The Joe Rogan thread

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I caught a snippet of Rogan and Bill Burr having a hatefest against the guys in the comic world who try to con comics into shitty deals where the organizer makes tons of money for doing little to nothing while the comic ends up taking a huge financial hit.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I find it annoying that you get guys that should be smart glossing over the defense of what the Minneapolis police in question will be ... it shows how little research some of these sharp guys like Willink even do a times, probably to maintain a broader audience for business. If they did their due diligence they wouldn't be talking about the situation like they did ("killed" him etc); it was pretty irresponsible. We don't have to like procedure XYZ or the way this was handled in particular, but one should be well versed in what actually went down, what the facts of the matter were, and what the police are going to claim they were doing and why, etc - what they were worried about. That point of view is crucially important. After all, their lives are on the line against criminals. On drugs, to boot.
I listen to Jocko's podcast regularly, he makes a point of not getting into partisan politics but every now and then lets something slip that reveal a glimpse of his personal beliefs. I'd love to see him run for office, maybe US Senator.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I listen to Jocko's podcast regularly, he makes a point of not getting into partisan politics but every now and then lets something slip that reveal a glimpse of his personal beliefs. I'd love to see him run for office, maybe US Senator.
Jocko is a bit of hero of mine. His leadership training especially is really good. It is so simple, no one can say it doesn't make sense.

Also his work ethic.

But above all, his kids books have had a real impact on our family. Every father needs these books for his kids. Also his Warrior Kid podcast. My son would drive around with my picking up supplies and just listen to this with me, then discuss them after.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
What's your best guess on his take or general stance on things? I'm curious.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
What's your best guess on his take or general stance on things? I'm curious.
IMO he's definitely on the right on most things, although maybe a bit more libertarian than most here (not me) would agree with. Off the top of my head he's talked about promoting American manufacturing (co-owns a business which manufactures BJJ equipment, jeans, boots, etc in Maine), talked on his own podcast and on Rogan about getting government out of people's lives, clearly doesn't agree with the "disband the cops" movement, etc. His big thing is personal responsibility which tends to align with the right. That's just my read based on the little bit he's talked about on the podcast and elsewhere (and I've only listened to maybe half of his podcasts).

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member

In the beginning when Joe Rogan is talking about how that drunk driving felon that got killed in Atlanta.... "just needed a Uber" ::Face palm::

Rogan sounds as stupid as I ever remember him sounding when talking about the drunk driver

You can see Joe's shirt has a fist going up, like black power. I dont think its a black power shirt, but it leads a person with a causal glance to think that.

Joe seemed to be doing the idiot devil's advocate. I find it hard to believe that he really thinks that, or is so completely uninformed.

It seems like after the Jocko podcast where he acts and talks like someone on the right side of politics, he comes on the next podcast and then wears a sorta black power shirt, acts and talks like someone on the left side.

Hes an entertainer and Im just happy there are Jocko level podcats that tens of million so people listen to or watch, in whole or in clips.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
His interview style is agreeable with a little devils advocate here and there. It's part of his method to "have a conversation". His views are interesting in that it shows how a liberal guy can still hold lots of realistic masculine opinions and interests, but then go full Bernie. I'll have to check out the jocko podcast.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
You can see Joe's shirt has a fist going up, like black power. I dont think its a black power shirt, but it leads a person with a causal glance to think that.

Joe seemed to be doing the idiot devil's advocate. I find it hard to believe that he really thinks that, or is so completely uninformed.

It seems like after the Jocko podcast where he acts and talks like someone on the right side of politics, he comes on the next podcast and then wears a sorta black power shirt, acts and talks like someone on the left side.

Hes an entertainer and Im just happy there are Jocko level podcats that tens of million so people listen to or watch, in whole or in clips.
I am a part ways into this podcast. To me it sounds like either he is struggling to play the devils advocate to Bret, or he is just trying to make hella sure that neither him nor Bret get construed for being on that idiot cops side. It got annoying how much he kept repeating, "its murder, but I see your point. If the evidence doesn't stack up, then the commies will over run us. But yay American justice but no fucking way he gets off. I am a professional neck breaker, I know shit."

I think Joe is going down a dark path with this podcast. He knows Bret is right - as all of us here I am sure agree - and it doesn't bode well. He himself and all his hollywood pals have already given too much to the mob and now they see the error of their ways. Probably a big reason they are scuttling the sinking ship of LA and heading to Texas to surround themselves with freedom loving patriots.

