The Jordan Peterson thread

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Gold Member
JP is a brilliant man who's helped alot of people get their heads screwed on straight. He's spot on about diversity being between individuals and not groups. The individual is sacrosanct in the West. I believe this is because of Christianity and the idea of a personal walk and relationship with the heavenly father through Christ.

Furthermore, Peterson has done a better job of articulating the horrors and failures of communism as a system than anyone else I've heard. The same people who hate him hate you!

Instead of complaints and name calling why don't we pray for him? I have been. We're better than this.

mgill0600

Pigeon
JP is a brilliant man who's helped alot of people get their heads screwed on straight. He's spot on about diversity being between individuals and not groups. The individual is sacrosanct in the West. I believe this is because of Christianity and the idea of a personal walk and relationship with the heavenly father through Christ.

Furthermore, Peterson has done a better job of articulating the horrors and failures of communism as a system than anyone else I've heard. The same people who hate him hate you!

Instead of complaints and name calling why don't we pray for him? I have been. We're better than this.
Agree with this, pray the man comes to Christ. He's soooooo close to the truth, but his intellect and ego I think is holding him back from it.

He recently hosted Jocko Willink on his podcast. The first hour or so the conversation sort of turned towards 'the horrors of war' type of subjects and JP came across as very frail and emotional, like it was too much for him to even contemplate. I felt truly sad for him.

The latter part of the podcast turned towards how Jocko's books have helped kids, and in general about how people can find inspiration, and JP seemed to perk up quite a bit.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Of course he has always been a normie, but I do not find the things he talks about to be repulsive. I will give him a year to find Christ.
The problem is that when JP started out, he had literally nothing to lose: he is tenured at the University of Toronto, and has a solid clinical practice.

When he went after the trans pronouns, he knew that this was a fringe issue that most people were secretly against, but were too afraid to come out about. Same with feminism. Same with much of the Leftist fanaticism. He knew he could make money from disgruntled and alienated men who had had enough.

The problem with the COVID-19 narrative is that much of JP's fanbase subscribes to it, including men that I know. They love Peterson, but also wear masks and believe in lockdowns and vaccines. If JP were to come out against these Covidiots, then he would lose a lot of his fanbase, and a substantial chunk of income.

The problem is that when JP started out, he had literally nothing to lose: he is tenured at the University of Toronto, and has a solid clinical practice.

When he went after the trans pronouns, he knew that this was a fringe issue that most people were secretly against, but were too afraid to come out about. Same with feminism. Same with much of the Leftist fanaticism. He knew he could make money from disgruntled and alienated men who had had enough.

The problem with the COVID-19 narrative is that much of JP's fanbase subscribes to it, including men that I know. They love Peterson, but also wear masks and believe in lockdowns and vaccines. If JP were to come out against these Covidiots, then he would lose a lot of his fanbase, and a substantial chunk of income.
I do not really care about that. People on this forum put too much of a rigorous measure upon people. I can just say that he planted a seed in order for me and my best friend to find our Catholic roots again by ways of his lectures, although they stress too much of a psychological side of religion in general. This was the starting point of me finding Christ and that is what counts for me. And giving hope to young people is essential. JBP is a victim of these times. Just my two cents.

I do not really care about that. People on this forum put too much of a rigorous measure upon people. I can just say that he planted a seed in order for me and my best friend to find our Catholic roots again by ways of his lectures, although they stress too much of a psychological side of religion in general. This was the starting point of me finding Christ and that is what counts for me. And giving hope to young people is essential. JBP is a victim of these times. Just my two cents.
Yes. You can't have JP and Jocko Willink in one person. There is no perfect, universal man ,politician, leader, president. You can find flaws in everyone, if you want to.
Many people just want too much from one single man.
I think, in these times, one of most important personal qualities are honesty, and to be strong enough to admit harsh truth.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I find JP to be an oddity. Neither like nor dislike him. I occasionally check in to see what he's been up to, but don't follow him closely at all.

He is definitely on the cusp of Christianity. He's an intelligent guy and his style with very controversial topics (JQ, CV19) seems to be to not touch them and focus on other topics that are a bit lower on the scale of controversy, but still "hot" if you will. JP is a master of finding a topic that is just controversial enough to garner attention without rocking the normies too badly.

One could call this cowardly, or normie, and another could call it intelligent. Both positions are certainly arguable. JP is a smart cookie, either way.

It is often true in life that you can affect more change from the middle, than from the extremes.

Pantheon

Robin
Orthodox
If modern Christians 'mindlessly' cling to the idea of God on behalf of inwards realization, JP seems to fall into the psyche on behalf of the metaphysical. For even if the psychological view will reveal many deep insights, at least the pure belief of the faithful grounds them in something actually transcendent.

But JP thinks seriously about God, and one has to give him that. Some would undoubtedly say that he circles around the question too much but to me it reveals that he is thinking and showing a lot of respect for the concept of God. For sometimes the context of a question is too big to be boiled down to a yes/no answer. Of course, this is where a true Christian must sooner or later act on faith.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I believe Jordan Peterson is really close to accepting Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior. I ask all of the members of this site to please pray for Jordan Peterson.

I've prayed for Roosh to accept Christ over these long years and now look at his walk with the Lord! Prayer matters a great deal.

Jamal D

Robin
I would not get all soft on this guy. I find him very likable and extremely smart and well read, yet he can come up with something like this? Let`s just face it, no matter the crocodile tears in every interview and turning to Christ (which I doubt is deep) he is not on the right side of history.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
I would not get all soft on this guy. I find him very likable and extremely smart and well read, yet he can come up with something like this? Let`s just face it, no matter the crocodile tears in every interview and turning to Christ (which I doubt is deep) he is not on the right side of history.

Well what do you expect from a guy that visits the Bilderberg meetings and named his daughter after a Soviet leader. He needs to keep his masters happy and keep young men in limbo. Obvious plant is obvious.