The internet censorship thread

RE: Youtube, Google, and the new age of censorship

puckerman said:
With all this high-tech censorship going on, a question popped into my head this evening:

Where is Peter Thiel?

He was the founder of Paypal and an early investor in Google. He's certainly a "maverick," or he at least used to be. If he said something about all this censorship, people would listen. So, where is Peter Thiel? Why has been silent about this?

He is on the board of Facebook, one of the big-time censoring outfits. He's taken plenty of heat over supporting Trump:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/18/donald-trump-peter-thiel-support-facebook

It’s not often that Mark Zuckerberg invokes the values of Facebook to rebuke the people he works with, but this year, he reached a tipping point with the “deeply upsetting” views of one of the members of his board of directors, which he disavowed as “not represent[ing] the way Facebook or I think at all”.

“Facebook stands for helping to connect people and giving them voice to shape their own future,” he wrote. “But to shape the future we need to understand the past.”

One might expect that those words were aimed at Peter Thiel, the Facebook board member who has bucked Silicon Valley political orthodoxy by backing Donald Trump’s xenophobic, Islamophobic, sexist, anti-science, and increasingly dictatorial campaign for president. After all, Trump’s ideology represents a direct threat to Facebook’s stated mission to “make the world more open and connected”.

If the SJW's that run the day-to-day operations at Facebook ever force the board to censure or remove Thiel, they may have a very painful lesson in overreach. Thiel is a savvy investor, and realizes that Facebook is here to stay. He can't easily be promoting some Facebook alternative while at the same time being a board member. The best thing we could hope of is more SJW overreach that forces him out of Facebook and turning him into an alt-tech sugar daddy for new platforms.

puckerman

Ostrich

Ultimately, I hope that Thiel may be quietly launching some new projects to take on Google. Google is clearly an evil company.

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member

puckerman said:
Ultimately, I hope that Thiel may be quietly launching some new projects to take on Google. Google is clearly an evil company.

Peter is perhaps one of the most brilliant minds on the planet but he isn't free from establishment ties and restrictions. At best, I see him investing in a disruptive company that will eventually end and replace google.

Aurini

Ostrich

Roosh said:
Youtube alternative BitChute has already cucked out...

https://gab.ai/BitChute/posts/11910775

I was once on a livestream with that guy, before he ragequit because I didn't think his holocaust fantasies were useful, moral, or politically realistic.

He didn't used to be so extreme, but a lot of these Alt Righters are losing their minds and spiraling into self-destructive hatred in the process of becoming "woke".

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird

Facebook exec admits they are not really a social network, but a data company just asking for regulation.

"Amazon is a microscopic portion of global consumption today, so ultimately I think it has more room to grow before it invites regulatory overview," Palihapitiya said. "On the other hand, Facebook and Google effectively are surveillance states. And they have so much personal, private information about so many citizens of so many countries."

For better or worse, the days of them being regulation free are probably numbered.

Easy_C

Peacock

SlickyBoy said:
Liberal readers may imagine that these biases are more common in conservative parts of the country, but I didn’t find any evidence of that. In fact, I did not find a significant relationship between any of these biases and the political or cultural makeup of a state. It would seem this bias against girls is more widespread and deeply ingrained than we’d care to believe.

Of course, the global-homosexual elitist author putting the spin on all of this sees it as a "bias against girls" instead of what it's always been: a natural and understandable wish to see their daughters turn out attractive and desirable. Female attractiveness matters most in terms of mate selection, and even modern liberal parents know this deep down inside. They aren't as worried for the boys because it flat out doesn't make as much difference to their long term success in life.
[/quote]

True, but think about female psychology and the author. If you aren't attractive (or more probably, can't be assed to do what you need to in order to be) then the idea that being attractive is a positive trait in girls is going to make you feel bad about yourself.....hence the hamster translates that into the idea being "an attack on girls" in order to protect the author's ego.

