The internet censorship thread

Teutatis

Pelican
Gold Member
So apparently Youtube went through some changes. I had to login and it asked me that same bullshit they've been asking for some time, your real name, phone number (I wonder when will it be that they won't let you login anymore if you don't provide your real data, I bet it's not that far away now), but even after I skipped those steps it automatically created me a google+ profile. I neither want nor need one, but apparently google thinks I do.

The other change is on the comments section, they're giving more power to the video creator/poster to censor comments with the excuse of taming the trolls. Is this justified or is it just one more step towards censorship and the end of anonymity on the web?

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member
RE: Youtube, Google, and the new age of censorship

I was going to post about this. This is what you get when you get feminists and sanctimonious leftists in control.

Unable to handle dissension, they now call arguing "trolling." You can no long reply directly to commenters on YouTube because of this. They also automatically sort comments in a way that interrupts the natural flow of conversation.

So in order to avoid what they call "trolls," the other 99 percent of people no longer get to simply converse about music or politics -- which is what most of us did. As for alleged trolls, I have a YouTube channel and it was never difficult to moderate if you had to. You could simply delete or turn off comments. So this change was gratuitous.

This new policy is so disastrous that YouTube co-founder Jawed Karim came out against it in a profanity-laced tirade (link here).

Although "follow the money" applies here -- because they're doing this to force people into signing up for Google Plus -- the whining from the left gave them an excuse to do this.

Some more links:

Here is another story about how they did this to "tame" comments.

The LA Times is reporting 47,000 people have taken up a petition to get them to change back.

And of course, someone with a vagina takes the cake for the most idiotic article of all. She rounds up cherry-picked comments to compile a list of the "most typical YouTube comments responding to YouTube comments."

Even if you don't give a fuck about exchanging ideas regarding hair bands or John Kerry or whatever, this does not bode well for society. Yes, they are a corporation and can do what they want. But the fact that a small group of whiners influenced this shows how much power they have.

So, to sum it all up, it's the same old story. Men invented it and women ruined it. And we can throw the whiny manginas in the latter category.

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member

It's finally kicking off. The whole of youtube is in a massive battle right now.

Comments being deleted, emails being deleted. It's finally happening.

The recent news about the big corporations not being happy about certain videos being monetized with advertising revenue by them, was just a smoke screen. Just like the dead boy on the beach. Just like the twin towers coming down on 9/11.

It was what is known in the trade as 'priming' - propaganda to prepare a population for some pretty heavy paradigm changes.

It is going absolutely mental right now on youtube. It's pure psychological operations (psyops). This is a game changer. This can not be blamed on technical glitches - it is a full out assault via machine learning software, and also what might even be an army of real people reacting in real time. Paranoia? Maybe.

Post a comment on a political site. Log out. Is that comment still there?

It seems that at the moment they are only able to censor comments that are new. If you reply to someone else's comment it will probably get through. But comments and whole threads of comments are getting pushed so far down the stack of the thousands of comments that they are missing effectively. You have to go through thousands of comments to see yours.

I have proven that I have been shadow banned. I can see my comments when logged in, but not when logged out. There seems to be some kind of flag against political commentators. And then they get flagged against sites that are deemed subversive. Thousands of comments are going missing. They are jigging this in real time as well as they tweak the beta software they are rolling out.

Just a theory.

For facts, see these videos:

Read the comments. Try and comment yourself if you have an account with youtube. Log out. See if your comment is still there. It seems that they have flagged about 50 percent of all commentators to shadow ban. This is a massive cull and people are going apeshit over it.

Youtube probably won't look the same next week. They have got their grip on things, their monopoly. They have all the stats they need for their machine learning software. They know where everyone lives. I have been locked out for the first time in over 10 years from my youtube account. It's a nightmare to get back in. Once you are flagged, they will make life very difficult for you. Once they see you are testing the system they will lock you out. I suggest you keep a couple of tabs open where you are logged in and then refresh them to check.

This is a very new development and it is very ugly.

Pewdiepie was the first shot across the bows - no one reacted. They know we are fair game, beaten, weak, cowards who will not fight back. And now they strike. Try it yourself - go to a political channel and make a comment. Log out, see if the comment is still there. People have noticed this going on now for the last weeks and months. No one replying to anything they say on channels that get 10's of thousands of views. No like, no dislike - nada. They had been shadow banned. But now there is a cull. They must have been building up a database for a while, and tonight they pushed the fucking button.

Try it for yourself, and see if you have been flagged as a dissident troublemaker to be put against the wall and shot come the revolution via google.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong on this one. But hundreds of youtube commentators can't be wrong. And why the fuck would anyone shadow ban me? Oh yeah, that's right... kicking against the pricks...

hedonist

Kingfisher

The one that truly blows me away is facebook...can no one come up with a stripped down version as an alternative?

