The Jordan Peterson thread

Lawrence87

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I'd argue him maintaining a secular perspective (or appearance of such) is more beneficial. He's a gateway drug to the red pill, and for better or worse, many of those that began in the secular world (many on this forum if I'm not mistaken), need the stepping stone before going God pill. He's one of them. There are a lot of normies that respect what he says, even liberals. I highly doubt he would have gotten the same traction in pop culture if he was deemed "religious", and certainly Christian. Yea I know, good riddance says this forum, but he's a bridge for those firmly still in the blue pill, liberal mindset.
I can sort of see what you mean. Where he is a stepping stone for some though, he is a dead end for others.

I also don't think he has set himself up as, nor does he believe himself to be a stepping stone, so I think anyone who takes the God pill after being influenced by him does so in spite of him. Maybe it's useful that he has become such for some people, but I don't think it's purposeful or inevitable.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I can sort of see what you mean. Where he is a stepping stone for some though, he is a dead end for others.

I also don't think he has set himself up as, nor does he believe himself to be a stepping stone, so I think anyone who takes the God pill after being influenced by him does so in spite of him. Maybe it's useful that he has become such for some people, but I don't think it's purposeful or inevitable.
Agree with all your points. Peterson was far from solely responsible for my red pilling, but he speaks in liberal, academic ways, which speaks to normies. He's hard to deny, and he plants a seed, even if you don't want him to. There are almost no liberals, even centrist, liberals that would ever concede anything in this forum is truth or even reasonable. The same could probably even be said for someone like Tucker Carlson. They are too "tainted" in their eyes to ever be legit, they can't break through. Peterson and Rogan are two figures that can reach into the other side like that, and I think it's extremely valuable. I know this forum doesn't really like him, but Peterson is for people that are still practicing and even relishing in the degenerate, secular world.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Peterson is arguably the clearest example I can think of of someone who fits your first category of gatekeeper, the calculated liar. He is a kind of lifetime actor, term coined by Joe Atwill, someone who is always playing a role in public and is always calculating when it comes to sensitive topics, always conscious of his role as pied piper to a very large purple pilled audience.

In the second category, you have a lot of well-meaning leftists, like say Abby Martin, or boomercons like Robert Barnes. People who get most of the gaslighting but don't have enough depth to their analysis to drill down to the very core of the onion, so they steer the conversation away when sensitive issues are brought up.
So would you say then that JP is purposefully put forward by the elite to give people a sense of truth, but not going all the way? That he knows this? Do we have any proof for that? Because I get that argument that he doesn't portray the entire truth, but for me e.g he was a crucial stepping stones to get to the deeper layers. If we make these assumptions I think we should be able to substantiate them and otherwise come from bona fide.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
The guy occupied the Timothy Leary chair at the Harvard psychology dept. Leary was a CIA-sponsored academic/pop cult figure who built a large following among young men in the 60s, aimed at dumbing down leftists and turning them into atomized individuals, steering them away from their Christian conservative roots with a program of fake self-enlightenment.

JP also is an academic/pop cult figure who built a large following among young men, and like Leary he received a lot of help from the establishment in building up his massive following. His message is aimed at right-leaning young men, and like Leary's it also leads them to become atomized indiviuals, as it is a message of generic self-help that de-emphasizes family, faith and nation, just as Leary's 1960s programming did.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Protestant
Gold Member
The guy occupied the Timothy Leary chair at the Harvard psychology dept. Leary was a CIA-sponsored academic/pop cult figure who built a large following among young men in the 60s, aimed at dumbing down leftists and turning them into atomized individuals, steering them away from their Christian conservative roots with a program of fake self-enlightenment.

JP also is an academic/pop cult figure who built a large following among young men, and like Leary he received a lot of help from the establishment in building up his massive following. His message is aimed at right-leaning young men, and like Leary's it also leads them to become atomized indiviuals, as it is a message of generic self-help that de-emphasizes family, faith and nation, just as Leary's 1960s programming did.

Absurd, with that tweet Peterson was differentiating himself from Leary. JP's Biblical lectures have done alot to stoke curiosity in the Bible and hilight it's fundamental importance to Western Civilization.

Ouroboros

Woodpecker
Peterson doesn't de-emphasize family and faith - he often talks about how having a family and children is the right course of action for the vast majority of people and how religion is the fundamentally important bedrock of Western civilization and ethics, without which you end up with nihilism and wokeism filling the vacuum

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
He advocates a truncated form of family and faith, completely removed from the notion of nation, which is the extension and full manifestation of those ideals. His truncated version of family and faith is pretty much the masonic version.

And his dalliances into Christian faith only mimic those of a true believer, they are those of a heretical gnostic who seeks to undermine the simple beauty and depth of Christianity by force-fitting it into an enlightenment paradigm.

Sooth

Pelican
Gold Member
I have been following JBP since his first popular video.

God is putting him and his family thought the wringer and then on display for the world as a metaphor for our own lives.

I had high hopes for him however recently I saw a short where he was all "I've had a lot of people ask me when I'm just going to accept Jesus, and woah buddy, I've been talking to a lot of muslims, they're fans of mine, I've got a lot of muslim fans, and bhuddists too, and what makes you so certain buddy. I've got a lot of thinking to do before that".

I pray God goes easy on him and he doesn't get hit by a bus soon.

Psycho Rooster

Pigeon
Orthodox
I'll admit that Jordan's Bible series is what got me to seriously consider Christianity. But that his weird gnostic non-committal take definitely had a negative affect as well. Imagine your in your 20s and you and a friend are both dating women. You get engaged, marry your girlfriend and have children together. But when you reconnect with your friend, now in your 30s, he's still unmarried but dating the same girl. There's only so long that you "just can't tell" until it becomes obvious something weird is going on.

rouchno1fan

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
Does anyone know if he still needs almost an hour to answer the question of whether or not he believes in God?
This bloke can talk and talk. I listened to one of his audio books (12hrs?). He's all so smart and intellectual and I nodded along to everything. However I have literally no memory of anything he said. Bit of a windbag really. I recall something he was going on and on about lobsters I thinkat one point, but that's about it.