The internet censorship thread

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Great news to see Rumble take off. Gab tv is still slow for me.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Beware of using Google.
Google is working with the US government to reveal your identity if you searched for certain things online.

If you thought that typing something into a google search was anonymous, you are wrong.

Also, remember that the number of tracking cookies on all types of websites today is so pervasive, that Facebook, Google, etc. know who you are and can track your activity even if you don't have an account with them or visit their web pages.

I use a Raspberry Pi "pi hole" to block ads and spy traffic on a hardware level, and the top offending sites are usually on Facebook. I don't have a facebook, but companies I buy products from, use facebook or google for marketing, payment, or other purposes, and so Facebook knows a good bit about me and can track what I do through these cookies, and even sell information about me to others, despite me not having a facebook account.

I like the top comment on this article "Another conspiracy theory proven to be true"!

Pavel

Robin
Orthodox
I run an online business and after a few YouTube strikes under "harmful material" today they have completely terminated our YouTube channel which we have over 4 years of materials and spent probably more than $20,000 on the content creation (hiring studio, actors, editing, etc). Hundreds of thousands of views, likes and comments are all gone.
I know Roosh channel was also terminated. If anyone has any experience with being able to reinstate a removed channel, please get in touch with me. I would really appreciate your help.

jarlo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I run an online business and after a few YouTube strikes under "harmful material" today they have completely terminated our YouTube channel which we have over 4 years of materials and spent probably more than $20,000 on the content creation (hiring studio, actors, editing, etc). Hundreds of thousands of views, likes and comments are all gone.
I know Roosh channel was also terminated. If anyone has any experience with being able to reinstate a removed channel, please get in touch with me. I would really appreciate your help.
That's horrible - were the strikes for discussing the jab?

Pavel

Robin
Orthodox
Do you have backups? Alternatives like Odysee is the only solution.
I am uploading on Vimeo, DailyMotion, Facebook and etc. But none of them will get ranked on search results. Anyway, this is something we have to put up with till a time big tech will lose its monopoly. And our right to express our ideas won't be dependent on some moderators or algorithm.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Take a break, go for nice walks in parks, and then begin to brainstorm a new business idea.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Torba: I was watching the interview with Tim Pool and the CEO of Rumble last night and it was really something. Tim pressed him on why their terms of service are exactly the same as Big Tech's by banning things like "hate speech." He correctly stated that Rumble is adopting the censorship language of the left.

The CEO of Rumble said that their terms of service are "legacy" from when they launched in 2013 (which is a lie because they added the hate speech rules on the day President Trump joined Rumble recently,) and mentioned three times that they have to ban "hate speech" in order to stay on the Apple and Google app stores.

So the reality is Rumble is a platform that is de facto owned and operated by Apple and Google. If you have the same Silicon Valley rules in order to play in the Silicon Valley sandbox, you are necessarily part of the Silicon Valley swamp.

These are problems Gab doesn't have, because I have a backbone.

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I used to find this site by typing "Roosh V". Now, I have to add "Forum" to it. A small thing, but even so....