The Joe Rogan thread

It's quite bizarre that Joe Rogan has no leverage in this at all. If a major corporation wanted to give me $200 million for my product, I'd say "I'll give it to you for 50 million less so long as I have the freedom to continue doing what I've been doing, without censorship". To even come calling with an offer that large means they really wanted him, so why does it seem he has no leverage whatsoever? Giving grovelling apologies and forced to delete some of his most popular podcasts? That doesn't bode well and surely Rogan knew this would happen?

lol, it's easy to say you'd give up 50 mill acting all cool calm and collected, but NOPE, you wouldn't. Great opportunity to secure your future for generations to come, he's cashing in his chips, exit strategy baby.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
lol, it's easy to say you'd give up 50 mill acting all cool calm and collected, but NOPE, you wouldn't. Great opportunity to secure your future for generations to come, he's cashing in his chips, exit strategy baby.

It shows where his priorities are.

He was probably rich beyond most of our dreams, but also had a platform where he was free to think and interview almost anyone he wanted to. How much added benefit is being uber wealthy vs. the prestige and value of being seen as your own man. That passes to the kids too. I wouldn't have done it.

Beaker

Robin

He was probably rich beyond most of our dreams, but also had a platform where he was free to think and interview almost anyone he wanted to. How much added benefit is being uber wealthy vs. the prestige and value of being seen as your own man. That passes to the kids too. I wouldn't have done it.

His ideology fits with what corporations like regardless. He's all about consumerism and promotes obscurantism by fence sitting. In other words he'll talk about everything, bring in charlatans even, and make it seem as if he's open while his personal agenda drives him. He's a businessman through and through, and enriching himself and boosting his ego comes before all else.

There is no Logos in him, he's a hedonist and very close to being a conman. He's there to keep the sheep eating grass.

His ideology fits with what corporations like regardless. He's all about consumerism and promotes obscurantism by fence sitting. In other words he'll talk about everything, bring in charlatans even, and make it seem as if he's open while his personal agenda drives him. He's a businessman through and through, and enriching himself and boosting his ego comes before all else.

There is no Logos in him, he's a hedonist and very close to being a conman. He's there to keep the sheep eating grass.

You are being tremendously uncharitable.

He "conned" people with his free podcast that he funded himself for years and years before it caught on? It's okay to dislike a man and not want to patronize him without having to explain his success away as some kind of overarching Machiavellian-Satanism.

Beaker

Robin
You are being tremendously uncharitable.

He "conned" people with his free podcast that he funded himself for years and years before it caught on? It's okay to dislike a man and not want to patronize him without having to explain his success away as some kind of overarching Machiavellian-Satanism.

It's not a plan, it's just who he is. He's not a good role model, he's pure ego, and there's a reason he got a big money deal. Corporations agree with his influence and he brings them big business.

He's a Democrat, pro-consumerism, pro-corporations. A neoliberal. They think that by being extra socially liberal and immoral they'll squeeze more money out of people and get away with it, and they're right. It's not an evil plan, it's just hedonism, lust, greed. Will drives them and they know nothing about life.

Last edited:

I don't think he actually had a platform where he was "free" to think (in our understanding), i think he was always confined within the sensibilities of the (((media))) masters. He's been hollywood a looooooooooooong time. Rogan was never somebody to be admired, in my opinion

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Yea he says that

But where are his "controversial" podcast with people from the right?

He prob deleted them. He's not a fan of all the podcasts he's done.
Covering his ass lol.

Chris D'Eila isn't really a right winger. I think he made a rapey comment that he didn't want to be associated with post fact.
I don't even really consider Alex Jones a right winger, frankly -- he's a comedian.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I don't think he actually had a platform where he was "free" to think (in our understanding), i think he was always confined within the sensibilities of the (((media))) masters. He's been hollywood a looooooooooooong time. Rogan was never somebody to be admired, in my opinion

He's had his masters yes, especially early on with his start in News Radio, Fear Factor. But he also was a stand up comic and that means something. UFC has been big for him, but he has also been big for UFC, which has grown from nothing in a 1/4 century. You can respect him without admiring him. I respect listening to his interviews as more than the MSM guys. He may have schilled a long time ago, but he did it because he decided to at a given moment. He owned his show totally. Now he's in bed with Spotify and in bed with the Corporate Masters he's going to realize it ain't all paradise.

