The Jordan Peterson thread

Northumber

Sparrow
Protestant
Below picture's just a friendly reminder. Is Jordan Peterson a Christian or not? Why associate with (((these guys))) instead of a group of Christians (i.e., church, priest, monastery, Christian schools, etc.)?

sad.

There is no glory (glory that can be perceived by this world) in the way of the cross, that's why.

Last edited:

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member

^I think this point was brought up by Barron in his excellent critique of Peterson further up, it highlights the fact that he was a product of the deep state right from the start.

I have been catching up on this thread, going back to early last month, and this Vox Day article on Peterson posted above is quite good and very insightful:

(Edit - I've initially linked this Vox article by mistake here, will leave it as well because it's also very interesting even if it's not about the topic here)

"A Twitter user wonders why Jordan Peterson is so insistent on blaming the victims of sexual abuse and claiming that it is nothing more than a figment of their imaginations.

Jordan Peterson (for some reason) frantically explaining how “satanic pedophile rings” are simply the product of the minds of schizophrenic mothers and confused children. This video appears to have been completely scrubbed from the Internet.
1f914.svg
Curious.

It’s not very well-known that one of Jordan Peterson’s early appearances in the media was an attempt to explain away a Canadian pedophile ring that went back to the 1960s. I didn’t address it in Jordanetics because there wasn’t really anything to say about it at the time other than the weirdness of Peterson inserting himself into the investigation. And yet, this sort of thing appears to surround him on a regular basis.

That reads so much differently in the post-Epstein and Saville era than it did before we had conclusive evidence that there are persistent pedophile rings operating among the government and bureaucratic elites across the West, doesn’t it?

And here is a much more reliable rule of thumb: anyone who tries to blame obviously wicked actions on stupidity and incompetence instead of evil is probably complicit in that evil and is attempting to cover for it."

Last edited:

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox

^I think this point was brought up by Barron in his excellent critique of Peterson further up, it highlights the fact that he was a product of the deep state right from the start.

I have been catching up on this thread, going back to early last month, and this Vox Day article on Peterson posted above is quite good and very insightful:

(Edit - I've initially linked this Vox article by mistake here, will leave it as well because it's also very interesting even if it's not about the topic here)

"A Twitter user wonders why Jordan Peterson is so insistent on blaming the victims of sexual abuse and claiming that it is nothing more than a figment of their imaginations.

It’s not very well-known that one of Jordan Peterson’s early appearances in the media was an attempt to explain away a Canadian pedophile ring that went back to the 1960s. I didn’t address it in Jordanetics because there wasn’t really anything to say about it at the time other than the weirdness of Peterson inserting himself into the investigation. And yet, this sort of thing appears to surround him on a regular basis.

That reads so much differently in the post-Epstein and Saville era than it did before we had conclusive evidence that there are persistent pedophile rings operating among the government and bureaucratic elites across the West, doesn’t it?

And here is a much more reliable rule of thumb: anyone who tries to blame obviously wicked actions on stupidity and incompetence instead of evil is probably complicit in that evil and is attempting to cover for it."

This is pretty insane. Definitely worth looking deeper into.

I also understand that Peterson did some consulting for the United Nations.

These data, although they don't prove anything for sure, suggest that there is more to Peterson than meets the eye.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Back in 2016 (Joe Rogan Experience) and 2017 (teaching a class on Dekulakization), he talked about the Holodomor in Ukraine.

Then, in 2018 (in NYC), something changed when a Jewish-American questioner - reading passages from "200 Years Together" by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn - asked JP if the Holodomor could be repeated, given that the same people (principally Chews) are still in control of the media and other aspects of society that were in control during the Holodomor.

Questions: "If Chewish individuals hated Christian Ukrainians enough to starve millions of them to death, could the same thing happen today? Could Chewish individuals use their positions of power to seek out revenge against places like Europe and Russia that have a history of expelling Chews?"

JP's response: "I can't do it."

What was stopping him from answering someone's questions?

Note: Pay attention to the (((audience's))) reactions.

