The Joe Rogan thread

BeefStew

Pigeon
What bothered me about Rogan over the years was how he seemed to become progressively more infatuated with academic/leftist types and (unless he was always like this) seemed to counterbalance by disrespecting guests who were not (unless they were cool or tough by societies standards).

antman333

Sparrow
I think people most people have been unnecessarily critical of Joe since his switch.

It's mostly people conspiring about an apparent microphone in his ear and episodes getting removed.

His episode with David Smith was particularly satisfying, most people with his platform would not speak out like that.

Just my opinion of course.

I read an interesting article that him switching to Spotify has effectively "contained" his organic outreach, ie influence, to the general public via Google Search, Youtube metrics. And this appears to be true, he is a lot less visible to the general public now on spotify, than when he was sort of "organically" visible on youtube via the algorithm. I don't want to get into specutation, but in effect by selling out, a guy who by many accounts has controversial guests and guests who break the mold of tranditional media, now has a weaker voice, and lost a big portion of his casual audience. I get it, I get it, Rogan is a liberal, promotes bad values etc, but other day he said something rather neutral or negative about young people and vaccines and people got butthurt. You'd be hard pressed to find many public figures questioning the narrative, the only other that comes to mind is what Tuckers been saying about injections recently.

Chetthebaker

Woodpecker
It’s essentially what happened to Howard Stern 15-16 years ago. They drove the dump truck full of money up to his house, told him he could do or say whatever he wanted now in his own little sandbox, and shrunk his audience exponentially. He doesn’t care cause he’s laughing all the way to the bank. I think I I remember reading somewhere Howard’s audience shrunk by like 12x when he went over to Sirius.

Mrredsquare

Woodpecker
How has anyone been watching this guy? You can tell from the start he's a mealymouthed numbleskull. That was incredibly painful to watch.
He's apparently friends with Alex Jones, so he must have seen the adverse reactions and mass death reports coming in?

Unless his story about The UFC is bogus and he's just downplaying it to get a free pass from the jab.

As for the other guy I don't know him, but him openly admitting he's a "Sheeple" is truly mind-blowing and sad.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I have no words.

Love it how ''real journalism'' comes up and a guy named ''greenwald'' is the first one mentions, my alien radar is triggered there. That being said it's tough to keep your stand when the whole system turns against you. So can't blame Joe too much for backtracking a bit. It's good that there's another piece of info in the minds of the masses. Pretty interesting to see though how the whole system like a machine turns against someone like Rogan when this comes out, literally like an oiled machine, all in lockstep.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Orthodox
I'm not surprised at all but in his defense, he only walked back a portion of it, and it was just a massage. I wonder if he knows (maybe he does since he immediately said, "well aren't others vaccinated if at risk"?) that the medical basis or physiology regarding "other people" apart from his question, is spurious at best. It's the same retard (non) thinking that would worry about a 0.5% IFR disease after 3 years of nothing really happening to anyone to be potentially "dangerous."

If you have a functional immune system as a healthy person are you constantly shedding or transmitting a virus? Of course not.

Gimlet

Kingfisher
Joe Rogan is a knucklehead who did well for himself. He lucked into 2 series which went into syndication, he was a commentator for MMA/UFC way before it was popular, he is a decent stand up and started a podcast which happened to blow up due to format and a variety of interesting guests. Good for him. His Spotify deal has changed the financial fortunes of his lineage, possibly for multiple generations. Good for him. He never claimed to be a pundit, he never claimed to be a savior. I think people who are mad at him expected Rogan to be a hero. He's not.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
I have no words.

People who are diehard Rogan fans probably have weak father figures, 105 IQ (at best), and were probably the kid in high school you beat up and locked into the locker, and are now later in life trying to find their testicular fortitude...

His episodes with AJ back in the day were good. Pat McNamara was pretty good. His best episode is with Louis Simmons. Talk about Testicular fortiude... but apparently thats been deleted from what I can see on Youtube.

