The Joe Rogan thread

TonySandos

Pelican
Gold Member
RE: Roosh mentioned on the most recent Joe Rogan podcast

Excellent take by AnonymousBosch on the previous page. Respect to you as always.

I don't understand the adoration for Joe Rogan. He's a mostly an unhealthy pot smoker who's also intellectually sheltered.

Of all the vast positive influences we could make a regular part of our daily lives, Joe Rogan is a poor choice. His intellectual ability exists with a low ceiling for insight and depth. He can't provide phenomenal health advice from experience. He's only the mascot for better fit men in a fighting franchise. As Bosch said, he's not actually intellectually courageous at all. He's a bought puppet who sounds like his target audience is edgy teens that smoke weed and are influenced by the grunge-hipster scene.

The reason I'd bother to fuss about this is very sound to me. When a man wants to accomplish great tasks, struggle and push himself to reach beyond his current mental and physical plateaus, it's critical that he chooses the appropriate physical regimens and aims high for inspiration.

You wouldn't expect to become stronger than you are now or be a competitive fighter by lifting those sand weights women do at female gyms. If you want to become an accomplished scientist, you don't make yourself the prodigy of a high school physics teacher.

The issue with entertainment like Rogan is that he doesn't serve a distinct enough purpose or that his purposes are too diluted to yield definitive results. It's not equal to clear sensory indulgence of impressionism art. The quality of discussion isn't close to illuminating or clearly informative as hearing actual conspiracy theorists and leading innovators of their respective fields discuss their area of expertise. His show is intellectual junk food. I make it a point to waste little time as possible on mediocre conversation. I value this board for the depth of debate and sharing provided, therefore it is a valuable endeavor. When it comes to enjoying hobbies or entertainment, I make it a point to distract myself with educational and informative media or skill learning. Often I'll listen to classical music(a high art form) than the nihilism of today's common opinions.

Tex Pro

Ostrich
Gold Member

Roosh said:
If Roosh ever gets invited by him, then he will twist and turn all truths like the mainstream asshole he is.

Yeah I don't see Rogan as a true ally. Once in a while he may agree with us.

Exactly.

I've been saying this for a while. Rogan, try as he might, has pretty much drunk the leftist koolaide, and no amount of redpill truth is going to change his views at this point.

Nevertheless, Rogan will at least bring up redpill ideas, which is a lot more than most mainstream figures are willing to do.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member

Joe Rogan will always be an odd character cause he doesn't neatly fit into any one category.
He's neither left nor right. Nor quite centrist.
Not religious, yet not quite atheist either, as he has a level of a spiritual outlook.
Goes along with certain modern trends, yet is more than wiling to buck other trends.
Works for a corporate entity, yet is not beholden to the normal corporate parameters.
& as others have pointed out, lives a unique lifestyle, while surrounded by unique people.
& doesn't have to deal with the exact same pressures & monotony of the average... joe.

Overall, I don't see Rogan becoming nor being interested in becoming a distinct 'red-pill' figure-head.
He's a stand-up comedian first & foremost & even a rather unique comedian at that.

OGNorCal707

Banned

TonySandos said:
Excellent take by AnonymousBosch on the previous page. Respect to you as always.

I don't understand the adoration for Joe Rogan. He's a mostly an unhealthy pot smoker who's also intellectually sheltered.

Of all the vast positive influences we could make a regular part of our daily lives, Joe Rogan is a poor choice. His intellectual ability exists with a low ceiling for insight and depth. He can't provide phenomenal health advice from experience. He's only the mascot for better fit men in a fighting franchise. As Bosch said, he's not actually intellectually courageous at all. He's a bought puppet who sounds like his target audience is edgy teens that smoke weed and are influenced by the grunge-hipster scene.

The reason I'd bother to fuss about this is very sound to me. When a man wants to accomplish great tasks, struggle and push himself to reach beyond his current mental and physical plateaus, it's critical that he chooses the appropriate physical regimens and aims high for inspiration.