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
I'm not too familiar with J. Willnick. But there is a similarity with Rogan. There is also this guy from The UK, Ross Kemp, who is similar. Guys with a tough/military/fighting background, but have all taken on this soft-paterfamilias role.

I think a lot of that is to do with the culture they are swamped in. Rogan has been braised in something like two decades of mainstream-Hollywood. I think on quite a few things Rogan has cucked himself, and can't consciously compute what his own position is. In other cases he doesn't know the other side of the argument. I think Jordan Peterson is a better promoter of conservative and masculine concepts, by some margin. Even both of the Weinsteins have more balls than Joe. I think Joe is far more happy to stay safe on the tightrope and is susceptible to be policed back into the Bernie box.

Put the same guys back in 90s Republika Srpska and they'd only be protecting their own doorstep.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I took a long walk with my Serbian buddy last night.

The red pill, no nonsense optimism is inspiring. He went through war, genocide, and an Islamic invasion. Labeled the most racist, hateful people in the Balkans.

Exactly the type of man I would want at my side if things here continue to get worse.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
I took a long walk with my Serbian buddy last night.

The red pill, no nonsense optimism is inspiring. He went through war, genocide, and an Islamic invasion. Labeled the most racist, hateful people in the Balkans.

Exactly the type of man I would want at my side if things here continue to get worse.
Amen, more recently, they are the few of the religous Orthodox I have identified with. They have seen, and see this bullshit for what it is. It is something that is somewhat confusing or astounding to me, that I as an American, never having seen it, realize all this stuff for what it is. I am, in that sense, identifying with them. I see what's coming. We will fight it together.

open source

Sparrow
Gold Member
Cancel culture comes after Joe Rogan who's been trending on Twitter for over 24 hours. He's too big to be canceled.

When I first looked to see why he was under attack, I came across outrage from his joke about wearing masks from an episode last week with Bill Burr. Later in the day, the outrage spread and when I searched to see the reaction, it was clear no one knew what they were supposed to be furious about. They just knew they were supposed to be.
Rogan clips, from what I’ve found, have varied from the following four comments:
1) a joke that people who wear masks are “bitches;”
2) calling out the mainstream media for ignoring Joe Biden’s “cognitive decline;”
3) questioning the message of Black Live Matter;
4) and, the one that is gaining steam, a decade-old clip in which he laughed at Joey Diaz saying oral sex is a “gateway into Hollywood” for women.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
I literally cant even..... Joe Rogan is getting schooled by Shaprio when talking about racial relations an what needs to happen to help out the black communities... but I cant even finish listening to it cause I cant stand to listen to Rogans cuck mouth

If Rogan is talking about MMA, elk hunting, or drugs I can tune in. But not poiticls or his SJW shite

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
Data data data, oh what's the Ben? "Oh yeah, they need education." Is Rogan this thoughtless? We've heard the "education" line for 70 years. Who did that help? Oh yeah, teachers unions. He then goes on to say that data matters, after Shapiro points out that anecdotes mean essentially nothing, and counters with "But we've heard stories from people going back years in the X community"

It's hard to get that facepalm over and over again and take someone seriously. Either person X or group is accountable for their lives, or they aren't. If they aren't, then there is no helping them. And that's what Joe's point actually is, he just won't say it because he loves that notoriety and cash so, so much.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Oliver Stone was on the JRE podcast. In one segment, they talked about Edward Snowden, PLO, and ((())). Note how he looks nervous when talking about how ((())) are good at surveillance and recon.

In another segment, they talked about Jeffrey Epstein. Stone looked rather uncomfortable or not really interested in talking about the Epstein case. I sensed that anything that's tied to ((())), he gets nervous so he talked about something else.

open source

Sparrow
Gold Member
Joe and Jamie are leaving Cali for Texas.

City unannounced, though a lot of people are guessing it'll be Austin which has a lot of the same problems he mentioned for leaving Cali (traffic, homelessness, etc).

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
Joe Rogan, the Bernie Sanders supporter, will be perplexed when he finds that list of problems he reeled off in Austin, TX in 5 years.

Interesting that he's moving now he's hit 9 figures. But I guess everyone could be a hecta-millionaire if they hosted the most listened to podcast in the world.

Leader of the conservative movement, Ben Shapiro, still in CA.