The new Red Set Sucks. Looks like a spaceship. Now they take down a bunch of his episodes, tomorrow it'll be more, or he'll be the center of some BS. I wonder if Spotify would allow him to host the debate? They are owned by the same masters as MSM, and they like Chris Wallace.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member

He was rich before the Spotify gig. He made around 75k per podcast and who knows how much from Onnit. And I'm guessing he probably makes low 7 figures per year for UFC commentary. Oh and he's got his stand up specials, too.There are probably other streams of income I'm not even aware of. He didn't need the money, but maybe that Spotify deal was able to put his mind at ease at paying 14 mill for a house.

Easy_C

Crow
And that’s it?

The ironic thing is that some of us have a shot at making that much without selling our souls.

That said I probably should listen to him a bit. Some of the guests are interesting and not every “gatekeeper” does a good job.

Metaphorically speaking, if you’re close enough to be taking to the gatekeeper you can also see what’s on the other side of that gate and curiosity gets the better of people.

He prob deleted them. He's not a fan of all the podcasts he's done.
Covering his ass lol.

Him? Nah, he wouldn't delete it just because he didn't like the episodes. Of course Spotify deleted them because they see them as controversial and Spotify is a Swedish company, known for being super LGBTQQWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM-friendly. Tim Pool talked about it the other day.

He was rich before the Spotify gig. He made around 75k per podcast and who knows how much from Onnit. And I'm guessing he probably makes low 7 figures per year for UFC commentary. Oh and he's got his stand up specials, too.There are probably other streams of income I'm not even aware of. He didn't need the money, but maybe that Spotify deal was able to put his mind at ease at paying 14 mill for a house.

Onnit, the company that was started by a shady, name-changing weirdo? His entire family was shady and iirc the first product was 'alpha nail', just look it up and cringe away. I think it proves Rogan is willing to associate with various unsavory characters for the $$$$$. Maybe there were some other "perks" involved with the Spotify deal?

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Onnit, the company that was started by a shady, name-changing weirdo? His entire family was shady and iirc the first product was 'alpha nail', just look it up and cringe away. I think it proves Rogan is willing to associate with various unsavory characters for the $$$$$. Maybe there were some other "perks" involved with the Spotify deal?

I really don't know much about Onnit other than that they sell kettlebells. But if they've lasted this long it's probably because they have a few viable products. Anyways, my point was he was rich before he hooked up with Spotify.

He said on a recent podcast with Tim Dillon that Spotify hasn't said shit to him, so we'll see how it develops. I think it's funny that he's pissing off all the employees.

The thing I find odd is that he apologized for saying that antifa were starting fires in Portland. The guy is a comedian with a podcast, who cares if it's fake news? The guy never purported to be CNN. The only other time I recall him apologizing was for a rude remark about Corey Feldman. Joe's real crime against humanity is his stand up. It's terrible.

wannable alpha

Woodpecker
He is a drug user and is always pushing for drug acceptance. Other than that he brings mainstream celebs, some major ones, but mostly minor ones and the occasional UFO/lost ancient civilizations theorist.

Joe Rogan = part Art Bell + part David Letterman + full on pot head :sneaky:

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Rogan finally addresses the elephant in the room.

(Spotify executives) literally said nothing to me about it. Zero. It’s never come up.
Now, is there someone at Spotify that’s complaining about the Abigail Shrier episode? I’m sure. Is it a transphobic episode? It’s not. They’re wrong. It’s nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that human beings are actually malleable. We all know that. That’s why cults exist.
There’s a thought process now, that if you’re talking at all about trans people, you have to be 100 per cent supportive. You can never question whether or not children should be allowed to transition … All this is madness.
What Abigail is talking about in her book … is large clusters of kids who are mostly kids that are socially awkward, many of them are autistic, many of them have never had any praise at all in their life, and they transition and they get all this praise from people. Because it is, right now it’s in vogue.

I don’t know what the actual conversation has been from Spotify talking to these employees. But if these employees are listening, I would tell you, emphatically, I am not in any way anti-trans. … I am 100 per cent for people being able to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn’t harm other people.
I’m talking off the top of my head. And a lot of times I’m saying shit that I don’t even mean. I’m saying it because this is a f***ing podcast, and if you have a problem with people saying terrible s*** and you work for Spotify, maybe you should listen to some of the lyrics. Because some of the lyrics and some of the f***ing music that you guys play over and over and over again makes my s*** pale in comparison.
But I get it, you’re a 23-year-old woke kid and you’re working for this company and you think you’re gonna put your foot down, I get it.