The HEROES ACT- COVID Relief Stimulus Package 2.0

perros

Woodpecker
Second relief stimulus bill coming America's way, also known as the Heroes Act!

House to vote on Democrats' $3T coronavirus 'HEROES' aid: Stimulus checks, money for states, rent assistance

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...rus-heroes-aid-stimulus-checks-money-n1207816

Main components of it.

1) 1 trillion dollars to states

2) Additional $1200 per person.

3) $1200 per child

4) $10,000 given to students with student debt.

5) 1 year rent freeze

6) 1 year mortgage freeze

7) $1200 for illegal immigrants who have an ITIN card and pay taxes

8) 4.8 billion for COVID reasearch

9) Expand unemployment benefits until January 2021

10) Expand the SNAP program

Thoughts?

Easy_C

Crow
I love it and I mean that non-sarcastically.

The rent and mortgage freezes are a gold mine for dissidents politically. Why? Because this now means that a shitload of people who would otherwise be aligned with Dems are going to be running screaming loudly against the whole Corona lockdown program.

This bill is never going to be signed in that form and it’s going to cause a massive rift on their side.

Main components of it.

5) 1 year rent freeze

Thoughts?

I love it! The above apply to me. I hope Trump and Republicans use common sense (ignore all the lobbyists) and support the Heroes Act.

Unemployment benefits until Jan. 2021 would be amazing! And $10,000 (I want it to be more maybe around $20k to $40k) given to students (I'm a current grad MS student) with student debt would be great as well. I'm not sure how 1 year rent freeze would work--but support that idea too.

Second relief stimulus bill coming America's way, also known as the Heroes Act!

House to vote on Democrats' $3T coronavirus 'HEROES' aid: Stimulus checks, money for states, rent assistance

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...rus-heroes-aid-stimulus-checks-money-n1207816

Main components of it.

1) 1 trillion dollars to states

3) $1200 per child

5) 1 year rent freeze

6) 1 year mortgage freeze

7) $1200 for illegal immigrants who have an ITIN card and pay taxes

8) 4.8 billion for COVID reasearch

10) Expand the SNAP program

Thoughts?
What about seniors who only have pension?

Why all the complicated programs? Just forgive the student loans.
Why not forgive credit card loans to people over 30?
Realistically the students have the longest time to recover their debt as they're earlier into adulthood. It's the ones who lost their jobs who need debt relief, and seniors who have almost no income anyway who should be getting 10,000.

perros

Woodpecker
I just paid those off last month.

What unfortunate timing.

I know, I was actually ready to pay my student debt this year, but seeing how the politically climate regarding eliminating student debt is going. Sanders pushing it, Trump forgiving student debt for veterans and just seeing how popular the idea is becoming in mainstream America, it will probably happen in the near future. So might as well just pay the minimum for now and have the government forgive your debt in the coming years and save that money for something else.

Last edited:

perros

Woodpecker
No money for illegals!

It’s completely absurd to give public money to people who are not allowed to be here.

What about citizens who are married to illegals? What do you do with them?

There were many citizens in the last round of stimulus who were married to illegals and didn't get their check. This stimulus fixes that.

I'm always confused with the numbers but my spidey sense says this can't be good long term, and considering my current situation I would be getting a huge check(kids)

STG

Robin
As we delve deeper into clown world, those who have acted responsibly in their lives will be punished.

Lived beneath your means, saving a lot of money? Your savings will be devalued and the purchasing power will be eroded. That $10,000 you have in one of your savings accounts earning 0.01% interest will buy less and less groceries, housing, healthcare, etc. year after year.

Worked a second job to pay down those student loans? Student loans will be forgiven. You've now wasted your time, the most valuable thing a person has, something you cannot obtain more of regardless of who you are or how much money you have. You are compensated for giving your finite and fleeting time to an employer by being paid a wage. You used this wage to pay off your student loans, that were forgiven anyway, so you essentially threw away a part of your time and wasted part of your life. But hey, you did the right thing!

Are you planning for retirement and contributing to a 401k? Your average American can't afford a $1000 unexpected expense. Do you really think the government is going to let everyone reach old age and have to live on the streets? They will create "means tested" retirement systems. Oh look, you have a 401k that you worked for and contributed to for 30 years. Good job! Joe over there has no retirement so he will receive a government check every month that will be about equal to what you, the working stiff, receive. Ain't democracy grand?

Did you have less children then you wanted to because you wanted to give your children a higher standard of living or you didn't feel you could afford more? That was thoughtful of you, but the welfare scumbag down the street with 7 kids who receives all forms of government cheese has the same things for his children that you have for yours. He stays home, smokes weed, plays video games all day, then spends his government funds without a care in the world. If you were to go shopping with him you would be surprised at what Uncle Sam lets him spend on groceries. You have a good career and make a good wage, yet you couldn't afford to spend on groceries what the scumbag does. A depressing thought, let us pretend that people are not born as "blank slates" and our welfare state is literally subsidizing the lowest forms of humans. Each of his 7 kids grows up to have 7 kids... ever see the movie Idiocracy?

Honk Honk!