E. Michael Jones briefly talked about the above mentioned clip.

Last edited:

Lawrence87

Kingfisher
Orthodox
^^^ Yeah I know, everyone's a gatekeeper or controlled opposition or a mason or some such. I've seen it in thread after thread. I'm not trying to talk you guys into liking JP. I'm simply saying he doesn't deserve the level of attacks and vitriol he gets around here.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't hate Jordan Peterson, I sincerely wish that the Lord opens his heart and draws him in to a heartfelt confession of faith.

It is important however to break the illusion. Many people are infatuated with him, sometimes it's important to speak strongly to break the spell he has over people. The man is a trained psychologist, he knows how to speak in captivating ways that appeal to people and so forth, the problem is that he IS a gatekeeper. Until he does actually confess Christ without squirming every time he's asked about it, he's just leading people up the garden path. That does warrant calling out in my opinion.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Protestant
Gold Member
Back in 2016 (Joe Rogan Experience) and 2017 (teaching a class on Dekulakization), he talked about the Holodomor in Ukraine.

Then, in 2018 (in NYC), something changed when a Jewish-American questioner - reading passages from "200 Years Together" by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn - asked JP if the Holodomor could be repeated, given that the same people (principally Chews) are still in control of the media and other aspects of society that were in control during the Holodomor.

Questions: "If Chewish individuals hated Christian Ukrainians enough to starve millions of them to death, could the same thing happen today? Could Chewish individuals use their positions of power to seek out revenge against places like Europe and Russia that have a history of expelling Chews?"

JP's response: "I can't do it."

Note: Pay attention to the (((audience's))) reactions.

E. Michael Jones briefly talked about the above mentioned clip.

That clip has been posted on this site ad nauseum. He doesn't believe the same things as some of you guys and he's carful about what he says. Obviously he has to be. So you men can castigate those who don't believe as you do all day long and good luck with that. I'm not trying to change your minds, but there are alot of good people out there who disagree with you on things.

Jordan Peterson has done more good in this world and has made more of a positive impact on peoples lives than all of us put together. I will always defend men who I think are unfairly attacked. I will defend Jordan Peterson and you men can continue to shake your fist at the Jews. But In my opinion you're going about it all wrong even though as I've said there is legitimate grievance.

Lawrence87

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Jordan Peterson has done more good in this world and has made more of a positive impact on peoples lives than all of us put together. I will always defend men who I think are unfairly attacked. I will defend Jordan Peterson and you men can continue to shake your fist at the Jews. But In my opinion you're going about it all wrong even though as I've said there is legitimate grievance.
Peterson has undoubtedly provoked a lot of men our of their stupour and this is good to a degree. If he was just doing that then I wouldn't really care about him.

The thing is that Peterson is using Christian language and imagery and symbolism and so forth, without himself actually being able to make a sincere and simple confession of faith. This is why he warrants calling out, because to portray the Lord Jesus Christ as some kind of symbolic, pragmatic tool for self actualisation in this world is blasphemy and will not lead souls into the Heavenly Kingdom

paternos

Kingfisher
Catholic
Interesting posts. Just pondering further on them. I get to the conclusion it's even worse then I thought at first.

Peterson takes Christ out of Christianity.

He sounds like a jew, who wants the rest of the people to behave like his view of good Christians. So while he sits at the table the Jews drinking and eating and laughing.

1561173412291 (1).jpg

The goy should work hard. Clean their room. Don't steal. Be good boys. Say no to pronouns. If they are being treated bad, they turn the other cheek. I have a similar problem with the 12 step groups which are using the teachings of Christ but are taking Christ out of the equation.

Christ is everything, taking Christ out, is dark. It's body without a soul.

Giving these teachings: Just do some things that Christ said and you'll feel better. How can you reduce Christ to 12 rules?

That's wrong. That's dark. That's evil.

Without God, without Christ there is just rules and the rich rabbis at the table above are telling you what to do. Which rules to follow.

We have a non-Christian telling young boys on Christian "values". What is that? Does Christ talk about moral values? Christ asks us to follow him. Fully. Peterson is turning Christ into a law of his understanding. Which is the opposite of following Christ.

@Uzisuicide You criticize referring to the Jewish connection, but I suggest you open your eyes. Peterson eats and drinks with the Jews. And speaks their language. The most powerful ones on earth. And he is not converting them like Jesus.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Taking Christ out. Reducing Christ to some "teachings" to make you psychologically feel better.

