The internet censorship thread

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Not internet, but couldn't find a relevant thread.

Former Facebook goon wants NewsMax an OAN kicked off cable networks. People can still find them if they want to ... while other slimeballs work on pulling their hosting and having them banned from social media.

The woke purge​

Twitter’s suspension of Donald Trump is a chilling sign of tyranny to come.

Cancel culture doesn’t exist, they say. And yet with the flick of a switch, billionaire capitalists voted for by precisely nobody have just silenced a man who is still the democratically elected president of the United States. With the push of a button in their vast temples to technology, the new capitalist oligarchs of Silicon Valley have prevented a man who won the second largest vote in the history of the American republic just two months ago — 74million votes — from engaging with his supporters (and critics) in the new public square of the internet age.

Full story: https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/01/09/the-woke-purge/
the 'woke purge', I know this isn't an MSM article, but love the way MSM just portrays this as a force of nature, as if it's something our elite couldn't stop if they wanted to.

Bird

Kingfisher
Former Facebook goon wants NewsMax an OAN kicked off cable networks. People can still find them if they want to ... while other slimeballs work on pulling their hosting and having them banned from social media.

I would feel better, if there was an already working concept in place to prevent possible future attacks against forum and blog.
We are talking about serveral messengers we could use instead, but is this a surrogate to the forum?

I would feel better, if there was an already working concept in place to prevent possible future attacks against forum and blog.
We are talking about serveral messengers we could use instead, but is this a surrogate to the forum?
it's never going to stop. The left will go for payment processing, they will probably purge common carrier laws or override them with a domestic terrorist act (this will be an end run around the 1A and 2A as well) and literally cut the power server farms. I suspect 'anti terrorist' stuff will be baked into OS and firmware as well.
I know that sounds "blackpill" but better to realistically asses things. There is a chance that this could all blow up in their faces/backfire, but right now it's a fire burning pretty hot.

fokker

Ostrich
I don't know if this belongs in here, but Turkey have decided to ban Twitter in the country due to "digital fascism" (censorship):

If this and the Cuties ban a few months ago aren't Erdogan's redemption arc, I don't know what is.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
I deactivated my Facebook account today. I didn't delete it completely because several of my friends on there live overseas and have so far declined to open accounts on MeWe like I have. I think it's because they aren't active on Facebook, so don't consider that they're really using it except just to be able to contact their friends when they need to. They hardly ever post anything. I could have just gotten their emails, I guess. I may do that eventually.

I really need to find a men's private club in my area. I've looked at Moose and the Masons. The problem is that both prohibit political discussions among their members. Also, when I look at the posted photos of their members, most of them look like eccentric senior citizens. Nothing particularly wrong with that, of course, but I'd really like a club that has at least some members who aren't retired and are still working. I've inquired with the Proud Boys, but my discussions with them all petered out, usually after I told them my age. I've heard that the Proud Boys is resistant to middle-aged men and is looking for younger members. Also, being a member of that group could cause me trouble with my employers.

Jack Murphy's club (Liminal Man) is a possibility.

Towgunner

Woodpecker
I started the morning listening to Sargon of Akkad, now the Lotuseaters. He was going on about the biden era and all the implications for Patriots. Censorship, deplatforming, cancel culture, even commercial enterprises refusing service.

We all know this story. Social media, banking, commerce, internet...are being denied to many people. What Sargon thinks will happen, and I agree with him, is this will force people, the Patriots if you will, for create their own alternatives. As this unfolds, we will be effectively creating our own society. I welcome this development.

Think of the commercial greenfield opportunities. Talk about reinventing the wheel, but, not out of inefficiency, rather, practicality. Want to be a billionaire? Start a bank or a Patriot Amazon. Its not like this requires all the upfront innovation and all the rest. This would be a copy and paste sort of thing.

Over the past couple of months, as we headed towards this disaster (yesterday), I thought a lot about something I call "microsecession". Secession deserves its own topic altogether and it will very likely be very relevant as the fraud potus tries to do anything. Microsecession is a concept that I think is applicable to the ~ 40% of Trump voters in Massachusetts, a decidedly liberal state. Because through our own individual choices we can culturally secede in place by selecting only the things that we want to enter into our individual transom. Technology, namely the web, enables this. I have NO idea what is "popular" in "pop culture". No clue what the popular sitcom is. I haven't watched a sitcom in decades. Everyone here, has pretty much microseceded already. Its kind or easy.