Other than that, this guy has gone total shill.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
People who are diehard Rogan fans probably have weak father figures, 105 IQ (at best), and were probably the kid in high school you beat up and locked into the locker, and are now later in life trying to find their sense of manhood and independence.

His episodes with AJ back in the day were good. Pat McNamara was pretty good. His best episode is with Louis Simmons. Talk about Testicular fortiude... but apparently thats been deleted from what I can see on Youtube.

Other than that, this guy has gone total shill.

What I just found out is that these comments he made about youth and vaccinations were not the ones that were 'bad', it was an interview few days earlier with a MSM journalist named Rogin. In this interview Rogin stated that Coronavirus escaped from a Chinese lab in Wuhan, the research on said Coronavirus being funded by Fauci and NIH to the tune of 3 million USD. These comments are of far more importance than the young people vaccination comments. They're a red herring to divert from the comments Josh Rogin made a few days earlier.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
What I just found out is that these comments he made about youth and vaccinations were not the ones that were 'bad', it was an interview few days earlier with a MSM journalist named Rogin. In this interview Rogin stated that Coronavirus escaped from a Chinese lab in Wuhan, the research on said Coronavirus being funded by Fauci and NIH to the tune of 3 million USD. These comments are of far more importance than the young people vaccination comments. They're a red herring to divert from the comments Josh Rogin made a few days earlier.
Bingo.

That interview with the hyped up Rogin was hard to listen to, but it was chalk full of mindblowing information.

Fenaroli

Robin
I don’t think he’s dumb but he’s certainly not the brightest. Sellout? 100% and yet once in awhile he says based and redpilled things. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has some sort of behind-thescenes connections to powerful people.

I absolutely refuse to believe he grew in success purely by talent. He’s definitely tapped into some elite circles. His politics are a mixed bag: opportunistic and changes with the climate.

I remember when he wore a Ron Paul t shirt on Jay Leno, those were the days..

He had a heroic conspiracy theory past that he’s downplayed to be “mainstream”. I think Eddie Bravo knows the deal.

The only time i watch him now is if he has Michael Malice or Dave Smith on.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
He had Anthony Cumia on the other day. It was good to listen to that old guy talk some sense. He been in and out of the machine and knows its inner demons more than most.

Rogan's in with the elites were his ability to not care about them. He was alluring because he never went to parties (apparently) and would often just hang out in pool halls all night instead. To the evil hollywood wannabees and elites, guys like that were a curiosity.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
He had Anthony Cumia on the other day. It was good to listen to that old guy talk some sense. He been in and out of the machine and knows its inner demons more than most.

Rogan's in with the elites were his ability to not care about them. He was alluring because he never went to parties (apparently) and would often just hang out in pool halls all night instead. To the evil hollywood wannabees and elites, guys like that were a curiosity.

I read Arnold Schwarzenegger's auto biography years back. He went into depth about how Clint Eastwood was just like that, didn't go to Hollywood parties, had his own hobbies and places he liked to go.

As an aside: Clint > Rogan

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Wow bro that's pretty cool that you beat up and threw kids in lockers in high school. So cool it was worth quoting yourself.

SVK

Woodpecker
It’s essentially what happened to Howard Stern 15-16 years ago. They drove the dump truck full of money up to his house, told him he could do or say whatever he wanted now in his own little sandbox, and shrunk his audience exponentially. He doesn’t care cause he’s laughing all the way to the bank. I think I I remember reading somewhere Howard’s audience shrunk by like 12x when he went over to Sirius.

JRE is still available for free though. Still I'd estimate the audience was halved or worse. Spotify as a podcast platform absolutely sucks. I wish they would spend their money on their software instead of paying crazy $$$ to "personalities" like Joe Rogan or Michelle Obama.

Roosh's audience probably went down by 100x from it's heyday in mid 2010s, especially if you add platforms like RoK.