The Jordan Peterson thread

Cartographer

Pelican
Gold Member
If you go on reddit or any other liberal echo chamber, they say the same thing about liberalism... they actually think the mainstream media is TOO conservative and ditto for any far left politician outside AOC. These people all still vote for limousine liberals like Newsom and Biden because the one thing they all can agree on is orange man/republican bad.

There absolutely is a modern conservative movement happening on alternative media. It is largely a secular movement, but it’s a fairly red pilled version of conservativism, and in my opinion, it’s about as good as you can hope. We will need a shock to the system for a mass return to religion in the West. Unfortuantely many simply aren’t ready for that, and a secular message in the time being will have to do. It’s actually rather remarkable the things I hear young people talking about these days. Even 5 years ago, discussions about fed money printing were largely limited to niche outlets, now you see it everywhere. I see similar phenomenon regarding red pill ideas on female nature and dating... lots of mainstream talk about this stuff, which was much more limited 10 years ago.

I personally think if we all choose to go it alone in our tribes, one day you’ll simply find a purple haired, armed government goon at your door to take your children away to fag camp. Win back our cultural and political institutions, then we can fight over our own accolades.

I just googled purple haired-goon and got this...

Funny stuff aside, I think you're framing things like one of the commentary actors on Fox News. The last big system shock that stuck around was the commie revolution and the one before that created the system that you are suggesting we shock now.

Also, just saying Jordan Peterson is an "ally" isn't exactly going to shock anything.

Edit: Let me be more clear. I think you're spreading vague, doomer FUD and I don't think it's helpful. I disagree with your outlook entirely. We don't need to fight fire with fire, we need to stop supporting the institutions that weaken us and build better ones to replace them. A revolution won't solve anything, slow and steady self-correction with God's help will.

Last edited:

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Funny stuff aside, I think you're framing things like one of the commentary actors on Fox News. The last big system shock that stuck around was the commie revolution and the one before that created the system that you are suggesting we shock now.

Also, just saying Jordan Peterson is an "ally" isn't exactly going to shock anything.

Edit: Let me be more clear. I think you're spreading vague, doomer FUD and I don't think it's helpful. I disagree with your outlook entirely. We don't need to fight fire with fire, we need to stop supporting the institutions that weaken us and build better ones to replace them. A revolution won't solve anything, slow and steady self-correction with God's help will.
Well how did we get to this point in the first place? Conservatives in general have sat around letting leftists have their way for decades. Leftists literally have a proxy army of BLM/Antifa now enforcing their worldview. The US military is woke. The FBI is woke. The NSA/CIA is woke. The IRS is woke. What institutions are we going to prop up to counter these? Why weren’t we self correcting decades ago before our own government defacto declared war on us? There have been conservative Christian voices and outlets warning about this for decades, yet few have even paid them attention. What exactly is the game plan to change the direction at this point, if guys like Peterson aren’t good enough for us?

Last edited:

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Well how did we get to this point in the first place? Conservatives in general have sat around letting leftists have their way for decades. Leftists literally have a proxy army of BLM/Antifa now enforcing their worldview. The US military is woke. The FBI is woke. The NSA/CIA is woke. The IRS is woke. What institutions are we going to prop up to counter these? Why weren’t we self correcting decades ago before our own government defacto declared war on us? There have been conservative Christian voices and outlets warning about this for decades, yet few have even paid them attention. What exactly is the game plan to change the direction at this point, if guys like Peterson aren’t good enough for us?
Jordan Peterson is a leftist who believes in gay marriage, abortion, and the vaccine. If you think he’s a conservative, then conservatism is dead.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Jordan Peterson is a leftist who believes in gay marriage, abortion, and the vaccine. If you think he’s a conservative, then conservatism is dead.
He speaks to people otherwise lost in the liberal hivemind because he doesn’t have all these “flags” liberals use to tune out opposing opinions. There are many trad cons that have been speaking out for decades and the only people hearing them are already loyalists. I for one, never would have embraced this forum and its worldview if I didn’t have many “bridges” before it that brought me away from blue pill mentality. It’s part of the reason “conservative” became such a dirty word to modern generations, as conservative figures were almost always boring old men.

Batman_

Kingfisher
Has Peterson made any statements against lockdowns or vaccine passports?

If not, then he is compromised, and should be ignored.
If anyone was wondering, he was recently on a podcast with Bret Weinstein stating he thought the vaccines were a good thing, and the world needs more of them, and had nothing else to say. For someone who's so thoroughly studied marxism and tryannical govt (and who lives in Toronto), I find this alarming.

