The Jordan Peterson thread

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Protestant
Gold Member
Secular endeavors are actually anti-Christian in nature. They try to emulate all the virtues without Christ. (although recently their emulation of virtue is getting quite warped). By definition secularity is setting up a system in place of Christ.

Not necessarily. Then why do we discuss anyone or anything secular on this site? What I've heard from JP has affirmed what I've known abou t the fallen nature of men and the necessity of carrying the suffering of life with faith and belief in Christ. Nothing is 'in lieu' of Biblical teaching and there's plenty to disagree with fundamentally with these men without calling them (JP) some of the horrible things leveled against them. The vitriol leveled against Peterson is incongruent with his perceived offenses.

The twelve step program in Alcoholics Anonymous is considered secular and for all practical purposes is but it affirms Christian principles very well.

Caramasão

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I don't think all secular endeavours are bad.

I like how Saint Gregory of Nyssa uses the foreign wife of Moses to symbolize the secular knowledge, when the angel comes to kill her child with Moses, the wife was able to mollify the angel by offering up the child as clean by fully removing the foreskin (the sign of the foreigner). Saint Gregory then concludes:

"There is something carnal and uncircumcised within the teachings of (secular) philosophy and when that has been cast off, the remaining part is the pure Israelite people.

As an example, secular philosophy tells us that the soul cannot die. This is a holy child. However it also states that souls can transfer from body to body and are transformed from a logical to an illogical nature. This is the carnal and foreign foreskin.

(...)

When these are cast off, the angel of the Lord approaches us with mercy, as if delighting in the genuine children of these teachings."

Not necessarily. Then why do we discuss anyone or anything secular on this site? What I've heard from JP has affirmed what I've known abou t the fallen nature of men and the necessity of carrying the suffering of life with faith and belief in Christ. Nothing is 'in lieu' of Biblical teaching and there's plenty to disagree with fundamentally with these men without calling them (JP) some of the horrible things leveled against them. The vitriol leveled against Peterson is incongruent with his perceived offenses.

The twelve step program in Alcoholics Anonymous is considered secular and for all practical purposes is but it affirms Christian principles very well.
Perhaps, for a brief moment, this man's talks were helpful to 18-25 year old males in a dark place, with no female attention or career prospects or greater connection to life. This man is not a Christian and given his pedagogical tendencies he spouts a lot of nonsense and is not someone a younger man should look up to as a role model. When you've come as far as this guy did, only to cauterize your brain with SSRIs and benzos and other petrochemical pharmaceuticals and thrown in his lot with rabbinical Judaism, then it is clear where he stands. I'm sorry you feel offended that you've spent so much time listening to him and that many of us do not share these opinions, but do not think of your time as being wasted, rather, let it be a reminder to you that heavily investing in any one human's teachings is a folly. Yes we should pray for him because we should pray for everyone on earth, even the enemies of Christ. The level of criticism being leveled against him is directly related to what he has been doing and saying and supporting. I do not wish to level anything against him because I never spent time on him so what he says has no meaning to me, but young men must be warned, they must not follow false shepherds. I think this man should be ignored. Prayed for, but ignored, like many others who are breaking down from their past actions and are ineligible to be leaders.

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox
He is now being investigated by his licensing body.

While I am sympathetic to his plight, I wonder where he was during COVID, when countless doctors and scientists were losing their jobs and being subject to persecution?

He is a prominent figure. If he had spoken up earlier, then perhaps he could have saved himself this trouble too.

Sevomoz

Pigeon
Catholic
A common recurring thought of JBP is something along the lines of, “Act as if God exists”. I’m sure some of you have heard something to that effect from him.

To a non believer this may make rational sense but as a believer I know that I could not act as a man of God without faith. It’s an absurd idea. It’s the classic taking a little bit of this dogma and adding some of this to make your own personal morality. A recipe for disaster and just another way to get off the true path.

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
He seems to have served two purposes. In his earlier fame he appears to have gotten many men on a better track. I believe one if the mods here credits Peterson with his coming to faith. Or as a precursor.

Now he appears to be another instrument pushing people off the secular liberal plantation. He's been held up in the halls of secular dieties like Nietzsche. It's beginning to look a lot like the man behind the curtain. It's not like this is Brian Stelter when it was obvious there was nothing there to begin with. This is probably the biggest public intellectual of the 21st century, liking his daughter's semi nudes, whacked out on drugs, angrily hall monitoring 1000s of anon trolls in his comments, snapping like his grandmother, publishing perversity and draping himself in a buffet of high sounding jargon that has no real meaning. He seems to have become very odd of late. I can't take him remotely seriously. He's fallen to the level of Brian Stelter. Not because he is as wrong about everything as Brian, but because the gap between the advert and the actual goods is comically large.