Pacesetter20

Kingfisher
Gold Member

hedonist said:
The one that truly blows me away is facebook...can no one come up with a stripped down version as an alternative?

The same reason there is only BlueRay. Winner-take-all network effects. Not that surprising.

Paracelsus

Crow
Gold Member

Leonard D Neubache said:
For the discerning dissenter.

[img=600x770]https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/4hldgk.jpg?w=768&h=768[/img]

Anyone who gives a shit needs to be across the mediums on both sides of the fence.

Per Milton Friedman, discrimination is its own punishment. That goes for censorship too on platforms whose principal appeal is that you're meant to be able to put up anything not covered by copyright or flagrantly illegal. Piss off too many narcissists or put one too many clicks and logins on the site, and you're done.

Amazon understands this, which is why nobody is going to beat it in the Internet middleman stakes for quite some time.

But then Amazon is about as capitalist and consumer-focused as you can get on the Internet: it is ruthlessly devoted to minimising the amount of energy you must expend to spend money on their site, which is why we're getting down to the point of one-click shopping over there, and why, though its business model is inherently flawed, it will persist for a lot longer than anyone thinks.

Sites like Youtube which live principally on advertising revenue fail to understand they are in precisely the same position as the mainstream media and newspapers were immediately before the Internet shot them between the eyes. If someone comes up with a site more convenient, less political, less bureaucratic, and manages to become accepted by the young, early-adopter generation, Youtube is toast.

Aurini

Ostrich

Teutatis said:
So apparently Youtube went through some changes. I had to login and it asked me that same bullshit they've been asking for some time, your real name, phone number (I wonder when will it be that they won't let you login anymore if you don't provide your real data, I bet it's not that far away now), but even after I skipped those steps it automatically created me a google+ profile. I neither want nor need one, but apparently google thinks I do.

The other change is on the comments section, they're giving more power to the video creator/poster to censor comments with the excuse of taming the trolls. Is this justified or is it just one more step towards censorship and the end of anonymity on the web?

When i got banned last year, I didn't *have* a phone. Trying to find someone with a phone, which wasn't connected to Google/Youtube already was a nightmare.

Here in Canada they require an ID to buy a burner phone. Expect that to come to the States soon.

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member

I'm slowly piecing together what is going on with this latest nefarious development. I'm coming at it from a programming perspective and how I might implement it.

This is what I think is happening.

youtube (google) is flagging certain sites that are considered political, hate speech or whatever. It doesn't seem to affect the really nasty racist vile youtube sites that say 'kill all the niggers', but ones promoting racial harmony and providing realtalk on race relations.

Also sites that are big in size - Styxhexenhammer666, Stefan Molyneux, Sargon of Akkad, Mr. Metokur - sites that have 100,000's of subs.

I just got shadow banned from a site promoting racial harmony. It contains no offensive content and breaks no laws (the guy running it is a lawyer). There are comments on his page saying 'all black men are fucking animals - no exceptions'. And they are allowed to exist, yet they are deleting my comments. I am promoting racial harmony. I am saying 'no, not all black men are fucking animals' kind of thing.

Now, ask yourself why a big corporation like youtube ((google)) would want to promote racial hatred in the name of banning hate speech.

Why would they allow comments like 'all black men must hang' to exist, but delete those that say 'you are racist no one gives a fuck what you think'.

They are doing this in the name of banning hate speech.

I posted on some guitar channels and all my comments got through. That is because they have not been flagged from a programming perspective.

So they are flagging certain sites, and then they are flagging certain users. They are only deleting comments on the flagged 'political' sites, and only if the user commenting is deemed subversive and has already been flagged (such as me). So a lot of comments are getting through, but a lot aren't.

Many many people are just noticing this now it is coming to light.

It used to be that if you replied to a comment then your comment would show up below, but as I predicted, they are tweaking the software, and now they even have the ability to shadow ban and delete comments in replies.

So basically, the cunts have put me on a list. And they have put small channel owners (1000 subs) on a list as well and flagged them as hate speech even though they promote racial harmony, whilst allowing 'all black men are niggers and must hang' comments free reign.

Make of that what you will. I call it fucking sinister in the extreme.

Men went to war and died for these freedoms.

We are being led by the nose, we are being farmed. Like I said, they have plans for us. And it is essential for them that black and white fight and rip each other's throats out. When a site that promotes the coming together of black and white people to live in harmony gets censored as hate, you know you are living in bizzaro world ((c) Justin Raimondo.

Peace is war.
War is peace.

Yup, it's finally started to happen. Mass migrations taking place to alternatives, well at least that is the idea. Just bringing this to light if you wondered why your youtube comments never get a like or a reply.

This doesn't happen on guitar channels, as they are not flagged. And also the really fucking vile shit white nationalist 'hang all the niggers' channels are still up, and you probably wouldn't want to read the comments there.

