The Honk pill (Clown World)

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Oh that would be a good joke to play on all the 'cwimate cwisis' activists.

Agree to their nonsense about 'net 0' this that & the other.

Yet indicate it can only happen with nuclear power... :sneaky:

Australia ‘clearly needs’ a nuclear industry to get to net zero emissions

Australian Nuclear Association's John Harries says the nation “clearly needs” a nuclear industry to fix up the energy system and get to net...

William Faulkner

Sparrow
Orthodox
The idea that the elite of this world would leave the rule of nations up to some kind of majority consensus is comical. Democracy is a theatrical production. The illusion of having a say in how your government functions. Democracy never existed in the first place. It was just another con.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
Democracy is a theatrical production.
I used to agree with people who said that politics is the circus (meaning sports, not clowns: that aged badly) for smart people. Then I saw that sports are a real competition between people with real skills, so I changed my mind. Then I learned that even the sacred sport of Sumo is rigged, like everything else, it seems. Oh, how I honked.
Democracy never existed in the first place. It was just another con.
I like to think that in Athens, where only native, veteran Chads could vote, there was something to it. Given that they consistently voted to sing sea shanties as they rowed off to kick everyone's ass and take their women, I suspect it was legit.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Geez, lady...seek help. Abortion is demonic.

"Abortion is an act of love"

reading-stare.gif

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen

German car park unveils 'diversity' spaces reserved for LGBT drivers or migrants​

48632137-10048725-image-a-24_1633074124423.jpg

If I were a homo, I would be too embarrassed. If I were an immigrant, I wouldn't give a monkey's about your doomed kaffir rules anyhow.

German car park unveils 'diversity' spaces reserved for LGBT drivers or migrants​

48632137-10048725-image-a-24_1633074124423.jpg

When I see a lot of the legitimately BONKERS stuff people get excited about doing or arguing for, it always seems like it's a case of: "I don't believe there's a God, or that meaning in life involves giving due glory to that God, understanding that God better, living for that God, etc., so I'm gonna make up a stupid CAUSE to get excited about! and manufacture meaning -- even if it's based on the most absurd foolishness."

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
"
When I see a lot of the legitimately BONKERS stuff people get excited about doing or arguing for, it always seems like it's a case of: "I don't believe there's a God, or that meaning in life involves giving due glory to that God, understanding that God better, living for that God, etc., so I'm gonna make up a stupid CAUSE to get excited about! and manufacture meaning -- even if it's based on the most absurd foolishness."

"It's part of something I've noticed more and more in the modern world, appearing in all sorts of newspaper rumors and conversational catch-words; something that's arbitrary without being authoritative. People readily swallow the untested claims of this, that, or the other. It's drowning all your old rationalism and scepticism, it's coming in like a sea; and the name of it is superstition." He stood up abruptly, his face heavy with a sort of frown, and went on talking almost as if he were alone. "It's the first effect of not believing in God that you lose your common sense, and can't see things as they are. Anything that anybody talks about, and says there's a good deal in it, extends itself indefinitely like a vista in a nightmare. And a dog is an omen and a cat is a mystery and a pig is a mascot and a beetle is a scarab, calling up all the menagerie of polytheism from Egypt and old India; Dog Anubis and great green-eyed Pasht and all the holy howling Bulls of Bashan; reeling back to the bestial gods of the beginning, escaping into elephants and snakes and crocodiles; and all because you are frightened of four words: `He was made Man.'"

From The Oracle of the Dog, G. K. Chesterton