Lawrence87

Kingfisher
Orthodox
What's funny to me is how JP is made out to be some diabolical threat to the world here. I've listened to hundreds of hours of his podcasts and lectures commuting to and from work and found his take on art, literature and of course psychology very interesting and thought provoking.

What kind of world am I witnessing here where Ye is a hero and JP trashed to no end? With love I say, some of you guys need to lighten up in '23.

He says some interesting stuff for sure, and he certainly isn't evil. However he does lead young men on a wild goose chase with his breadcrumb trail of saying things men need to hear, but never giving them the fullness of Truth. It's like he patrols the edges of the playing field of acceptable discourse and tries to stop people, young men particularly, from going off the edge. This is especially evident in his stance on the JQ.

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Frankly, Khamenei is not wrong. JP doesn't try to engage him with his points; he just calls him names.

His ability to engage dramatically dropped once he got on the Daily Wire reserve. He used to be quite good at providing specific replies to criticism and queries. He didn't even loose it when he got JQ'd. Now all he knows is calling people contemptable rats, demons, malicious trolls...

I think that Khamenei sounds based.

Word is he is a prolific user of the Happy Merchant Telegram sticker pack.

IMG_20230104_181747.jpg

IMG_20230104_181713.jpg

Raskolnikov

Woodpecker
Orthodox

I think that argument falls flat once you consider the whole gatekeeping thing. Yes, Peterson's talking points are better than materialism and closer to Christianity, in the same sense that Jehova's Witnesses are better than materialist nihilism, but both wouldn't even make a splash in the first place if traditionalist positions weren't excluded from public debate. I also benefited from Peterson in my early 20s, but the reason is that surface content was moderated so strongly that only a guy like Peterson would get through, and also a lot of his hype was astroturfed to begin with because he signed up with a powerful Jewish talent agency. By the same line of argumentation you could praise Ben Shapiro into heaven, because at least he's a lot better than the overtly satanic leftism we encounter daily. However, Ben Shapiro was lifted into his position from being a relatively unpopular blogposter to chief of a media empire solely because of his gatekeeping function and ethnicity. Now plenty of people regard Shapiro and Peterson as the furthest to the right you're allowed to be and that's what the whole MSM discussion is about. Andrew Anglin has controversial opinions, but he doesn't get to argue with Piers Morgan.
Jordan Peterson really doesn't hold any traditionalist views outside of "maybe traditional societal rules are okay if we view them from a Jungian/evolutionary psychological perspective". He's a progressive liberal for all intents and purposes and he knows it and yet he gatekeeps to the right, and harshly so, as exemplified in the cases of Faith Goldy and Ricardo Duchesne.

Also, and this point also has to be made, he is definitely into occult practices. Michael Witcoff has commented on it, JBP has many times cited M.P. Hall and Albert Pike and yet never speaks to the issues of Masonry and Luciferanism. That's literally occult in every sense of the word. It's covert and manipulative.

My prediction is that we are going to see him fall apart both mentally and morally in the next few years, as it seems to me that he shows some signs of early onset dementia (his speech patterns have lost a lot of their fluency and his gestures seem kind of blocked, but that's speculation on my part) and he has leaned to deeply into religious Zionism with his whole city on the mount speech that it appears likely that he won't be able to convey coherent messages any more.

Sooth

Pelican
Gold Member
Word is he is a prolific user of the Happy Merchant Telegram sticker pack.

View attachment 52988

Woow, based!

Unfortunately he's right. But that's what happens to the most powerful empires in the world, they eventually get corrupted and fall. Every time.

Maybe some multipolar BRICS system can take over, but give it time and one of them will rise above to continue the process.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
^^^ Yeah I know, everyone's a gatekeeper or controlled opposition or a mason or some such. I've seen it in thread after thread. I'm not trying to talk you guys into liking JP. I'm simply saying he doesn't deserve the level of attacks and vitriol he gets around here.
Not everyone. There are some very intelligent, hardworking people, who put in a ton of research, time and energy and have made some amazing contributions. They have their own movements that are growing by leaps and bounds.

How will you know when you find them? They are not given a platform even 1/100th the size of Peterson. And some have even been forced to move out of the west due to Antifa harassment, potential frivolous lawsuits, and being de-banked. Meanwhile, Peterson makes 7 figures and lives the life of luxury in the satanic west.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
It means he isn't a threat to the system. Which means that his talking points are system approved. Which means he isn't speaking the truth, he is a tool of the elites, aka, a gatekeeper.

Below picture's just a friendly reminder. Is Jordan Peterson a Christian or not? Why associate with (((these guys))) instead of a group of Christians (i.e., church, priest, monastery, Christian schools, etc.)?

1561173412291.jpg

In case if anybody's unaware of JP's allies...