The Joe Rogan thread

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
Corporate America’s Woke Insurgency

"There’s still a class-based cultural conflict going on, but it’s playing out between industries, not within them. As Brint and his team hypothesized, cultural elites who trade in symbolic manipulation tend to “achieve prominence through peer or expert recognition,” while elites who sell more tangible goods and services tend to “gain prominence though popular acclaim.” This divergence explains, among other things, why rank-and-file Spotify workers (who earn more than $120,000 annually, according to one report) seek to muzzle a podcast that gets over 190 million monthly downloads. Joe Rogan, a state university dropout, is accountable to the global English-speaking public. Spotify workers are accountable to a few dozen colleagues, all with largely identical viewpoints, on Slack.

Some readers might notice the irony at play here. The crux of the social-justice belief system is the claim that society’s elite structures are shot through with powerful forces that invisibly prop up privileged cliques. This is why managers at every large organization now spend much of their time on programs aimed at detecting, analyzing, and suppressing increasingly esoteric forms of implicit bias—often with the active encouragement of the youngest and lowest paid workers and their union representatives (if any). Yet the result of this process has been to simply shift the locus of privilege from professional rank and socioeconomic status to markers of doctrinal purity developed in a small cluster of high-status schools and companies—schools and companies that (surprise, surprise) are stuffed with the sons and daughters of privileged cliques.

After all, who else but society’s most pampered specimens can seriously entertain the delusion that the biggest threat to a worker’s psychological health is a book by JK Rowling or a podcast host who expresses belief in the idea of biological sex? The problem we face isn’t that young workers don’t respect the values of their older bosses. It’s that the most culturally influential and prominent sectors of the economy now operate in an ideological universe that their own customers increasingly find unrecognizable."

FactusIRX

Woodpecker
Matthew McConaughey

(shorter clip)

(full clip)

Kanye West

(full clip)
I'm listening to the Kanye West podcast, and it frustrates me to no end that an atheist meathead like Joe Rogan gets to interview a visionary, once-in-a-lifetime figure like Kanye West. Rogan takes everything Kanye West says about religion and God and tries to fit it in his little atheist box, and never seriously engages with Kanye's ideas. Like, he says that people like Church because of the sense of community it brings, completely missing anymore Divine expression it brings.

get2choppaaa

Woodpecker
I wish rogan would have stayed in commiefornia where he belongs. He is a puppet and stooge for aetheist globohomo and offers almost nothing in the way of credibility.

The only interview of his I've enjoyed were the Alex Jones interviews and Louie Simmons.

Unless it's a sports related interview, it's a total waste of your time and you'd be better served pursuing other intellectual pursuits. Frankly he could interview Dostoyevsky and I still wouldn't watch him...

PainPositive

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Kanye is on the Joe Rogan Podcast. I loved Kanye's "Jesus is King" album but his thoughts on "systemic racism" and being called by God to be the "leader of the free world" was cringe. I didn't enjoy it, unfortunately.

It seems like when some people find Christ through protestantism they sometimes fall into the trap of imagining being a special servant. I was reading a quote from a protestant author the other day who said she was hesitant about putting her name on the book since she believed God was the author of it so she put "G. A. + HerLastName" The G. A. is for "God and..."

I think Kanye is suffering from something similar.

I wish rogan would have stayed in commiefornia where he belongs. He is a puppet and stooge for aetheist globohomo and offers almost nothing in the way of credibility.

The only interview of his I've enjoyed were the Alex Jones interviews and Louie Simmons.

Unless it's a sports related interview, it's a total waste of your time and you'd be better served pursuing other intellectual pursuits. Frankly he could interview Dostoyevsky and I still wouldn't watch him...
I've not watched every interview, but I did enjoy his interviews with Jesse Ventura and Graham Hancock. There were a couple of others ones I liked to but can't remember right now. He does have a lot of nice material though I do question his politics. At least he is not an ass with his subjects even if he disagrees with them.

get2choppaaa

Woodpecker
I've not watched every interview, but I did enjoy his interviews with Jesse Ventura and Graham Hancock. There were a couple of others ones I liked to but can't remember right now. He does have a lot of nice material though I do question his politics. At least he is not an ass with his subjects even if he disagrees with them.
He had a decent one on the author who wrote the book about the Cherokee. Empire of the Summer Moon.