You start to see signs of this. People rarely talk about pop events any more. A generation ago, the movie that got best picture at the Oscars would have been discussed collectively for a couple days. This doesn't happen today. The oscars come and go and we hardly notice it. Interestingly pro sports, of all things...a real opiate for men, is going through the same process. Fewer people talk sports any longer.

The metrics all support my observations. Heck, its like each year the oscars chooses a smaller venue.

So, stay tuned, things are happening.

Last edited:

PaulC

Robin
I must have gotten someone's attention at YouTube. All my comments going back one week have vanished. These are across different types of channels, most of which have nothing to do with politics or social commentary. Some of them were as innocuous as "Thanks for sharing" and "He is a handsome dog".

As a test, I posted a few more comments in random videos. They all showed up for a bit, but later vanished. I checked with one channel owner who verified that he didn't delete the comments, and that they didn't go into spam because of keywords.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
I must have gotten someone's attention at YouTube. All my comments going back one week have vanished. These are across different types of channels, most of which have nothing to do with politics or social commentary. Some of them were as innocuous as "Thanks for sharing" and "He is a handsome dog".

As a test, I posted a few more comments in random videos. They all showed up for a bit, but later vanished. I checked with one channel owner who verified that he didn't delete the comments, and that they didn't go into spam because of keywords.
Surprised they did that. They just shadowban all mine.

srd

Pigeon
LOL Sargon of M0ssad and fake Patriots... the real 'patriots' have been eliminated, arrested, driven off the commons or isolated... all patriot movements are run by the banker who funds them and uses such groups to identify potential opposition and 'deal with them', as well as for pushing various agendas and making the population think there is organised opposition where none exists to the banker and his/her plans. No one has done more to push globalism the Americans, the CIA and the US military, and these groups have also helped to destroy white Europeans who experience mass unregulated immigration due to unlawful wars of aggression in the Middle East and forcible regime changes. Outside of the Anglosphere im pretty sure a lot of people are savvy to what ive said and dont expect 'Americans' or 'patriots' to save the day when these groups are conquered and controlled. They just come across as too obvious and dumb, like watching a WWE wrestling match with bad acting.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Source: "This is the person policing your internet."

64dc57921c7c0362.png

Source: "OH YOU MEAN THE GREMLIN THAT POLICES THE INTERNET IS A FORMER CIA OPERATIVE?! I am personally SHOCKED."

b1c77d6a14cf2ce6.png

Source: "Why'd the Gremlin protect her tweets today? Did I strike a nerve? Glad to know you're watching, Cindy. I see you. And I have archives."

"Former CIA, current police of the internet, fellow of the Atlantic Council. Predictable."

3b24a1e665f9cb4d.png

fokker

Ostrich
Google have decided to ban their search engine in Australia if they have to pay to show news from Australian sites:

Hopefully it'll get more Aussies to switch to DDG.

Bird

Kingfisher

64dc57921c7c0362.png

Source: "OH YOU MEAN THE GREMLIN THAT POLICES THE INTERNET IS A FORMER CIA OPERATIVE?! I am personally SHOCKED."

b1c77d6a14cf2ce6.png

Source: "Why'd the Gremlin protect her tweets today? Did I strike a nerve? Glad to know you're watching, Cindy. I see you. And I have archives."

"Former CIA, current police of the internet, fellow of the Atlantic Council. Predictable."

3b24a1e665f9cb4d.png

Where is the spoiler ? :vomit:

Google have decided to ban their search engine in Australia if they have to pay to show news from Australian sites:

Hopefully it'll get more Aussies to switch to DDG.

Pride comes before the fall!
I can't remember when I last used jewgle search.

Last edited:
Update.

The Brave plugin Privacy Redirect will now redirect all your searches to one of about 50 or so instances of Searx, an open source search engine that can be setup by anyone. You will need to go to preferences in the top right of the site to set it up as you want. You can have it return the same results as Google, Duck, Bing, others, or a mix of them.

Give it a few days to get used to the interface and find the settings that suit you.

Time to deprive Google of the ad revenue that sustains their status in the one-part state and the data which they provide for the surveillance state.

Get on Gab, Parler, Minds, Steemit, Invidious, Nitter, Telegram, Invidious, Lbry, Odysee.

Dump Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, Youtube.

Screenshot-at-2021-01-11-14-45-23.png

Interesting. By the way, you can easily create your own Searx server. It's pretty straightforward. You can first install it on your computer, then move it to a VPS.

