The India-China conflict

Peacock
Gold Member
No firearms, reminds me of that post-apocalyptic TV show, "INTO THE BADLANDS". Spears, swords, bows and arrows should be issued to the soldiers.

Eisntein said "WW4 will be fought by sticks and stones" (not sure if he came up with it on his own, or if he's lifted it from someone else, like most of his work). It looks like that's also how WW3 could get started...

Peacock
Gold Member
Turns out China sent out a squad of top martial arts fighters, no wonder they wiped out the Indian troops:

China sent martial artists to India border before deadly clash

China reinforced its troops near the Indian border with mountain climbers and martial arts fighters shortly before a deadly clash this month, state media reported. Tensions are common between the two nuclear-armed neighbours in the mountainous border terrain, but this month's fighting was their deadliest encounter in over 50 years. Five new militia divisions including former members of a Mount Everest Olympic torch relay team and fighters from a mixed martial arts club presented themselves for inspection at Lhasa on June 15, official military newspaper China National Defense News reported.

a group of clouds in the sky over a mountain: An Indian fighter jet flies over Leh, the joint capital of the union territory of Ladakh, on June 25, 2020, part of a show of strength after a border showdown between Delhi and Beijing

State broadcaster CCTV showed footage of hundreds of new troops lining up in the Tibetan capital. Tibet commander Wang Haijiang said the Enbo Fight Club recruits would "greatly raise the organization and mobilization strength" of troops and their "rapid response and support ability,"

Chinese and Indian troops clashed later that day in the most violent confrontation between the two powers in decades, in the Ladakh region 1,300 kilometres away. India says 20 of its own soldiers were killed in brutal hand-to-hand combat that day, while China suffered an unknown number of casualties. Both sides have blamed each other for the battle, which was fought with rocks and batons without any shots fired. India said Thursday that it had reinforced troops in the contested Himalayan border region, saying it was matching a similar buildup by China.

India claims Chinese troops ambushed Indian soldiers and forced them down a ridge where they had gone to remove a Chinese "encroachment". A bilateral accord prevents the use of guns, but the fighting was still fierce, with rudimentary weapons. China has in turn accused Indian soldiers of twice crossing the Line of Actual Control, the unofficial boundary, provoking its troops. The two countries fought a war over the border in 1962. There is an understanding between the nuclear-armed neighbours that their troops in the disputed and inhospitable region will not use firearms.

Most countries with high mountain borders have specialized elite military divisions, in France the Chasseurs Alpins, set up in the 19th century, are known to have the toughest/hardest training of all military branches, they saw recent action in Afghanistan mountain terrain:

tumblr_pfqvrg1Ckf1tspqda_400.jpg

WW1 in the Alps

458547702.jpg

tumblr_oxukqn6UYY1w636mro1_1280.jpg

The twist here in the Himalayas is the hand to hand/no firearm combat rule, kind of hard to top Chinese martial artists with cold weapons...

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
This whole thing is a nothingburger.

Two super powers with nukes does not create a profitable environment for the (((war profiteers))) and will only stay in skirmish mode. Unless human stupidity overcomes that desire.

Should these two go at it I am sure Pakistan will be involved and China will have their own Sampson option. Highly likely the three gorges dam is targeted and that alone would kill many a Chinese. Hundreds of millions of refugees that would head West and into surrounding countries and then the starvation would come.

No profit in it unless it is part of the depopulation agenda.

Hi,

I am from India and I can tell you that in recent days the anti-Chinese sentiment has increased tremendously.

China, it seems is having issues with ALL of it's neighbours. Is there a neighbouring country with whom China is on friendly terms with ?

Basically, the Chinese want to claim everything, except the corona virus.

Unfortunately, it seems due to the anti Chinese sentiment in recent times, there have been a spate of racial attacks on anyone who looks Chinese and this has sadly also included people who are from the north east India, including Nepal.

Modi, in recent times had visited the soldiers but sadly it seems India is being alienated due to it's poor relations with countries such as Nepal who are going straight into China's hands.

Also the fact that the Indian Prime Minister did not wish the Dalai Lama on his birthday lest the Chinese get offended has only contributed to this perception of weakness.

Basically, the Chinese want to claim everything, except the corona virus.

I chuckled.

These parts are contradictory of course

China, it seems is having issues with ALL of it's neighbours. Is there a neighbouring country with whom China is on friendly terms with ?

Modi, in recent times had visited the soldiers but sadly it seems India is being alienated due to it's poor relations with countries such as Nepal who are going straight into China's hands.

As for its neighbours, Pakistan and North Korea could be considered allies. Russia is a strategic partner. Nepal apparantly too, by your own statement. Myanmar is heavily targeted by the Chinese and pulled into their zone of influence. As are the Central Asian states through the Belt and Road Initiative

I am not sure about Laos

China has (maritime) territorial conflicts with Japan, India, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam and Brunei

Peacock
Gold Member
Most of SE Asia is economically dominated by ethnic Chinese minorities, Indonesia, Malaysia,, Philippines especially. Japan and S. Korea can "play" the US vs China, they are geopolitically and historically US allies/colonies, but have become economically integrated with China.

S. Korean exports by country:

1594134816406.png

India has traditionally purchased most of its weapons from Russia, it would be interesting to see if they pivot to W. Europe, like buying more Rafale fighters from France, given that Russia is increasingly allied with China.

Attachments

• 1594134753478.png
    1594134753478.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
It seems things are starting to heat up. I'm willing to bet my laptop that China stole the data for these Exoskeletons from another country, like they always do. I suppose that means we should them elsewhere soon, if it's the US they might get exported at least. Then again, the US military selling equipment is simply cold war era of them, though I suppose we are actually in a cold war right now.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
It seems things are starting to heat up. I'm willing to bet my laptop that China stole the data for these Exoskeletons from another country, like they always do. I suppose that means we should them elsewhere soon, if it's the US they might get exported at least. Then again, the US military selling equipment is simply cold war era of them, though I suppose we are actually in a cold war right now.

Hey, in Alpha Centauri, running a game based on stealing technologies with Probe Teams while you focus on economy and infrastructure is a perfectly legitimate (and often winning) strategy....

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
Looks like the Indian troops armed with clubs and shields beat-up the Chinese force fairly convincingly in the first part of the melee'. But then, after nightfall, it appears the Chinese brought up some reinforcements, blinded the Indians with strobe lights, then kicked them back across the river. The Chinese admit that they lost four dead vs the 20 that India admits that they lost. I wonder if most of the Indian dead were because they were knocked unconscious and drowned in the river? That river water must have been freezing cold at that altitude.

Peacock
Gold Member
As well this is all taking place at 5,000m altitude, you can pass out from exhaustion and die quickly in a fight, and supposedly it's hard to stop the bleeding at that altitude. A hit on head with a club or a stone is a lot more dangerous at 5,000m than at normal altitudes, because your brain blood vessels are a lot more likely to burst.

This is probably the most hostile terrain there is for a caveman-style no holds barred battle.