The growing reparations movement

MartyMcFly

Woodpecker
At this point it would be wise for America to consider giving this choice to black Americans (well descendants of slaves): reparations and expulsion or continuing to be an American citizen with all rights and responsibilities but with a crackdown on activism.

Every American has a sob story, or else we’d be Europeans and Asians. Being transplanted in a slave trade is a big sob story and it was wrong - but far from unique to blacks. By feeling you deserve reparations you’re admitting you don’t feel you belong here due to your ethnic background and you being here is a glitch. Reparations corrects the glitch.

Potential scenario how this could work out - adjust for inflation 40 acres and a mules market value in 1865 and pay that in cash. But if you take it you must leave America for good. Takers of the reparations are free from whitey and America for good to go be someone else’s problem. It’s a win-win.

As a kid in the 00s racism seemed ridiculous on all sides. Blacks were just black Americans. Now I’ve noticed many blacks don’t want anything to do with white people and want to be separate. If you want reparations and to be free of whitey let’s just go our separate ways.
I like this idea. The only way to right the wrong of slavery is to find African countries willing to take descendants of slaves. Ghana already volunteered and I am sure the US government can meet with leaders in other nations to discuss this. I am sure Liberia will agree as well due to historical reasons. The USA paid in blood during the Civil War; however, they should have offered free one-way transport to all blacks wishing to go back. The offer was not extended to all blacks at the time (and due to the lack of social media, I doubt all blacks even knew about the Liberia movement). Make the offer of free economy class transport and perhaps some free preparation classes as well in advance of moving such as language and culture classes and a phrase book to ensure they are prepared.

Actually, I like that this man moved to Ghana. He seems happy there and has created a successful life with his family.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
I like this idea. The only way to right the wrong of slavery is to find African countries willing to take descendants of slaves. Ghana already volunteered and I am sure the US government can meet with leaders in other nations to discuss this. I am sure Liberia will agree as well due to historical reasons. The USA paid in blood during the Civil War; however, they should have offered free one-way transport to all blacks wishing to go back. The offer was not extended to all blacks at the time (and due to the lack of social media, I doubt all blacks even knew about the Liberia movement). Make the offer of free economy class transport and perhaps some free preparation classes as well in advance of moving such as language and culture classes and a phrase book to ensure they are prepared.

Actually, I like that this man moved to Ghana. He seems happy there and has created a successful life with his family.

There was a “return to Africa “ program following the civil war, but most blacks weren’t interested. Some did take it up, but the boat ride there was gruesome. A lot of them died from disease in Liberia too. Word got back to the USA that it’s no good.

Nowadays, Ghana wouldn’t want the blacks we don’t want the most. The poorly socialized, welfare and criminal element. They don’t want the loud Laquishas busting up the Mac Donald’s because they ran out of Mac Nuggets, anymore than we do. And what are they going to do with Chicago gang members with low eye queues and no skill, and a violent disposition?

We should have picked our own damn cotton.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
The only way to right the wrong of slavery is to find African countries willing to take descendants of slaves. I like this idea. The only way to right the wrong of slavery is to find African countries willing to take descendants of slaves.

There was slavery in what in now Ghana before contact with Europeans. Academics have estimated that 30% of the population was enslaved. Slave masters enslaved their 1st degree relatives. Those enslaved in The United States were sold by Africans. If they were not sold they would likely have been enslaved in Africa and or killed. The level of population in sub-Saharan Africa was a flatline. Also see rape culture and cannibalism in Africa's past. What will be the penance for Africans for their part in the slave trade? Typically the pimp, the people traffiker, the drug kingpin has the biggest punishment.

I am sure Liberia will agree as well due to historical reasons.

Liberia was The US's freed-slave colony. Africans from America began enslaving the natives on their arrival. The same is Sierra Leone, the British Empire's freed slave colony.

however, they should have offered free one-way transport to all blacks wishing to go back.

This was offered since at least the 1820s. Africans were offered money to return to Africa and live in Liberia. Most preferred to remain as slaves or freed slaves in The US. A survey from the 1920s found that most freed slaves preferred life in slavery.

Slavery existed in most countries outside of Europe prior to its abolition at the behest of Europeans. Yet it is only in The United States that you cannot go a day without hearing about slavery. There are around 40 million slaves today. Half in Africa.

Slavery is only talk about because it benefits the left.

MartyMcFly

Woodpecker
There was slavery in what in now Ghana before contact with Europeans. Academics have estimated that 30% of the population was enslaved. Slave masters enslaved their 1st degree relatives. Those enslaved in The United States were sold by Africans. If they were not sold they would likely have been enslaved in Africa and or killed. The level of population in sub-Saharan Africa was a flatline. Also see rape culture and cannibalism in Africa's past. What will be the penance for Africans for their part in the slave trade? Typically the pimp, the people traffiker, the drug kingpin has the biggest punishment.

Liberia was The US's freed-slave colony. Africans from America began enslaving the natives on their arrival. The same is Sierra Leone, the British Empire's freed slave colony.