You wouldn't expect to become stronger than you are now or be a competitive fighter by lifting those sand weights women do at female gyms. If you want to become an accomplished scientist, you don't make yourself the prodigy of a high school physics teacher.

The issue with entertainment like Rogan is that he doesn't serve a distinct enough purpose or that his purposes are too diluted to yield definitive results. It's not equal to clear sensory indulgence of impressionism art. The quality of discussion isn't close to illuminating or clearly informative as hearing actual conspiracy theorists and leading innovators of their respective fields discuss their area of expertise. His show is intellectual junk food. I make it a point to waste little time as possible on mediocre conversation. I value this board for the depth of debate and sharing provided, therefore it is a valuable endeavor. When it comes to enjoying hobbies or entertainment, I make it a point to distract myself with educational and informative media or skill learning. Often I'll listen to classical music(a high art form) than the nihilism of today's common opinions.

Yeah but I bet that Rogan has way more influence, fame, fortune, and females than you. I think he's done pretty well for being a stupid stoner.

Onto

Ostrich
Gold Member

azulsombra said:
It sickens me everytime I hear these maladjusted social justice activists referred to as "warriors".

No kidding. If they really want to be warriors they should go espouse their garbage in Iran or Syria.

The Lizard of Oz

Crow
Gold Member

Onto said:
azulsombra said:
It sickens me everytime I hear these maladjusted social justice activists referred to as "warriors".

No kidding. If they really want to be warriors they should go espouse their garbage in Iran or Syria.

Actually, I think the use of "warrior" within the SJW construct is its very best current use. This is a word that has become a part of current cant and so it's only fitting that it should characterize the folk most responsible for spreading that cant.

What I find truly nauseating is the canting use of "warrior" to refer to military personnel. Fuck that. They are soldiers, not "warriors", and American GIs of the past would never have used that word. There is a great masterpiece of a military memoir by Charles Willeford called "Something About a Soldier". "Something About a Warrior"? LOL, I don't think so.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member

As usual, Rogan has his own unique take on matters :

' The human race didn't survive plagues, wolves and barbarian hordes by being non-judgmental about love handles and crotch fat.
We made it to 2015 because women are attracted to men that look like Channing Tatum, and they want him to shoot his vibrant
DNA inside their vaginas so that they can make babies that will survive an invasion.

One day though, he too will go the way of Arnold, and of the sand castle—reclaimed by an infinite process that doesn't give a fuck
about your six pack or your sculpted pecs, or your stupid moat and turrets. '

Joe Rogan On Why Working Out Is Like Building A Sand Castle

http://www.maxim.com/maxim-man/fitn...hy-having-muscles-building-sand-castle-2015-9

TonySandos

Pelican
Gold Member

OGNorCal707 said:
Yeah but I bet that Rogan has way more influence, fame, fortune, and females than you. I think he's done pretty well for being a stupid stoner.

Interesting take, but this doesn't bother me.

Influence would be nice, for I think I could do some good with it, fame is something I abhor for myself, fortune is for the vapid and having women by quantity is akin to eating sweets from an infinite conveyor belt-it goes from delightful to disgusting.

Another thing to mention... Joe has more or less peaked in his fame and career. He may acquire more comedy gigs, keep his radio show, get contracted for another tv season or star in a show himself. He won't be breaking into a new field any time soon, nor would people be likely to take him seriously if it was required for his hoped success. He's just another cog in the media apparatus.

While having a child and making moderate income, I'm still very healthy, still in the cocoon-like development stage where a man harnesses his talents. I feel physically great. I envision many years left in life for me. I still have the opportunity to invent myself if need be. I still have the opportunity to out-success Rogan by my standards, but I obviously operate on a different set of idealized success than Mr. Rogan and yourself. Pussy, money weed aren't my gods. Fall for the mainstream brainwashing at your own peril.

Accomplishing some beneficial or productive task that echoes long after death is my metric for success. More people know about what Brad Pitt's favorite cheese is than who invented binary code, but that's ok. The greatest men know of the greats and that's all that matters.