Easy_C

Peacock

SlickyBoy said:
John Michael Kane said:
^^^ The Soi Boys that run Youtube don't want getting jacked and raising their T-levels. God forbid we have fit men becoming shitlords instead of skinny fat or just plain fat docile phags.

That's probably not far from the truth. Here's the web site for the author of the article I linked to above.

Soy is most definitely present in large amounts of his daily caloric intake.

His background and connections to the Obama white house shouldn't surprise you either.

He recently published a book about his Google data research. While the raw data is interesting, his conclusions are unsupported and illogical and nakedly political. Nevertheless, people like this are pulling the strings behind what the masses are told to think - we probably just witnessed another string being pulled by YouTube/Google with their subtle muting of that bodybuilder's channel.

Guarantee you that head shape isn't just the result of soi.

Look at the overall smaller profile of the head and tiny chin. I'm guessing Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

I just signed up for https://steemit.com , which is the login system for registering with https://dtube.video. The process is a bit complicated because you have to confirm multiple emails and wait for a moderator to approve you. 24 hours later, I'm in business. Dtube looks interesting, still in infancy, but it seems like there are a lot of dissident voices on the platform. Glad to see they are making a push to get people to monetarily support video creators in a time when the ADL, SPLC and YouTube/Google are trying to monetize any content that doesn't fit The Narrative.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird

John Michael Kane said:
I just signed up for https://steemit.com , which is the login system for registering with https://dtube.video. The process is a bit complicated because you have to confirm multiple emails and wait for a moderator to approve you. 24 hours later, I'm in business. Dtube looks interesting, still in infancy, but it seems like there are a lot of dissident voices on the platform. Glad to see they are making a push to get people to monetarily support video creators in a time when the ADL, SPLC and YouTube/Google are trying to monetize any content that doesn't fit The Narrative.

Cool. I hope whoever is running it has a better understanding of how the internet works than that asshat Torba. He sounded like a complete conspiracy whack job when he suggested it was impossible to open up a registry or that ICANN was controlled by the UN after Obama gave it away, blah blah blah... A few minutes research could have set him straight and Cernovich wouldn't have wasted his time repeating falsehoods.

I very much support the idea of alternative platforms, but if they don't come from people who know how these kind of things work, I'm skeptical whether such efforts will ever get off the ground.

Easy_C

Peacock

Long term....I think this right here is the biggest threat to the Google empire: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-15/hey-advertisers-data-mining-emperor-has-no-clothes

TLDR version: there's a growing awareness spreading that the advertising services provided by platforms like Google and Facebook don't actually have any sales benefits.

Once this awareness spreads their revenue is in serious trouble and they'll have to turn to other services to stay profitable.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird

Easy_C said:
Long term....I think this right here is the biggest threat to the Google empire: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-15/hey-advertisers-data-mining-emperor-has-no-clothes

TLDR version: there's a growing awareness spreading that the advertising services provided by platforms like Google and Facebook don't actually have any sales benefits.

Once this awareness spreads their revenue is in serious trouble and they'll have to turn to other services to stay profitable.

A lawyer friend of mine told me his firm - less than five lawyers - has spent a total of half a million dollars on Google adwords. I just about passed out when he told me this. Not sure how the metrics work out for them but that's a fuckload of money for a small law firm to spend on business development.

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member

The first Telegram bans have started to happen. It is not the haven that some may have thought it was.

kel

Ostrich

Telegram themselves banning, or people being banned from a particular server?

Matrix really should've taken off instead of telegram. Anyone talking about anything sensitive/problematic in a group should really make a Matrix instance.

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member

Telegram banning channels. So far: Alt Skull, Bellum Acta, CIG and Terrorwave, went down but appear to be back up either in mirror form or having the ban lifted. It is hard to know exactly what is going on.

> @AltSkullMirror
> @TERRORWAVEREVIVED
> @CIG_telegram
> @BellumActa