This was offered since at least the 1820s. Africans were offered money to return to Africa and live in Liberia. Most preferred to remain as slaves or freed slaves in The US. A survey from the 1920s found that most freed slaves preferred life in slavery.

Slavery existed in most countries outside of Europe prior to its abolition at the behest of Europeans. Yet it is only in The United States that you cannot go a day without hearing about slavery. There are around 40 million slaves today. Half in Africa.

Slavery is only talk about because it benefits the left.
I don't think the US government is offering transport for blacks wanting to go back to Africa these days and they certainly are not setting up resettlement classes for those seeking to go back. If this program existed, we would not hear any discussion about reparation checks. I am surprised that politicians who are supposed to be more clever than the average folks have not been considering an idea that was thought of long ago. Every time I hear American blacks complain about evil whites, I am confused why only a handful (such as the doctor I posted about) are moving to Africa or majority black nations in the Caribbean. I am also confused why liberals want to have more Africans come to the USA if blacks in the USA are oppressed. Aren't they better off in Somalia where there is no racism or oppression? Also, why do so many blacks want to move to white majority nations if whites oppress blacks. These questions are often asked but I have not seen any good answers from liberals. If you know of any liberals that answered these questions, feel free to post the article here as I am genuinely curious.

Nigeria has a huge film industry and I would bet that famous woke black actors could easily get jobs in 'Nollywood' (as Nigeria's film industry is sometimes known as). Perhaps these actors have not been told about Nigeria's film industry.

I think African-Americans are simply not being told that alternatives to the evil USA exist. If African-Americans that claim to be oppressed knew about such alternatives (and assuming their IQ is over 60), they would either move or shut up and there would be no more BLM marches and we would achieve a more harmonious society.

Naive

Pigeon
I don't think the US government is offering transport for blacks wanting to go back to Africa these days and they certainly are not setting up resettlement classes for those seeking to go back. If this program existed, we would not hear any discussion about reparation checks. I am surprised that politicians who are supposed to be more clever than the average folks have not been considering an idea that was thought of long ago. Every time I hear American blacks complain about evil whites, I am confused why only a handful (such as the doctor I posted about) are moving to Africa or majority black nations in the Caribbean. I am also confused why liberals want to have more Africans come to the USA if blacks in the USA are oppressed. Aren't they better off in Somalia where there is no racism or oppression? Also, why do so many blacks want to move to white majority nations if whites oppress blacks. These questions are often asked but I have not seen any good answers from liberals. If you know of any liberals that answered these questions, feel free to post the article here as I am genuinely curious.

Nigeria has a huge film industry and I would bet that famous woke black actors could easily get jobs in 'Nollywood' (as Nigeria's film industry is sometimes known as). Perhaps these actors have not been told about Nigeria's film industry.

I think African-Americans are simply not being told that alternatives to the evil USA exist. If African-Americans that claim to be oppressed knew about such alternatives (and assuming their IQ is over 60), they would either move or shut up and there would be no more BLM marches and we would achieve a more harmonious society.
The excuse is that "colonialism" destroyed Africa and is still suffering... I guess, at least that's what always seems to be the suggested narrative. Funny how a few million Jews can build a country to western living standards.. in the course of 70 years... on a patch of desert, with no natural resources... surrounded by enemies, constantly at war... but I guess whitey was just too much for Africa, even hundreds of years later.

MartyMcFly

Woodpecker
The excuse is that "colonialism" destroyed Africa and is still suffering... I guess, at least that's what always seems to be the suggested narrative. Funny how a few million Jews can build a country to western living standards.. in the course of 70 years... on a patch of desert, with no natural resources... surrounded by enemies, constantly at war... but I guess whitey was just too much for Africa, even hundreds of years later.
Same goes for South Korea despite a huge war in the 1950's that tore their nation in half and being colonized by Japan for 40 years (and Japan was not so friendly to South Korea during their colonization of Korea). S. Korea is mountainous and is next to their hateful 'brother' and also had China to deal with as an enemy for many years (now China is 'friends' with both Koreas). S. Korea still has some anger about this but they moved on and developed themselves instead.

Malaysia and Singapore were British colonies and became independent at the same time as most African nations and they also are not whining about evil colonialism.

Of course, if you bring up these facts to a lot of Americans, they will cry about racism without explaining why so many African nations are still poor after many years. Also, I am confused why so few liberals want to move to Africa to help them. To be fair, a few people are willing to do this and I respect them for actually putting their ideals into practice. I guess buying a Band-Aid CD and joining a BLM march is enough for most people while also trying to steal money from non-blacks to give to blacks that were never slaves. My own ancestors didn't have anything to do with slavery or oppression of blacks, so I am lucky and have no guilt. I feel sorry for those that have such guilt because their great-grandparents had slaves or simply stayed quiet and didn't stand up for civil rights because they were too busy working in the Pennsylvania coal mines or on farms and didn't even interact with blacks.