I notice this gets me very passionate and that's because I have been led astray personally by these many of these deceivers. For a long long period of time I have thought the bible is just a bunch of stories, with a lot of wisdom, and that I should read it, just as I read Nietzsche, or Aristotle or Plato. Just a smart philosopher with a following.

My conversion came when I stopped reducing Christ to his (by myself) abstracted teachings.

Christ is the son of God. Christ is God. Getting to know the man Christ. Starting to see Christ as my friend. Someone close to me. A father and friend. Seeing the divine wisdom in this friend. Understanding that there is 1 truth only. And that's him. Someone who I can ask complex problems too. Learning to discern. Seeing Christ hanging at the cross daily. Seeing Christ be born as a baby. Receiving the eucharist.

Peterson. False prophet. Telling lies. And yes there might be someone who hears his words and receives the grace of belief after. But it's as ridiculous of honoring rapists, thieves and murderers.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
That clip has been posted on this site ad nauseum.
Ad Nauseum is when the Holocaust gets a free pass while Holodomor and Thalerhof are swept under the rug.

He doesn't believe the same things as some of you guys and he's carful about what he says. Obviously he has to be. So you men can castigate those who don't believe as you do all day long and good luck with that. I'm not trying to change your minds, but there are alot of good people out there who disagree with you on things.

The enemy of our enemy is not necessarily our friend. I've always believe that JP is an anti-Christian who seeks to undermine Christianity. With that being said, let's agree to disagree.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
He has a Hollywood talent agent, is that something you believe a genuine dissident would have access to?
Ryan Dawson and Andrew Anglin were effectively run out of the USA for their political views. Ryan Dawson simply uncovered the truth behind 9/11 by using police reports and following the money trail.

Most the other guys, who remained in the USA, are unable to get bank accounts, unable to fly or if they fly it is a nightmare, could never work a regular job again, and receive harassment in the form of swatting or direct threats. I can't imagine a Hollywood talent agent ever helping any of them, even if they are far more popular than Peterson is at this time and their popularity continues to grow off the charts while his is falling.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Protestant
Gold Member
He has a Hollywood talent agent, is that something you believe a genuine dissident would have access to?
Michael, I've never heard him be called a dissident nor have I ever considered him that. He's simply a clinical psychologist who gained a following because so many people have been helped by his work. He's making a living doing what he loves. Good for him.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Michael, I've never heard him be called a dissident nor have I ever considered him that. He's simply a clinical psychologist who gained a following because so many people have been helped by his work. He's making a living doing what he loves. Good for him.
Fair enough, my point was simply that one cannot be an anti-establishment rebel and be signed with ACA at the same time. If that's not how you perceived him in the first place, or believed he was trying to present himself, then perhaps the comment doesn't apply to this particular conversation.

Cynllo

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Fair enough, my point was simply that one cannot be an anti-establishment rebel and be signed with ACA at the same time. If that's not how you perceived him in the first place, or believed he was trying to present himself, then perhaps the comment doesn't apply to this particular conversation.

This was posted on Reddit for years ago. Seems to have held up well.

CAA is the talent agency he works with to secure venues and interviews. According to the comedian and former partner of CAA Owen Benjamin, the real reason the Peterson tweeted out that Kavanaugh should resign if elected is because Peterson's interview with Dr Oz was really them feeling out whether they can work together for a new tv show. Dr Oz is a total fraud that pushes out fake science. CAA also works with Hillary Clinton, helped create the #MeToo movement and they helped Harvey Weinstein hide his sexual crimes. Owen Benjamin said that the talent agents are actually more like political handlers that encourage their celebrities to self censor or risk being fired. They are antithetical to everything that Peterson teaches and I would go so far as to say that they fulfill the role of Pleasure Island from Pinnochio. I'm willing to assume that he didn't know about them before signing up with them because he's a professor and not a celebrity but this is definitely a problem. It makes him looks like he's willing to do deals with the devil to get rich and famous and could turn a lot of people away from the content of his lectures.

Here is the video of Owen Benjamin talking about CAA. The part about Peterson starts at 1:49:30

I can't find a copy of that video.