The HEROES ACT- COVID Relief Stimulus Package 2.0

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
I don't think the Democrats lose any ground in 2020, and if they do, it is a strategic retreat. The Democrats know that in 10 years they will run this country top to bottom due to demographic changes. The powers that be who pull the strings behind the curtain know this as well. So if the Democrats have to push a message in 2020 that costs them a few seats, but the message angers old aged Trump voters and excites 15 year old immigrants, then they will be rewarded greatly for that for the next 60 years.

I get it, I get it, no matter what happens the world is ending, the Dems win (even if they lose) and Trump is a fraud and he will lose. Let's just cheer on the demise. Your lack of originality gets old.

I get it, I get it, no matter what happens the world is ending, the Dems win (even if they lose) and Trump is a fraud and he will lose. Let's just cheer on the demise. Your lack of originality gets old.

I don't know if the world comes to an end or not. In my opinion, that depends on whether men as a group decide to return to their roots and live the way God intended us to live or not. No one here can make that choice, but we can choose to try to move ourselves in that direction. And as we move in that direction and spread the happiness we have in our lives with others they will naturally follow suit.

And I think the more people who say to our fraud government "hey, what are you going to do for me" the better. This mindset change will be huge and cause the elites a lot of problems.

perros

Woodpecker
Because the numbers in this $3 trillion stimulus bill are in line with our other wasteful spending.

$7 trillion for a war in Iraq that everyone admits was a mistake and yet is STILL GOING ON now 17 years later.
God know how many trillions in Afghanistan to "Get Osama Bin Ladin", whom has been dead now 9 years and likely didn't organize 9/11 on his own.
$5 trillion just handed to billionaires by the Trump administration in the last few months. The Federal Reserve buying up bad ETF investments to prop up billionaire investment firms (Blackrock Financial is the biggest) so they can then take the money and go buy up investments in China.
$1 trillion in 2009 just handed to bankers to caused a financial crisis.

So if the war makers and bankers destroying this country can just be handed $13 trillion dollars, then We the People who have been destroyed by this system deserve $3 trillion minimum. Your numbers push it up to $30 trillion, which isn't reasonable. $3 trillion is in the ballpark and easy to defend.

I know you guys are upset we are throwing money away, but if the bankers and war makers get free money, then it is time we start demanding it too.

What pisses me off the most is Trump and the GOP has allowed the Democrats to completely outflank him on this issue. Trump and the GOP could have come up with a similar stimulus package, but it excludes illegal aliens and made it $2 trillion and sold this to the American people. Instead they let the Democrats pass this bill and their response is "we can't afford it". Now the GOP will vote it down and the uninformed swing voters see the Democrats pass a bill to help them save their houses from foreclosure and the GOP is on record of saying "go to hell and lose your house".

This is true.

I saw a video of Trump talking about this proposal saying that it will be "DOA" (Dead On Arrival), along with Mitch McConnell. Good luck with that. According to surveys conducted, a whopping 84% of Americans want another stimulus check and are in favor of more COVID relief spending. That is huge.

Coronavirus Relief Survey: 84% of Americans want another stimulus check

There's a lot of hurt going around still. People are struggling to pay rent, buy food, pay bills and unemployment numbers keep rising every single day. There's literally long lines at food banks all across the country which can be looked at as old images from the Great Depression. Trump talks a lot about a "Payroll Tax Cut" which is great for people who are working, and not really so great if you dive into it, but what about all the millions that have lost their jobs and will continue to lose their jobs? He's really missing the ball here.

Last edited:

perros

Woodpecker
My wife had an ITIN and not an SSN last year so we don't qualify for any of this, therefore I oppose it. $1,200 per child this time, huh? At this point I could afford a pretty good used car with all the free money they're handing out if I'd just followed the 14/88 guys' advice and not fallen for the charms of a woman whose skin tone happens to be a few shades darker than mine. Doh.

You'd think they could just not pay out for the foreign spouse with the ITIN while giving up the cash for the citizen spouse and children, but no. Thanks, Trump. Thanks a lot.

I jest, it's probably a bad idea regardless, but it would be nice to get in on the free for all and stock up on gold and guns, exchange it for Swiss Francs, or whatever, before hyperinflation hits.

Read this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shahar...lus-checks-if-heroes-act-passes/#1d21292f26c4

Under the HEROES ACT, if you are married to someone with an ITIN number you will receive the stimulus, and you will also get the original one as well that you didn't get under the CARES ACT.

Now this is to say that if this passes the Senate, which I believe it will be watered down. But as it is written, you will be eligible for that money.

Talus

Pigeon
And I think the more people who say to our fraud government "hey, what are you going to do for me" the better. This mindset change will be huge and cause the elites a lot of problems.

