The Hunting & Fishing Thread

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
I am a passionate sport fisherman. The subject of fishing has appealed to me since I was a child. I think this primal hunting and fishing instinct runs in some guys blood and doesn't appeal to others at all. Sooner or later I will also get a hunting license
Awesome. Ocean fishing, freshwater, both? Any favorite species you like to target?

Here in Canada we have some great fishing lakes with low pressure. Muskie, pike, bass, walleye are the main catches.

Brebelle3

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Some great info on here brothers.

I had an uncle that was a professional fisherman, sponsorship and traveled all over the US. I had another uncle that was a true mountain man, lived in a cabin and hunted all the big game, stuffed heads everywhere, tons of incredible firearms.

I was always asked to go with them when they hunted or fished and never did accept after becoming a teenager. I was more interested in being the town sports star and chasing girls.

The latter uncle has since passed and I often regret missing out on learning these wholesome traits from him.

I have a 10 month old boy and want to raise him with nature. I will go back to my rural blood, buy a piece of land, grow some food, and hunt and fish with him.

Even though I selfishly missed out on these things, I feel blessed that God has brought me back to wanting a life reminiscent of our ancestors.

I really appreciate the advice here.

Saxonia

Pigeon
Protestant
Awesome. Ocean fishing, freshwater, both? Any favorite species you like to target?

Here in Canada we have some great fishing lakes with low pressure. Muskie, pike, bass, walleye are the main catches.
Cheers fisherman or as we say in Germany "Petri"

To 99% of the time I fish in fresh water. The ocean is too far from my hometown and the fish we have there are not as interesting as in other oceans. I mainly fish for these three predatory fish we have here: pike, walleye, perch. Sometimes a trip for trout or carp fishing with a nice barbecue in summer, as carp fishing here is very passive.
Unfortunately we don't have any bass here, it has to be fun to catch. But perch can be fun too, and they are a very beautiful species.

My best catch so far was a king salmon over a meter tall. Not in Germany, of course, but on my last vacation in Chile. I was damn happy after that.

Early Bird

Woodpecker
Catholic
Cheers fisherman or as we say in Germany "Petri"

To 99% of the time I fish in fresh water. The ocean is too far from my hometown and the fish we have there are not as interesting as in other oceans. I mainly fish for these three predatory fish we have here: pike, walleye, perch. Sometimes a trip for trout or carp fishing with a nice barbecue in summer, as carp fishing here is very passive.
Unfortunately we don't have any bass here, it has to be fun to catch. But perch can be fun too, and they are a very beautiful species.

My best catch so far was a king salmon over a meter tall. Not in Germany, of course, but on my last vacation in Chile. I was damn happy after that.
I've never been to Germany. It would be great to enjoy some fishing or hunting in another country.

Perch is plentiful here as well, and not bad cooked up with some bacon and potatoes. Must have been fun fighting that salmon. The big ones pull out line like crazy. The walleye are the best tasting fish according to most here. Their populations are decreasing in some areas because natives fish them year round out of season and harvest so many.

If you ever visit Canada i think you would enjoy how rugged and untouched most of it is.

Cheers