And Dan Carlin was excellent.

The problem with Joe Rogan is that he is not stupid, but willingly pedles distortions or outright lies many many times. Especially when he talks about current events. His last interview with Maynard from Tool talking about Rudy Guliani is a perfect example.

Grow Bag

Sparrow
I'm listening to the Kanye West podcast, and it frustrates me to no end that an atheist meathead like Joe Rogan gets to interview a visionary, once-in-a-lifetime figure like Kanye West. Rogan takes everything Kanye West says about religion and God and tries to fit it in his little atheist box, and never seriously engages with Kanye's ideas. Like, he says that people like Church because of the sense of community it brings, completely missing anymore Divine expression it brings.
The McConaughty interview went the same route. Christianity, for Rogan, is not inclusive enough. For McConaughty, it seemed to me at least, it's a potpouri from which he takes what is useful or has utility and leaves the rest. The whole chat was worldly, about prospering temporally, not a word on the transcendent or eternal. We're all poisoned by the liberal kool-aid to varying degrees, but you won't seek the remedy unless you know you're sick.

JiggyLordJr

Kingfisher
Maybe Jo has started to drink his own bath water a bit too much after this mega deal.

He is constantly stoned and is close to ‘losing it’. You can tell, every now and then he’ll go off on a loose tangent.

I believe he’s becoming unhinged.

What is up with that red spaceship set??

Completely agree. This Joe Rogan is lauded for being a good conversationalist, but that’s light work. It’s obvious just from looking at the guy that he’s not spiritual. Peer into the pits of his soulless eyes. What I deduce is that he’s high most of the time in an effort to cover up a lack of greater meaning. The spaceship getup makes me think he’s going satanic. Wouldn’t think much of his opinion; I do however keep an open ear for his guests, who are sometimes men of the Spirit. The dynamic with Kanye is interesting, it’s clear which one of them is a man of God.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Was Rogan very mocking of Kanye's faith? I remember when Milo was on, Rogan tried to push the theory that the disciples were tripping on shrooms.

He had a decent one on the author who wrote the book about the Cherokee. Empire of the Summer Moon.

And Dan Carlin was excellent.

The problem with Joe Rogan is that he is not stupid, but willingly pedles distortions or outright lies many many times. Especially when he talks about current events. His last interview with Maynard from Tool talking about Rudy Guliani is a perfect example.

I can't remember who said it but his description was perfect -- Joe Rogan is a dumb guy who thinks he's a smart guy pretending to be a dumb guy

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Was Rogan very mocking of Kanye's faith? I remember when Milo was on, Rogan tried to push the theory that the disciples were tripping on shrooms.
When was that. I listened to a fair bit but I just got tired hahah. Some of Kaynes points were good but lots I wasn't really feeling

Oberrheiner

Pelican
It seems like when some people find Christ through protestantism they sometimes fall into the trap of imagining being a special servant. I was reading a quote from a protestant author the other day who said she was hesitant about putting her name on the book since she believed God was the author of it so she put "G. A. + HerLastName" The G. A. is for "God and..."

I think Kanye is suffering from something similar.

Well we have (had ?) some members on this forum who claimed they talked with jesus.

get2choppaaa

Woodpecker
Why would anyone be listing to Kanye West as a source for Christian authority? As a whitey from the South... Giving him any credibility is an afront to traditional black preachers who've been saying be a responsible adult for years.

I could absolutely be in the wrong, but using Kanye and Kim as the arbiters of faith is a joke.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Why would anyone be listing to Kanye West as a source for Christian authority? As a whitey from the South... Giving him any credibility is an afront to traditional black preachers who've been saying be a responsible adult for years.

I could absolutely be in the wrong, but using Kanye and Kim as the arbiters of faith is a joke.

Agree BUT he has an infinitely larger platform than any of the preachers you're talking about or probably any other prominent Christian of any denomination save the Pope.

Moolooman

Sparrow
Agree BUT he has an infinitely larger platform than any of the preachers you're talking about or probably any other prominent Christian of any denomination save the Pope.

Agreed, but he’s also off the rails and a industrial grade loose unit at times. Thankfully he hasn’t discovered fire arms yet.

Thing with Ye, is you wonder if he’s actually a legit man of god or is it‘s just the anti bi polar medication.

I like the guy, I think his heart is I the right place though.

Legit, I’m not so sure.