"The Great Reset" plan by the World Economic Forum

john_Jea

Pigeon
Another new thing I was made aware of are the new 2022 EU car regulations. They force producers to install a legion of real-time exhaust sensors, also high-tech security measures that suddenly are forced even on budget cars (this is a big problem if you consider all the safety measures that say the top Lexus LS has, but they want to force those expensive measures on the Yaris as well), then you have a CO2 tax that hits everyone from Renault Megane (10000$ tax) to Porsche 911 (30.000$). Even a frigging Toyota Camry Hybrid will be hit with an extra tax since it cannot fit the new insane norms.
Do you think this will be targeted mainly at personal vehicles or will this tax/regulations be imposed on tractors/trucks/heavy equipment? Also will ships and boats be affected by this?

I suppose the short time goal is to eliminate the freedom that that the car gives the plebs.

LeoniusD

Pelican
Do you think this will be targeted mainly at personal vehicles or will this tax/regulations be imposed on tractors/trucks/heavy equipment? Also will ships and boats be affected by this?

I suppose the short time goal is to eliminate the freedom that that the car gives the plebs.
AS noted before - the long-term goal is to shift everything to trains, eliminate most international or long-range trucking as well as international shipping. The Iceagefarmer posted a lot of content on them attacking heavy machinery like tractors which will make food production much more expensive and drive small farmers into bankruptcy. The big boys will be able to afford the new coming hydrogen tractors while you won't.

There is hardly much illusion about being able to create decent long-range electric cars. It's more likely that they will be replaced with hydrogen trucks and hydrogen tractors - meaning that it will be just more expensive. The same for the airlines that will survive - more expensive and later powered by hydrogen. In theory that could replace the combustion engine, but if you look at the tech - then it is much much more expensive and what I expect is that the big companies will get their hydrogen trucks while most smaller players won't be able to fuel and service them as the machines do have various complications vs a simple combustion engine that an illiterate mechanic from Somalia could maintain.

All the current tech is aimed to make everything far more expensive for the peasants with hunger-games-like results for the majority.

The future they envision has little private car travel, mainly essential vehicles - then mostly trains and potentially drones for local delivery replacing many drivers on top of the automatic cars and trucks they are planning.

The EU for example had a huge investment plan into hydrogen for the coming communist 7 year plan. There are hardly any of those cars around, but they are funding the infrastructure because they know that trucks or some high-end cars won't be surviving on those electric batteries or wanting to limit their range so much.

john_Jea

Pigeon
How long do you think we have until it will be impossible to get fuel, engine oil and other fossil fuel products?

Should one aim at selling all non essential cars before the 2022 regulations hit?

I was aware of the no fossil fuel cars by 2030 goal but man it's happening faster than I wanted to believe.

If driving a car becomes inconvenient I can imagine this would have a massive effect on real estate in car dependent communities, which would be most communities in America. Which would equate to roping everyone back into the urban centers, just as I had been expecting. This might explain why mayors have been so brazenly incompetent in their city management and don't care that people might leave the cities temporarily, they knew people would soon be forced back anyway.

kel

Ostrich
A few things are coming next.

Multiple EU countries have introduced new regulations which concern cash deposits: the employee or the automatic teller asks you where got the money from - donation, work, etc. Later on that will work on eliminating all grey work.

Another new thing I was made aware of are the new 2022 EU car regulations. They force producers to install a legion of real-time exhaust sensors, also high-tech security measures that suddenly are forced even on budget cars (this is a big problem if you consider all the safety measures that say the top Lexus LS has, but they want to force those expensive measures on the Yaris as well), then you have a CO2 tax that hits everyone from Renault Megane (10000$ tax) to Porsche 911 (30.000$). Even a frigging Toyota Camry Hybrid will be hit with an extra tax since it cannot fit the new insane norms.

The end result of this will be an extreme increase in costs for cars. And I doubt that the US will be far behind, so that is coming there as well.

And if you think that the electric cars will be a good solution to you, then this is only partly true. A little known dirty secret of electric cars are what happens to them after a collision. Even a relatively minor front collision results in a complete totaling of the car. Norway has a legion of totaled electric cars filling their junkyards - the reason being that they put in small print that any potential damage suffered makes it legally impossible to use the car post-accident. It concerns all electric cars and thus many completely fine cars are forced off the street making the driver suffer a complete loss. Thus it makes those cars even more expensive as you won't get much long-term usage out of them due to the regulations. It pays obviously for the new car users who have a fully insured model and don't care about anything from taxes, fees to car depreciation.

