reads the Google answer, this is called a "No Click Search".

More than half of the Google searches are No Click Search, according to a study.

https://sparktoro.com/blog/less-than-half-of-google-searches-now-result-in-a-click/
Less than Half of Google Searches Now Result in a Click

Three trends are made clear by these numbers:

The percent of searches available as organic traffic from Google is steadily declining, especially on mobile.

Paid clicks tend to increase whenever Google makes changes to how those results are displayed, then slowly decline as searchers get more familiar with spotting and avoiding them.

Google’s ongoing attempts to answer more searches without a click to any results OR a click to Google’s own properties are both proving successful. As a result, zero-click searches, and clicks that bring searchers to a Google-owned site keep rising.
https://www.binaryfountain.com/blog/zero-click-searches/
What are No Click Searches?
No click, or zero-click, searches are a search engine result page (SERP) that displays the answer to a user’s query at the top of a Google search result. This kind of search result satisfies the user’s intent without having to actually click on any search result links.

For many content producers, this can be extremely frustrating

JiggyLordJr

Woodpecker
Google is for globalists and progressives. Aside from using YouTube and Google Maps, it's easy to unplug from their Big Brother-esque ecosystem:

- ProtonMail for email
- DuckDuckGo for searches
- Native applications for everything else

Happy I got out sooner than later; who knows what they're using your data for.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
JiggyLordJr said:
Google is for globalists and progressives. Aside from using YouTube and Google Maps, it's easy to unplug from their Big Brother-esque ecosystem:

- ProtonMail for email

I'd add:
-Brave for browser (Chrome is just another data miner just like google.com)
-qwant.com for search (I like it better than DDG. I've barely used google since I switched to qwant, whereas DDG's searches were lacking.)

Youtube is the hard one to replace right now because that's where the content is. But you can at least use Brave and not have to watch the ads.

Some may not like the presence of Jordan P. but the documentary "The Creepy Line

puckerman

Ostrich
Here is a very interesting development. The guy who often chats on the Red Man Group as DDJ has filed a lawsuit against Google because of their censorship. He is arguing that Google is a "state actor" because they are doing censorship on behalf of China, the European Union, and others.

You should definitely know about the Christchurch Call to Action Summit. Go here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchurch_Call_to_Action_Summit

The Christchurch Call is an open conspiracy of governments and companies to censor speech that they don't like. Some of the countries on the list are:

Australia
Canada
France
Germany
Indonesia
India
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Jordan
The Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Senegal
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom

Some of the companies involved in the conspiracy are:

Amazon
Dailymotion
Facebook
Google
Microsoft
Qwant
Twitter
YouTube

It is quite telling that such a conspiracy is out in the open. Do they really think they can get away with this?

He also points out that the British Government is a "trusted flagger" on Youtube.

demolition

Woodpecker
Athanasius said:
JiggyLordJr said:

- ProtonMail for email

I'd add:
-Brave for browser (Chrome is just another data miner just like google.com)
-qwant.com for search (I like it better than DDG. I've barely used google since I switched to qwant, whereas DDG's searches were lacking.)

Youtube is the hard one to replace right now because that's where the content is. But you can at least use Brave and not have to watch the ads.
BitChute for YouTube.

If you insist on using YouTube, then I'd recommend doing so via Invidio.us.

Since we're discussing it, this site has tracking scripts from Google Analytics, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, on it. There's a point where the cord has to be cut.

puckerman

Ostrich
Athanasius said:
Qwant is also part of the Christchurch Conspiracy. I will definitely avoid using that.

I like Duck Duck Go. You can still use Lycos and Excite, which were both out there several years before Google.

It's interesting to think about how or why Google got as big as it did. I naturally wonder what caused all this growth. It suddenly appeared and became the search engine.

Easy_C

Crow
JiggyLordJr said:

- ProtonMail for email

I'd imagine something like the plot of Winter Soldier.

Malone

Pelican
Gold Member
puckerman said:
Athanasius said:
Qwant is also part of the Christchurch Conspiracy. I will definitely avoid using that.

I like Duck Duck Go. You can still use Lycos and Excite, which were both out there several years before Google.

It's interesting to think about how or why Google got as big as it did. I naturally wonder what caused all this growth. It suddenly appeared and became the search engine.

As an old guy I will tell you as it appears to be lost in the Mists of Time.

Google is in its dominant position because back in the day it was a fantastically competent company. They nailed search long ago and in a lot of ways are just making it worse now by making it woke.

As someone who was around when it all came up, I can tell you that all the alternatives sucked hard. Google was (and is, really) - an Amazingly good search engine. Some of its competitors might finally be competitive (Bing, maybe) - but that was far from always the case.

Just kidding, it was da joos.

Easy_C

Crow
Well...it wasn't either-or.

A big part of the reason why Google's search functionality was superior is that they had NSA backing the other firms lacked. That's a distinct technological advantage.