Last edited:
Based on the recent posts, I'm sure my opinion on this matter will be unpopular. But I will offer it nevertheless.

There is a saying "you're only as good as your last performance". People have short memories, and it's easy to judge JP my his most recent statements, or by his lowest moments (his addiction to painkillers, culminating in a complete absence from the public eye while undergoing intensive treatment in Russia, for example). But those who have enjoyed his content should remember we owe him some respect.

For all his faults, he has red pilled thousands of people, young and old, and helped them tremendously. He has brought many back to God and the church, which is no small feat considering how sickening and depraved our modern secular world has become. He has inspired people to be more responsible, orderly and courageous. He has renewed many people's faith in the west, despite the sustained cynicism and attacks of academia/msm/the corporate world against it.

That he doesn't just pray and fast all day long, and that he may be left of center (or of you personally) on some issues is missing the mark.

He is a very wise, brave man who has done more for sane political and cultural discourse than any other public figure in recent history. His arguments against feminism, athiesm, and left-wing authoritarianism are unmatched and remain undefeated. His numerous interviews and panel appearances, his biblical lecture series were all excellent. He annihilated the moronic politicians during the C-16 senate hearing. He called out those who needed it.

I remember when he first started ruffling some feathers back in early 2016. I was working in a related field at the time, and living in Toronto, paid close attention to the local ground swell. That he gained so much respect for refusing to bow down to the mob with the compelled speech (Bill C-16) issue showed that our culture was lacking that type of integrity, common sense and eloquence.

Whether he 'sold out' after signing with CAA and making millions, and hasn't quite been the same after his medical interventions again misses the mark. These are not unimportant points, but I find they are mostly discussed by angsty 20-somethings who haven't really done anything with their lives, and who will never make the positive impact Jordan has.

I've heard lots of arguments about reading other Christian sources instead of reading Peterson. I've seen him hated because he is both not conservative enough and also not liberal enough -- being both a nazi and a shill for the Jews, etc. It's a mess.

I haven't heard many deep, thorough discussions of his ideas or his positive influence however.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Not sure if these have been posted here yet

“Jordan Peterson is an anti-white globalist”
“Jordan Peterson dismantled”
“Jordan Peterson is an anti-Christ false prophet”

I watched these videos, and they only touch upon surface issues.

Yes, the fact that Peterson wrote papers for the UN is bad, but I don't really care what he thinks about right-wing nationalism. Politics in the West has been a joke for a while now.

The bigger concern is Peterson's reducing the Gospel to a quasi-gnostic psychological fairytale. Not everything is about Jungian archetypes.

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I owe Jordan Peterson credit for being a part of my journey that led to becoming a Christian. He got me away from believing that the Bible is nonsense, and led me to seeing the value in it. So I owe him that.

Since making it to the other shore however, I think he is dangerous. He's enamoured with his own intellect. He's basically a gnostic (along with his buddy Pageau). He disregards the gospel message, and insists upon his archetypal, allegorical, hyper symbolic interpretation of scripture. He has the key to understanding it, and the salvific message is cast aside. He is helping atheists see the value of scripture, but there is the risk that they get caught in his interpretation and remain, as he does, in denial of the actual message contained therein.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I owe Jordan Peterson credit for being a part of my journey that led to becoming a Christian. He got me away from believing that the Bible is nonsense, and led me to seeing the value in it. So I owe him that.

Since making it to the other shore however, I think he is dangerous. He's enamoured with his own intellect. He's basically a gnostic (along with his buddy Pageau). He disregards the gospel message, and insists upon his archetypal, allegorical, hyper symbolic interpretation of scripture. He has the key to understanding it, and the salvific message is cast aside. He is helping atheists see the value of scripture, but there is the risk that they get caught in his interpretation and remain, as he does, in denial of the actual message contained therein.
In Orthodox lingo, he would be considered a student of the Alexandrian exegetical school which the Antiochians sought to correct, by making sure that all allegorical exegesis was still grounded in the historical reality of Biblical events. The Alexandrians went too far in "spiritualizing" everything, to the point of separating said spirituality from historicity, hence the need for correction.

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
In Orthodox lingo, he would be considered a student of the Alexandrian exegetical school which the Antiochians sought to correct, by making sure that all allegorical exegesis was still grounded in the historical reality of Biblical events. The Alexandrians went too far in "spiritualizing" everything, to the point of separating said spirituality from historicity, hence the need for correction.
I'm not super hot on all the specific terminology, I just mean gnosticism in terms of him presenting it as being about some kind of esoteric knowledge involved in interpreting scripture which he has the key to...