But that is all the goal - the future they envision is no private car ownership or the only ones you should afford are tiny Smart-like vehicles with limited range. Meanwhile the well-off will drive their Porsches and Bentleys which might cost 400.000$ or 600.000$ in current-day money. It will be similar to the old communist car market where most people drove crappy small local cars while the elite had access to the best Mercedes from the West. The same with future luxuries like beef or real food.

Electric cars wouldn't be so bad frankly if they did not coincide with this insane Great Reset agenda on top of it. The market would choose them anyway naturally since some offer certain advantages that people like - including me (direct acceleration, quietness etc). However this is clearly a malicious push similar to their push towards plant-foods and later insect foods. It's not about the environment or your health - it's about control.
The Prudentialist - some Canadian(?) kid with an often insightful Twitter and Youtube presence - did a short video I saw recently about this (as part of a greater "own nothing and have no escape" push), mentioned the Rush song Red Barchetta:

LeoniusD

Pelican
How long do you think we have until it will be impossible to get fuel, engine oil and other fossil fuel products?

Should one aim at selling all non essential cars before the 2022 regulations hit?

I was aware of the no fossil fuel cars by 2030 goal but man it's happening faster than I wanted to believe.
From what I could extract then selling your existing cars is not necessary. That is not how they are going to do it since the changes are being done simply with new cars. Ironically you could even see a Cuba-like car culture coming up in the future - at least for a while - until they shut that down too via high old-timer and youngtimer insurance premiums. (People will just keep their 2000-2020 petrol cars running as long as possible.) My guess is that the elite still want to continue driving their old classic petrol cars - even if the market will collapse due to the phasing out of the old models (collectors markets depend on a huge amount of upper middle class and even middle class collectors - not only top-tier ones - we could observe it in the stamp collectors market which essentially collapsed from the 1980s onward).

Frankly - the plan is to just drive the petrol cars as long as possible - enjoy it, save money using older models. It's very well possible that they will let you drive older reliable models for a long time anyway. In a way that would ba soft kill of the current automobile since they know that models are going to be phased out naturally.

All the 2022 EU regulations hit mostly new cars and their car prices - strangely enough you could import a massive-gas-guzzler 2018 car while your 2022 model would have to be super-taxed.

Thus they are forcing change by the wallet. Enjoy the cheap petrol age of easy transportation while it lasts gents. It shall get much more expensive in the future.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
From what I could extract then selling your existing cars is not necessary. That is not how they are going to do it since the changes are being done simply with new cars. Ironically you could even see a Cuba-like car culture coming up in the future - at least for a while - until they shut that down too via high old-timer and youngtimer insurance premiums. (People will just keep their 2000-2020 petrol cars running as long as possible.) My guess is that the elite still want to continue driving their old classic petrol cars - even if the market will collapse due to the phasing out of the old models (collectors markets depend on a huge amount of upper middle class and even middle class collectors - not only top-tier ones - we could observe it in the stamp collectors market which essentially collapsed from the 1980s onward).

Frankly - the plan is to just drive the petrol cars as long as possible - enjoy it, save money using older models. It's very well possible that they will let you drive older reliable models for a long time anyway. In a way that would ba soft kill of the current automobile since they know that models are going to be phased out naturally.

All the 2022 EU regulations hit mostly new cars and their car prices - strangely enough you could import a massive-gas-guzzler 2018 car while your 2022 model would have to be super-taxed.

Thus they are forcing change by the wallet. Enjoy the cheap petrol age of easy transportation while it lasts gents. It shall get much more expensive in the future.
I see a good market in open source automotive engineering. Lots of money to be made and no companies servicing it at the moment.

fireshark

Robin
The end result of this will be an extreme increase in costs for cars. And I doubt that the US will be far behind, so that is coming there as well.
I've long been wondering how they are going to react to the ever increasing number of people in the US who are moving out of cities, buying land, and homesteading.

While property taxes and restrictions over things like construction permits, solar energy, and water catchment are a real nuisance, and have reached ridiculous levels in some areas, alone they do not spell the coup de grace for this way of life that has risen in opposition to the gutting of the American industry and middle class and technocratic control.

