The Honk pill (Clown World)

Oberrheiner

Pelican
So...the picture on the left is supposedly...what? Wholesome? Promoting family values and worship of God?
No, it's just beautiful and thus positive.
Objective qualities matter, regardless of your faith (or lack thereof).

And while I agree it's not necessary to have such images printed 10 feet tall on city walls, if you cannot appreciate the female body simply for what it is without feeling lust (or any other thought you don't want in your head) it's you who have a problem, as in an unhealthy relationship to your body and/or your sexuality.

I assume you never ever go to the beach ?

Rob Banks

Pelican
No, it's just beautiful and thus positive.
Objective qualities matter, regardless of your faith (or lack thereof).

And while I agree it's not necessary to have such images printed 10 feet tall on city walls, if you cannot appreciate the female body simply for what it is without feeling lust (or any other thought you don't want in your head) it's you who have a problem, as in an unhealthy relationship to your body and/or your sexuality.

I assume you never ever go to the beach ?
I'm not a big fan of crowded beaches. I haven't been to the beach in years, but if I were to go, I'd only go to the empty/non-crowded sections. If there happened to be a few women in bikinis there (or whatever), I could just ignore them or even be friendly without allowing myself to feel lust.

I would argue that images like that aren't beautiful. The female body is beautiful when it is kept hidden and then revealed in private to one man alone (within the context of marriage). When it is instead plastered on the side of a wall 20 or 30 feet high -- or in general shown off to the world -- it is not beautiful but instead merely lust-inspiring. The sexuality of the female body is not something to be appreciated publicly like art or music.

What I am describing is sexual morality as taught by Christianity and most other religions as well. So if you're saying this means I have "an unhealthy relationship to your body and/or your sexuality," then you must believe all pre-modern Christian societies had unhealthy views about body and sexuality.

ilostabet

Pelican
Good things can become bad things in the wrong context. It's as simple as this.

The problem with the beach blonde Calvin Klein billboard is not the girl or the semi-nudity, it's not even that it's in a public place per se - it's that it's advertising (and to a lesser extent, photography).

What I think we can all agree to is that the other abomination belongs nowhere.

Oberrheiner

Pelican
What I am describing is sexual morality as taught by Christianity and most other religions as well. So if you're saying this means I have "an unhealthy relationship to your body and/or your sexuality," then you must believe all pre-modern Christian societies had unhealthy views about body and sexuality.
What I meant is simply that many things in life will generate strong emotions in you, yet you cannot let your nervous system control you, it has to be the other way around otherwise you're more beast than human.
If your belief system says you generally cannot control yourself and thus you have to put a burqa on every woman around, then it is a system fit for beasts and not for humans, and thus I cannot subscribe to it.
But hey, it seems to work for half of africa :) for some definition of work anyway ..

Also I'm not an expert on christian societies, modern or not, and given that I believe that we is called history is in fact mostly lying by omission, I will never be, from there I have no opinion on the subject.

infowarrior1

Ostrich
So...the picture on the left is supposedly...what? Wholesome? Promoting family values and worship of God?

I'm a lot more interested in how we got from 1809 to 2009 than how we got from 2009 to 2020.
The picture on the left reflected a remnant of an appreciation of Beauty however degraded that regard may be. A degradation from Truth, Goodness and Beauty Trinity like the Trinity of God.

The picture on the right is the discarding of the notion of Beauty altogether.

I also noticed how the President's clothing reflected the refinement of the times:

The 1st few founders had the more formal clothing. But as time moved on the Clothing became less formal. Buildings underwent similar change over time also.

infowarrior1

Ostrich
Good things can become bad things in the wrong context. It's as simple as this.

The problem with the beach blonde Calvin Klein billboard is not the girl or the semi-nudity, it's not even that it's in a public place per se - it's that it's advertising (and to a lesser extent, photography).

What I think we can all agree to is that the other abomination belongs nowhere.
My response is likewise to Rob Banks.

The picture on the left is a degraded regard for Beauty but such was being divorced from Goodness and Truth. But only in God is Beauty,Truth and Goodness one and perfect and infinite. Becoming the same in god.

A chastely dressed beautiful woman is the pinnacle above the picture on the left that points to bodily perfection without displaying it openly. Whose nudity is only completely revealed to her own Husband.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
:squintlol:
U.S.—The Biden campaign is facing a real communication problem as Joe Biden's speeches are growing more and more nonsensical. In order to overcome this challenge, aides have hired an interpreter to translate everything he says into normal, human-style English.

"My fellow Americans, pickle hamster meatloaf. The thing. Potato!" Biden began.

"My fellow Americans, thank you for being here this evening," the interpreter translated.

Biden continued: "This pandemic has cost us more than 85,000 jobs as of today. Lives of millions of people. Millions of people. Millions of jobs." He then nodded at the translator to interpret that into something resembling plain English.

"Uh... the, uh, pandemic has cost us tens of millions of jobs, and 85,000 have tragically lost their lives," she interpreted frantically.

But she struggled to keep up as his speech got less and less coherent.

"Peanut butter M&Ms and my fellow U.S. Americans in the Iraq. Platypus!" was translated as "We must make sure Donald Trump does not continue to rob America of its future," while "Farley farley farley farley farley hufaaaaaaaar!" was translated as "I am the best choice to beat Donald Trump."

As Biden's speech concluded, he said farewell: "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z' nourrwringmm!"

"God bless you, and God bless America."