The Humor Thread

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Just did a full Google search on the RVF forum for "Humor" and most of the results were either how to use humor to game women or does humor to game women actually work? As the focus of the forum has shifted to more of a pro Christian Men's stance I decided to create this new The Humor Thread for pure Humor's sake as a way of celebrating RVF as one of the last bastions of Christian Red Pill knowledge and wisdom on the interwebs and enjoying a good old fashioned belly laugh in the process.

I found it both ironic and edgy humor (Laughed my Arse off really) that Ricky Gervais took a buzz saw to the sanctimonious America Hating Christian Hating Hollywood elite and their Corporate Overlords in his scathing monologue at the Golden Globes last night after Sunday Night Football...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/golden-globes-2020-ricky-gervais

Golden Globe Awards host Ricky Gervais tears into Hollywood elite, Disney, Amazon, Apple...

Stars from films like “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” “Rocketman” and “The Irishman” as well as shows like "Big Little Lies," "The Crown" and "Barry" were in attendance but the comedian and host was undeterred by the many famous faces staring back at him.

"Apple roared into the TV game with 'The Morning Show,' a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing made by a company that runs sweatshops in China," he said." So you say you’re 'woke', but the companies you work for, Apple, Amazon, Disney... If ISIS had a streaming service you would be calling your agents."

Gervais then mocked the stars in attendance for their relation to the late sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein. Gervais declared that Epstein didn't kill himself, prompting groans from the crowd.

"Shut up, I know he’s your friend but I don’t care."

He also took a shot at Leonardo DiCaprio for his film "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" being three hours long.

"Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere and, by the end, his date was too old for him."

He added: "Even Prince Andrew is like, 'Come on Leo, mate. You’re nearly 50."

RUSSELL CROWE TO MISS GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS DUE TO DEVASTATING WILDFIRES IN AUSTRALIA...

He also set his sights on director Martin Scorsese's comments about Marvel movies being like theme parks, joking that he doesn't understand why the director would be at a theme park.

"He's not big enough for any of the rides."

Gervais concluded his scathing monologue by warning the celebrities not to make any political or "woke" statements when accepting their awards.

"You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything," he declared. "You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg."

So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and f–k off. OK?”

Clearly the Golden Globes organization approved this monologue and was sending a clear and hilarious signal to the attendees and international audience not to take themselves or Hollyweird too seriously though most of the Hollymorons did anyway - The Joker Joaquin Phoenix off his meds rant about loving that the Golden Globes meal was full on nutty Vegan was bizarro TV to say the least.

###

Who said that you can't be an edgy Comedian any more... Gervais has more balls than Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld with his Comedians in Cars getting Coffee shtick combined.

If anyone else has any decent recent edgy iconoclastic humor that flogs the Sacred Cows and icons of the Liberal Coastal Elites please do share here.

###

Easy_C

Peacock
Whether women will like humor is entire dependant on whether they find your "vibe" for lack of a bettee term attractive. It has little to do with if the jokes are actually funny.

Sidenote: it's even true to some extent with looks. I've seen women brag on how "burly" looking their ugly AF biker boyfriend is... and in general that space is really instructive about female nature because you see a LOT of fuck ugly bikers with hot women because those ugly bikers are practically oozing testosterone from every pore.

grenade001

Woodpecker
Catholic
A good Stand Up Comedian can be a great source of inspiration for how to properly tell a story, in addition to possible retorts.

This video is from 1995 talking about "if" PC ever came to Australia. The comedian is Steady Eddie, an Australian comedian with cerebral palsy. I saw him do a show a couple years ago, he is still kicking around in his mid 50s.

NSFW

Modern Aussie comedian - Issac Butterfield (NSFW)

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Personally I find humor vastly overvalued in modern society. It's more about being a dancing monkey, continuously entertaining clown, than making actual good and smart jokes every now and then. Good humor is sharpness and comes in the moment due to connecting several strings together in an original way, it can't be forced. But the idea that one has to be laughing or funny all time can be really detrimental to yourself and give you the reputation of a clown, take heed of that. I never seen Christ laughing and joking in the Bible by the way, so from a religious perspective I'd say peace and therefore stability is more important than humor and therefore chaos. It's indicative of a femcentric, female first, emotionalized society where emotion is valued over rationality.

JGB

Pigeon
Orthodox
This reminds me of a friend I had a long time ago who made a vow to stop doing self-deprecating humor because it made him feel insecure about himself. It made sense to me at the time, but now I think that self-deprecating humor is probably one of the best ways to be funny without it being at someone else's expense. It's also a way to combat pride in a way that is socially not extremely awkward.