Killer Joe

Banned

OGNorCal707 said:

This is your "argument"? Why not go all the way and accuse him of being a hater?

Comparing yourself to others is the least effective way to be successful.

Eskhander

Pelican

Is the comments section really filled with people who are mad he says "like" a lot? Or did he say something """bad""" and so they latch on a character flaw to hate?

HD668B

Kingfisher
Gold Member

aphelion said:
Roosh would be a perfect guest for Joe Rogan. Rogan lets his guests talk whether he agrees with them or not (and he does disagree with guests), he's very intelligent, and is extremely RP.

I'd strongly suggest trying to set something up.

He is not that RP at all. On multiple occasions he stated he doesn't believe in game and that guys should just man up.

I can dig a lot of quotes if you didnt catch this already.

Rush87

Hummingbird
Catholic

I used to listen to Rogan regularly. He was pretty damn red pill but over the past 6 months or so he's backflipped. He really has reverted back to a heavy blue pill mind set. Not sure why. He does have daughters who are getting to 'that age' so my guess would be that the idea of them not getting their knight in shining armour has crept into his head.

Thrill Jackson

Kingfisher
Gold Member

I'm not sure how recently this happened (I had deleted my twitter in April and just now made a new one) but Joe Rogan now follows Roosh on twitter! (he has not before April of 2017) This is odd given the fact Roosh has been in the news little if at all since February 2016 (the "teach. how to rape" meetup BS). He must of got a good reference from somebody or just by chance stumbled upon Roosh's work.

I take with a grain of salt since he follows over 3,600 different pages but its cool to know he actively took the time to dig up Roosh or someone close to his ear referred him. I am down for a campaign to get Roosh on the JRE. That would be a great podcast to say the least.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member

Thrill Jackson said:
I'm not sure how recently this happened (I had deleted my twitter in April and just now made a new one) but Joe Rogan now follows Roosh on twitter! (he has not before April of 2017) This is odd given the fact Roosh has been in the news little if at all since February 2016 (the "teach. how to rape" meetup BS). He must of got a good reference from somebody or just by chance stumbled upon Roosh's work.

I take with a grain of salt since he follows over 3,600 different pages but its cool to know he actively took the time to dig up Roosh or someone close to his ear referred him. I am down for a campaign to get Roosh on the JRE. That would be a great podcast to say the least.

Oh jeebuz.
As you say, Roosh hasn't been in the news in any real way for a while now.
Yet the REEE-steria that would ensue from a simple podcast interview...

Thrill Jackson

Kingfisher
Gold Member

CynicalContrarian said:
Thrill Jackson said:

Oh jeebuz.
As you say, Roosh hasn't been in the news in any real way for a while now.
Yet the REEE-steria that would ensue from a simple podcast interview...

I don't think so.

I don't think their would be a big outcry or hysteria if he went on JRE.
Their was not major outlash for Milo being on, nobody really gave a shit.

Its only when you try to have meetups, give speeches/seminars, or get on left wing MSM (CNN is always lableing Milo a "white supremacist", Fox treats him like any other guest).

I could imagine the thumbnail or Joe sitting across from Roosh and just clicking the link and watching them shoot the shit for 3+ hours.

The like/dislike ratio would probably be 60/40, a bunch of Triggly Puff youtubers would comment that he is Pro Rape, a Rapist, Sexist etc etc (about half) and the other half would articulate Roosh's real positions.

Roosh would head back to Europe and those books sales would triple.

No outrage, just money in the bank for Roosh and more people being exposed to the forum to help them improve their lives.

Its a win/win IMO

Paracelsus

Crow
Gold Member

Thrill Jackson said:

Don't want to go all pessimistic, but what would be the point?

Joe Rogan is a fifty year old guy with a family. Scratch that, he's a fifty year old cuck, quite literally; he raises his wife's child along with his own two kids.

