The Jewish Question (JQ) thread

Bird

Ostrich
Catholic
Cross-post

This study discusses hysteria as a female ailment/disease; which according to behavioural records / statistics there is a claim that this “female disease took a great toll among males Jew,” and these males were considered effeminate.

Here is the PDF study by Klaus Hoedl.

This document describes in only 9 pages the main characteristics of these people, which are:

* the special nose
* the special voice (because of the nose)
* the ability to speak quickly
* narrow chest
* flat feet
* special shape of the head
* inability to walk long distances

Pete345

Kingfisher
Orthodox
OK, I'm going to throw this hypothesis out there, and hope it doesn't sound ridiculous or theologically insane. Like many here, I have given lots of thought and research into Jewish perversion, corruption, and moral undermining of every society they infiltrate, going back to at LEAST the Romans.

My questions are these:
1. Were the Jews that rejected Christ then essentially cursed by God to basically become a wandering thorn in the side of every culture they come in contact with?
2. If so, is part of the reason for that to be a sort of test by fire for all those who seek to follow Christ? In other words, is one of the purposes of letting the Synagogue of Satan run wild, that it gives Christians a chance to deliberately repent, humble themselves, and give their lives to Christ? Are the Jews in essence a long-form of the trials of Job?

This isn't to say Jews can't repent and be saved through Christ, as any pagan would be, but are they being used by God to test our faith?

Hopefully my point is clear, since I'm having trouble putting this into words. Forgive me, if this is pure bunk and ignorant. I'm just trying to understand WHY this is allowed to continue for 2000+ years.

DanielH

Hummingbird
Orthodox
1. Were the Jews that rejected Christ then essentially cursed by God to basically become a wandering thorn in the side of every culture they come in contact with?
I wouldn't consider it a curse upon them. They each individually made a decision to reject Christ and stray from the path, some being more guilty and less ignorant than others. If one does reject Christ however, it would certainly appear as if their life has been cursed as the pursuit of material happiness is ultimately in vain.
2. If so, is part of the reason for that to be a sort of test by fire for all those who seek to follow Christ? In other words, is one of the purposes of letting the Synagogue of Satan run wild, that it gives Christians a chance to deliberately repent, humble themselves, and give their lives to Christ? Are the Jews in essence a long-form of the trials of Job?
Of course, all tribulations and persecutions are like this. Any time we suffer injustice in a Christian manner, it is a great benefit to us eternally.

I just wouldn't think that the Jews are special in that they're extra evil or have been granted extra evil powers or have received a special curse or anything. They're a nation like any other with their own characteristics that can be beneficial and detrimental. The one unifying characteristic of theirs, whether they're reform, conservative, hasidic, or atheistic, is their complete and total rejection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, which is unique among all the world's religions, which at least will claim that the had some good ideas. And that rejection is why they appear uniquely cursed. That's ultimately why they are exceedingly wealthy, and it's also why they suffer with mental illness at a strangely high rate and have a host of other problems. They disprove the so-called "prosperity gospel," by showing that excessive wealth is a curse.

DanielH

Hummingbird
Orthodox
@Pete345 I thought it was a bit lazy of me to just give my own opinion, so I looked up in the Catena app what St. John Chrysostom said regarding Matthew 27:25, where the Jews who just pressured Pontius Pilate into executing Jesus say "His blood be on us and our children." The Golden Mouth says:

They were rendering a sentence against themselves. He was yielding himself up that all should be done. Note how great is their madness. For passion and evil desire work on us like this. They did not permit anyone to see anything of what was right. They not only curse themselves, they draw down the curse upon their own children as well. They acted with unutterable madness. They acted both against themselves and against their children! yet this lover of humanity did not hold their own sentence against them. He did not confirm it upon their children or even upon them. Rather He received both from them and from their children those who repented. He counted them worthy of good things beyond number. Think of who might have been among them! Even Paul perhaps.

He continues but I think that answers your question.

Clothed Adam

Chicken
Other Christian
OK, I'm going to throw this hypothesis out there, and hope it doesn't sound ridiculous or theologically insane. Like many here, I have given lots of thought and research into Jewish perversion, corruption, and moral undermining of every society they infiltrate, going back to at LEAST the Romans.

My questions are these:

This isn't to say Jews can't repent and be saved through Christ, as any pagan would be, but are they being used by God to test our faith?

Hopefully my point is clear, since I'm having trouble putting this into words. Forgive me, if this is pure bunk and ignorant. I'm just trying to understand WHY this is allowed to continue for 2000+ years.

All of these things are answered in the prophets.

Jeremiah 24, for just one example out of .. I don’t know, 100?

@DanielH

Much simpler answer:

Matthew 23:35

“And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.”

Revelation 18:24

“In her (the whore of Babylon) was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people, of all who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

Last edited:

Pete345

Kingfisher
Orthodox
All of these things are answered in the prophets.