Youtube are promoting the culling of Black Men, as I see it, in the name of 'peace'.

Looks like it's game on.

Fast Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member

Rigsby said:

I just got shadow banned from a site promoting racial harmony. It contains no offensive content and breaks no laws (the guy running it is a lawyer). There are comments on his page saying 'all black men are fucking animals - no exceptions'. And they are allowed to exist, yet they are deleting my comments. I am promoting racial harmony. I am saying 'no, not all black men are fucking animals' kind of thing.

Now, ask yourself why a big corporation like youtube ((google)) would want to promote racial hatred in the name of banning hate speech.

Why would they allow comments like 'all black men must hang' to exist, but delete those that say 'you are racist no one gives a fuck what you think'.

Youtube are promoting the culling of Black Men, as I see it, in the name of 'peace'.

Looks like it's game on.

I have to disagree with the underlined. Assuming what you wrote in bold is true (and I don't comment on youtube so I have no idea) this is clearly an effort to stir up rage and hatred against whites, not against blacks. You build up hate in a person against a group not by calling that group bad things, but by making it seem like that group is calling that person bad things.

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member

Fast Eddie said:
Rigsby said:

Looks like it's game on.

I have to disagree with the underlined. Assuming what you wrote in bold is true (and I don't comment on youtube so I have no idea) this is clearly an effort to stir up rage and hatred against whites, not against blacks. You build up hate in a person against a group not by calling that group bad things, but by making it seem like that group is calling that person bad things.

I would have no reason to lie about that. If you didn't already know, sites like that are all over youtube. I dare say they will start to get taken down eventually, maybe. But there is obviously an agenda here.

With regard to your second point, yes, you could look at it that way as well. If I was black, that is how I would look at it. Just coming from a white perspective.

As I said, make of it what you will. But there are many many examples of channels like that on youtube. They host snuff videos, it's not too much of a stretch that they provide divide and conquer stuff as well.

Don't take my word for it. Try it yourself. It might take you a while to get flagged as a political dissident though if you don't have much of a youtube history. But it's not just me that has been shadow banned, go to the links I put up before and read the comments. Many such instances.

Just wanted to add that it seems some of my comments are getting through after a bit of a delay. This would imply that I am actually being spied on in real time by a real person. The times are random and not all comments get through. I'm still trying to work it out. If it was merely a caching issue, why wouldn't it occur on the guitar channels I post on? why only on political channels? So far youtube are maintaining plausible deniability, but then again the cat is out of the bag now - things can only get worse from here.

People are being shadow banned from promoting and being pro-Trump. But all those vile comments I mentioned earlier are OK? There is also black hate speech on youtube as well if you look for it, but it's not how I spend my time. There's a small little community of us promoting racial harmony and real talk, both black and white, and we kind of piggy back off each other's likes and comments. We don't waste our time on the hate channels, other than for research purposes of seeing what is out there and what is allowed. It's very telling.

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member

Quick update. Even though all my comments are invisible/erased when I log out, my mate replied to one of them so obviously he can see them even when I can't.

Funny thing is, he then got his comments deleted replying to me.

But it was a long post with "free speech neo nazi white nationalist asian supremacist sjw feminist" keywords in it and more. It was a beautiful speech from him. Good job I saved it and screenshotted it before it got deleted. You can't even see it when I am logged in and all my comments are otherwise visible.

This tells me that they are flagging users and shadow banning them (yet others can still see the posts, sometimes) and they are also scanning for and flagging content and then deleting it. He is probably flagged now and put on to the same political dissident list as me.

Again, I posted a few times in non-controversial videos, and everything showed up straight away. Not to say that these videos are controversial at all. They are doing it en mass in Stefan Molyneux's videos and Sargon and Styx - and they aren't as 'edgy' by half, though to some they are. They are just flagging anything that isn't a cat video as political, then flagging users probably by content and then by association. It's spreading like wildfire across the whole of youtube (that I can see anyway).

Like I said, youtube might be a very different place next week if this keeps up. They really are turning up the heat. The comment section have pretty much become unusable now. Expect to hear more of this as more and more people realise they have been shadow banned. But how is he able to see my posts? I've even gone through proxies and whatnot, but my posts never show up when logged out. Somehow they always know it is me. So much for VPNs - I guess they have a forensic fingerprint of my machine ID somehow. Good job I don't do anything bad. What a fuckup.

I don't think the political content is a big revenue stream for youtube. Intelligent people that watch that over the cat videos are going to be inherently less receptive to advertising, even if the advertisers weren't too chickenshit to have their products associated with controversial videos.

Consider that the best hustlers in the manosphere seem to only generate enough internet money to sustain a middle-class lifestyle, while some teenage girl can talk about her makeup and rake in millions.

