The growing reparations movement

If the American government pay black Americans reparations maybe black Americans will stop the whining and blaming.

Reparations will be interesting because then blacks will have nothing to complain about white americans, "we have paid you, so stop whining"

Who will black Americans blame next? Maybe the Africans.

Payment of reparations to black people, will be an admittance of guilt that all white people were involved in slavery which is false.

The reality is slavery was the sins of a few white and African elite and business class duringthe slavery era. so why should the middle class and poor suffer for the sins of a few elites.

It is a complicated matter.

My ancestors never owned slaves. Some of my ancestors came to America after slavery was abolished. At least one of my ancestors was in the Union Army from Maine and fought to free slaves.

I know a nice pharmacist, he's a Nigerian, he came to America when George Bush II was in the White House, should HE and his children get reparations?

It's been 155 years, what the hell do black people have to show for it?

In the same amount of time white people:

Invented the intercontinental railroad, the airplane, radio, television, the telephone, the lightbulb, the transistor, penicillin, refrigerators advanced rockets, and many other things!

Reparations would be the worst thing to happen to them.

For full disclosure, I am not American. From my vantage point, the mere notion of requesting for reparations would be an insult to any self respecting African American. The request imparts the view that African Americans are inherently incompetent, or lesser beings.

Any person regardless of skillset possessing measurable fortitude could toil and earn the amounts claimed from their own labours.

Continued meaningful employment is empowering, and results in a strengthened sense of self-dignity and pride. This cannot be valued in dollars and cents.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
I will never pay this crap. I'll move to Mexico before they get one red cent from me.

Better pack your bags because it's coming, amigo.

While it's great to keep making all these negative comments about black people, maybe take a look at the people who are really behind the push for reparations. Guess what, it's white folks!

If white people are going to propose reparations, of course black people will support it. It's free money.

In fact, if any white people are reading this, please remember how mean you were to Polynesians. We could use the extra cash.

Aloha!

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher

While it's great to keep making all these negative comments about black people, maybe take a look at the people who are really behind the push for reparations. Guess what, it's white folks!

If white people are going to propose reparations, of course black people will support it. It's free money.

In fact, if any white people are reading this, please remember how mean you were to Polynesians. We could use the extra cash.

Aloha!
Oh no what did we do to you brother? What do we have to atone for?

JohnKreese

Pelican

Aloha!
No, the system is already perfectly fair.

People take volcanic rocks home. They have to deal with Pele's Curse.

Well bargained and done.

Salinger

Kingfisher

Aloha!

Yes Kona, we all understand who's behind this.

Enoch

Hummingbird
If the American government pay black Americans reparations maybe black Americans will stop the whining and blaming.

Reparations will be interesting because then blacks will have nothing to complain about white americans, "we have paid you, so stop whining"

Payment of reparations to black people, will be an admittance of guilt that all white people were involved in slavery which is false.

The reality is slavery was the sins of a few white and African elite and business class duringthe slavery era. so why should the middle class and poor suffer for the sins of a few elites.

Rewarding bad behavior leads to more bad behavior. You think a one time reparations payment would fix race relations? Of course not, that payment would need to be monthly as racism is an ongoing problem and damages BIPOC every day.

There is zero moral or legal argument for taking money from people who never owned slaves and giving it to people who never were slaves.

It wasn't a sin and was perfectly legal. The Bible never condemns slavery as a sin. What is a sin? Extortion, that is a sin and a crime.

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Well first off there's Pearl Harbor...

How about this: https://www.newsweek.com/evanston-reparations-25000-black-residents-not-enough-1575382

3% of the weed tax goes to reparations of sorts? 25k to black homeowners?

So they are giving money to those who have already overcome obstacles? I'm very confused.

Aloha!
My backyard. The knives are already coming out. Different groups are jockeying to be the ones to decide who will/won't get money. Fights also about why there are any white people on the committee discussing this. There was a huge uproar from some because the City was going to delay reparations because finances were crushed due to the Covid response. The funny thing is $25K is nothing. A decent house or two flat in some of those neighborhoods have property taxes equal to half that amount.

