The Joe Rogan thread

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

FactusIRX

Woodpecker
I stopped listening to Rogan years ago. He's a gatekeeping shill and has repeatedly thrown friends under the bus, who he promised to help. He's a stupid, ape like mouthpiece for Sam Harris, who runs his show. If he stuck to stand up comedy, fighting, and outdoor stuff, he would be fine, but once he decided to position himself as a political and social commentator, he became an unbearable idiot. I hope the left eats him alive and gets him kicked off Spotify

Bijanazad

I stopped listening to Rogan years ago. He's a gatekeeping shill and has repeatedly thrown friends under the bus, who he promised to help. He's a stupid, ape like mouthpiece for Sam Harris, who runs his show. If he stuck to stand up comedy, fighting, and outdoor stuff, he would be fine, but once he decided to position himself as a political and social commentator, he became an unbearable idiot. I hope the left eats him alive and gets him kicked off Spotify
What do you mean Sam Harris runs his show?

FactusIRX

Woodpecker
What do you mean Sam Harris runs his show?
Watch his interview with Sam Harris. They reference a lot of the behind the scenes things that occur. For example, Joe set up Sam Harris with Peterstein in that terrible "debtate." Sam feeds Joe his arguments, which he then uses on guests. Every wonder why Rogan is such a staunch atheist despite being a meathead? He does the same thing with Ana Kasparian. She fed him arguments for Stefan Molyneux's last interview with Joe.

Rule #1 in Pedowood: you don't get anywhere without bending the knee to the Tribe.

Bijanazad

Watch his interview with Sam Harris. They reference a lot of the behind the scenes things that occur. For example, Joe set up Sam Harris with Peterstein in that terrible "debtate." Sam feeds Joe his arguments, which he then uses on guests. Every wonder why Rogan is such a staunch atheist despite being a meathead? He does the same thing with Ana Kasparian. She fed him arguments for Stefan Molyneux's last interview with Joe.

Rule #1 in Pedowood: you don't get anywhere without bending the knee to the Tribe.
Any idea which one it was? He's been on his show 8 times. Is it this one?

Lace em up

Woodpecker
Rogans been around Hollywood long enough to know what is in his contract and what is not.

I dont think theres a man alive who can openly ramble for 3+ hours while drinking and smoking bud and not come under attack eventually.

He has been clear about his freedom doing podcasts and how disgusted he is with executives butting in.

$100,000,000+ buys a lot of weed though. Thats a serious level of wealth.

I would do my show, upholding my end of the contract, and pay no mind to what spotify does with the product.

Pick up the pieces after the contract expires.

Youtube could have shut him down at any time.

Treat every spotify payment like it is the last.

FTGE

Inside Rogans 14.4M$ Austin Lake Estate

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
That spotify video is mindblowing. I mean, I wish no ill to anyone, but those types of people aren't in any position to be lecturing the world on what it can and can't hear/discuss. I agree with Pendleton, there does seem to be an odd amount of these people in tech.

My only theory is that coding/programming attracts higher levels of people on the autism spectrum, as does transgenderism.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
I don't think these people would do well in jobs that require people/social skills such as sales, etc. They are probably able to code well enough and can do their own thing by themselves.

I would not be surprised if it's "woke" HR practices, coupled with people being employed for nonsense jobs that don't really do or achieve anything.

"I'm the assistant social media manager!"

So your job is to sit on Twitter all day & spout woke nonsense...?

Towgunner

Woodpecker
Joe is still just Joe. Good for some things and other times not so much. Lest we forget he endorsed bernie. But, then again, he's outspoken on things like the whole cross dressing issue. Joe is like that jock in high school that had a philosophical flair to him. He's the kid that would smoke weed in his backyard staring at the night sky getting into deep conversations.

He's a first level red-piller. He gets people thinking and starts the de-programming process. He's got the "cool" cred going too. So, for that, he's a good thing.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
It's quite bizarre that Joe Rogan has no leverage in this at all. If a major corporation wanted to give me $200 million for my product, I'd say "I'll give it to you for 50 million less so long as I have the freedom to continue doing what I've been doing, without censorship". To even come calling with an offer that large means they really wanted him, so why does it seem he has no leverage whatsoever? Giving grovelling apologies and forced to delete some of his most popular podcasts? That doesn't bode well and surely Rogan knew this would happen?

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
It's quite bizarre that Joe Rogan has no leverage in this at all. If a major corporation wanted to give me $200 million for my product, I'd say "I'll give it to you for 50 million less so long as I have the freedom to continue doing what I've been doing, without censorship". To even come calling with an offer that large means they really wanted him, so why does it seem he has no leverage whatsoever? Giving grovelling apologies and forced to delete some of his most popular podcasts? That doesn't bode well and surely Rogan knew this would happen?

Rogan hasn't been censored by Spotify, he just talked about it today on his show with Tim Dillon.