That's exactly what the elite want us to do. Bicker with each other over handouts and beg for scraps.

bucky

Ostrich
The 10k to pay college loans is bullshit.

I agree, 10k is way too low. It should be a minimum of 20k to 40k college loans. That is only fair, considering American universities have been financially scamming people for decades.

I sincerely hope Trump and Republicans (Mitch McConnell, Lindsay Graham) get destroyed in the November election, if they do not pass the Heroes Act. I could care less if illegals get stimulus money, as long as they eliminate student loan debt and expand unemployment (extra $600/week) benefits till January 2021.

Latest update:

The House’s latest coronavirus relief bill gives stimulus payments to unauthorized immigrants

House Republicans tried and failed to strike a provision that would give stimulus payments to immigrants.

House Democrats voted in favor of offering stimulus payments to unauthorized immigrants Friday night, prevailing over Republican efforts to strike the provision from the latest $3 trillion coronavirus relief bill.

The HEROES Act, which passed the House on Friday, would make taxpaying immigrants and their families eligible for federal stimulus funds regardless of their legal status. Under the $2.2 trillion CARES Act signed in late March, only immigrants with Social Security Numbers — and who fulfilled certain residency requirements — were able to receive the payments, meaning unauthorized immigrants and many temporary visa holders were excluded.

Republicans are not convinced that another aid package is warranted after the CARES Act, with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell saying he hasn’t “yet felt the urgency of acting immediately” on further legislation.

And Republicans in the House argued emphatically against the HEROES Act’s provision offering immigrants stimulus payments, with Rep. Denver Riggleman of Virginia calling it a “poison pill.” The Republican position was that relief funds should be dedicated to US citizens only. Despite being joined in their opposition by 13 Democrats, however, Republicans failed to block the provision in a 198-209 vote. But it isn’t likely to survive the Republican-led Senate, where McConnell has been explicit in his objection to the plan.

“Another round of checks for illegal immigrants. Can you believe it?” McConnell said in a floor speech May 14. “We forgot to have the Treasury Department send money to people here illegally. My goodness, what an oversight. Thank goodness Democrats are on the case.”

Democrats, on the other hand, have asserted that failing to offer financial aid to many immigrant families is an injustice that must be rectified, especially as the public has come to rely on immigrants to provide essential services during the current crisis. For instance, unauthorized immigrants make up about a quarter of farmworkers and 8 percent of the service sector and production workers.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
I agree, 10k is way too low. It should be a minimum of 20k to 40k college loans. That is only fair, considering American universities have been financially scamming people for decades.

I sincerely hope Trump and Republicans (Mitch McConnell, Lindsay Graham) get destroyed in the November election, if they do not pass the Heroes Act. I could care less if illegals get stimulus money, as long as they eliminate student loan debt and expand unemployment (extra $600/week) till January 2021.

Latest update:

It’s not about you, it’s about the country

I sincerely hope Trump and Republicans (Mitch McConnell, Lindsay Graham) get destroyed in the November election, if they do not pass the Heroes Act. I could care less if illegals get stimulus money, as long as they eliminate student loan debt and expand unemployment (extra $600/week) benefits till January 2021.

Latest update:

I don't think the GOP has to pass the bill, they just have to offer a counter measure that would offer the same relief but cut out all the handouts to libtard causes. If the GOP were to do this, it would be huge. But they likely will vote against the bill and when asked "why?" they will give the same nonsense of "Americans need to pick themselves up by the bootstraps" while handing trillions of dollars away to their donors, foreign governments, illegal aliens, legal aliens, and anyone else who stands against them and their base.

aeroektar

Pelican
The United States is lost and broken.

I've spent my entire adult life being extremely responsible financially. Never had debt. Always lived bellow my means. I've learned to live with what I need and hardly ever with luxuries.

In May I moved from a blue state to a "free" state. Found a job that pays very well, found an apartment. All while we were told relentlessly to stay home.

The time to wait is over. I've lost all faith in the system. I knew it would erode but not this fast. I'll leave a couple thousand in my bank account but every other dime is going towards assets and tangible goods.

We should have a private forum again where we can talk about this without the eyes of the public on us. Not because anything is illegal, but because we can help each other make it through this without informing a bunch of mouth breathing lurkers.

EvanWilson

Kingfisher
Gold Member
The treasury.

The US has money, its just not distributed properly. To put it into perspective, the Iraq War during the reign of George Bush cost 7 trillion dollars. This stimulus is barely half of that.

The United States does NOT have the money. There was a time when we didi, like around 100 years ago, In WWI, the United States was a creditor nation and funded the world; now we are dependent on the world to lend us money that we don't have to spend it on things we don't need. Before the outbreak, the US was already on track to needing to borrow about one trillion to make the budget this year; now they borrowed an additional $2 trillion in the first round and this round will be another $3 trillion with all of it borrowed.