To that end, it makes sense that youtube sees the SJW pogroms that alt right content engenders as an annoyance, and would prefer to remove the political content or at least push it into the corner.

I have a VK account (a king of "Russian Facebook"). It works fine but it is less popular.

hedonist said:

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member

For a pretty astute analysis of the wider picture and why this is happening:

Watch from just before the 10 minute mark. He sums things up quite nicely. From Trump to the MSM panic, to the hypocrisy of not censoring channels that say 'gas the jews' and 'kill whitey', but censoring other channels they view as a threat. They want the divide and conquer channels to stay, but the intelligent debate and free speech has to go. They aren't just shadow banning users, they are doing all kinds of tricks from demonetizing videos to unsubbing people from their channels. It's dirty. And this isn't about money, it's about control. It's the death throes of a dying paradigm. And it will only get uglier.

Btw, the channel that shadow banned me has now got my comments (and my mate's comments) back in full. Don't I feel stupid now. Either I am being monitored in real time and they are just fucking with me, or their AI machine learning algorithm has run out of control and soon to implode. It's just not making any sense at all.

Roosh, I know you were getting to like youtube, and I think it would have been a good extra platform for you, but the way things are going now, I just don't see it as a good time to get in to it. It will be interesting to see how this pans out as they are pissing off the most vocal and most intelligent and the most powerful people on youtube. They are creating massive ill will. And google doesn't have much good will left being the evil bastards that they are. They are being strong armed by governments and politicians and have dragged in the corporations to the fight via advertising and forcing them to take a moral stand. It's just ill conceived and it won't end well. Watch that video for some insight.

Aurini

Ostrich

Styxhexenhammer666 has his take on the matter, along as a proposed solution:

My own take on the matter (video and written) is here. Quote:

The Logic of Empire is a science fiction novella by Robert A. Heinlein which explores the reasoning behind chattel-slavery. It explores the lives of plantation owners on Venus, who keep their employees indentured through the Company Store, and overpriced addictive drugs, even though this relegates the Owners into becoming the servile Master in the Hegel’s master-slave dialectic. As is repeatedly pointed out by the characters, it doesn’t make a lick of sense – a true free market, and respect for the workers, would triple production – but nonetheless there is a logic behind the broken word they promote.

The same thing goes for our current paradigm of manufactured consent. Companies and governments stay in power by empowering the lowest common denominator, but the result is a trashy, second-rate world full of third-rate people. They rule over empires of dirt, rather than cohabiting with virtuous and engaging fellow humans. Everybody’s miserable, and society is decaying, but at least the logic of it all remains consistent.

That structural insanity is what’s behind the latest YouTube censorship; and given the current structures, any replacement for YouTube would quickly embrace the same toxic standards.

The ultimate source of the problem is the citizens – you and me. Garbage in, garbage out. The reason low-quality pablum dominates is because you and I let it. The solution is for us to put our money where our mouth is.

The status quo wants you to remain a passive consumer, unengaged and uninvolved. Content for free – so long as you consume the content that they tell you to consume. They promise free access to the commons, so long as you don’t complain. Nonetheless, tragedy will result. So with that in mind, I’ll be suspending YouTube advertising from my videos indefinitely; and I ask that you consider supporting your favourite content-creators financially.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. We all need to put our money where our mouth is.

Anyone know if that Spiritual Tasha Mama & those other "Breastfeeding Mothers" who pose nude on YouTube to breastfeed their 8-12-year-old son are affected by the change in YouTube Ad-sense policy?

One of my friend's YT channel received at least three demonetizing emails per day from YT recently.

Aurini said:
Teutatis said:

When i got banned last year, I didn't *have* a phone. Trying to find someone with a phone, which wasn't connected to Google/Youtube already was a nightmare.

Here in Canada they require an ID to buy a burner phone. Expect that to come to the States soon.

They enforced that law now? I remember that when I was in Toronto in 2015, I purchased a burner phone from Walmart, but the "catch" was that a female "store clerk" started to input my personal information to activate the phone, which wasn't the case back in 2012 where they didn't require that.

Plus, it is becoming very common that people are forced to prove proof of address & income in order to sign up for Data plans in Canada. They want even the Social Insurance # as in the case of Rogers.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox

Media is still going after Youtubers with fake naaratives:

A Mail on Sunday investigation today exposes how Google has cashed in on a sickening YouTube video that shows viewers how to kill someone in a stab vest like the one worn by PC Keith Palmer when he was murdered in the Westminster terror attack.

The vile video was online for six months before the outrage and could be viewed for days afterwards, despite widespread warnings that UK jihadis use such material for training.

The seven-minute film, entitled How To Pierce A Stab Proof Vest, demonstrates how to plunge a knife through protective body armour and has been viewed nearly a quarter of a million times – generating thousands of pounds in advertising revenue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shows-knife-expert-penetrating-stab-vest.html