Pricing and restricting people out of car ownership could be the coup de grace that will force then destitute people into stack & pack smart cities in droves.

Do you know if 2000-2020 cars will last as long as some of the classic cars from the 1900s-1970s? I've seen videos of Ford Model Ts from the early 1900s still running, and there are plenty of vehicles from the 50's, 60's still in great shape; though I'd imagine this is because the owners are car enthusiasts/hobbyists who actually know how to keep a car running. And I am not exactly sure how much maintenance has gone into these older vehicles. (To bring up the Ship of Theseus, are they even the same thing anymore if they have entirely new parts?)

I'd imagine that newer cars are less stable due to planned obsolescence and all that. Though there are exceptions such as the 2003 Ford Endeavour from what I've heard. How about cars from the last 5-10 years?

I know if petrol cars are banned from production, they will become scarcer over time and will be seen less on the roads, but if they are able to last a long time I think there could be a long-lasting resistance, like in Cuba as you already mentioned.

LeoniusD

Pelican
I see a good market in open source automotive engineering. Lots of money to be made and no companies servicing it at the moment.
Some Youtube car mechanics are doing certain things which make certain cars more reliable - saw a vid of one going through a new Cadillac Escalade doing additional rust-proofing, going through relatively frequent valve cleanings, changing some software settings as those are created to lower emissions slightly also impacting long-term reliability. There are already shops doing such things with Porsches, where they add sub-par parts wanting them to fail - those mechanics are just exchanging them with high-quality replacement parts.

Though you have to realize that most car mechanics make more money by servicing the current models more frequently which are made with planned obsolescence and now insane emission-restrictions in mind. Thus the reliability service model works mainly as a niche business for more expensive cars - and you require more clients for that since doing once those modifications essentially makes it less likely for that client to come back with serious issues.

All big car manufacturers could in fact produce cars that run one million miles. (or most - some are certainly sub-par) BMW, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Mercedes, Volkswagen - most have produced durable reliable models in the past. The most ecological way would be to have them driving for the longest time - especially if they have reached certain safety and comfort standards as in the higher-tier German cars beginning in the early 1990s. A Lexus LS from 2004 disregarding design is almost as silent as a new one.

But this is not where we are going. Toyota and Lexus are dragging their feet the most with regard to this obsolescence and that is why their cars do their best. (though rust is an issue with only the top LS models or SUVs being the best on that front)

Personally I don't even hate the new electric vehicles - you can do crazy things like sideways driving with the new Hummer EV - or have 4 independent electric motors built in with some experimental new EVs:

You can do things with a future EV that is impossible for a combustion vehicle - pretty sure that the future Porsches will have some day 4 electric motors installed and will be able to drive in near circles:

But unfortunately I know what stands behind all that push. They want the peasants to stop driving and you shall get only crappy boxy cars as depicted in the quite foretelling New Zealand tv series 'This is not My Life':

This is the future - only the wealthy or the good corporate and governmental stooges shall get the cool quad-motor car.

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
My vehicle is a gas sipper. My expectation is petrol prices will soar and more green taxes will likely be implemented.

Easy_C

Peacock
Where is this from? I know they are getting ready for a cyberplandemic but to remove cash by 2023 sounds a bit too "optimistic" on their part.
Armstrong private blog. He's been relatively ahead of the curve on the Great Reset and started calling it out before even we did.

And maybe so, but this could be accomplished with a cyberpandemic. Europe has already been moving in that direction with restrictions on large cash transactions and cancellations of larger denominations.

LeoniusD

Pelican
The war against 99% of the peasants is in fact this Great Reset - it is World War III.

The war against private cars is one field.
The war against tourism and peasant travel is ongoing - the covid passports are movement permissions that will get extended.
The war against meat is something they are after - currently the steps are as of yet not seen in the shelves, but it's impacting the real producers - they just shut down recently the biggest meat manufacturer in the US via a cyberattack (NSA created of course):

The war on the peasants under the guise of climate change, pandemicsw and racial justice is the weapons they chose.

It's not unlike the old marxist war for social justice and for the noble oppressed working class. Now it's for the noble oppressed mother earth, noble oppressed animals and noble oppressed diverse people.

One way they are doing it now in the EU is creating pig rights, you will have cow rights, chicken rights, dog rights, cat rights - finally you will have to have procreation rights - in the end even living rights as you will have to prove to the usury-fed-parasitic Satanic elite that you should be kept alive.