Gold Member

d2c66afa-6104-4c0f-a2be-e28c5b1f1e24.jpg
db63b652-a0a9-4f71-bff7-ab0571e50b0d.jpg

love-you-fat.gif

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
German clown world:

Police in riot gear have started to drag climate activists away from an abandoned village in western Germany they have occupied for months.
Protesters barricaded themselves in to prevent Lützerath from being swallowed up by the nearby Garzweiler open coal mine.

During the large-scale demonstration in Lützerath, there were also some unintentionally funny scenes. One video in particular has gone viral: while police officers sink into the extreme mud, an activist in a monk's habit moves easily through the mud.

However, the police union condemns the fact that the activist pushes a policeman into the mud at the end of the video: "To mock and revile a person in a defenseless and needy situation, to place oneself above him and even to push him over, cannot be surpassed in terms of inhumanity, contemptuousness and baseness," it says on the Facebook channel of the police union.

Last edited:

Pete345

Kingfisher
Orthodox
To mock and revile a person in a defenseless and needy situation, to place oneself above him and even to push him over, cannot be surpassed in terms of inhumanity, contemptuousness and baseness," it says on the Facebook channel of the police union.
I guess we're supposed to just all forget and ignore the Gestapo tactics of the German police over the last 3 years. Only police lives matter, amirite? What a clown show.

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
Can you imagine what migrants might think about this video?

Germany is a country of clowns where you can do whatever you want without being punished, and the German police is nothing but a comedy club.

I guess we're supposed to just all forget and ignore the Gestapo tactics of the German police over the last 3 years.

The Gestapo tactics of Europian policemen only apply to people who are protesting against Covid measures or inflation, mostly elderly people while these climate protesters just support the lies of governments and NGOs.

The Gestapo tactics of European policemen only apply to people protesting against covid measures or inflation, mostly elderly people, while these climate protesters support the lies of governments and NGOs.

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
Reminds me of A. Tate standing with the police officers for a nice photo after a raid.

And it reminds me of the pictures showing migrants drowning in the Mediterranean, but when you zoom out, you can clearly see that it's all staged.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

@aaronsibarium thread continue...
Introduced earlier this month in the Connecticut State Assembly, the bill would let women skip the Candidate Physical Ability Test, a timed gauntlet used by fire departments across the country.

The test, which only 10 to 15 percent of women pass, requires candidates to complete intense physical tasks while wearing a 50 pound vest. It’s designed to simulate the experience of navigating a fire in heavy gear—and to weed out those unable to do so.

The law, introduced by five Democratic lawmakers, would offer women an alternative test based on "revised physical standards," with the goal of ensuring that "additional female candidates" qualify for firefighter positions.

But some firefighters, including women, who have climbed the ranks of their departments without workarounds, say the bill will set merit-based hiring ablaze and potentially endanger Connecticut residents.

"If you can’t handle a 50 pound vest, you’re not going to be able to rescue a child from a burning building," said Leah DiNapoli, a retired firefighter in New Haven, Conn.

"A citizen in need of rescue doesn’t care if a firefighter is white, black, Hispanic, male, or female," said Frank Ricci, who served as the president of the New Haven firefighters union. "They care that they can do the job."

"This attempt to socially engineer public safety positions will only serve to endanger the public."

Unlike in the military, where uniforms and equipment vary by gender, all firefighters wear the same gear, which weighs at least 59 pounds—9 more than the vest used for the test.

That’s not including the weight of ladders, hoses, or other firemen, who must sometimes carry incapacitated colleagues on their shoulders. While a few pieces of protective gear now come tailored for women, most of the essential tools do not.

"They don’t make lighter saws or ladders," DiNapoli said. "When I was there, they didn’t even make female-sized boots."

The law, she added, is "absolutely insane. Either you can do the job or you can’t."

Beyond putting lives at risk, critics say the law will exacerbate the suspicion, common among male firefighters, that women simply aren’t up for the job. Fire departments have always been an "old boys club," DiNapoli said, and around 91 percent of firefighters are men.

In this testosterone-fueled environment, sex-blind tests often serve as a stopgap against stereotypes, providing an objective assurance of physical competence.

"It’s already tough for women in the fire service, because you constantly have to prove your worth," a retired female firefighter from Chicago said. "How are you going to prove yourself if you don’t take the same test as the men?"

Danny Stratton, a retired fire captain from NJ, drew a parallel to affirmative action. "When you lower standards for minorities, people assume they got the job because of the color of their skin," Stratton said. "Lowering standards for women creates the same kind of stereotypes.

Such suspicions can imperil the trust and teamwork firefighting demands. "The guys I’m working with need to know that I can get them out of a bad situation," DiNapoli said. "If a woman can’t pass the test, men won’t want her on their shift."

This is not the first culture war between firefighters and government officials in Connecticut. In 2003, the New Haven fire department threw out the results of a written exam after none of the African Americans who took it scored high enough for a promotion.

Ricci, the former union president, who would have been promoted based on his results, sued the department, arguing that he and other non-black firefighters had been denied professional opportunities because of their race.

The Supreme Court agreed, ruling 5-4 that New Haven had violated anti-discrimination law.

Fire departments have nonetheless faced pressure to axe both written and physical tests—especially when women do poorly on them

In 2011, the Chicago Fire Department was hit with a class action lawsuit over its physical abilities test, which was even more difficult than the Candidate Physical Ability Test used in Connecticut and other state.

The complaint argued that Chicago’s test discriminated against women because so few of them could pass it. The department eventually settled, offering jobs to many of the women who were rejected under the old standard.

"A lot of men ridiculed those women," recalled the Chicago firefighter, who had passed the original test.

Though some fire service tests have been struck down on disparate impact grounds, the Candidate Physical Ability Test is not one of them.

Developed and validated by the International Association of Firefighters, it has survived multiple discrimination lawsuits, mostly from women, and received the blessing of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the agency that enforces civil rights laws in the workplace.

"The idea of the test was to keep politics out of fire service hiring," Stratton said. "Now they’re trying to add politics back in."

"Why do you care if some woke people don't believe in biology?"

Well, if those people succeed in getting rid of merit-based hiring at fire departments, the firefighters who come to your rescue might not be able to carry you, and you might all burn to death.

Seems bad!

TooFineAPoint

Pelican
Protestant
Anytime you see a political or economic or cultural action you think is "insane" or "stupid" or "would be different if they just knew the facts or human nature", realize that:

A. the decision maker figured out a way to make money from it
B. the fact that it hurts and demoralizes you is icing on the cake

I have started to view most Western "democratic" laws and rulings through this lens for the last few years, and things make a lot more sense.

God's lonely asperger

Woodpecker
Protestant
Not the clownest of clown world... but a few things could be said about this commercial

When did advertisement music get so bad? I wouldn't consider this even music.

For comparison, this is what was the ad music for the same company some years ago. Sure, it's soulless corporate music, but it's not as loud (the link blasted my ears when I clicked it, since it's at full volume when I click embed stuff) or with a message of "get out of my way", as a black woman acts like black women usually do without regard for any of the unlucky souls who were on Shaniqua's way.

Pointy Elbows

Pelican
Orthodox
Anytime you see a political or economic or cultural action you think is "insane" or "stupid" or "would be different if they just knew the facts or human nature", realize that:

A. the decision maker figured out a way to make money from it
B. the fact that it hurts and demoralizes you is icing on the cake

I have started to view most Western "democratic" laws and rulings through this lens for the last few years, and things make a lot more sense.
It all makes sense once you realize they want you dead.