Jeremiah 24, for just one example out of .. I don’t know, 100?
I honestly have never studied these things, nor been taught about them. I just read Jeremiah 24 and this stuck out: "9I will deliver them to trouble into all the kingdoms of the earth, for their harm, to be a reproach and a byword, a taunt and a curse, in all places where I shall drive them."

Clothed Adam

Chicken
Other Christian
I honestly have never studied these things, nor been taught about them. I just read Jeremiah 24 and this stuck out: "9I will deliver them to trouble into all the kingdoms of the earth, for their harm, to be a reproach and a byword, a taunt and a curse, in all places where I shall drive them."

The prophets are uniquely valuable to those in Christ trying to contextualize what’s going on in the world today.

Like I said, that’s one example. I’m not withholding anything either, at a certain point I’d just be reciting the prophets to you when you could just read them. None of it was theoretical.

Pete345

Kingfisher
Orthodox
The prophets are uniquely valuable to those in Christ trying to contextualize what’s going on in the world today.

Like I said, that’s one example. I’m not withholding anything either, at a certain point I’d just be reciting the prophets to you when you could just read them.
They are vast and complicated and the messages are not easily grasped. Do you know of a resource that can gather them together and contextualize them? Of course, I have heard bit and pieces of OT prophecy cited all my life, but never have I gotten a comprehensive training in them.

Clothed Adam

Chicken
Other Christian
They are vast and complicated and the messages are not easily grasped. Do you know of a resource that can gather them together and contextualize them? Of course, I have heard bit and pieces of OT prophecy cited all my life, but never have I gotten a comprehensive training in them.
I’d suppose that Isaiah 29:11-12 won’t be completed until Revelation 5:7, but my point was if you’re going to be making hypotheses and conjectures about just where “the jews” fit this or that way you’d probably do best to start with the prophets sent by God to tell them, themselves, exactly that.

Edit: and I’m not saying this to be harsh, as if you’re hopelessly off track. Just that there’s relief to be found in reading exactly what God said, that you can be more bold and not so fearful.

Plus, the prophets were ignored and despised when they came. In the spirit of communion with the saints, why not listen to them?

So, I read the prophets.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
36ba8b1c9e8fede8.jpeg

Yeagerist

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Were the Jews that rejected Christ then essentially cursed by God to basically become a wandering thorn in the side of every culture they come in contact with?
Every generation of Jews born into their culture would grow up being indoctrinated to blame Christ as the reason the goyim hate them, that somehow the Torah gives them the right to drive the Palestinians away from their land, and that they're on a higher level of existence than the Gentile societies they live in.

The ones who are in power and actively enacting the destruction of the West will certainly answer to the Lord in Judgement, but I wouldn't blame each and every single Jew for growing up this way; nevertheless it'll be difficult for a Jew to accept Christ without risking outright expulsion from his or her community.

I just wouldn't think that the Jews are special in that they're extra evil or have been granted extra evil powers or have received a special curse or anything. They're a nation like any other with their own characteristics that can be beneficial and detrimental. The one unifying characteristic of theirs, whether they're reform, conservative, hasidic, or atheistic, is their complete and total rejection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, which is unique among all the world's religions, which at least will claim that the had some good ideas. And that rejection is why they appear uniquely cursed. That's ultimately why they are exceedingly wealthy, and it's also why they suffer with mental illness at a strangely high rate and have a host of other problems. They disprove the so-called "prosperity gospel," by showing that excessive wealth is a curse.
The Jews are the only nation in the present (and in the 1900+ years of the existence of the Church) whose national identity is consciously defined in a rejection of Jesus Christ. It's not a matter of them being granted a special power or curse, rather, it's ironically a consequence of their previous status as the chosen nation of the Old Testament.

While Gentile converts may have to give up some of their cultural habits because those are immoral or un-Christian, a Japanese or Nigerian or Mongol or Swedish Christian doesn't need to give up his or her ethnic identity altogether to embrace the Gospel. I could see a special case for those from Muslim countries whose ancestors had been Christian centuries before, e.g., an Anatolian Turk discovering their Greek Orthodox heritage, or an Arabic-speaking Egyptian/Syrian/Iraqi becoming part of the Coptic or Aramaic Christian community. Pakistanis, Indians and Bengals share the same Indo-Aryan origin and are only divided between Hinduism and Islam; Christian converts in these cultures effectively reunite.

But what about the Jew? We know that most of them are actually of Khazar descent, will converting to Christianity make them LARP as Central Asians? They're ultimately a rootless, wandering group, a non-nation amongst the nations, if you put it. Accepting the Gospel gives them no choice but to assimilate in wherever country they find themselves in and then becoming rooted.

Perhaps that's the ultimate goal of their cultural diversity plan, to make the Gentile world a reflection of their inner Jewish culture. Nobody can ostracize them as rootless if everybody else ends up rootless as well.