We need more T in tech. I can't spot a single non faggot. That's a problem. My hope is the alt net (gab, crypto, the future) will be built by men who at least still fit the general definition.

Non-entrepreneur IT engineers with a lot of experience are unfortunately fags and low-T mostly. Who else could support working for big corporations for 20 years until you reach the "guru" status?

I have seen that Telegram was mentioned here, and I do enjoy it, since until recently it was pretty lax about banning people and was really fun.

However, about two weeks ago admins nuked a bunch of channels. A few of those were somewhat more outspoken about potential ways out of dealing with the left, while others were totally peaceful and were covering topics related to prepping, homesteading, living off the grid. Now many of them are gone and it looks like the banwave will continue, since today a channel called Breadpilled was nuked - and they mostly posted religious content.

Now folks on Telegram think that it might be a good idea to start using Element/Matrix, since they believe it is a safer option that can be self-hosted, as far as I understand.

The comments on the official White House Youtube are absolutely hysterical along with record breaking dislikes. Now the White House is going through and disabling comments for all of their videos

Didn't Trump lose a lawsuit that prevented him from blocking any of his constituents on Twitter? Seems like the same thing to me

edit: I guess a lot of Trump's youtube videos have comments turned off as well. But a much better Like ratio

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member

People keep talking about how the government might pass laws removing the First Amendment – but there isn’t any need to do that.

We are already a nation totally devoid of freedom of speech. America has less freedom of speech than any country in history, it’s just that they play these weird legalistic games with it.

Right now:

• The government has worked with tech companies, through deregulation, tax incentives and infrastructure projects, to build the internet.
  • The government has claimed that tech monopolies are legal, even if they are unregulated.
  • While unregulated, these companies maintain special legal protections (basically reverse deregulation).
  • The government has done nothing to prevent tech companies from systematically working together through totally public international conspiracies to silence the ability of individuals to speak publicly.
  • The government fires people for political speech.
  • The government allows private companies, including companies that it contracts with, to fire people for political speech.
  • Communications platforms that are used primarily for personal communications, rather than publishing, are being shut down, and the government refuses to do anything about it.
  • All of the speech that is being silenced is in opposition to policies enforced by the government.
  • You are banned from gathering publicly, by the government.
You only have to take a single step back from all of the bullshit about “private companies” to see that this is an organized state policy to silence speech that the government disagrees with.
You have a right to free speech. A conspiracy of companies colluding to take away that right is not “private companies making private decisions,” it is a conspiracy to violate your rights. These people doing the censorship will say openly that their goal is to stop people from speaking.

I made the analogy four years ago, and I will make it again.

Imagine that:

1. Every grocery store refuses you entry because of your politics.
  2. Every restaurant refuses you entry because of your politics.
  3. The government bans you from hunting in public parks.
  4. You are told by the government and the media that you are not being denied a right to eat, because you can still grow your own food.
  5. No one will sell you farmland, because of your politics.
All of that, according to our government, is legal and could happen now.

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member

64dc57921c7c0362.png

b1c77d6a14cf2ce6.png

3b24a1e665f9cb4d.png
No 8+ is doing this because they are too occupied by their relationships with quality men. It's always a rat like this. In a healthy world she would have no voice beyond her daddy's household.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
Just a few days ago I noticed I wasn't able to promote any of my posts on Instagram. I have a photography business with two accounts.

It was bringing up some bullshit error message and I forgot about it. Yesterday after failing to promote a post again, I decided to dig a little deeper to see what was up. Just trying to find out what the problem was took me forever.

It turns out my PERSONAL FACEBOOK ACCOUNT (which unfortunately is linked to both my IG and my Facebook business account) has been "restricted" and thus I am not allowed to advertise my business on other Facebook-owned platforms.

After talking with a tech savvy friend of mine, it appears the algorithm was tightened up during the election, and using trigger words like Trump or Covid will put you on their radar. I very, very occasionally comment under news articles (but am ALWAYS civil, never abusive, and I always avoid anything too contentious - like BLM for example).

I have commented lately about Covid, and I am pretty sure this has flagged my account.

I have spoken to a rep who said there has been "suspicious activity" on my account and I have been forced to submit photo ID.

It has scared me - my ability to advertise and market is unfortunately dependent on these tech monopolies.

It is terrifying they can simply restrict your account or ban you, and they can do it without blinking an eye. They are beyond reproach, and good luck trying to figure out what rule you've broken.