The Jair Bolsonaro Thread

Bain

Woodpecker
Jair Bolsonaro is a far right politician who lives in Rio de Janeiro and is running to be next the President in the October 2018 elections.

He is considered Brazil's Donald Trump and has made many controversial statements.

Such as:

In a public speech in April 2017, Bolsonaro said that he had five children, that the first four were male, and that for the fifth he produced a daughter out of "a moment of weakness"

He strongly advocates against the legalization of same-sex unions and same-sex marriage,

In a June 2011 interview with Playboy, Bolsonaro said that "I would be incapable of loving a gay son," and added that he would prefer any son of his "to die in an accident..

No father is ever proud of having a gay son," and that "we Brazilians do not like homosexuals.

Bolsonaro argued that men and women should not receive the same salaries, because women get pregnant; adding that he believes federal law mandating paid maternity leave harms work productivity.

It will be interesting to keep a watch on him. I am concerned if he gets elected he may well get assassinated.

Though he has been mentioned in other threads, I think he deserves his own so he can be more closely monitored and followed.

Hypno

Crow
During Friday's meeting with journalists, he complained of bias press coverage, most notably, reports that he is racist and accusations that he's committed environmental crimes.

"Your face looks an awful lot like a homosexual's, but that's no reason to accuse you of being a homosexual," he told one reporter.

The president's aides and supporters nearby laughed at the comment. Others took to social media to post selfies with the caption "awfully homosexual face."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-president-says-journalist-has-a-homosexuals-face

Peacock
Gold Member
Fox is so cucked, they wouldn't even name the homo journalist or provide a picture of him for us to judge. Not surprising considering how fruity most Fox people are, guys like Shep Smith.

VNvet

Kingfisher
Well, you weren't wrong with Jair being the Brazillian Donald Trump. He's even more zionist than Trump.

Has he at least fulfilled his campaign promises?

911 said:
Fox is so cucked, they wouldn't even name the homo journalist or provide a picture of him for us to judge. Not surprising considering how fruity most Fox people are, guys like Shep Smith.

I hate Shep Smith, such an overdramatic fruitcake. Here's him fearmongering that people are literally going to die unless they evacuate (No one I know ever evacuates; nobody dies).

"And your kids die too..."

Reactions: 911

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
Hypno said:
During Friday's meeting with journalists, he complained of biased press coverage, most notably, reports that he is racist and accusations that he's committed environmental crimes.

"Your face looks an awful lot like a homosexual's, but that's no reason to accuse you of being a homosexual," he told one reporter.

The president's aides and supporters nearby laughed at the comment. Others took to social media to post selfies with the caption "awfully homosexual face."

skp104541551-e1555966615857.jpg

giphy.gif

Reactions: 911

budoslavic

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member

Edit.

Last edited:

Cortés

Woodpecker
Gold Member
What I found fascinating about Brazil while I was there was how the Brazilian right near exactly mirrors the current American right. Very much civil nationalist, pro capitalism, pro Israel, against fake news, online political community etc. However I would say the Brazilian right is stronger and more promising than the American right.

-The American right is in a race against the clock with demographics. Unless immigration is stopped soon, the American right will cease to exist. Brazilian politics are divided more by geography than race (Yes I am aware that the North is more African whereas the south is more European, but in general race isnt an indicator to political position in Brazil) No demographic time bomb that will lead to their political movements demise
-Harder stance against degeneracy. You certainly wont be getting any pro-Bolsonaro drag queens. The current American right is being coopted by homosexuals, degenerates, and potheads. Many people here see libertarian values as conservative.
-Although they are pro-israel, they are not throwing billions of dollars to them nor fighting wars on their behalf. They are not as cucked on this issue as USA
-The Brazilian right has all the political energy at the moment. Mobilizing in the streets decked out in Brazilian colors shouting "Mito!", they are not complacent. Brazil's left is unorganized and has no future nor momentum. This is pretty much the reverse of the political scene in the USA at the moment.
-Brazilian Churches are filled with young people. Compared to the US (at least the churches in my state) the overwhelming majority of churchgoers are old

I was pleasantly surprised how familiar some of my Brazilian friends were with "conspiracy theories" that have been thrown around in circles Ive seen online. Talking politics with my one of my friends was the first in person conversation I had where I was asked if I was familiar with the Frankfurt school.

The one real negative is their embrace of evangelism over their catholic heritage. This brings Israel worship and capitalist corporation bootlicking like you can see in the states. On every street corner there is an evangelical church, out of a garage or store space. I was curious and went to a few of them, and I found it to be very corny. It felt very fake and for profit, with a heavy emphasis on "worshipper retention". They would give you a fake smile and tell you when the next mass is. Those churches feel like a business venture, some having multiple locations like a chain restaurant.

I realize this is kind of all over the place, but I just wanted to share my observations of Brazil's politics and future from my time there spent with Bolsonaro supporters

Magnus Stout

Robin
Orthodox
Response: “They can have their ruling; let them try to enforce it!”

Recommendation (but replace Left with Right): https://www.ianwelsh.net/7-rules-for-running-a-real-left-wing-government/

The real schism on the Right is nationalism vs supra-nationalism (WTO, etc...). The latter is always co-opted by the Left because politics is ultimately salvation to them (see, Dostoyevsky’s Demons).

Resist the attempt to strip religion from politics. Politics is ultimately incoherent without understanding virtue and the common good. This is why Europe was the center of high art & science in the world for so many centuries. Denial of Logos leads to disfunction and collapse.

Peacock
Gold Member
What's the situation with regards to covid in Brazil, which is now blowing up? I know Bolsonaro is a proponent of hydroxychloroquine, which has been proven to be successful in France and other places. As a former military he has probably taken it, given the preponderance of malaria in the Amazon.

Peacock
Gold Member
He's on the Raoult HCQ+Azythro treatment, and taking it publically, getting better by the day. He turned out to be a good leader, but he's being stymied by his own deep state. Apparently the numbers in Brazil are highly inflated.

Attaboy Jair!

Last edited:

Caramasão

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Bolsonaro may undergo an emergency surgery.

"After examinations carried out at the Armed Forces Hospital in Brasília, Dr. Macedo, the physician responsible for the surgeries on his abdomen, resulting from the knife attack in 2018, found an intestinal obstruction and decided to take him to São Paulo where he will undergo additional tests to define the need, or not, for an emergency surgery"

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member
A pro-Bolsonaro coup might be brewing.

Note that Greenwald is an honest journalist, but has campaigned for the hard left opposition and has been arrested by Bolsonaro in the past.