I'm personally more wary of Pageau than Peterson. At least Peterson doesn't claim to be Orthodox.

Look at Pageau's weak refutation of gnosticism followed by a direct comparison with Christ to a gnostic symbol (the snake eating it's own tail), complete with an evil laugh:

I feel like he is leading many Orthodox astray with his babbling symbolism nonsense.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I'm not super hot on all the specific terminology, I just mean gnosticism in terms of him presenting it as being about some kind of esoteric knowledge involved in interpreting scripture which he has the key to...

I'm personally more wary of Pageau than Peterson. At least Peterson doesn't claim to be Orthodox.

Look at Pageau's weak refutation of gnosticism followed by a direct comparison with Christ to a gnostic symbol (the snake eating it's own tail), complete with an evil laugh:

I feel like he is leading many Orthodox astray with his babbling symbolism nonsense.
He is way out of his league when it comes to any kind of occult or gnostic topic. He made a whole video “refuting” one of mine (never mentioning me by name), and it became very clear at that point that for all his talk about symbols and meanings, he doesn’t really understand the ways in which Christianity is in direct opposition to pagan understandings of these topics. He subtly borders on perennialism when he tries to find these “overlaps” between Christianity and all this “hierarchy” talk he learned from Peterson (a word that otherwise does have important meaning) , or that horrible comparison of Christ to the Ouroboros. He is a great iconographer who refuses to stick to his wheelhouse, and far too often does this “bafflegarble” style of speech (to quote Vox Day) rather than saying “I don’t know” when he doesn’t know.

I watched these videos, and they only touch upon surface issues.

Yes, the fact that Peterson wrote papers for the UN is bad, but I don't really care what he thinks about right-wing nationalism. Politics in the West has been a joke for a while now.

The bigger concern is Peterson's reducing the Gospel to a quasi-gnostic psychological fairytale. Not everything is about Jungian archetypes.

Peterson doesn't actually believe in the historicity of the Bible or the True Supernatural. Only Psychological archetypes. And as Voxday shows he takes inspiration of Alister Crowley as well:

And Jung which he takes inspiration from tried to psychoanalyze God in his book "Aion" which is reviewed here by a Gnostic I think:

Not sure if these have been posted here yet

“Jordan Peterson is an anti-white globalist”
“Jordan Peterson dismantled”
“Jordan Peterson is an anti-Christ false prophet”

The last video is an example of Jordan Peterson applying the "Integration of the shadow self which is the unconscious" which in Peterson's case is Lucifer that Jung advocated since it is apparently essential for psychological health and the wellbeing of Life.

The last video is an example of Jordan Peterson applying the "Integration of the shadow self which is the unconscious" which in Peterson's case is Lucifer that Jung advocated since it is apparently essential for psychological health and the wellbeing of Life.
Interviewer: Do you believe that Jesus rose again from the dead?

JP: *awkward silence*

Interviewer: Literally?

JP: *long pause* I find it…uh…I cannot answer that question… It depends on what you mean by Jesus

Interviewer: A historical human being, that existed—

JP: In a body…?

Interviewer: Yes.

JP: …and, and, there was a physical body? and it was on earth?…

Interviewer: Yeah, that was on earth, and literally, uh, was literally, uhhh ummmm, that came back to life. After death.

JP: *pauses with constipated look on face*

Pathetic!!!

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Interviewer: Do you believe that Jesus rose again from the dead?

JP: *awkward silence*

Interviewer: Literally?

JP: *long pause* I find it…uh…I cannot answer that question… It depends on what you mean by Jesus

Interviewer: A historical human being, that existed—

JP: In a body…?

Interviewer: Yes.

JP: …and, and, there was a physical body? and it was on earth?…

Interviewer: Yeah, that was on earth, and literally, uh, was literally, uhhh ummmm, that came back to life. After death.

JP: *pauses with constipated look on face*

Pathetic!!!

Yeah this is the crux of the problem with Peterson. He goes in depth on the symbolism in the scriptures, and gets all teary eyed when he speaks about Jesus, but ultimately he is leading people up a dead end because he won't confess the Truth that leads to salvation.

Yeah this is the crux of the problem with Peterson. He goes in depth on the symbolism in the scriptures, and gets all teary eyed when he speaks about Jesus, but ultimately he is leading people up a dead end because he won't confess the Truth that leads to salvation.

He doesn't believe at all. Jesus is just an archetype and not a real person who is what he claimed to be. Which is God.