The Google thread

RomikJan

Sparrow
Whats interesting is when the baught out nest, and forced all the users to migrate to a google account. You have to agree to all new terms or it wont work and your pipes will freeze. Saw thwt their thermostats have a microphone and each nest thermostat breaks over a 1000 piracy laws. They even sell it to 3rd party and claim no responsibility with what that 3rd company does with the data.

username

Ostrich
Gold Member
Impossible to find stats, studies or historical facts now. All you get is carefully curated "mainstream trusted sites"
Yep. Search for anything in the news and CNN is usually first, followed by Washington Post, New York Times, Atlantic, NBC, etc.. Everything brings up this same collection of sites with a slight change in ordering.

Search for anything conspiracy related or controversial and get hit with a bunch of "debunking" articles by Snopes, CNN, Washington Post, etc..

Meanwhile regular search results for non-news topics and non-controversial topics have degraded significantly as well. I have to add a bunch of negative terms (-keyword) to try to clean it up a bit but still fails most time. Lately Google also drops certain keywords randomly from my query making my narrow focused query more broad and inaccurate.

Seems Google results are now mostly about shaping people's opinion and not providing a actual results.

Roosh

Cardinal
Yep. Search for anything in the news and CNN is usually first, followed by Washington Post, New York Times, Atlantic, NBC, etc.. Everything brings up this same collection of sites with a slight change in ordering.

Search for anything conspiracy related or controversial and get hit with a bunch of "debunking" articles by Snopes, CNN, Washington Post, etc..

Meanwhile regular search results for non-news topics and non-controversial topics have degraded significantly as well. I have to add a bunch of negative terms (-keyword) to try to clean it up a bit but still fails most time. Lately Google also drops certain keywords randomly from my query making my narrow focused query more broad and inaccurate.

Seems Google results are now mostly about shaping people's opinion and not providing a actual results.
DuckDuckGo is much better. I switched over a year ago and still get pretty good results. The only thing Google is better on is searching through large internet forums.

Zep

Kingfisher
You might want to use the Brave Browser. It prevents a lot of the apps', tracking software and social media inputs that sites try to load. It quickens pageloads imo. This might help with Bitchute.
I'm trying Brave Browser now based on your recommendation. In my Gmail account it notifies me when I try to log into a specific site, up until now it has said something like "your x site was logged into by someone using Firefox", because I was in fact the someone using Firefox. Today I logged into the site using Brave, but the gmail message was "your x site was logged into by someone using Chrome" ? Chrome, not Brave? Is Brave not built on Chrome and if so should I be concerned?

this came up when I asked the question; "Brave is based on Chromium, and so are other viable alternatives like Vivaldi, Opera, and soon even Microsoft's Edge. That means each of those browsers supports Chrome extensions and provides performance comparable to — or, in the case of Brave, faster than — Google's Chrome.Mar 4, 2019 "

"Brave is based on Chromium" ... are there privacy implications I should be concerned about because of this?

This article exposes real privacy problems with Chrome:

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
I'm trying Brave Browser now based on your recommendation. In my Gmail account it notifies me when I try to log into a specific site, up until now it has said something like "your x site was logged into by someone using Firefox", because I was in fact the someone using Firefox. Today I logged into the site using Brave, but the gmail message was "your x site was logged into by someone using Chrome" ? Chrome, not Brave? Is Brave not built on Chrome and if so should I be concerned?
To hide it's footprint Brave uses the same Chrome user agent. The user agent is a description of your browser, which is typically sent every time you request a page.

DuckDuck has some code that can detect it, which I think is based on Brave nulling out some properties that are accessible via Javascript that can be used to browser finger print you. Note: it says Brave Chrome on the first line, though that is not included in the actual user agent.

I recommend using multiple browsers. I use:

Brave - for work
Dissenter - cloned from Brave by Gab - for my activities, like logging into RVF
Firefox - only used for logging into Google accounts. I have 3-4 separate accounts for different services I use for work

MRAll134

Woodpecker
Brave is based on Chrome, yes. I would only be concerned about bringing in add-ons. I try to keep my browsing really simple: Duckduckgo and Brave Browser. Bitdefender gets anything outside of that.

Zep

Kingfisher
To hide it's footprint Brave uses the same Chrome user agent. The user agent is a description of your browser, which is typically sent every time you request a page.

DuckDuck has some code that can detect it, which I think is based on Brave nulling out some properties that are accessible via Javascript that can be used to browser finger print you. Note: it says Brave Chrome on the first line, though that is not included in the actual user agent.

I recommend using multiple browsers. I use:

Brave - for work
Dissenter - cloned from Brave by Gab - for my activities, like logging into RVF
Firefox - only used for logging into Google accounts. I have 3-4 separate accounts for different services I use for work
Thanks.

Does Brave use any other aspect of Chrome other than this User Agent?

The article I linked up above states Chrome is a Google product ( and obviously has been caught spying )

I like Brave, it's really fast. Won't load comments to youtube videos though, which is fine most of the time, if I wish to read comments I'll switch to Firefox. But Firefox is horrible these days on Win 10 for some reason, the audio and video is out of whack on it. Brave plays back Youtube videos perfectly. I just don't want to conned into thinking Brave is not a Google product, when essentially it is.

acco

Woodpecker
Thanks for mentioning youtube-dl, I was unaware of it. I have now successfully installed and used it. Is there an equivalent tool for Bitchute ? Because Bitchute crashes very often on my computer.
It works with almost any other media platform. Some examples are
bitchute.com twitter.com tiktok.com instagram.com twitch.tv videopress.com banned.video libre.video
and it works with many TV stations as well.

If you want to see my configuration, please let me know.
(A "Video Download Thread" with all the tools would me fine)

andy dufresne

Woodpecker
This probably has been posted elsewhere but go on google and do the following image searches:

“White pregnant woman”
“European people history”
“White couple”

and then switch the race to chinese, hispanic, black, what have you. Incredible. It's amazing how blatant the fueling of 'White Hatred' is getting.

I use duckduckgo now. But when I do go to google I like to search for 'Google is a bunch of f**king sc*mbag d**ks*cking a$$muchers'. Surprisingly nothing shows up.