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The African American communities will have free will to do what they want with the money.

If they use it to improve their neighborhoods, they will live as good or even better than any other ethnic group in the USA.

If they use it on bling bling, then they will be out of excuses and out of victimhood weapons against innocent middle class struggling Americans.
While conditions will change from the increasing percentage of red pilled Americans, if reperations passed today I would bet a years salary the vast majority of black Americans wouldn't be greatful ("about time I get what's mine, cracka ### n-words") and the white devil agenda returns to cable news in under one month.

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member

If you want to end black American whining remove the incentives.

End affirmative action. If a black rapist gets shot fighting police treat the people complaining like a joke. If someone makes an unprovable accusation involving race at work make it easy to fire them. Keep black career criminals in prison. Etc

Pendleton

Pelican

What group in US history has ever received enough to get them to stop whining? It is simply a form of begging. As long as people respond to it by handing out money, the whining will continue. They will simply invent new crimes, new wrongs to be compensated.

No one living today was harmed by slavery. The only people living today who benefited from slavery are the blacks themselves (who would otherwise be living in squalor in Africa).

stugatz

Pelican
Do Native Americans and black families who historically owned slaves (Kamala) have to pay too? What about black people like Obama that don't hail from West Africa?

If this goes through, maybe the Irish have an argument to ask for some gibs. Or Italians - hey, immigration was paused after the Sacco and Vanzetti murder case, and for decades, Italians were treated like garbage and assumed to all be murderers and criminals.

Overall, maybe I'm just honk-honking here, but I see lots of advantages to paying the reparations if we can then say "hey, we coughed up your money - shut up". Maybe, then, businesses and relatives of those who died in the riots last year can start fleecing BLM.

Fisk_

Chicken
All I see is people who want money/things/privileges just for being who they are, and then they are baffled when they realise the world does not work that way. The only people who give you things like that are your parents, period.

This nonsense comes mostly from millenials/zoomers who want to be pampered from cradle to grave, without making any effort to succeed because of muh feelings.....

Aizen

Kingfisher
Orthodox
If this actually goes through, the U.S. is finished. There will be no dialing it back (because that's racist!) and it'll become what TSA was to 9/11. Basically, a permanent, on-going wealth transfer from hard-working whites to lazy-ass blacks. From Billy the Truck Driver's pocket into Mr. Dindunuffin's pocket. This would be ultimate Clown World, and I wouldn't be surprised if it passes.

It wasn't a sin and was perfectly legal. The Bible never condemns slavery as a sin. What is a sin? Extortion, that is a sin and a crime.
The bible condemned slaves traders, read 1 Timothy 1 vs 10.

On a moral ground, slavery is evil and inhuman that is why it was banned.

The bible even explain how we should treat slaves, read colossians 4 vs 1 and Ephesians 6 vs9 , it explains how masters are supposed to treat their slaves.

Did most Christian who owned slaves follow these doctrines?

Infact, the bible tell us what eventually happened to former slave owners and traders, it is no news that many of them lost their wealth. Read proverbs 22vs 16.

Rewarding bad behavior leads to more bad behavior. You think a one time reparations payment would fix race relations? Of course not, that payment would need to be monthly as racism is an ongoing problem and damages BIPOC every day.

There is zero moral or legal argument for taking money from people who never owned slaves and giving it to people who never were slaves.
I will use your argument for the holocaust.

Not every Germans were Nazists but nazists and non nazists had to pay for the holocaust.

The reality is reparations isn't about fixing race relations but about paying for a past mistake committed by most of the political and business class.

Will reparation stop black Americans from whinin? No

Will it make blacks more entitled? Yes. But then payment of reparations, will remove all the media manufactured guilt from white people.

I have this opinion that if you pay someone off over a past sin, then the person lose his or her right to complain over that sin.