As Tyrion Lannister says when he is looking at the books for the finances for the kingdom with Byron looking on:
Byron: He's stealing it?
Tyrion: Worse, he's borrowing it.

GoT S8 Prediction - The Iron Bank Debt, starting at around the 5:18 mark:

The United States does NOT have the money. There was a time when we didi, like around 100 years ago, In WWI, the United States was a creditor nation and funded the world; now we are dependent on the world to lend us money that we don't have to spend it on things we don't need. Before the outbreak, the US was already on track to needing to borrow about one trillion to make the budget this year; now they borrowed an additional $2 trillion in the first round and this round will be another $3 trillion with all of it borrowed.

As Tyrion Lannister says when he is looking at the books for the finances for the kingdom with Byron looking on:
Byron: He's stealing it?
Tyrion: Worse, he's borrowing it.

GoT S8 Prediction - The Iron Bank Debt, starting at around the 5:18 mark:

We always have the money when the billionaire globalist bankers, bankrupting this country with out of control immigration want it. But we never have it when we the people need it, even in the case of an emergency.

I was thinking about this for a while today. There is no way in hell the billionaires would allow our government to pass an aid bill to help the people out. They don't want their money going to us and they don't want us getting the idea that we can actually get help from the government.

So the GOP has two choices before they vote down this bill.

#1) Spread the message of "pick yourself up by your bootstraps" and we don't need this help.

#2) Make their own version of this bill, that would also get voted down, but is more fiscally responsible.

They chose #1. Why did they do this?

Either because the GOP base is so brainwashed into not demanding more from our government, which is possible, or because they were told to play it this way so the GOP base never gets the idea of demanding more from our government.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
^
Large portions of money are already out, both in the advances and in massive unemployment (insurance) funding. I'm beginning to think you enjoy making things up.

The United States does NOT have the money.

Evan, the US by definition can come up with that money, they as a matter of fact do have it, the question is that of consequences --- namely confidence and debasement of the currency.

Listen, I believe we are coming up to a vast number of problems, but there are a lot of things that people have been railing about for over a decade over which they are totally confused (deflation has outweighed inflation, is one such issue they don't understand). The larger issue that I think really grates people is that as the world reserve currency, the USA can clearly "get away with" far more than any fundamentalist or textbook economist cares to believe, or admit. It's actually funny how wrong the textbook people have been and shows you something about how well understood macroeconomics is (not). Finally, being the tallest midget in a world of crazy sovereign debt is hugely impactful, regardless of what anyone wants to believe.

^
Large portions of money are already out, both in the advances and in massive unemployment (insurance) funding. I'm beginning to think you enjoy making things up.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean Yes some of the bailout went to pay for unemployment. Also a large chunk went to buy up junk ETF investments to bail out anti-American financial companies like Blackrock Financial so Blackrock could take the free money and buy up more investments, including Chinese investments.

The 10k to pay college loans is bullshit.

I'm a while out of university, but some years ago I looked at the debt and decided to work 60 hours weeks for a few years. Everything was paid off in a hurry. It was a rough few years, but then I had zero debt and starting to put all that money into savings and retirement.

Why should other people get 10k for essentially being layabout assholes.

Working two jobs, saving as much as possible, riding a bike and not having a car. These are things everyone could have done, but chose of their own free will, not to.

Now they get a benefit for that?

YES

Just like people get a benefit for being born black, hispanics, native, female and the children of the rich over men with actual grades and test scores. 60hrs/week for a few years is nothing compared to a lifetime of preparation, money and sacrifice others had undercut but letting everyone and their cousin into higher education, not to mention the theft via inflation of the degree itself. The term higher education is outdated, it's a certificate in worthlessness and debt that needs to be avoided. Trying to appeal to fairness and reciprocity doesn't work unless it's backed by force.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean Yes some of the bailout went to pay for unemployment. Also a large chunk went to buy up junk ETF investments to bail out anti-American financial companies like Blackrock Financial so Blackrock could take the free money and buy up more investments, including Chinese investments.

It's worse than that, Blackrock is the mechanism by which they do the bailout, and consider increasing it if need be. A whole other level of government ineptitude was revealed. As far as the people are concerned, you're actually just wrong here, there is more money going to Main St (and it will likely continue) than ever before - people over the next 3-4 months will be getting 10s of thousands of dollars. They are even giving the amounts that make it stupid for people going back to work, so I'm wondering if you are even following the data.

I don't endorse much of anything the Fed does in general, but being honest, this was a forced shutdown, so it's not a classic bailout anyway, you can't have a requirement to shut down and then say too bad at the same time.