The internet censorship thread

Pendleton

Pelican
DLive seems to be accelerating its deplatformings. Red Elephants is now suspended.

Feyoder

Kingfisher
DLive seems to be accelerating its deplatformings. Red Elephants is now suspended.

Think about how much money DLive is going to loose.

That was worth it though vs angering the one world government.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
No surprise DLive is going down the tubes. The guy behind it is a megalomaniac. He is the creator of the Tron crypto, which has largely languished in the last year because he has been acting like Bill Gates did at M$, a highly centralising force. Clearly wants accolades over freedom.

DLive seemed a promising platform, but the risks were previously highlighted here. If they are banning Red Elephants it doesn't look like they will allow much to exist there. Jesse Lee Peterson is still on there. Given the rules he shouldn't be on any of these platforms. But for some reason he gets away with it :hmm:

Here is the Lbry guy on with Stefan a few months ago, so it should be safe as a video hosting platform.

@Roosh - There is something called Seedless, which uses BitTorrent via the web browser to stream. So people watching the stream share it with other viewers. I've not looked into it, but the demo seems to work.

Last edited:

SilentCal

Robin
The academic justification for internet censorship:

Some take-aways I found:

1. “Fake news” is defined by evaluating a source’s use of “editorial norms,” and not whether the news is true or false.

2. “Fake news” is a right-wing phenomenon (what a coincidence).

3. Authors recommend limiting the visibility of “fake news” and collaboration with “fact-checkers” to respond to “misinformation campaigns” at “key moments of the democratic process”.

Feyoder

Kingfisher
Go Daddy took down AR15.com. (One of the biggest firearms forums on the net. They've been around for 20 years.) They scrambled and got back up and are now on a different registrar.

Just as a company Go Daddy is awful. Extremely unethical practices. They are only in business because of their marketing campaigns. If you do ANY research on this scumbag company you will see how hated it is.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Just as a company Go Daddy is awful. Extremely unethical practices. They are only in business because of their marketing campaigns. If you do ANY research on this scumbag company you will see how hated it is.

I had maybe 100 domains with them many years ago, picked up on their auction website. I got a shock when they all came up for renewal at about $35 a piece, when everyone else charged about $7-8. They also lure people in with discount codes, then again, finding they get shanked with huge upsell.

Mike_Key

Woodpecker
Email services like Gmail and Yahoo are now forcing you to link your username to a cell phone number.

They do this if you sign in on a Private browser or if you've not logged in for a while. I had not seen that until recently. Looks as if they don't want anyone with "burner" email accounts. They request this when they "don't recognize your machine" and ask to call your phone number or send via Text a pin number to you. As with others service they do let you link to another email address for confirmation, but I think it's clearly time to move on to other services, maybe ProtonMail.

Renzy

Pelican
I saw this morning that the Virginia Citizens Defense League, a gun rights advocacy group, got booted off of Mailchimp -

***NOTE: Mailchimp has just blocked VCDL from putting out VA-ALERTS, so we are sending this alert out to VCDL members only using our membership system. This email will repeat, hopefully very soon, once we have moved over to a new system so that everyone gets a copy. In the meantime forward this to others if you can do so.***

It looks like they are still planning on heading to Richmond on Lobby Day (next Monday, MLK day) to show support for gun rights, this time as a caravan -

Some have wondered if Lobby Day would be canceled or changed due to the events at the U.S. Capitol back on January 6. The answer is no. Lobby Day is on track for next Monday, January 18. Lobby Day in 2021 is like all our other previous Lobby Days - we are peacefully lobbying to protect our rights, we are not protesting anything. There are times and places for protests, but Lobby Day is not one of them.

We cannot cancel our events every time the rumor mill starts talking about possible problems caused by provocateurs. If we did, we would have no more events and no voice in the fight to protect the right to keep and bear arms. Gun grabbers would make sure there would always be some "threat" to shut down our events.

Right on queue there are reports that all 50 states could have armed protesters over the election, with some potentially creating violence at their capitols. Luckily for us, we aren't protesting, the Capitol is closed anyway, and we are just driving through.

Earlier this week, another forum I lurk on ar15.com got kicked off of Godaddy and was temporarily down

1610550069761.jpeg

The censorship is quickly expanding...