His market is to provide some non-confrontational catharsis for the man who has 2.5 kids, at least one prior wife still hanging on the tit, and that still thinks with about six months off from the wife and kids he could go and compete in a MMA competition.

Who exactly is Rogan's demographic?

- Its favourite TV shows are Family Guy and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
- One of its favourite movies is Fight Club, or as I call it, The Matrix except with no robots.
- It listens to Pantera, Sublime, Metallica, Johnny Cash, and Pink Floyd. When you look at the hip-hop his demographic listens to, it's Eminem and Wu-Tang Clan, with, fuck me, Lil' Wayne and Snoop Dogg coming in at third and fourth.

You know: white guys whose chosen music and TV viewing is Commercially Acceptable Edgelord, guys who are heavily slaved to the consumer wheel and who identify with Family Guy because the guy's life actually looks a lot like their own without Pete's collared shirt and nice house. Increasingly, that demographic is getting older. It has its own daughters now. It'll have a mortgage as well.

Insofar as you can carry the metaphor of red pill and blue pill from The Matrix, this demographic is a lot like Cypher: they might've taken the red pill, but they don't much like the reality that is thereby revealed, they still can't get with the women they want to, they like the illusion of a good meal more than the shit reality they live in, and they still want to be someone important but have no fucking clue how to get there. (They'd also sell out the clean-cut guy new to the red pill in a heartbeat if there was a chance they could improve their lives as a result, but that's by the by).

So they listen to Joe Rogan, who's willing to spout conspiracy theory along with a dose of pointless MMA commentary, and they think they know what's really going on in the world. Leave aside that because they never had much of an education, they think Rogan's tendency to dodge having to justify his arguments by saying "Hey, I'm just asking the questions" is some sort of fucking Socratic method shit.

The upshot being: if Joe Rogan started going full red pill, this audience would switch off. Joe Rogan brings notable people on to increase his audience, not the celebrity's, and like any MSM outlet he's not averse to flogging someone live so his audience gets some kicks out of it.

Rogan is 60 Minutes for the demographic that doesn't trust 60 Minutes. With all the shallowness of reporting, gladiatorial approach to journalism, and intellectually dishonest arguments that implies. Just because he swears, lifts, punches other men, and wants weed legalised doesn't change that.

If Roosh went on the program I guarantee you three hours of bullshit arguments like "But they're not all like that, man" and "If you're so concerned about Western civilisation why aren't you living in the US/marrying a wife/buying plastic US shit/fighting other men in a ring" and on and on. Rogan's an intellectual lightweight, which is by design because he's appealing to the Midwest and Southern narcissists, not the coastal elite narcissists.

Rogan's a sort of anti-intellectual mirror version of Bill Nye. More so given they both got their starts as stand-up comedians, i.e. entertainers, i.e.e. liberals by default.

Kid Twist

Banned
Paracelsus said:
Rogan's a sort of anti-intellectual mirror version of Bill Nye. More so given they both got their starts as stand-up comedians, i.e. entertainers, i.e.e. liberals by default.

I enjoy that he has a lot of differing views on his podcast and definitely entertains the no bullshit traditional ideas (if not endorsing them entirely or at least in private) that fight the current cultural marxism or postmodernism, as Jordan Peterson would argue.

Where I do agree with you is that you are on to something with that innate progressivism or homage to the idol of "liberty" that reminds me so often why I'm not a libertarian anymore, at least certainly not in the image of Rogan.

Liberty of course should be preserved, but with the constant reminder of who we are and where we are going = people with a historical root in things that are traditional and that work (I could go on, of course).

The nauseum that libertarianism brings in most modern people is that idea that I do still see in Rogan in large part = the annoying trope of "Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't 'hurt' me". That silly line should have been exposed as an idol falsehood so long ago, but sadly it can't be easily dispatched at this point for lots of reasons. I think saying that in the presence of others makes guys like Rogan feel less constrained to the solid truths of life that reject such silliness, because sticking to your guns makes you come off as a hard ass old man yelling at the other guy for fucking up.